Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Gun Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is all I know about guns:

1. The old rifles had to have these little round balls put into them with gunfire after. It wasted a lot of time.
2. Indians had to get rifles because they were better than arrows.
3. a .22 ain't worth nothin'. In fact, it'll just get the guy madder at you.
4. Clint Eastwood likes a Magnum (45?).

And now I'll leave you boys to your man cave to play.
:wave

(and I don't want to hear any clapping)

Wondering

I am not aware of any with that problem but I am not expert. A 9mm is probably a mid-range pistol as far as power; good stopping power, not a lot kick, good magazine capacity (mine holds 17) depending on make/model.....generally a good all round pistol.

Guess it depends on the make of the pistol......most 'misfires' are caused by a finger on the trigger.......

I think you're talking about accidental discharge (which are usually negligent discharges) and I think wondering's talking about the gun going click when it should go bang.

Misfires are usually bad ammo but can be caused by someone tinkering with the trigger assy, trying to make a light trigger pull.

I was talking with my father in law about being a believer and carry and conceal. He does not get the whole your protected, listen to the Holy Spirit thing. We have angels standing by, no need for a gun. However, you have a gun, you take it if the Holy Spirit prompts you to take it, If you get a check, leave it at home. If we are led, things work out awesome.

God is not opposed to using weapons, He is opposed if we take the weapon for protection. Just like David counted to see if He had enough troops to win.

Mike.

I hear ya, Brother, I hear ya. That's about where I am right now. I used to be such a big gun nut, but not so much anymore. It's a very cool hobby, but isn't nothing compared to the Lord.

The Lord is my protection, first and foremost. I carry the Lord a lot more than a pistol nowadays. :wink

Don't you believe that one. 22's have killed lots of people.

...and it's like they say, a hit with a 22 is better than a miss with a 45.
I don't understand your second sentence...
And re the 22 - don't you have to hit just the right spot or it doesn't stop the person?

I was talking with my father in law about being a believer and carry and conceal. He does not get the whole your protected, listen to the Holy Spirit thing. We have angels standing by, no need for a gun. However, you have a gun, you take it if the Holy Spirit prompts you to take it, If you get a check, leave it at home. If we are led, things work out awesome.

God is not opposed to using weapons, He is opposed if we take the weapon for protection. Just like David counted to see if He had enough troops to win.

Mike.
why did Jesus tell them to go out and buy a sword; because he knew they would be in a position that it would save their life.

wow I look twice a day sometimes 3 times a day and here we have two pages I never saw this thread. should I shoot my computer?
If I use my 9mm it might misfire I may have to use something bigger; or if I use my 22 I may can save my computer.

I consider myself still a newbie when it comes to guns, although I've been running a firearm-related business for 12 years (I'm not a newbie to engineering product development). I'm guessing Wondering is referring to a general comment about semi-automatic cartridges (of which 9mm is probably the most common, being the NATO standard) vs. revolver rounds. Being more mechanically involved, a semi-auto gun of any caliber is technically more prone to misfunction compared to the simpler revolver design. That being said, modern semi-auto pistols and carbines from major manufacturers are very reliable, as Edward mentioned the military does use them. I think you could say that 9mm is the smallest acceptable combat round, though many people would argue it is actually too "light" a bullet. There's more that can be said, e.g. recent advances in bullet technology and "stopping power", but I think you get the idea.

Dirty Harry used a .44 Magnum, a (big) revolver. A .45 (like the 1911 design that was the US military standard sidearm before it was replaced by a 9mm Beretta) is a semi-automatic pistol.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back