Christian Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Christian Forum aspires to be an online community where Christians can come together in fellowship with the purpose to encourage, inspire and build up our faith in Christ Jesus. John 13:34-35
  • Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

rogerg

From
Monterey Park, Ca
You posted it. Again, I would say the archaic terminology of the KJV of Gal. 2:16 and Phil. 3:9 is misleading you to state that we are saved by Christ's faith. Admittedly, that is what the KJV says, but it makes no sense. I looked at other versions (new, modern, current English) and they said we are saved by our faith IN Christ and not the faith OF Christ.
Okay, what I referenced were the actual Greek words. How does that not make sense? Do you not believe we are saved solely by what Christ did?

Christ's faithfulness was in that He accomplished, and will accomplish, all that the Father desired(s) Him to accomplish.

[1Th 5:24 KJV] 24 Faithful [is] he that calleth you, who also will do [it].

I can provide more references if you'd like

One of Christ's names is even Faithful (and True)

[Rev 19:11 KJV]
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.