Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Derailing Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

"Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense
Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle
With eyes wide open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is
But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle
Are we caught in the middle

Somewhere between my heart and my hands
Somewhere between my faith and my plans
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves

Somewhere between a whisper and a roar
Somewhere between the altar and the door
Somewhere between contented peace and always wanting more
Somewhere in the middle You'll find me"

There's a meteor that people have been talking about recently. It's about 370 meters (1200 feet) in diameter and is currently over 4.5 million kilometers (2.8 million miles) away from us, and people are worried about this. If it hit us, it could instantly level a large city, and would kick up a pretty good sized cloud of dust, that would probably block out the sun sufficiently to cause another ice age. There is another object out there that's much bigger. This hunk of rock is 3500 km (2200 miles) in diameter, and last month it came within 360,000 km (223,000 miles) from the earth, which is less than 1/10th of the distance to the meteor, and nobody even noticed it. If it hit us, the energy released from the impact would melt the entire earth. I think we need to keep things in perspective.

The TOG​

There's a meteor that people have been talking about recently. It's about 370 meters (1200 feet) in diameter and is currently over 4.5 million kilometers (2.8 million miles) away from us, and people are worried about this. If it hit us, it could instantly level a large city, and would kick up a pretty good sized cloud of dust, that would probably block out the sun sufficiently to cause another ice age. There is another object out there that's much bigger. This hunk of rock is 3500 km (2200 miles) in diameter, and last month it came within 360,000 km (223,000 miles) from the earth, which is less than 1/10th of the distance to the meteor, and nobody even noticed it. If it hit us, the energy released from the impact would melt the entire earth. I think we need to keep things in perspective.

The TOG​
What if it drops on top of your house?
Will you be home?

Young lady, I just want to remind you that after;
11 months
83 pages
1659 replies,
and 6927 views, this is still my thread!:yes
Young lady?
humble.gif
Oh is this all about power and ownership?

True funny story to tell:
I worked with this lady who told this very funny story that happened to her.
She was doing a nursing rotation at the Oregon State Mental Hospital.Every term you chose where and what area of nursing that you wanted to do your rotation.She picked Psychiatry.She was doing this while they were filming the movie "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest".They wanted you to have the total experience with the patient so they asked you to eat lunch and converse with the patient.Well,she was sitting down at the lunch table and sitting next to a gentleman and having a conversation with him.She noticed that her fellow nursing students were pointing to her from a table a few rows down.She thought what the heck is their problem.Lunch was over and she returned to work.Her friends asked her "So what was Jack Nicholson like?". She said "hu?". "Well" they said "you were sitting by Jack Nicholson and having lunch with him".She did not have a clue.She said that he looked like all the other patients.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back