Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

Way cool at the time, but then I forget half the things I read the day before, its not that im not focused at the time, I just have bad memory.

Its like I get it I get it, then the next day its like, oh what was it again.

Why are they so angry I wonder?
I think it's because Alzheimer / other similar diseases eat away the area of the brain that controls impulses. So if they are having a bad day, rather than being grumpy like other people, they take it all the way in full rage.

I think it's because Alzheimer / other similar diseases eat away the area of the brain that controls impulses. So if they are having a bad day, rather than being grumpy like other people, they take it all the way in full rage.
Ohhh ok. That makes sense. It must give you patience knowing that.

13221639_10205696586044164_2631633111290651387_n.jpg

Way cool at the time, but then I forget half the things I read the day before, its not that im not focused at the time, I just have bad memory.

Whats good about that is that you get a new revelation each time you re-read it!

Kiwidan
It's called a moment of lucidity.
If we could use more than 10% of our brain, I believe we would be able to always think and know like that.

My two cents.

Wondering

Wow, that would really tie in with my psych problems, i.e. anger and impulsiveness. Impulse and emotion control is housed in the cortices, and that's where I took the hit- my right cerebral cortex. Been "going frontal" ever since. (I now use ancient martial arts techniques to compensate for the control loss.)

Good point Sister. :thumbsup

I wonder if part of our brain has our spiritual senses in it.
The pineal gland, located deep within and near dead-center of the human brain, has long been scrutinized as the physical seat of spirituality in the human species.

You ever really read the Gospels and really pay focused attention on Jesus' Words? Way cool!
Have you ever seen the movie Jesus: the Man You Thought You Knew? It was made in the late 70s, if memory serves, and includes only the exact recorded dialogue of Jesus Christ (believe based on the Godpel of Luke). Might be an interesting way to try this focus thing you're on to.

If the brain has a spiritual storage part,then wouldn't those with low iqs also have a soul defect?

Intelligence and spirituality are not necessarily the same thing.
Yet if the brain has it.it too can be defective.seizures affect all parts of the brain.you can have a full fledged seizure and not have the grand mal ones and appear to have a stroke.thar will include every part of the brain.

See the problem? My dad has this and sister

Have you ever seen the movie Jesus: the Man You Thought You Knew? It was made in the late 70s, if memory serves, and includes only the exact recorded dialogue of Jesus Christ (believe based on the Godpel of Luke). Might be an interesting way to try this focus thing you're on to.
Thanks. I'll see if its on Netflix.

Yet if the brain has it.it too can be defective.seizures affect all parts of the brain.you can have a full fledged seizure and not have the grand mal ones and appear to have a stroke.thar will include every part of the brain.

See the problem? My dad has this and sister
Sorry to hear :sad

Back