Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Eternal Hellfire Lie Exposed!

What is this? a tag match in the sand box?

It is interesting that a much higher percentage of people believe in the existence of heaven than believe in the existence of hell. According to the Bible, though, hell is just as real as heaven. The Bible clearly and explicitly teaches that hell is a real place to which the wicked/unbelieving are sent after death. We have all sinned against God (Romans 3:23). The just punishment for that sin is death (Romans 6:23). Since all of our sin is ultimately against God (Psalm 51:4), and since God is an infinite and eternal Being, the punishment for sin, death, must also be infinite and eternal. Hell is this infinite and eternal death which we have earned because of our sin.

The punishment of the wicked dead in hell is described throughout Scripture as “eternal fire†(Matthew 25:41), “unquenchable fire†(Matthew 3:12), “shame and everlasting contempt†(Daniel 12:2), a place where “the fire is not quenched†(Mark 9:44-49), a place of “torment†and “fire†(Luke 16:23-24), “everlasting destruction†(2 Thessalonians 1:9), a place where “the smoke of torment rises forever and ever†(Revelation 14:10-11), and a “lake of burning sulfur†where the wicked are “tormented day and night forever and ever†(Revelation 20:10).

The punishment of the wicked in hell is as never ending as the bliss of the righteous in heaven. Jesus Himself indicates that punishment in hell is just as everlasting as life in heaven (Matthew 25:46). The wicked are forever subject to the fury and the wrath of God. Those in hell will acknowledge the perfect justice of God (Psalm 76:10). Those who are in hell will know that their punishment is just and that they alone are to blame (Deuteronomy 32:3-5). Yes, hell is real. Yes, hell is a place of torment and punishment that lasts forever and ever, with no end. Praise God that, through Jesus, we can escape this eternal fate (John 3:16, 18, 36).
Is hell real? Is hell eternal?

What is this? a tag match in the sand box?

It is interesting that a much higher percentage of people believe in the existence of heaven than believe in the existence of hell. According to the Bible, though, hell is just as real as heaven. The Bible clearly and explicitly teaches that hell is a real place to which the wicked/unbelieving are sent after death. We have all sinned against God (Romans 3:23). The just punishment for that sin is death (Romans 6:23). Since all of our sin is ultimately against God (Psalm 51:4), and since God is an infinite and eternal Being, the punishment for sin, death, must also be infinite and eternal. Hell is this infinite and eternal death which we have earned because of our sin.

The punishment of the wicked dead in hell is described throughout Scripture as “eternal fire” (Matthew 25:41), “unquenchable fire” (Matthew 3:12), “shame and everlasting contempt” (Daniel 12:2), a place where “the fire is not quenched” (Mark 9:44-49), a place of “torment” and “fire” (Luke 16:23-24), “everlasting destruction” (2 Thessalonians 1:9), a place where “the smoke of torment rises forever and ever” (Revelation 14:10-11), and a “lake of burning sulfur” where the wicked are “tormented day and night forever and ever” (Revelation 20:10).

The punishment of the wicked in hell is as never ending as the bliss of the righteous in heaven. Jesus Himself indicates that punishment in hell is just as everlasting as life in heaven (Matthew 25:46). The wicked are forever subject to the fury and the wrath of God. Those in hell will acknowledge the perfect justice of God (Psalm 76:10). Those who are in hell will know that their punishment is just and that they alone are to blame (Deuteronomy 32:3-5). Yes, hell is real. Yes, hell is a place of torment and punishment that lasts forever and ever, with no end. Praise God that, through Jesus, we can escape this eternal fate (John 3:16, 18, 36).

If the soul dies,and it shall can you please tell me how it burns forever?

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Life and Death: The Two Polar Opposites

The apostle Paul summed up the whole matter of people’s reward for sin when he wrote:

ROMANS 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternallife through Christ Jesus our Lord.

Could anything be clearer than this text? The wages for sin is shown to be death, and eternal life is stated to be a gift from God, not something people already have. This is consistently expressed from Genesis to Revelation, notice:

MATTHEW 7:13-14

“Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad the road that leads to destruction and many enter through it, (14) but small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.â€

JOHN 3:16
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.â€

ROMANS 8:13
For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

GALATIONS 6:8
The one who sows to please the sinful nature from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the spirit, from the spirit will reap eternal life.

PROVERBS 11:19
The truly righteous man attains life, but he who pursues evil goes to his death.[2]

All these passages clearly describe the two separate destinies of the righteous and the unrighteous. The “righteous†are people who are in-right-standing with God because they’ve accepted his sacrifice for their sins, the “unrighteous†are those who are not in-right-standing with their Creator because they’ve rejected his offer of salvation.

The former will inherit eternal life, whereas the latter will reap the wages of sin and be destroyed.
Yet those who adhere to the eternal torture doctrine mysteriously don’t accept this blatantly clear biblical truth. They don’t believe that the two polar opposites are life and death; they believe the two polar opposites are eternal life in heavenly bliss and eternal life in burning torment. Sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it? They may not phrase it in such an open manner, but this is what they actually believe when it comes down to it.

If the soul dies,and it shall can you please tell me how it burns forever?

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
What makes you think the soul shall die?

Re: The Lord Loves You

this is not to say that the fires of Gehenna will not burn for a period of time. The Greek word for "eternal" and "forever" (aionios) denotes a period of time. If Strongs Concordance on the word "ever" is consulted, you will notice that the Greek word means "an age, a period". Under the word "aionios" in the Analyical Greek Lexicon p.11 we have the following words, "a period, era, age. . . indeterminate as to duration." The latter phrase is critical. "Forever" denotes periods of time which are indeterminate and unspecified as to beginning or end.
:thumbsup
I only copied one paragraph. There are others which are word for word. You really should quote your sources!
Do we sleep in death?
Westtexas

What makes you think the soul shall die?

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

This is the second death....All will either die or be changed,which is the first death,death of the flesh.......

Luke 16:19-31

King James Version (KJV)

19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

I had some comments typed up but I will instead just say explain this. It even says he was dead but still being tormented, and he wanted to go up to the from the dead.

I had some comments typed up but I will instead just say explain this. It even says he was dead but still being tormented, and he wanted to go up to the from the dead.

This is not a very good scripture to prove eternal torment

The lake of fire is where the soul dies and that does not happen until after the white throne judgement....Those who die now go straight to heaven,seperated by the gulf as described in the scripture you provided.....

But the explanation of the verses is as follows

Luke 16:22 "And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom the rich man also died, and was buried;"

Lazarus was carried into heaven by the angels of God, while the rich man's body was buried in the ground and his soul went to Hades, the holding place before being destroyed by hell fire.

Luke 16:23 "And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom."

This is a parable about two men that actually lived, and when both died, the rich man could see Lazarus in heaven with Abraham. He could look across that great gulf that stood between them, but could not go there. Our Heavenly Father is the Father of the living and not the dead. Thus to be absent from this physical body of the flesh is to be present with the Lord. The soul does not go to the grave as the flesh does, but goes immediate to heaven. Those that did not overcome cannot be with those that overcame in this earth age, for they are separated. All souls can actually see the throne of God from where they are. Those that are on the rich man's side are being held for that great judgment day.

Luke 16:24 "And he cried and said, `Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' "

There is no flame there yet, but there will be after Judgment day. God doesn't burn anybody until after judgment day. This rich man had everything that he wanted, but here in heaven, he can't even afford one drop of water. The role is switched here in heaven, for now Lazarus has the comfort of heaven, and the rich man has nothing, not even comfort.

Luke 16:25 "But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivest thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented."

This is a parable about two men that actually lived, and when both died, the rich man could see Lazarus in heaven with Abraham. He could look across that great gulf that stood between them, but could not go there. Our Heavenly Father is the Father of the living and not the dead. Thus to be absent from this physical body of the flesh is to be present with the Lord. The soul does not go to the grave as the flesh does, but goes immediate to heaven. Those that did not overcome cannot be with those that overcame in this earth age, for they are separated. All souls can actually see the throne of God from where they are. Those that are on the rich man's side are being held for that great judgment day.

This is not a parable.

So what you are saying in essence is the God of infallable justice would have some people who are in hell for exactly the same reasons but who died at diffrent times are serving completely diffrent sentences?

If there is a set time in which the grave is gone away then the people who died at the beggining of time got a raw deal compared to those who died on the last day.

But thank goodness it's not biblical, because if it was, then God is nothing more than a sadistic and revengeful monster that I could never love.

Also I am always careful in my beliefs that should I be wrong I am able to reconcile myself to God in my ignorance but when I see statements like this, well if you stand before God and he assures you hell is real and that it is eternal I can't help but wonder how he would feel about your beliefs then.

I can assure you of one thing though Satan is the biggest winner in a scenario where everybody takes a big ole dirt nap for rebelling against God outright refusal to acknowledge the fact that he put away Godliness and humbled himself to become a man and was shamed and broken and murdered for us and the penalty for sin is sleepy time. No not my God he has stretched forth his hand of mercy and grace he even gave up his life to show how much he loved us, loving us when we are unlovable being merciful to us when we are merciless being a friend to us when we are friendless longing for us to come to him while we spit in his face. And when he comes back he is coming back with a vengeance and with a sword to utterly eradicate his enemies its not nap time for them it is judgment time. Is it possible that over the course of time God's anger would be satiated and then he show mercy to those who have rejected him, I cannot say but I do not see that the scriptures allude to that.

This is not a parable.

So what you are saying in essence is the God of infallable justice would have some people who are in hell for exactly the same reasons but who died at diffrent times are serving completely diffrent sentences?

If there is a set time in which the grave is gone away then the people who died at the beggining of time got a raw deal compared to those who died on the last day.

Also I am always careful in my beliefs that should I be wrong I am able to reconcile myself to God in my ignorance but when I see statements like this, well if you stand before God and he assures you hell is real and that it is eternal I can't help but wonder how he would feel about your beliefs then.

I can assure you of one thing though Satan is the biggest winner in a scenario where everybody takes a big ole dirt nap for rebelling against God outright refusal to acknowledge the fact that he put away Godliness and humbled himself to become a man and was shamed and broken and murdered for us and the penalty for sin is sleepy time. No not my God he has stretched forth his hand of mercy and grace he even gave up his life to show how much he loved us, loving us when we are unlovable being merciful to us when we are merciless being a friend to us when we are friendless longing for us to come to him while we spit in his face. And when he comes back he is coming back with a vengeance and with a sword to utterly eradicate his enemies its not nap time for them it is judgment time. Is it possible that over the course of time God's anger would be satiated and then he show mercy to those who have rejected him, I cannot say but I do not see that the scriptures allude to that.

So the death of the soul means what to you?And please show me a verse that says that the soul suffers forever......As a matter of fact,even satan himself shall cease to exsit.....What part of death don't you understand?

And one more question,could you torture your child forever?

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke 16:19-31

King James Version (KJV)

19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Rich man and Lazarus it figurative, not Literal!

Mat 13:34 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:
Mar 4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

Did you catch that? If not, read those 2 verses again! Jesus always used parables when speaking to the Pharisee's etc. It was only when Jesus spoke with His disciples that he expounded all things.

So that proves and shows that the Rich man and Lazarus was a Parable!

Christ addressed the Pharisees when He recited this account (verse 14). Using one of their own well-known stories about the future (nearly every detail was recorded in Josephus' book, Josephus' Discourses to the Greeks Concerning Hades [pp. 637, 638], which was written shortly after Christ's time), Christ pointed out that in this life only we determine our future destiny. No second probation exists for the human race!

Jesus employed a popular Pharisaical story to teach an important lesson to the Pharisees. But the details of the story so contradict the other teachings of Christ (see Matthew 13:36-40) that no one should accuse Him of supporting the details of the parable itself.

A parable signifies a complete and often imaginary story from which a moral or lesson is to be drawn.

The Random House College Dictionary describes a parable as "a short, allegorical story designed to convey a truth or moral lesson.

Jesus' parables started this way: There was a certain etc...., bit like, once upon a time etc..

The pharisees believed that salvation is based on Abrahamic descent. They believed that all of Abraham's descendants would automatically go to Heaven. Jesus used this parable to turn the tables around and show them that is not the case. A lesson was drawn from it. It's simply a parabolic fable.

Luke 16:19-31 and the OT Isa 14:4-11[Parabolic imagery] is the ONLY place in the whole Bible that makes Hades/Sheol a place of suffering and is the ONLY place in the whole of scriptures portrayed as a place of torment. These being parables, so we can't now sweep all other[and there are many] clear verses aside because of 2 parables.

It's simply hebraized platonism and Christ's last appeals at his end of public ministry.

Rich man and Lazarus is the ONLY passage in the whole of NT of suffering in Hades. And that's because it's only a parable and NOT literal!

"Abrahams Bossom" was a Jewish idiom meaning "Paradise".

IDIOM = individual peculiarity of language - the language peculiar to a people or to a district, community, or class. example "Its raining cats and dogs". if someone tells you this, you take it literal or symbolically?

The nature and destiny of man was a major area of disagreement between Christ and the pharisees. The pharisees rejected Christ's teachings of Life, death and destiny of man. The pharisees were immortal soulists who also believed in eternal agony.

Jesus thus rebuked the Pharisees for their disregard of the Scriptures, foreseeing that even a supernatural event would not change the hearts of those who persistently rejected the teachings of "Moses and the prophets." The miracle of raising the real life Lazarus from the dead soon afterwards confirmed the accuracy of Jesus' conclusion. One did rise from the dead, yet the brothers of the "rich man" did not repent. In fact, the Pharisees even plotted to kill Lazarus after his resurrection. His very life was a reminder to them of their own hypocrisy

So you side with the pharisees over Jesus?

It's as literal as Judges 9:8-15 is, talking trees lol:screwloose

In addition to the Rich man and Lazarus argument that some people try to use.

1) The Parable of the lost sheep [Luke 15:1-7] Shepards Love
2) The Parable of the lost coin [Luke 15:8-10] The Womans dilligent search
3) The Parable of the lost son [Luke 15:11-32] The Wonderful love of the Father over his wayward son
4) The Parable of the Unjust Steward [Luke 16:1-18] Preparation for the life to come and building friendships for the future.
5) The Parable of the Rich man and Lazarus [Luke 16:19-31] The necessity of being ready for the day of death and the futility of counting on a 2nd probation Lost Opportunity and the eternal fixity of mans destiny when life ends. And that Salvation is NOT based on Abrahamic descent.

It is simply a parable used to emphasize a point. Many facts make it clear that this is a parable. A few are as follows:

A. Abraham's bosom is not heaven (Hebrews 11:8-10,16).

B. People in "hell" can't talk to those in heaven (Isaiah 65:17).

C. The dead are in their graves (Job 17:13; John 5:28,29). The rich man was in bodily form with eyes, a tongue, etc., yet we know that the body does not go to some "hell" at death. It is very obvious that the body remains in the grave, as the Bible says.

D. Men are rewarded at Christ's second coming, not at death (Revelation 22:11,12).

E. The lost are punished in the lake of fire [Gehenna] at the end of the world, not when they die (Matthew 13:40-42). The point of the story is found in verse 31 of Luke 16. Parables cannot be taken literally. If we took parables literally, then we must believe that trees talk! (See this parable in Judges 9:8-15).

Religious "conversions" resulting from a fear of hell as it is depicted in this passage have indeed occurred.

Satan is the author of the false doctrine of eternal hellfire!
:grumpy

Originally Posted by FrustratedForumer
.. Yes, hell is real. Yes, hell is a place of torment and punishment that lasts forever and ever, with no end. Praise God that, through Jesus, we can escape this eternal fate (John 3:16, 18, 36).

John 3:15 "That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

To perish means to turn your soul into ashes, and to eliminate all memory of you at the lake of fire, following the great white throne judgment.

Do you have a different meaning for perish that I don't know about,if so will you please share...

John 3:15 "That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

To perish means to turn your soul into ashes, and to eliminate all memory of you at the lake of fire, following the great white throne judgment.

Do you have a different meaning for perish that I don't know about,if so will you please share...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish[apollumi], but have everlasting life.

The Koine Greek word apollumi, as used in John 3:16 means total destruction!

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him.

WILL NOT SEE LIFE, so that means they cannot live forever in a fire!

Psa 37:20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

Strange contention of some that to "perish" is in fact "to live on forever". Don't forget what Devil said: "you shall surely NOT die".

Step into the light, and quit using deception, if you have the courage of your convictions you should embrace the fact that you are a JW not hide it but some how this is not the case. You use the exact same argument as every other JW, I know because I work with 2 of them and have debated both extensively and heard the EXACT SAME SCRIPTURES QUOTED WITH EVERY DEBATE, every debate seperately but somehow they both used the exact same scriptures and arguments, of which I had to tell them that does not seem cultic at all.

Name one other parable that uses names by the way.

We could go back and forth going through the greek and hebrew and Aramaic and it would not make any diffrence, If you are JW which I am certain you are then you lack the Holy Spirit and would never be able to understand what you are reading in the context it was meant. You can debate that but I can tell you already it will not stand up and I'll tell you why. You come across as though you want to teach people but then you talk down to anyone who opposes your view like they are somehow infinetely less intelligent than you that somehow you have vastly superior knowledge on the scriptures and there is only one way for them to be interpreted and that is your way, you lack the heart of a teacher and that is because you lack The Teacher. And that argument about it being a parable I have the newsletter in my bag around here somewhere so I have heard all that before but don't let me stand in your way go right on continue by all means you grab that bible of your and just beat people into submission with it just keep hitting em' I'm sure eventually you will get a convert and earn your way into the kingdom.

Also I look forward to your next post when the next Watchtower newsletter comes out.

Step into the light, and quit using deception, if you have the courage of your convictions you should embrace the fact that you are a JW not hide it but some how this is not the case. You use the exact same argument as every other JW, I know because I work with 2 of them and have debated both extensively and heard the EXACT SAME SCRIPTURES QUOTED WITH EVERY DEBATE, every debate seperately but somehow they both used the exact same scriptures and arguments, of which I had to tell them that does not seem cultic at all.

Name one other parable that uses names by the way.

We could go back and forth going through the greek and hebrew and Aramaic and it would not make any diffrence, If you are JW which I am certain you are then you lack the Holy Spirit and would never be able to understand what you are reading in the context it was meant. You can debate that but I can tell you already it will not stand up and I'll tell you why. You come across as though you want to teach people but then you talk down to anyone who opposes your view like they are somehow infinetely less intelligent than you that somehow you have vastly superior knowledge on the scriptures and there is only one way for them to be interpreted and that is your way, you lack the heart of a teacher and that is because you lack The Teacher. And that argument about it being a parable I have the newsletter in my bag around here somewhere so I have heard all that before but don't let me stand in your way go right on continue by all means you grab that bible of your and just beat people into submission with it just keep hitting em' I'm sure eventually you will get a convert and earn your way into the kingdom.

Also I look forward to your next post when the next Watchtower newsletter comes out.

Don't know who your referring to but I do believe that it is a parable,however Christ is using real people with a real situation to explain it,be that as it may,can you show me scripture that says the soul is tormented forever.

Ive given you plenty to show otherwise and if they should happen to be the same one's as JW's use, so be it,fact still remains, the soul can and will die.

Don't know who your referring to but I do believe that it is a parable,however Christ is using real people with a real situation to explain it,be that as it may,can you show me scripture that says the soul is tormented forever.

Ive given you plenty to show otherwise and if they should happen to be the same one's as JW's use, so be it,fact still remains, the soul can and will die.

If I gave you a billion scriptures that stated the soul is tormented forever it would not make one bit of difference.

Back