Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

What kind of people are we for laughing at other people like this? Gosh, I feel bad. But not that bad. Here's Keith, and once again, all I can say is, "Dude".

Ahh yes,Isadora/Julie. I'm sure there's a niche market for her, somwhere. Between good and bad, the light and the dark, between the pit of man's despair and the summit of his achievement. A place we call...Julie. Sorry, Isadora.

kiwidan
Hi Kiwidan
Remember we were both going to read Nahum about two weeks ago?
I read it. Did you?

What general idea did you get from it?
For me it reinforced the fact that the Jews believed that everything was from God, that He caused everything to happen. They attributed everything to Him. I believe that this is why some believe God causes both the good and the bad even today. Because of books such as this.

Wondering

kiwidan
Hi Kiwidan
Remember we were both going to read Nahum about two weeks ago?
I read it. Did you?

What general idea did you get from it?
For me it reinforced the fact that the Jews believed that everything was from God, that He caused everything to happen. They attributed everything to Him. I believe that this is why some believe God causes both the good and the bad even today. Because of books such as this.

Wondering
Are you sure you understood the book?
Did you confer with anyone about it yet?
That's scary.

That your interpretation is scary.
It's not my interpretation of the book. I know what the book is about.
It was a general interpretation of the entire O.T.
I think this is why the Jewish people have held together all these thousands of years.
Because of their deep belief that God was a part of every moment of their lives.

Have you ever thought of this:
Take the people of Italy. Spread them out into different countries for about 60 years, which was the Assyrian rule in Samaria (and Israel, North), and then check back and see if the Italian culture still exists. I say no.

This is what I was getting at. Everything that happened in the O.T. is attributed to God.

W

It's not my interpretation of the book. I know what the book is about.
It was a general interpretation of the entire O.T.
I think this is why the Jewish people have held together all these thousands of years.
Because of their deep belief that God was a part of every moment of their lives.

Have you ever thought of this:
Take the people of Italy. Spread them out into different countries for about 60 years, which was the Assyrian rule in Samaria (and Israel, North), and then check back and see if the Italian culture still exists. I say no.

This is what I was getting at. Everything that happened in the O.T. is attributed to God.

W
You think Italians come from Samaria?
I agree.
The Roman soldiers with all those women, I'm sure most Jews today living in Israel are Italians.

You think Italians come from Samaria?
I agree.
The Roman soldiers with all those women, I'm sure most Jews today living in Israel are Italians.
LOL.
I know you're kidding, but in New York they used to say that Italians and Jews are the same.
I don't know if this is true anymore...

The Jews have remained cohesive for over 3,000 years. It's incredible and miraculous.

Wondering

LOL.
I know you're kidding, but in New York they used to say that Italians and Jews are the same.
I don't know if this is true anymore...

The Jews have remained cohesive for over 3,000 years. It's incredible and miraculous.

Wondering
They quite often look the same, same facial features.

Back