Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Girl's Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The devil? I doubt "he" has a biological gender like we do. He'll just seduce people by giving them what they lust for. Same sex, opposite sex, no matter, most importantly he will bring them to fall.
I am thinking the Antichrist will be a male figure that is the most handsome and charming person who have ever seen.

....oh, you've read ezekiel 23 ? .... it's not pretty! (not on earth nor later)
Actually I think the devil is a seducer and tempter. He'll use people's weak spots, and for many, including myself, sex is a very weak spot. He'll grant physical pleasure, for the price of making us commit sinful acts. If that's what Ezekiel 23 says... though I'm reading it to be about idolatry (combined with some bronze age male angst of the female sex drive ;-))

Oh that's okay. I'm getting the whiskey from allenwynne. :yes
Compliments and chocolate are awesome. And prayers.

I got so many compliments (verbal and non-verbal... maybe God wants to boost my confidence. :lol) frohe only guy who doesn't see how stunning I am is the guy that I like. And he keeps destroying my sense of self-worth. I'm not strong-spirited enough to handle him. He's like the dark opposite of a soul-mate (a soul-nemesis) and my demons click well with him.
I might have a phonecall with him tonight that could be some kind of meaningful.

Unfortunately while my own heart is getting broken these days I'm gonna have to break another man's heart myself. That other man is very kind and caring, but there's no use in dating someone while I'm not yet over some other guy.

See why I need prayer?
Wow, you sure do! What a dilemma. But don't try to change the guy that destroys your self worth, etc. Wont happen and you also aren't going to change to fit in with him. In the long run you'll be sorry. The things you like about him now will wear off and you'll be left with a guy that simply has no consideration for you as a person. That's going to be a lot harder to deal with then, than simply finding a better guy now! I'm sure you know this in your heart, but we all need to be reminded when we are in the middle of these kind of situations.

I am thinking the Antichrist will be a male figure that is the most handsome and charming person who have ever seen.
... and i think in some translations (i'll try to find one shortly) it is written that he has the 'best' 'impeccable' religious credentials and all the worldly churches honor him..... (otherwise he couldn't deceive the whole world , etc etc etc) ... like most in germany honored and actually gave 'heil' to hitler in the beginning of his rise to power - they actually help pay his way and pave the way to his rise to power !

... and i think in some translations (i'll try to find one shortly) it is written that he has the 'best' 'impeccable' religious credentials and all the worldly churches honor him..... (otherwise he couldn't deceive the whole world , etc etc etc) ... like most in germany honored and actually gave 'heil' to hitler in the beginning of his rise to power - they actually help pay his way and pave the way to his rise to power !
Oh yes.....people will be lining up to get a look at this one.Millions will idolize him.

Wow, you sure do! What a dilemma. But don't try to change the guy that destroys your self worth, etc. Wont happen and you also aren't going to change to fit in with him. In the long run you'll be sorry. The things you like about him now will wear off and you'll be left with a guy that simply has no consideration for you as a person. That's going to be a lot harder to deal with then, than simply finding a better guy now! I'm sure you know this in your heart, but we all need to be reminded when we are in the middle of these kind of situations.

Thank you! :)
I know it's sometimes best to walk away.
Well with all the talking about my (ex-) boss/lover being evil I also need to be honest and say that he has some awesome qualities that I want in a man. He's not willfully destroying my confidence. He just expects people to be confident (he's not exactly confident himself thus lack of confidence in others bothers him.) and he thinks the best way to help them get there is to challenge them by joking about their weaknesses and continuously challenging them - unfortunately it isn't working. A woman that is actually confident in herself may get very happy with him and make him very happy.

Anyway, if it's meant to be it will be even if I walk away now, and if it isn't then I'm better off walking away.
If that whole story is good for something it was a lesson: I need to love myself and take care of myself so the next time I run into some awesome man I will not stand there empty handed and insecure, but strong and ready to be a good counterpart to him.

I had a woman supervisor from hell.How do I label her?Certainly not the antichrist.Maybe the mother?
i think it'd be best (this never came up before specifically like this) if you ask a spiritually trusted and mature man you know (in person, NOT on the interned) what she is called spiritually and what to do if anything (whether it's a case for prayer, and what else specifically if anything)... (of course pray constantly with praise and thanksgiving and trusting in Yeshua).

I definately think he is a man.

yes, in Scripture.... well, not 'a man'(who could potentially receive grace and forgiveness), but male, always male or neuter? perhaps.
remember too, in or near the end, i think all the believers walk passed and look at him and exclaim 'is that what deceived the whole world ! ? ' ...... (when he's seen in reality, directly)

Here you go....
7b855e158c12fe0d9c37b9a8621ac125.jpg
Hey Kathi, I can picture you as the bar matron at the Whiskey-A-Go-Go

whishy_about-pic1.jpg

Well, you like the Doors, don't you?
That was their home base before they got their first record deal.
"Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer"...
If I remember right they did some inappropriate stuff when they were in concert.Jim Morrison(who is now dead).I really did not like Rock when I was young.

Last edited:
If I remember right they did some inappropriate stuff when they were in concert.Jim Morrison(who is not dead).I really did not like Rock when I was young.
Actually, the Doors were terrible.
When I was young I thought they were great.
Then I got saved and listened to them.
Their music was all about sex and dirty, crazy things.
And I wondered how I could listen to them.
The whole thing they said and did went right over my head because I was unsaved.
But Jesus took me away from all that stuff.

I'm sorry I joked about them.
Mea culpa, mea culpa.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back