Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

Its probably the great delusion in scripture. The world is become brain dead on there phones and technology they don't know what reality is anymore. Hey theres a green tree next to you.

I mean the internet is good to study, but I think 95% of people are brainwashed in fairyland playing pokemon or doing something on there phones why walking like texting. Its deluded.

Last edited:
It's the same problem with people texting while driving.

There is a growing number of people who want to have basic cell phones...a means to make and/or receive phone calls, and that's all.

I admit I spend way to much time on internet. Its not good. If I don't watch myself I might become a deluded zombie like millions of others.

It's the same problem with people texting while driving.

There is a growing number of people who want to have basic cell phones...a means to make and/or receive phone calls, and that's all.
Hey AirDancer,
I've always been one of those people with a basic cell phone.

I mean, is it fair that a cell phone should have the capability to take pictures, for example?
Do cameras have the capability to make phone calls? NO. So what gives? Where's the justice in this world?
:hysterical

Yeah. Except it's not so funny. I was on a short train ride, about 40 minutes last year. On my side was a couple. They were married. He was on his phone and she was on her phone. I was wondering if they were maybe texting each other! LOL.

I know all about smart phones. I have granddaughters that like to keep Samsung in business. I've purchased at least 7 in the past 3 years. But I never want one for myself. People are loosing the ability to communicate. Teenagers are beginning to speak in SMS mode.

So yes. I want to belong to the simple cell phone club.
I'm just glad one exists!!

Wondering

I admit I spend way to much time on internet. Its not good. If I don't watch myself I might become a deluded zombie like millions of others.
Do you know about this clinic in China where kids go to get de-zombieized?
Their parents give them a sleeping pill at night and when they wake up they find themselves in this clinic.
3 Months. Cold turkey. I found out about this on Fox News. Some will wear diapers so they don't have to stop once a game begins. Sounds pretty serious!

Don't become a zombie Kiwidan. I'll bet fishing is so much more fun -

Wondering

Hey AirDancer,
I've always been one of those people with a basic cell phone.

I mean, is it fair that a cell phone should have the capability to take pictures, for example?
Do cameras have the capability to make phone calls? NO. So what gives? Where's the justice in this world?
:hysterical

Yeah. Except it's not so funny. I was on a short train ride, about 40 minutes last year. On my side was a couple. They were married. He was on his phone and she was on her phone. I was wondering if they were maybe texting each other! LOL.

I know all about smart phones. I have granddaughters that like to keep Samsung in business. I've purchased at least 7 in the past 3 years. But I never want one for myself. People are loosing the ability to communicate. Teenagers are beginning to speak in SMS mode.

So yes. I want to belong to the simple cell phone club.
I'm just glad one exists!!

Wondering

I used to have a basic cell phone, wondering. True, it could receive text messages....but I didn't buy a phone plan that supported them. So if a text came through, I knew it had nothing to do with my family or friends.

That phone was 12 years old when it fatally malfunctioned. I went into the phone shop, with every intention of getting another basic phone, but ended up with a mini smart phone. It was on sale....for $1.00. Granted, I had to sign a contract for a year, but I figured I could abide my phone company for another year. Didn't bother to buy insurance on that dollar phone; after all, if the phone breaks, I'm out a whole dollar.

My next cell phone will be a basic one. I don't use even a fraction of the apps available on the phone...I don't check email...I don't connect to the internet on the phone.

I used to have a basic cell phone, wondering. True, it could receive text messages....but I didn't buy a phone plan that supported them. So if a text came through, I knew it had nothing to do with my family or friends.

That phone was 12 years old when it fatally malfunctioned. I went into the phone shop, with every intention of getting another basic phone, but ended up with a mini smart phone. It was on sale....for $1.00. Granted, I had to sign a contract for a year, but I figured I could abide my phone company for another year. Didn't bother to buy insurance on that dollar phone; after all, if the phone breaks, I'm out a whole dollar.

My next cell phone will be a basic one. I don't use even a fraction of the apps available on the phone...I don't check email...I don't connect to the internet on the phone.
I like how you think Air Dancer.
Welcome to the club!
I know you'll like it here...

Wondering

--
I posted a photo of someone feeding a very hungry family of Polar bears.
I think this is an awesome photo.
Man and Nature. Getting along.

Two thoughts:

1. I'm really relieved it wasn't a cell phone!
2. Sign in Grand Canyon National Park:
"A fed animal is a dead animal."

Who pays attention to signs?

Wondering

Signs, Signs, Everywhere there's signs.
Blocking out the scenery. Breaking my mind.
Do this! Don't do that! Can't you read the signs?

(Five Man Electrical Band's song "Signs")

Man and Nature. Getting along.

Two thoughts:

1. I'm really relieved it wasn't a cell phone!
2. Sign in Grand Canyon National Park:
"A fed animal is a dead animal."

Who pays attention to signs?

Wondering
-
Im ok if the Polar bear is texting....
(just as long as the P-bear is not texting and driving)...( i hate this when i see it)..:angry:angry

Back