Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Chair of Peter

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It didn't matter. The Father chose Peter. Who do you say that I am? Jesus didn't ask because He didn't know. How could anyone know Jesus as Son of God but the Father? A door was opened in front of Peter. Peter spoke the first infallible doctrine. The beginning of the Deposit of Faith from the mouth of Peter.

Immediately Satan swooped through the door and began distorting the meaning of Peter's vocation.
Satan targeting Peter because of the keys and charism to guard the deposit of Faith.
Peter having just experienced Jesus as a son felt he had authority to remonstrate with Jesus.

It's funny, the very events that would have happened to the lead Apostle,whoever it was ie; Satans focused attacks, are used to defame his character instead.

Scripture describes a person experiencing deception directly from Satan right after Receiving and speaking infallible truth and instead of realizing that for what it is ,Satan attacking the newly appointed guardian of faith in Jesus, it's considered as a reason Peter isn't fit to lead.
Ever wonder why none of the Apostles are singled out in Scriptures? Only Peter was put to the test. Both heaven and hell were treating Peter as leader of the Church.

Have you ever heard of Jesus Christ? He is the Son of God. He is the Savior of the world. He was the one who was sacrificed for all sins committed. He was the one who was resurrected. He is the one sitting at the right hand of God.

Peter was just one of Jesus' disciples. He was clearly a flawed man. I have no doubt that the Holy Spirit inspired the negative portrayals of Peter in Scripture so that he would not become the object of adoration and worship given him by the Catholic denomination.

All praise, glory, and honor belong to Jesus Christ alone. Not to His flawed disciple.

Have you ever heard of Jesus Christ? He is the Son of God. He is the Savior of the world. He was the one who was sacrificed for all sins committed. He was the one who was resurrected. He is the one sitting at the right hand of God.

Peter was just one of Jesus' disciples. He was clearly a flawed man. I have no doubt that the Holy Spirit inspired the negative portrayals of Peter in Scripture so that he would not become the object of adoration and worship given him by the Catholic denomination.

All praise, glory, and honor belong to Jesus Christ alone. Not to His flawed disciple.
Seriously. It's not an either or thing. Your defense is Jesus is our savior not Peter?
Do you honestly believe that's happening?

You are hanging it all on one incident again and ignoring all the others.

More inventions from you. What happened to Sola Scriptura?

Of all the apostles only Peter was told to feed my lambs and take care of my sheep. The rest is your invention.

Peter was specifically told to strengthen his brethren - meaning the other apostles. That was nothing to do with the command to preach the gospel. You just make stuff up.
What happened to Sola Scriptura?

Nothing there about feed my lambs and take care of my sheep.
Nothing there about strengthening the other apostles.

We don't idololise Peter.
Jesus is the focus of our faith.
It's you that are making a big issue of it.

I would offer

What I call a false doctrine of mankind . . "Chair of Peter" our born again brother in the lord it comes from the idea of the chair of Moses the judgment seat of the Holy Father not seen.

Remember Moses in parables represents God not seen and Aaron seen the messenger /priest a precursor of the Son of man Jesus the prophet. Jesus prophesied (declared) the words of his Holy Father not seen like all prophets sent as apostles

Exodus 7:1 And the Lord said unto Moses,(signified as God) See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Moses sat in the place of judgment using the instrument of Judgment (sola scriptura )

Matthew 23:1-3King James Version Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.. . . . . Neither can they

Their works as false teachers are shown in a commentary

There God is shown protecting the power and integrity of his unseen word as a understanding from God (not from dying Moses). . finishing sola scriptura all things written in the law and prophets .Placed three objects in a golden ark .

Gold
the only rudiment declared as good. Gold represents the measure of faith. He gives us little, the hidden things of the gospel.

Hiding the mysteries made known in parables called hidden manna in Revelation 2:17 Manna literally a question. What is it? No familiarity with our own thoughts and ways and two other item hid . the Bible sola scriptura was place on the outside it revealed the whole gospel story

Deuteronomy 31:24-29 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the Lord, saying,Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the Lord; and how much more after my death?
Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them. For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

I would think the golden measure makes the idea of apostolic succession as a law of a legion of fathers . . . . . .disappear

Back