Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Holy Spirit Came As A Witness

electedbyhim
We seem to be agrreeing up till now. Please read only the rest of the posts madr in this thread and if you agree with point 2, ooint 3 will become so obvious you will be confident that we all believe what is right about everything Jesus taught. You will be confident that everything in scripture is true and you will know it beyond doubt. I only ask you to be patient until we all agree on point 2.
Please post point #2 because I cannot find it.

I have a different understanding of John 3. In a Hebrew wedding the witness, or testimony, seal was only unsealed if there was a divorce proceeding so that they had an unadulterated copy of the marriage agreement/covenant. This seal, IMO is the seal that marks us as His bride mentioned throughout scripture. There were 2 other sealed covenants during a wedding, one for the wife's dad to hold and one for the son's dad. This marriage contract, which is sealed, is the same covenant that is unsealed in Revelation. It is also the promise that God has kept. And yes, it also declares God as the truth, because it proves that He keeps His word in all things. But, that is my understanding and is from a more Hebrew perspective. What is your interpretation?
I think your view here is the most beautiful interpretation of Jn.3:3 I ever heard heard and I fully agree with you.

My main point of Jn.3:3 was to show consensus in relationship to "Gods' word is true.
Your belief that the seal of Jn.3:3 shows how that seal is like a marriage between two people who believe the same thing. they love one another as one and are united forever.

If you agree with me here I will go on to point number three Where we can know we have true Fellowship and communion with God.

do we agree on point 2 now?

I think your view here is the most beautiful interpretation of Jn.3:3 I ever heard heard and I fully agree with you.

My main point of Jn.3:3 was to show consensus in relationship to "Gods' word is true.
Your belief that the seal of Jn.3:3 shows how that seal is like a marriage between two people who believe the same thing. they love one another as one and are united forever.

If you agree with me here I will go on to point number three Where we can know we have true Fellowship and communion with God.

do we agree on point 2 now?
Yes

Folks I'm sorry I have ti leave bur nit for lon. Please I would jyst like whoever is reading to just say whether they agree. We dont need ti find Other Bible verses to prove it. The next ooint will make all clear.

All I'm asking is if we agree Gods' word is sacred and true. Can anyone just say Yes i agree, but only if you really feel that way.
I do feel that way. Do you?

Point #3

1) Our Savior came in flesh to show the world Gods' and mercy.
2)We have never seen Him in the body He first appeared when He lived about 33 years in 1st century Israel, but what He said back then we believe. We believe Jesus is a Faithful witness of our Fathers' love and mercy.
3) He sent His Holy Soirit for the same reason. That through us this world might know Him.
4)Therfore when we serve Christ the way He loved us, the world can see Him mire clearly.
5)This doesn't mean that any of us are perfect where we never commit any sin anymore.
6It does mean that if we have committed a sin after salvation we can confess our sin to God if we are sincere He will forgive us.
7It does mean that when we see others in the world, we see them as sheep having not our Shepherd.

The point is all that is here is

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom.8:16 KJV

He sees all injustice in this world and brings hope to it through us in word and deed.

That is the only point I wanted to make. Sometimes God gives us hard things to tell people that they might be offended by, but we must do so in the gentleness of our Savior and hope they will listen.

that is the only point I wanted to make in this thread. if there is any disagreement or any objection to what I have said here please let me know what the objection is and I will begin another thread dealing with that particular objection.

If we are agreed in this thread concerning the Holy Spirits purpose is Christs' purpose and our Fathers' purpose, we should now understand God's purpose for everything he said.

Do we agree?

Thank you electedbyhim .
Since we agree I want ti guve yiu an example of hiw I once looked at the scriptures and howI see them in Christ.
What The Bible says:

Gen 4:10 - And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. KJV
-------------

How I saw it:

Hey Cain, what did you do? The voice of your brothers blood cries out to Me for vengeance against you!
-----------_

The way our Lamb of God intended:

Hey Cain, what did yiou do? The voice of your brother's blood cries out to me for mercy!

My witness is God is merciful to premeditated murderers and so are people who believe in him:

Luk 23:34 - Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parte dhis raiment, and cast lots. KJV

ct 7:60 - And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. KJV

I can't find anything in scrioture that disagrees with this anymore. Can anyone?

Thank you electedbyhim .
Since we agree I want ti guve yiu an example of hiw I once looked at the scriptures and howI see them in Christ.
What The Bible says:

Gen 4:10 - And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. KJV
-------------

How I saw it:

Hey Cain, what did you do? The voice of your brothers blood cries out to Me for vengeance against you!
-----------_

The way our Lamb of God intended:

Hey Cain, what did yiou do? The voice of your brother's blood cries out to me for mercy!

My witness is God is merciful to premeditated murderers and so are people who believe in him:

Luk 23:34 - Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parte dhis raiment, and cast lots. KJV

ct 7:60 - And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. KJV

I can't find anything in scrioture that disagrees with this anymore. Can anyone?
I agree with that for the most part. God is merciful, absolutely. I learned it a long time ago when I first began reading the OT. Mercy is written 276 times in scripture, even more when counting merciful. Many, many times in Psalms and Proverbs.
Hosea 6:6 (KJV) - For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Isaiah 49:10 (KJV) - They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

Micah 7:18 (KJV) - Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

Nehemiah 1:5 (KJV) - And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:

Matthew 9:13 (KJV) - But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

The beautiful love story I was talking about earlier was an epiphany I had when wondering why John cried when he thought no one was worthy to open the seals in Revelation. It is because without opening the seal you mentioned, the marriage between Jesus and His bride could not happen. Oh how wonderful and merciful is the precious Lamb of God!

Thank you kbmonday
What The Bible says:

He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in hisvineyard; and he came and sought fruitthereon, and found none.
Tools
Luk 13:7-9 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

Problems without the Holy Spirit

Father and Son are the same but disagree with each other?
The Father lunch the tree gone but the Son pleads for more for time?

With the Holy Spirit no problems at all

Father: Go check whether anyone is doing what I told them. You'll know them by their fruit.
Son: There's one down here that's almost dead.
Father: Yeah I heard about him from the other trees, but you know how some of those trees are. They have good looking fruit all over but it's all warm infested. Not always reliable info Ya know? Listen, You have never told the lie and I can trust you. Go take a look.
Son: This one looks dead. Makes me mad and I know how you feel about it. Still, We are Most Merciful, so let Me feed that tree with something that should raise it from the dead.💖🙂
God: You know Son, We always come up with a great idea so go ahead.
But if that doesn't work......
Son: nothing more can be done. 😪

I agree with that for the most part. God is merciful, absolutely. I learned it a long time ago when I first began reading the OT. Mercy is written 276 times in scripture, even more when counting merciful. Many, many times in Psalms and Proverbs.
Hosea 6:6 (KJV) - For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
This is exactly what I was trying to explain (but obviously didn't very well) in the other thread.
God has always shown His love and mercy toward all mankind beginning with the heaven and earth he made around us and by what he said to our parents. Adam and Eve.
Our Unchanging Heavenly Father sent our 1st 2 parents (witnesses? <---never saw this until I was typing it just now...lol) into the world teaching all of their children (everyone on earth) the gospel.

God has never left Himself without a witness on earth as all nature also testifies of Him.
Even sinners who never heard of Him by mouth can know Him if they desire to.Just by looking at people we see such similarites the belief we all came frim a common Creator of way Higher intelligence,

sa 66:2 - For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD:but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. KJV

(So be himble and ask.)

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: 1Pet.1:1:17KJV

So if you call on God who is merciful, live mercifully (in fear) knowing we also need mercy.

The Bible is the only book on earth that answers every question beyond doubt and can only be understood if people agree with how God created the world, or by listening to the Messiah, or by attending summer school with his Holy Spirit teaching.

Isaiah 49:10 (KJV) - They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.
This is no lie. we've been feasting here all day and I'm stuffed with Manna, but I just ate half a package of Oreos because I haven't eaten any regular food all day

I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food Job 23:12
kbmonday
Micah 7:18 (KJV) - Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.
My enemies would never have gootten me on that cross.
Nehemiah 1:5 (KJV) - And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:
The the passengers your sighting are beautiful and mesh perfectly with every word of scripture.
Matthew 9:13 (KJV) - But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
I know you will be a true friend and brother to me wherever we may go because we agree with His Spirit. 🙂
The beautiful love story I was talking about earlier was an epiphany I had when wondering why John cried when he thought no one was worthy to open the seals in Revelation. It is because without opening the seal you mentioned, the marriage between Jesus and His bride could not happen. Oh how wonderful and merciful is the precious Lamb of God!
You're going to have many epiphanies from now on and I want to hear about them.
I loved that one God gave you on the wedding I began having them on Rev. and started a thread on it, but I was so excited by what I was seeing the posts in there are rushed and not well written. When it clicked in the ither Spirit thread I should have been more patient. I hope to start a new one but simply stated as we did here. I welcome any thing our Savior reveals to you and we both now kniw hiw ti tell if it's fron the Holy Spirit

Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. But if anything is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent.
For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches. 1Cor.14.29-33 NKJV

Prophecy is simply knowing what God plans to do, Him sharing what he's going to do and us telling others about it,

Rev 19:10 NKJV- And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit ofprophecy.”

Not my opinion, but what He said. 🙂

This is exactly what I was trying to explain (but obviously didn't very well) in the other thread.
God has always shown His love and mercy toward all mankind beginning with the heaven and earth he made around us and by what he said to our parents. Adam and Eve.
Our Unchanging Heavenly Father sent our 1st 2 parents (witnesses? <---never saw this until I was typing it just now...lol) into the world teaching all of their children (everyone on earth) the gospel.

God has never left Himself without a witness on earth as all nature also testifies of Him.
Even sinners who never heard of Him by mouth can know Him if they desire to.Just by looking at people we see such similarites the belief we all came frim a common Creator of way Higher intelligence,

sa 66:2 - For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD:but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. KJV

(So be himble and ask.)

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: 1Pet.1:1:17KJV

So if you call on God who is merciful, live mercifully (in fear) knowing we also need mercy.

The Bible is the only book on earth that answers every question beyond doubt and can only be understood if people agree with how God created the world, or by listening to the Messiah, or by attending summer school with his Holy Spirit teaching.

This is no lie. we've been feasting here all day and I'm stuffed with Manna, but I just ate half a package of Oreos because I haven't eaten any regular food all day

I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food Job 23:12

My enemies would never have gootten me on that cross.

The the passengers your sighting are beautiful and mesh perfectly with every word of scripture.

I know you will be a true friend and brother to me wherever we may go because we agree with His Spirit. 🙂

You're going to have many epiphanies from now on and I want to hear about them.
I loved that one God gave you on the wedding I began having them on Rev. and started a thread on it, but I was so excited by what I was seeing the posts in there are rushed and not well written. When it clicked in the ither Spirit thread I should have been more patient. I hope to start a new one but simply stated as we did here. I welcome any thing our Savior reveals to you and we both now kniw hiw ti tell if it's fron the Holy Spirit

Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge. But if anything is revealed to another who sits by, let the first keep silent.
For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged. And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches. 1Cor.14.29-33 NKJV

Prophecy is simply knowing what God plans to do, Him sharing what he's going to do and us telling others about it,

Rev 19:10 NKJV- And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit ofprophecy.”

Not my opinion, but what He said. 🙂
Excellent my brother. I have had a few revelations while discussing scripture on my little congregations, our Sabbath Bible studies, which will be tomorrow! I love Shabbat so much, it is such a blessing to rest and set today aside for God. I will return and let you know if anything amazing comes up, as it usually does. God bless you my beloved brother in Christ Jesus. I hope you have an amazing evening!

Excellent my brother. I have had a few revelations while discussing scripture on my little congregations, our Sabbath Bible studies, which will be tomorrow! I love Shabbat so much, it is such a blessing to rest and set today aside for God. I will return and let you know if anything amazing comes up, as it usually does. God bless you my beloved brother in Christ Jesus. I hope you have an amazing evening!
Thanks kb. I would like you pray for me to become more patient. I've been trying to help people understand Gods' word faster... and he don't need me to tell Him how fast He shoud be going 🤪
If you ever need help with a Bible passage that may be difficult, please let me know and if the Holy Spirit has given me anything I will share what I believe to be His opinion and see if it agrees with what you think.

Thanks kb. I would like you pray for me to become more patient. I've been trying to help people understand Gods' word faster... and he don't need me to tell Him how fast He shoud be going 🤪
If you ever need help with a Bible passage that may be difficult, please let me know and if the Holy Spirit has given me anything I will share what I believe to be His opinion and see if it agrees with what you think.
About to pray for you, right now brother. Long-suffering (patience) isn't described as suffering for no reason 😊

We agree he rose and ascended to heaven and sent his Holy Spirit to comfort us to give us gifts and to lead us into the true .
knowledge of God.
Someone's skipping the first work of the Spirit to convict all men of sin, as though He only gives comfort and gifts on earth.

Sort of like skipping repentance of sin, as though He only saves by faith alone.

Before salvation from sinning, there must first be repentance from sinning, which can only be first by conviction of sinning by the Holy Ghost.

2 Cor 7:10For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:

Acts{11:18} When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

1) Our Savior came in flesh to show the world Gods' and mercy.

Mark{1:15} The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mat 10:34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

3) He sent His Holy Soirit for the same reason.
Jhn 16:7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Convicting of sin and trespass is the mercy of God to draw to repentance, without which there can be no forgiveness for sins and trespasses.

Jesus died for all men, that all men might be convicted of sin, and repent and be saved from sin.

He sees all injustice in this world and brings hope to it through us in word and deed.
The hope of repentance granted by God unto His salvation.

There is no hope in Christ with sins and trespasses.

Eph 2:12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Jer 18:12And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.

Those without hope of repentance unto forgiveness, have no hope with God.

The hope of Jesus Christ in the world by His resurrection, is repentance granted unto life and justification by good works.

Back