Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Antichrist compared to the Catholic pseudo church

Given the list of those blatantly anctichrist above, isn't it interesting that people still insist on calling the Pope antichrist when the RCC and Papacy believe this?
Nicene Creed

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all that is, seen and unseen.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation, he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Amen.[/FONT]

After 33 years in Baptist churches (which I am still attending), I attended my first Catholic Mass this evening. I only went out of curiosity, and because a friend who's wife died last month asked me to go. After the service, he spoke with me and I realized just how important it was to him that I be there.

Anyway, because it is the Easter season, this was a very traditional service, total time of about 90 minutes. The opening by the Priest was a prayer recognizing Christ's redemptive act on the Cross - a simple, down to earth, easily understandable, statement of our faith.

As for the rest of the service, well - I have NEVER heard SO MANY verses of the New Testament read in a single service before!

I found their belief in the Priest's blessings of the crowd and palm branches (which were handed out as you entered) to be kind of "pentecostal", that is, I found it to be an honest expression of a faith taken very seriously.

There is nothing of Satan or the Antichrist in the Catholic church - Satan would not preach the biblical Jesus like I heard tonight, it never stopped. The whole service was about his atonement for our sin.

I also found the instructions in the book in the pews about communion to say the exact same thing as we are taught in the Baptist church - that is, the warning to not take it with any great unrepentant sin in our lives.

It was a different experience from my baptist background. And I don't see myself ever changing to Catholicism - but I am glad I went. I plan on going next Sunday night to the Easter Mass as well.

If the Catholic bashing here is not stopped, I will reconsider just how "Christian" this site is, and re-consider my participation here.

If the Catholic bashing here is not stopped, I will reconsider just how "Christian" this site is, and re-consider my participation here.

The Roman Catholic Mass is beautiful - if sometimes a bit confusing. I was born and baptized into the RCC, but as my mother divorced my father prior to Vatican II, she was kicked out of the church.

Still, I've had occasion to revisit the mass on many occasions, and find it comforting.

And I agree: Catholic-bashing is unscriptural and unwarranted.

a side note you guys brought to mind...

My niece, a catholic, was beginning to see things around her like a 4/5 year old will. She was a 'spiritual child', liked angels that sorta 4 year old stuff.... Her Grandma had gone to Mass with them.. The child noticed the Crucifix! She started to cry fairly loud grandma took her out ... she kept crying I want my Jesus down off of there!

Which suited her pentecostal grandma just fine.. it ended well

I have gone to Mass with my in-laws i like the traditions the pomp. I have often thought the prodisents ( stumped spell check) could use some of that.

shoot, you all werent here when we had a bunch of catholic bashing. i dont agree with their doctrine on alot. I have been to mass a time or two,daughter is one and ex-gf is one.

I have some disagreements with the RCC, to be sure. But, the constant "anti-RCC" threads here are harmful, overall, to the body of Christ.

Indeed, there is already enough conflict and hostility within the denominations. However, I think it is important to expose some of the false teachings within the RCC which are not biblical at all.

However, I think it is important to expose some of the false teachings within the RCC which are not biblical at all.

There are more than enough false teachings being circulated among Protestant denominations (have a look at some of the "junk" that passes for "Biblical scholarship" on the web) that Protestants should tend to their own house first.

(You know, that whole "spec and board in the eye" thing.) :thumbsup

Once Protestants have it down pat, maybe then we can condemn Catholics for their false teachings.

Or let God deal with them.

I don't know. Maybe that's why there are so many denominations in the first place: don't like what one church teaches? Start another. And keep starting new ones until we finally find one that agrees with everything I believe.

Might be a very small church. :chin

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. It seems all the denominations have skewed off the biblical path somewhat to twist scripture into it's own liking. A big part of the reason why I identify with no church. People need to understand that they need Jesus not these religious rituals and sacraments.

Indeed, there is already enough conflict and hostility within the denominations. However, I think it is important to expose some of the false teachings within the RCC which are not biblical at all.
First off, I thank Reba for taking on the task of cleaning the thread of it's rubbish. She has my full approval, not that she needs it, she's the Mod of this section, so respect that please. :yes

Discussing the RCC is confined to End Times beliefs like those of the Reformers. I have no issues with it at all. I DO have issues with how some Adventists present it.

So, as long as it's done without attacking one another and within the confines of one's End Times beliefs, that's fine.

ALL OTHER POSTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO EDITING OR DELETION and could result in the offending membership(s) being blocked from this section or banned completely.

:salute

1. 3 KINGDOMS DESTROYED BY ANTICHRIST SYSTEM AT EMERGENCE (DAN 7.8, 7.24)
1. THE HERULIS, VANDALS, AND OSTROGOTHS WERE ERADICATED BY THE PAPACY AT IT'S INCEPTION.

2. RECEIVES SEAT AND AUTHORITY FROM ROME (DAN 7.7, 7.23 REV 13.1-2)
2. IT IS THE 'ROMAN' CATHOLIC CHURCH

3. COMBINED CHURCH AND STATE (DAN 7.7, 7.23 REV 17.3)
3. THE VATICAN IS THE ONLY CITY-CHURCH-STATE IN THE WORLD

4. SITS UPON 7 HILLS (REV 17.9)
4. VATICAN SITS ON 7 HILLS OF ROME

5. RULES THE WORLD FOR 1260 YEARS (DAN 7.25 REV 12.6)
5. THE PAPACY RULED THE WORLD FROM 538-1798

6. IS WOUNDED AFTER RULE (REV 13.3)
6. THE RULE WAS CUT SHORT AND 'WOUNDED' BY NAPOLEON

7. WOUND WILL BE HEALED (REV 13.3)
7. THE WOUND WAS 'HEALED' BY THE LATERAN TREATY IN 1929

8. WAS, IS NOT, YET IS (REV 17.8)
8. WAS (538-1798) IS NOT (1798-1929) YET IS (1929-NOW)

9. BLASPHEMOUS POWER (DAN 7.8, 7.25 REV 13.5, 17.3)
9. THE POPE CLAIMS TO BE GOD AND SAYS TO FORGIVE SINS

10. WILL CAUSE CRAFT TO PROSPER (DAN 8.25)
10. STARTED JESUITS, FREEMASONS, ISLAM, AND ALMOST ALL THE SECRET SOCIETIES, PLUS THE 13 ILLUMINATI FAMILIES (KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)

11. NAME WILL EQUAL '666' (REV 13.18)
11. THE TITLE FOR THE POPE VICARIVS FILII DEI ADDS TO 666

12. WILL WAR AGAINST THE SAINTS (DAN 7.25, 8.24 REV 13.7, 17.6, 17.14) 13.
12. THE PAPACY KILLED MILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS DURING THE INQUISITIONS

13. WORLD WILL WONDER AFTER THE BEAST (REV 13.8, 17.8)
13. THE WORLD WONDERS AFTER THE PAPACY AND ALL IT'S DEMONIC SYMBOLS AND DOCTRINES

14. IS A PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN BABYLONIAN CULT (REV 17.5)
14. CATHOLICS CLAIM TO BE CHRISTIAN WHILE EMBRACING BABYLONIAN PRACTICES

15. IS THE MOTHER OF FALSE CHURCHES (REV 17.5)
15. OVER 3OOO DENOMINATIONS HAVE SPAWNED FROM THE VATICAN

16. WILL CHANGE TIMES AND LAWS (DAN 7.25)
16. THE VATICAN THINKS TO CHANGE THE SABBATH AND THE COMMANDMENTS

17. IS A CITY (REV 17.18)
17. THE VATICAN IS THE ONLY CITY-CHURCH-STATE IN THE WORLD

18. WILL WEAR SCARLET AND PURPLE (REV 17.4)
18. CARDINALS WEAR SCARLET AND BISHOPS WEAR PURPLE

19. WILL BE DECKED WITH PRECIOUS STONES (REV 17.4)
19. VATICAN IS THE WEALTHIEST INSTITUTION ON THE PLANET

20. WILL HOLD GOLDEN CUP IN HAND (REV 17.4)
20. GOLDEN CHALICE IS USED BY POPE IN RITUALS

21. WILL HAVE 8 KINGS, 8TH IS ANTICHRIST (REV 17.10-11)
21. SINCE 1929 THERE HAS BEEN SEVEN...THE NEXT POPE IS THE ANTICHRIST?

Well the RCC has clearly been problematic, but i think islam fits that role much better. The RCC for all intesive purposes is dead, and has very little influance left in the world. the koran was written to fill the role of opposition to christ.

The RCC for all intesive purposes is dead, and has very little influence left in the world.

You would be surprised if you knew the extent of the Vatican's power here on earth. Why do all the top leaders of governments and the top leaders of different religions go and visit the Pope? He must be important somehow.

Have you talked to any ex-catholics as to why they left the catholic pseudo church? They are usually full of information exposing the catholic pseudo church.

About Catholicism:

False Religions EXPOSED!

and

http://www.pdf.cftresources.com/2009_01-25__Catholic Doctrines of Devils.pdf

About Mystery Babylon (The RCC)

SermonAudio.com - Mystery Babylon

In this study we look at proof that the Roman Catholic church is the wicked city described in Revelation 17-18. We also see how Daniel's prophecy about the statue, proves that the final world government is the Roman (Iron) Catholic (Clay) church.

6 Catholic Heresies:

SermonAudio.com - 6 Catholic Heresies

In this sermon we look at 6 heresies taught by the Roman Catholic Church. These heresies include:

1. The Eucharist
2. The Confessional
3. The Pope and his priests
4. The 7 sacraments
5. Purgatory
6. Mary worship

There are more than enough false teachings being circulated among Protestant denominations (have a look at some of the "junk" that passes for "Biblical scholarship" on the web) that Protestants should tend to their own house first.

(You know, that whole "spec and board in the eye" thing.) :thumbsup

Once Protestants have it down pat, maybe then we can condemn Catholics for their false teachings.

Or let God deal with them.

I don't know. Maybe that's why there are so many denominations in the first place: don't like what one church teaches? Start another. And keep starting new ones until we finally find one that agrees with everything I believe.

Might be a very small church. :chin
:lol a million gazillion one man churches.

You would be surprised if you knew the extent of the Vatican's power here on earth. Why do all the top leaders of governments and the top leaders of different religions go and visit the Pope? He must be important somehow.

Have you talked to any ex-catholics as to why they left the catholic pseudo church? They are usually full of information exposing the catholic pseudo church.

About Catholicism:

False Religions EXPOSED!

and

http://www.pdf.cftresources.com/2009_01-25__Catholic Doctrines of Devils.pdf

About Mystery Babylon (The RCC)

SermonAudio.com - Mystery Babylon

In this study we look at proof that the Roman Catholic church is the wicked city described in Revelation 17-18. We also see how Daniel's prophecy about the statue, proves that the final world government is the Roman (Iron) Catholic (Clay) church.

6 Catholic Heresies:

SermonAudio.com - 6 Catholic Heresies

In this sermon we look at 6 heresies taught by the Roman Catholic Church. These heresies include:

1. The Eucharist
2. The Confessional
3. The Pope and his priests
4. The 7 sacraments
5. Purgatory
6. Mary worship

I am well aware of the heretical nature of the RCC. From its polytheistic roots to present they have always been very self-serving in nature. I just find it hard to see them move into a body of killers prone to beheading as described in rev. Islam fits that role better, its what the koran was written for, and they have been beheading christians for over a thousand years now. Seems a natural fit.

Hey warhorse, the oft compulsive part of my personality compels me to say, it's intent and purposes, not intensive purposes. ;)

Historicly speaking I understand why some christians have seen the RCC as possibly babylon, however in our time the RCC is not at all what it has been at times in the past,unless things really turn around before the return of the Lord we probably need to look somewhere else.

I think I'll just sit here and wait for the anti-Christ to come to me. I got enough on my plate as it is. Why worry about tomorrow when you have Jesus today?

That being said, you had me until #5, at which point I became skeptical. The pope is an empty suit in my opinion. He wields some power around RCC'ers but that's about it. Then you lost me at #15 because in condemning the RCC you are then condemning the Protestants, which I assume you are one of...

But there are lots of compelling anti-Christs, maybe that should tell you a thing or two about the state of our world? Hate isn't going to reach into the hearts of anyone,so instead of attacking the RCC for their heretic and idol worshiping ways, go to them and teach them the truth. I have found, in talking to RCC friends, that many do not even know the scripture to back up their beliefs. It's much like what occurred in the past. The RCC blinded the believers by only using Latin Bibles. No one spoke Latin except the wealthy and the priests.

So instead of making inflamitory threads, go to the Catholics and dedicate your time to showing them the errors of their ways.

Since history books have been largely rewritten, few people know specific details of this murderous campaign of the Roman Catholic Inquisition that lasted over 1,200 years, killing 75 million people. But, once you understand the unprecedented horrors of the Inquisition, you will never look at Roman Catholicism the same way again.

In reading books from 50-150 years ago, we see Christian authors struggling with this very question; they decided to "sanitize" the truth so no Christian sensibilities are offended. Yet, their books hide the true horror of the Roman Catholic Church! In this End of the Age, where Antichrist is apparently near, when the False Prophet has been selected and he is the Pope, and when the Liberal Protestant Church is cozying up to the very beast that slaughtered up to 75 million Protestants, we have concluded that the time has come to take the "sensibility blinders off". We will quote Catholic documents just as they were printed, so you can see the true face of this beast that slaughtered 75-100 million people over 1,200 years; if you think you will be offended, do not read the rest of the article [rest assured we will not depict gross immorality, as we have filtered that out].

I wonder how many of those tens of millions that died were real Christian martyrs? :chin

Nowhere in Holy Scripture did Jesus ever slaughter anyone who disagreed with him, nor did He ever advocate any of his followers doing so. Neither does any Apostle give this command to the Church later in the New Testament.

I am well aware of the heretical nature of the RCC. From its polytheistic roots to present they have always been very self-serving in nature. I just find it hard to see them move into a body of killers prone to beheading as described in rev. Islam fits that role better, its what the koran was written for, and they have been beheading christians for over a thousand years now. Seems a natural fit.

Have the Muslims been helped by the RCC?
Doesn't the Pope want a one world religion with himself as the head? :chin

Last edited by a moderator:
few people know specific details of this murderous campaign of the Roman Catholic Inquisition that lasted over 1,200 years, killing 75 million people.

Even if all that you post in these hateful diatribes is true, please tell me how many Christians Catholics are killing today in the name of Christ???

If you answered "zero", that would pretty much also indicate how much credibility I ascribe to your anti-Catholic posts and the sources behind them.

For what it's worth. :shame

Back