Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Good News/The Bad News

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sorry wondering,

This is what I really ate on the evening of the day I mentioned:

View attachment 10365
There is a REAL Italian couple living in my retirement village and I know this kind of spaghetti would not be their deal. However, their kind of spaghetti is not to my taste either. By the way, I enjoyed my spaghetti in tomato sauce (on toast) and only used half of it, so I'll have the remainder tonight. I know I'm not an Italian purist and I don't particularly enjoy pasta either.

But, king prawns :pepsi2Delicious, mouth-watering, delectable, luscious, scrumptious, yummy, finger-licking.

View attachment 10366

Oz
Do you want an incredibly easy sauce to make for spaghetti and it'll taste much better than
any canned spaghetti because the texture will be different.

Pour a small amount of virgin olive oil in a frying pan
Crush 3 or 4 garlic cloves and add
Let soften
Add a small can of tomato sauce
Salt
Pepper
Red pepper
On low flame for about 15 minutes or so.

Boil linquine or spaghettini till al dente
Drain and add to sauce
Use Parmigiano grated cheese, about two teaspoons, on top of spaghetti in dish.

Reactions: JLB
Do you want an incredibly easy sauce to make for spaghetti and it'll taste much better than
any canned spaghetti because the texture will be different.

Pour a small amount of virgin olive oil in a frying pan
Crush 3 or 4 garlic cloves and add
Let soften
Add a small can of tomato sauce
Salt
Pepper
Red pepper
On low flame for about 15 minutes or so.

Boil linquine or spaghettini till al dente
Drain and add to sauce
Use Parmigiano grated cheese, about two teaspoons, on top of spaghetti in dish.

wondering,

Thanks so much for the recipe. I'll run into a problem with cloves as I don't enjoy them. Cheese has not been on the agenda since I was forced to eat it as a kid. I think that's what made it so repulsive to me. Even when I buy a hamburger at a fast food outlet I ask for "no cheese please".

However, I eat the occasional chicken parmigiana when I go to a pub/club for lunch. Lunch meals are generally much cheaper at eat-out places.

However, I'll get my Italian friends in the village to help me. I only use a skillet for cooking as I live in the house alone and have to avoid wasting food.

Oz

Northern Queens is not a cess pool.
Have you ever visited there?
You should see some of the neighborhoods...

no,if I have that tolerated ,no,thanks .its been how long since you lived in the u.s.?

a church member was a emt there ,he said he won't buy a home in any of the 5 Burroughs because of the govt .its that bad .

Luke 11:2 (Koine Greek THGNT): εἶπεν δὲ αὐτοῖς· ὅταν προσεύχησθε, λέγετε· πάτερ, ἁγιασθήτω τὸ ὄνομά σου· ἐλθέτω ἡ βασιλεία σου·

ESV translation: 'And he said to them, “When you pray, say:“Father, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come."'

This website, "Abarim Publications," has been especially helpful in prompting me for the conjugations (endings/suffixes of verbs) and declensions (endings/suffixes of nouns) since it has been quite a few years since I taught Greek.

The first step in translation from Greek to English is to parse the words. That leads to English translations and how the Greek functions in English sentences.

In Greek, all nouns (like German) are assigned a gender (masculine, feminine & gender). This is not primarily to translate these words as he, she, it. It is how the syntax is designed. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines syntax as: "the way in which linguistic elements (such as words) are put together to form constituents (such as phrases or clauses)."

The Greek verb has five grammatical categories:

• Person (1., 2., 3.)
  • Number (singular, plural)
  • Voice (active, passive, middle)
  • Tense (present, future, imperfect, aorist, perfect, pluperfect)
  • Mood (indicative, subjunctive, imperative, optative)
Let's pick up all of the words from this verse:

eipen = he said (aorist tense, active voice, indicative mood, 3rd person, singular, based on "I say").

In Greek there 5 basic verbal tenses:

1. Present tense indicating continuous or continual action. It corresponds most closely to the English present, continuing tense, e.g. I am saying.
  2. Aorist tense is a punctiliar tense - acting at a point in time. It simply happened and there is no thought of its continuing. It can be represented by a dot:
  3. Perfect tense describes a completed action which produced results which are still in effect all the way up to the present. Sample translation: “I have believed.” (source)
  4. Imperfect tense refers to continuous or linear action in the past (like the present tense). However, the action has ceased.
  5. Pluperfect tense: It follows closely that of the perfect tense except the action in the past is understood to be completed in the past.
  6. Future tenses mostly predict what will happen, "She will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins" (Matt 1:21 NASB). Occasionally, the future tense is used as a command, "Jesus said, 'You shall not commit murder; you shall not commit adultery; you shall not steal; you shall not bear false witness" (Matt 19:18 NASB).
de = and (a conjunction)

autois = to them (third person pronoun, masculine, plural, dative case)

In Greek there are 4 cases: nominative, accusative, genitive and dative.

hotan = when/whenever (conjunction)

proseuxesthe = you may pray (verb, present tense, middle/passive voice, 2nd person plural, based on "I pray")

Being the middle voice, it means "I pray myself" or if the passive voice, "You pray for me". The middle and passive voices have the same verbal conjugations in Greek and the context should guide you which one is the correct translation

legete = you say (verb, present tense, active voice, imperative mood, 2nd person plural, based on the verb, "I say")

Greek has 6 main moods (although there is debate over whether the infinitive and participle are moods), which "are forms of the verb that express how the action or event is presented by the speaker" (Greek Grammar).

a. Indicative – statements of fact

b. Imperative – commands or requests

c. Subjunctive – statements of possibility or purpose

d. Optative – statements of wish or potentiality

e. Infinitive – verbal noun

f. Participle – verbal adjective (The GlossaHouse Blog)

pater = father (noun, vocative case, singular, masculine)

Here's a basic outline of Greek cases (source):

NominativeSubject or predicate nominative (complement of the sentence for the British)
Genitivepossessive, often translate using "of..."
DativeIndirect Object, often translate using "to..." or "for ..."
AccusativeDirect Object
VocativeDirect Address
The vocative case is used as the case when addressing someone. Remember what the Philippian jailer asked of Paul and Silas in Acts 16:30, 'He then brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"' (NIV) "Sirs" is a noun, vocative case, middle voice, plural. In Luke 11:2 the disciples are required to address the Father in prayer.

Hagiastheto = [You] be hallowed/be sanctified (verb, aorist tense, passive voice, imperative mood, 3rd person, singular.

The imperative mood means it's a command to hallow the name of the Father.

to = the (definite article, nominative case, singular, neuter)

onoma = name (noun, nominative case, singular, neuter)

sou = of you/your (pronoun, 2nd person, singular, genitive case)

eltheto = it comes (verb, aorist tense, active voice, imperative mood, 3rd person, singular)

he = the (definite article nominative case, singular number, neuter, feminine gender)

basileia = kingdom (noun, nominative case, singular, feminine)

sou = of you (pronoun, 2nd person, genitive case, singular,

Therefore, word-for-word the translation is: "He said and to them when you may pray you say father, "Be sanctified" the name of you it comes the kingdom of you."

I have worked all day on this. Now it's time for you to say what you don't understand, pull it apart, while I have my tinned spaghetti and watch Big Bash cricket on TV.

Oz

Last edited:

no,if I have that tolerated ,no,thanks .its been how long since you lived in the u.s.?

a church member was a emt there ,he said he won't buy a home in any of the 5 Burroughs because of the govt .its that bad .
20 years Jason.
I guess things change....

Here's where I lived....

1611231615986.png

Paul did not state we were free to sin.
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Before felix
Paul replied: “I know that for a number of years you have been a judge over this nation; so I gladly make my defense. 11 You can easily verify that no more than twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worship. 12 My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city. 13 And they cannot prove to you the charges they are now making against me. 14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

Paul saw all the law as law and considered the law in judgments he made such as
For Scripture says, "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages."

Nevertheless the Spirit was received through faith in Christ not works of the law such as circumcision. We submit to Gods righteousness.

We use the NT as a guide as to which sin leads to death.

You cannot purchase or earn atonement. If you could Christ died for nothing and was not needed.

That is because the entire world is caught up in the "Financial Matrix".
no,greed and govt policies.
cant legally make 36 k a year min wage and then not also raise taxes to fund social security because you won't get that from that at retirement if you made that per year . never mind the other costs

no,greed and govt policies.
cant legally make 36 k a year min wage and then not also raise taxes to fund social security because you won't get that from that at retirement if you made that per year . never mind the other costs
That is just part of the Financial Matrix (FM). Remember the movie "The Matrix", a few years ago? The Financial Matrix has everyone in the world. I can share some books and audios with you that will explain it, if you would like. They also include strategies to escape the FM.

That is just part of the Financial Matrix (FM). Remember the movie "The Matrix", a few years ago? The Financial Matrix has everyone in the world. I can share some books and audios with you that will explain it, if you would like. They also include strategies to escape the FM.
uh no.so you,think bitcoin and digital currencies aren't ?

digital money despite my interest them are the most traceable way to use money !

can't trade in gold or metals easily .fiat money is the worst .I know all about the matrix from,my chapter 13

uh no.so you,think bitcoin and digital currencies aren't ?

digital money despite my interest them are the most traceable way to use money !

can't trade in gold or metals easily .fiat money is the worst .I know all about the matrix from,my chapter 13
The Financial Matrix goes so much further than traceable transactions. It it fiat currencies, fractional reserve banking, and so much more.

Yes, digital currencies are one of the ways to get out of the Matrix, because they are fixed (similar to commodities) in that the quantity of them cannot be artificially manipulated by governments or other entities. I have been studying the FM for years, and I mentor with the man who coined the phrase, and I still don't "know all about it".

Sorry if it appears I have hijacked this thread. I will start a new thread to discuss this topic further if anyone would like to pursue it.

Please post them for me.

that stuff is pretty much nation wide in large cities ,even in red states .

Miami has that too .
I'm very sorry to hear this.
I grew up in Queens -- lived there my whole life. (not in that town).
Haven't been back in 10 years because of health issues.
The last time we were there the skyline of Manhattan looked different as
we drove toward the city on the 59 Street Bridge (the Queensboro Bridge).
I could just imagine what it's like now.

However, I must say that Queens seemed the same to me.
But 10 years is a long time. My brothers are complaining that the mayor
is terrible and has caused much damage and many are moving out.
?

I'm very sorry to hear this.
I grew up in Queens -- lived there my whole life. (not in that town).
Haven't been back in 10 years because of health issues.
The last time we were there the skyline of Manhattan looked different as
we drove toward the city on the 59 Street Bridge (the Queensboro Bridge).
I could just imagine what it's like now.

However, I must say that Queens seemed the same to me.
But 10 years is a long time. My brothers are complaining that the mayor
is terrible and has caused much damage and many are moving out.
?
no,Florida lol,we is full

Paul did not state we were free to sin.
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Before felix
Paul replied: “I know that for a number of years you have been a judge over this nation; so I gladly make my defense. 11 You can easily verify that no more than twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worship. 12 My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city. 13 And they cannot prove to you the charges they are now making against me. 14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

Paul saw all the law as law and considered the law in judgments he made such as
For Scripture says, "Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain," and "The worker deserves his wages."

Nevertheless the Spirit was received through faith in Christ not works of the law such as circumcision. We submit to Gods righteousness.

We use the NT as a guide as to which sin leads to death.

You cannot purchase or earn atonement. If you could Christ died for nothing and was not needed.
This above is all very true.
However, I also have noticed some churches teach more about Paul than Jesus.
Pauline doctrine.

I agree with you that, if inspected well, Jesus and Paul did not disagree and Paul taught obedience to God.
It seems that some of what he taught could be taken to mean that we are saved by GRACE ONLY...
IOW,,,some teach that we are saved once and for all and even if we do not obey, we will be saved anyway.

Perhaps the O.P. referring to this?
In fact, I checked once and found that Paul taught Godly living in all his epistles.

All the writers spoke of obedience...
and this was carried forward to the early church fathers who also taught obedience.

It just cannot be denied --- although many give it their best shot.

no,Florida lol,we is full
One is looking into So. Carolina
and the other one Arizona.

Looks like all the No. liberals have flown south...
thus the problems with the voting too.
At least, that's how I understand the problem.
The south used to be conservative....

Back