Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The "Hello" thread!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That happened in 2005. lol
Lafontaine one unpleasant person, but he just won't go away. :sad

Yep. Let's do that.
We the users declare this thread a politics free zone.

Claudya: Well, Herr Honecker was from Herr Lafontaine's Saarland, wasn't he... :)

Good Morning everyone, greetings from "Hotlanta" Georgia. Which is actually right now going through a cold phase, go fig. LOL Its 0723 and about 45F outside with a misti-drizzle thing.

Claudya: Well, Herr Honecker was from Herr Lafontaine's Saarland, wasn't he... :)

yeah, the guy that "ruled" (most people think he didn't rule, he was merely a puppet of the ruling people) Eastern Germany for 12 years or so was actually a "Wessi", a westerner, by birth. :biggrin

I supppose the coal mining industry in Saarland with its tough working conditions at the beginning of the 20th century was a good breeding ground for the communist/ soial democrat/ union movement. It's only natural, suppressed people will stand up sooner or later.
Thus that tiny state could spawn two famous left wing politicians.

Hey we are not supposed to talk about politics here!!!! :grumpy

yeah, the guy that "ruled" (most people think he didn't rule, he was merely a puppet of the ruling people) Eastern Germany for 12 years or so was actually a "Wessi", a westerner, by birth. :biggrin

I supppose the coal mining industry in Saarland with its tough working conditions at the beginning of the 20th century was a good breeding ground for the communist/ soial democrat/ union movement. It's only natural, suppressed people will stand up sooner or later.
Thus that tiny state could spawn two famous left wing politicians.

Hey we are not supposed to talk about politics here!!!! :grumpy

:shame you broke the politics rule :lol

Hi all, another cold, but beautiful day here in the foothills of the Allegheny in Pennsylvania. Had a heavy frost last night as it dipped down into the 20's. Everyone had a safe and blessed day and see ya around the forums.

Good morning! The weather here is not worth speaking about.
I wish all of you a very blessed and happy friday. May God put perfectly sunny weather into your hearts!!

Good Morning! Today is indeed friday and I'm up before the weather. LOL :)

I am taking all of next week off, giving my brain a break before a big release date we have. I am looking forward to that. Sleeping in, doing some cooking, doing some long overdue projects around the house.

Hi Everyone, was a beautiful Friday here and the evening is just as beautiful except for giant man eating mosquitoes!
Have a Blessed day where ever you are

except for giant man eating mosquitoes

Oh great God. I will have to live this day with that image in my head: 2 meter sized mosquitoes attacking adult humans like hawks attack mice from the air, descending upon them, striking swift and mercilessly, abducting them kicking and screaming, and sloooooowly devouring them alive...
Forget the bug repellants. Get a flamethrower.

Okaaaayyy so maybe I exaggerated just a wee bit... I'll call them large vampirous insects... but they still hurt when they get you

Okaaaayyy so maybe I exaggerated just a wee bit... I'll call them large vampirous insects... but they still hurt when they get you
Okay so you still need a flame thrower. Or a few insect eating spiders, the kind that build huge nets.

Or.... just remember that donating blood is a very selfless and commendable act. :biggrin

I am actually terrified of spiders, true story. That's why I know God has a sense of humor, I see one bigger than my little finger nail and I scream like a girl and run. We get big jungle tarantulas in the house sometimes and i run out. Thayanee has to kill them for me. Everyone thinks it's hilarious except me! Gonna have nightmares now just thinking about them....
Goodnight all and God bless

I am actually terrified of spiders, true story. That's why I know God has a sense of humor, I see one bigger than my little finger nail and I scream like a girl and run. We get big jungle tarantulas in the house sometimes and i run out. Thayanee has to kill them for me. Everyone thinks it's hilarious except me! Gonna have nightmares now just thinking about them....

When I lived in northern Maine I had a pair of room mates who were massive arachnaphobes. Like burn the house down there's a spider arachnaphobe. I had also taught the wife half of the couple how to (safely and accurately) fire our pellet gun. One day there's a wood spider -- big giant fuzzy harmless spiders native to that area -- on the stairs to their cabin (their cabin was on the 2nd floor, workshop was underneath). So the wife half goes into the workshop, gets the pellet gun and calmly shoots the wood spider dead. Just so they could go into their house ...

When I lived in northern Maine I had a pair of room mates who were massive arachnaphobes. Like burn the house down there's a spider arachnaphobe. I had also taught the wife half of the couple how to (safely and accurately) fire our pellet gun. One day there's a wood spider -- big giant fuzzy harmless spiders native to that area -- on the stairs to their cabin (their cabin was on the 2nd floor, workshop was underneath). So the wife half goes into the workshop, gets the pellet gun and calmly shoots the wood spider dead. Just so they could go into their house ...

Wow, does Maine really have spiders that big.... :)

Oh great God. I will have to live this day with that image in my head: 2 meter sized mosquitoes attacking adult humans like hawks attack mice from the air, descending upon them, striking swift and mercilessly, abducting them kicking and screaming, and sloooooowly devouring them alive...
Forget the bug repellants. Get a flamethrower.
Come and visit Minnesota in July and you may just see this. :lol

I'm with you. I couldn't even imagine what my reaction might be if I awoke in the night with one with me in bed. I think I would die of a heart attack.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back