Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] The House

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The electricity to our house in Houston was shut off for a few hours some days ago. The electricity "usage" has suddenly/significantly dropped now. My application for my Driver's License has been coincidentally approved at the same time. We also received our stimulus checks. While this relieves the immense economic pressure, it is too little too late. We have already started packing/moving. The logistics are being worked out. Our son is chomping at the bit to return to Houston. My wife is ready to return as well. I would prefer to stay here and see if my book can be promoted at the local level here, but I must go where the other two go. We look to return some time over the summer. God help us. Please continue to pray for us. Maybe I tried to run away from Houston like Jonah.....dunno.

The electricity to our house in Houston was shut off for a few hours some days ago. The electricity "usage" has suddenly/significantly dropped now. My application for my Driver's License has been coincidentally approved at the same time. We also received our stimulus checks. While this relieves the immense economic pressure, it is too little too late. We have already started packing/moving. The logistics are being worked out. Our son is chomping at the bit to return to Houston. My wife is ready to return as well. I would prefer to stay here and see if my book can be promoted at the local level here, but I must go where the other two go. We look to return some time over the summer. God help us. Please continue to pray for us. Maybe I tried to run away from Houston like Jonah.....dunno.
praying

Another update. "Coincidently", the publisher suddenly finished the cover design. It is like the editing in the final product is mediocre and not what I would call acceptable. I am going to "accept" it in order to move forward even though several issues we had with it are unresolved. They apparently might be trying to pull "a fast one" in that, and I quote "We have also set a price for your title: the print version will retail at $0.00 and your ebook will retail at $0.00," I kid you not. They have also dreastically shortened the production/distribution time-frame from 10 weeks to just 4/6 weeks. We will not accept anything until we get a credible retail sale price presented in writing.

ugh. so sorry, daninthelionsden . i don't know anything about publishers, etc. the only person I know -of- (acquaintance, now "keep tabs" from a distance, thru mutual friends+acquaintances...) who ever made any $$$ from writing also "kept his day job..."

as a pretentious english instructor. ugh. :-(

my personal, not actually from on high or anything take on it is that God has a plan, and many times His will takes time to come to pass...

but, on the plus side, where He sends His word, it will -not- return void, right? right. not trying to give a pep talk+verses, just sharing my honest thoughts, opinion. You and your family are in my prayers, most definitely. :)

I don't understand the retail $o.00
What is that for?
We finally got a real dollar amount.....$14.95 paperback and $9.99 ebook. This is higher than we were told before. I feel it might be too high as I want a price that is readily affordable for name/title recognition. My son said not to worry as it is priced about average. Thank you all for your prayers as we "accept" and move foreward.

In the next step, we will be receiving a complimentary few books. We are to carefully look them over for flaws and editing. We are then to make notes and, of course an additional fee, have these corrections implemented. Because the editing dept. became rather adversarial and the cover design failed to make the changes requested, I see no advantage in dishing out more money just to be further disappointed. We are supposed to receive these working copies in about 4 to 6 weeks which means we won't see them for 2 to 3 months if they follow past practice.

In the next step, we will be receiving a complimentary few books. We are to carefully look them over for flaws and editing. We are then to make notes and, of course an additional fee, have these corrections implemented. Because the editing dept. became rather adversarial and the cover design failed to make the changes requested, I see no advantage in dishing out more money just to be further disappointed. We are supposed to receive these working copies in about 4 to 6 weeks which means we won't see them for 2 to 3 months if they follow past practice.
wow

praying

none of this sounds right

can you go to a different publisher?

maybe they can help you out

sounds like they are not going to publish

so maybe someone else can/will

wow

praying

none of this sounds right

can you go to a different publisher?

maybe they can help you out

sounds like they are not going to publish

so maybe someone else can/will
They alone have the rights to my book for a two year run. Then we must give them 6 mos notice to end the contract. I am supposed to then have full rights to my book once again. Once distributed to publication, we will see if they block/restrict sales/access.

Dan I don't like the sound of this publisher at all
I would definitely not go to them for your next book. Surely the publisher should be paying you not the other way round?
My final opinion of Christian Faith Publishing will rest on the integrity (or lack thereof) in sales and access to the book. I think I will either come to the conclusion CFP is great for first time authors or that CFP are scam artists to be avoided at all costs. We shall see.

Had someone check on the house. The locks on the meter box and breaker box were cut. This indicates they did something to artificially raise the electric usage sky high then reversed it once they learned we were coming back. The latest electric bill came in and it was all the way back down to $60 just like it was before. This is a $200 reduction. This is a strong indicator CenterPoint is involved in trying to economically force our hand to sell. It backfired. We go back. I understand they have the right to break the lock on the meter box, but not the breaker box. Besides, it's a smart meter......why go to our home? We never reported to CenterPoint anything......

or someone stole power ,if the meter was off its removed then cocked and sealed again ,it can't generate reads in the off in either a digital or analog or a smart meter .

you can't simply force a dial by mechanically spinning it ,it uses power to read .the other two work like a a volt meter.

I,use to read and report theft.we arrested the thieves .the last one I did was the bypass of the meter can with jumper cables .

if they are charging you ,its by making up a read

Back