Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You posted it. Again, I would say the archaic terminology of the KJV of Gal. 2:16 and Phil. 3:9 is misleading you to state that we are saved by Christ's faith. Admittedly, that is what the KJV says, but it makes no sense. I looked at other versions (new, modern, current English) and they said we are saved by our faith IN Christ and not the faith OF Christ.
Okay, what I referenced were the actual Greek words. How does that not make sense? Do you not believe we are saved solely by what Christ did?

Christ's faithfulness was in that He accomplished, and will accomplish, all that the Father desired(s) Him to accomplish.

[1Th 5:24 KJV] 24 Faithful [is] he that calleth you, who also will do [it].

I can provide more references if you'd like

One of Christ's names is even Faithful (and True)

[Rev 19:11 KJV]
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Effects Personal sanctification and good works !

So the death of Christ was for the purpose of effecting for all Christ died their personal sanctification as stated here Eph 5:25-27

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

The word that is the greek word hina:

that, in order that, so that, to the end that

So vs 26 can read

26 in order that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Its stating a Divine Purpose..

So Christ giving His Life for His Church had meaning and purpose. God had chosen the Church in Him Eph 1:4 to be Holy, and so His death accomplishes that.

It [His death] effects a life of Good works Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Notice the same purpose word is used hina who gave Himself for us to the end that He might redeem us from all iniquity and purify unto Himself a peculiar people zealous of good works. It makes His People zealous of good works.

The greek word is:

zēlōtēs:

) one burning with zeal, a zealot

2) used of God as jealous of any rival and sternly vindicating his control

3) most eagerly desirous of, zealous for, a thing

a) to acquire a thing, (zealous of)

b) to defend and uphold a thing, vehemently contending for a thing

He causes His People to defend and earnestly contend for the Faith Jude 1:3

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly[zealously] contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. 3

Back