Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

Loved the Python! Although for the "life" of me I doubt if I will ever be able to watch Life of Brian. There are some things I just cannot make jokes about.

Speaking of, here's John Cleese of MP fame, guesting on P&T (watertank escape, well non-escape). What a consumate gentleman as well as funny.

What's the name of this anime?
It's Shelter, but right now it's just limited to that video. From what my brother told me the song writer had commissioned a studio to make the animation or something. The video is really popular apparently.

It's Shelter, but right now it's just limited to that video. From what my brother told me the song writer had commissioned a studio to make the animation or something. The video is really popular apparently.
Aw darn. I'd love to see the story behind it.

So far the fingerprint reader of all things really does work well. Let's you right into the phone. Hated the slide, really hated the double-tap on the home button, but love this.

I haven't tried the camera yet, but I think it will be awesome. The screen resolution is noticeably better than my old 5.

Speaking of my iPhone 5, my first 5 started swelling at the battery after 4 years of good service. Apple replaced the entire phone for the price of a battery change. 3 weeks later, the camera on the replacement unit quit (apparently a common problem). I asked today if it could be fixed; they said no, can't do a separate camera fix, can only buy a completely new unit for $279. I said no way, but as I turned to leave (I had already purchased a new 7), the Genius guy noticed phone No. 2 was still in 30-day warranty, and replaced it FREE OF CHARGE. So I walked out of the store with two brand new phones (a 7 and my third 5). I will give the 5 to my best friend/business partner.

Hey, maybe this is another example of a problem that is God's way of getting you something better! Kudos to Apple as well; this is exactly why they have my business.

So some friends shared this video with me, and I keep listening to the song. The song is from a musical of the Count of Monte Cristo. I need to read the original novel now. I'm going to check it out from the library.

This particular video is an animatic uses MLP characters, but they're chosen based on aesthetics only.

So some friends shared this video with me, and I keep listening to the song. The song is from a musical of the Count of Monte Cristo. I need to read the original novel now. I'm going to check it out from the library.

This particular video is an animatic uses MLP characters, but they're chosen based on aesthetics only.
Pooooonyyyy!!!!

I just learned that Tattoos are frowned upon in Japan.
Technically, yes. Almost impossible to enter a public bath with one even showing (if you can cover it up with a Band-aid, no problem). Tattoos are associated with the Yakuza, organized crime. Equivalent to our mafia.

Practically, many gaijin (foreigners) living in Japan say they have never been bothered about their body art, even if extensive. Most people will not even notice you have any. I would not have it as a consideration for visiting or even living in Japan, unless I was really into onsen (public hot springs), and even then it's changing.

Last edited:
Oh I see. That's good then!
I think it's a non-issue. There's a lot of things you hear about Japanese culture which are "technically" true, but in practice not really enforced, or even the complete opposite.

Another example: Japanese people are very quiet. Hardly talk at all. Reality: Japanese people are chatterboxes. You...can...not...shut...them...up! Why do you think they invented the Walkman?

Back