Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Derailing Thread

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
True funny story to tell:
I worked with this lady who told this very funny story that happened to her.
She was doing a nursing rotation at the Oregon State Mental Hospital.Every term you chose where and what area of nursing that you wanted to do your rotation.She picked Psychiatry.She was doing this while they were filming the movie "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest".They wanted you to have the total experience with the patient so they asked you to eat lunch and converse with the patient.Well,she was sitting down at the lunch table and sitting next to a gentleman and having a conversation with him.She noticed that her fellow nursing students were pointing to her from a table a few rows down.She thought what the heck is their problem.Lunch was over and she returned to work.Her friends asked her "So what was Jack Nicholson like?". She said "hu?". "Well" they said "you were sitting by Jack Nicholson and having lunch with him".She did not have a clue.She said that he looked like all the other patients.
That's awesome! Good show, too.

I have visited that museum. It's terrifying what they used to do to patients there. It was a good time not to have suffered a personality disorder, especially narcissism.

The highest number of patients there were housewives - either their husbands drove them insane or their husbands put them there to get rid of them - either way, they ended up their because of them.

That's awesome! Good show, too.

I have visited that museum. It's terrifying what they used to do to patients there. It was a good time not to have suffered a personality disorder, especially narcissism.

The highest number of patients there were housewives - either their husbands drove them insane or their husbands put them there to get rid of them - either way, they ended up their because of them.
You think that is bad you should see what they did to them in the 1800's.The Oregon State Hospital is the worse place that a mental patient could be placed.

You think that is bad you should see what they did to them in the 1800's.The Oregon State Hospital is the worse place that a mental patient could be placed.
It's still going, too.

They did lobotomy's, they would tell the family that it would change their loved ones personality, they would no longer be depressed, angry, crazy. LOL Uh, yeah, with 1/4 of your brain gone, I'm sure you'd notice a difference.

They have cans of ashes of people who died there, they were forgotten in the basement of the hospital, and it flooded several times. They got into big trouble for it, so now they have them on display in front of the hospital in a building with a huge window. All the cans are discolored with the chemical reaction of the water with the ashes, with the tin.

Their families would forget about those in the hospital and never come to get their remains.

It's still going, too.

They did lobotomy's, they would tell the family that it would change their loved ones personality, they would no longer be depressed, angry, crazy. LOL Uh, yeah, with 1/4 of your brain gone, I'm sure you'd notice a difference.

They have cans of ashes of people who died there, they were forgotten in the basement of the hospital, and it flooded several times. They got into big trouble for it, so now they have them on display in front of the hospital in a building with a huge window. All the cans are discolored with the chemical reaction of the water with the ashes, with the tin.

Their families would forget about those in the hospital and never come to get their remains.
Yes,I have heard about that.

candle.gif
Sometimes I think that "something" does not want me on this website.Sometimes I come on and it is like all the words are missing or I will try to reply to a thread and a message comes up that says "I am sorry you do not have permission to do this".I am thinking "ok this is weird".

candle.gif
Sometimes I think that "something" does not want me on this website.Sometimes I come on and it is like all the words are missing or I will try to reply to a thread and a message comes up that says "I am sorry you do not have permission to do this".I am thinking "ok this is weird".
I don't think it has anything to do with anyone not wanting you here. It's probably just the server. My computer does weird stuff sometimes, too. Do you have a virus protector? When is the last time you ran it?

I don't think it has anything to do with anyone not wanting you here. It's probably just the server. My computer does weird stuff sometimes, too. Do you have a virus protector? When is the last time you ran it?
Yes,I have Avast.There is another one I want to go to but I am afraid they will overlap.I run it at least once a week.

You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille
With four hungry children
And a crop in the field
I've had some bad times
Lived through some sad times
But this time your hurtin' won't heal
You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille

Back