Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The identity of the antichrist in 5 verses

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I will not say what you are wanting me to say TOB... Please dont think i like all the RCC teaches at the same time please dont think i like all the baptist teach ...Please dont think i like all the AofG teaches .. SDA... WOF Which of those few are 100 % correct in their teaching? I do not expect a direct answer... :)

You don't have to say anything reba it was just a question.. my answer is the spirit of antichrist, anyone else can state their opinion as well, we'll all have to face it sooner or later..

tob

Not every one who say Lord Lord is for real...

IMO to many good meaning Christians will tell some one more about their belief in an antichrist then their beliefs in Jesus the Christ...

I've never brought it up in 43 years unless someone asks me, i just tell them what i know from experience as I've done here. Its our mission to spread the gospel... If anyone wants a birds eye view of the Antichrist system just cross the border down Mexico way and start preaching the gospel, you'll soon discover whose schmoozing who..

tob

Of coarse and I still say 'so what'.

Yes, which was my point about your lack of careful consideration on the issue.

I don't see swiping a microchip glove as being anything different than swiping a credit card.

The problem isn't really that one is worse than the other, but that there is a definite pattern being illustrated by both. From the invention of gold coins, to coins of lesser value, paper money, cheques, debit cards, credit cards, smart cards, internet banking, smart phone banking, contactless tap-card banking, wrist-band banking, glove banking, and microchip implant banking, money has been evolving for thousands of years. People have a long history with trusting money as their source of material provision, their source of life, so much so that many people honestly believe they'd die if money did not exist. Obviously this is not true and it's a slap in the face of the creator.

There is more involved in the 'mark of the beast' then a financial system.

And yet, the financial issue is the one issue you simply will not address. Lets say a guy has a problem with alcohol. His family tries to confront him on the issue, but instead he only wants to talk about how he will change all his other problems like chewing with his mouth open, or changing his socks more often, or taking out the trash etc. Is he really dealing with the core issue, or just making up "reasonable" arguments to avoid the problem?

You see, you can always use this kind of argument to side-step the issue; "there is more to it than that" and you can feel justified because usually there really is more than just one way to view any particular issue especially when spirituality is involved. There is no allegory or metaphor in this prophecy. There is no hyperbole. It is a very simple, straight forward description; a "mark" in the hand to control buying and selling. People who take the Mark show their loyalty (or worship) to the AC. People who refuse the Mark show their loyalty (or worship) to God, just like Jesus taught when he said God is one master and money is the other master.

I believe you said we were afraid. Worry naturally comes along with fear, in my experience.

Yes, your arguments do sound like they are being made in fear. However, you suggested that *I* was promoting fear/worry. I asked you to show where I was doing so but it seems you've chosen to repeat your claim rather than provide the evidence. I made the point about you providing evidence to support your claim, not because I needed to be convinced, but because I was hoping the realization that you could not support your claim with evidence would cause you to question why you would make such a claim in the first place. I don't mind disagreement, but I do prefer that there be reason behind the disagreement; that's just part of reasonable debate.

Sinthesis claimed I was promoting hysteria, but he won't say how. You claimed I was promoting fear, but you won't say how. This in itself should be evidence that there is a problem in your reasoning, not in a point-scoring way, but as a legitimate part of the debate we are having. I would be fine for you to challenge me in the same way; if I draw a conclusion about your motives and you ask me to provide evidence to support that conclusion, you would have a legitimate case for me being unreasonable if I refused to do so.

But attempting to explain this point to you puts me in a kind of catch22 or paradox because, by definition, an irrational person will not see the irrationality of their argument...unless they have a fairly strong commitment to seeing the truth about themselves even when it works against them. I think perhaps this is the strong delusion and the "searing" of the conscience that Paul talked about and why Jesus talked about, "having eyes they see not and having ears they hear not".

You are taking scripture and interpreting it as the rabbis do when they think that God was telling them to tie little boxes, with Torah inside, to their foreheads and the left hand. That is not what He said at all. He was talking about writing His law on their minds and hearts, a form of worship.
Yes, God's laws should be written in our hearts but I wonder if you can see just how confused you've made the issue here. We are talking about the Mark of the Beast, and yet your argument against the description of the Mark is to refer back to God's laws in our heart as though "God's laws in the heart" somehow makes the Mark prophecy non-existant or obsolete. Can you see how you've just avoided the issue again?

God's laws should be written in our heart, yes, but the AC is only interested in perverting that concept so he makes a counterfeit to the spiritual by introducing a physical Mark to control material provision, the basic necessities of life. If you want to buy and sell, you must use his Mark and doing so is the sign to both God and the world where your loyalty really is.

So those who follow the beast/worship him have his law written on their minds/forehead or on their RIGHT hand. They don't know God or they have rejected Him and His law.

In other words, it's fine to take a microchip implant in the hand to continue buying and selling so long as you "believe in your heart" that you are not worshipping the beast? All your spiritualized interpretation does is to make the warning about "buying and selling" of no effect.

But ok, lets say your interpretation has genuine merit; how do you apply it? How do you determine when someone is "following the beast by having his law written on their minds/forehead or on their RIGHT hand" and how does that interpretation relate to buying and selling?

What you are saying is that a believer could be tricked by a man into rejecting their salvation, rejecting the blood of Christ, without them knowing that they are doing it. I say that is hogwash and a lie from the pit.

Esau was tricked into rejecting his birthright and all for a bowl of soup; materialism. God allowed it to happen because it was a choice Esau made of his own free will, just like he will allow all people today to make a similar choice even though trickery will be involved. The heart is deceitful above all things; who can know it? We all have the ability to trick ourselves. We lie to ourselves often, everyday about a myriad of issues. We often choose not to see the badness in ourselves. Jesus warned that we should watch carefully lest our crown be snatched away from us, but what you've suggested is nearly the opposite.

The deception related to the Mark isn't that a Christian's salvation is somehow taken from them by force, but rather that they reject their salvation by choosing to believe a lie just like Esau. Remember the example I previously listed regarding the warning Jesus gave about a time when people will kill God's servants thinking they are doing God a service?

And then there are several examples Jesus gave about the "Lord, Lord" people standing at the gates wanting to be let in, but Jesus will say he never knew them. These are people who clearly think of themselves as believers and yet, despite their apparent faith in Jesus, he will still reject them utterly. Were they tricked or did they just choose to believe a lie about what Jesus did or did not want from them as followers? Probably both, but in the end it's a difference without a distinction.

Both God's Holy spirit and deception can work in extremely subtle ways and both are constantly attempting to influence us throughout our lives. Sometimes we choose to hear and sometimes we choose to ignore.

Millions of Christians around the world will end up taking the Mark simply because they've convinced themselves that the Mark will be some spiritualized attitude in their heart and of course, along with the love of money, the average Christian will never admit to themselves their problems with dependence on materialism if it means prying them from the comforts which materialism can provide. Because they relegate nearly all spiritual disciplines to "an attitude of the Heart", and because the "heart is deceitful above all things" the two end up mixing together into conveniently excusing themselves from any kind of accountability requiring genuine change while still feeling soothed and righteous in their position. Strong delusion indeed!

Perhaps when this kind of person stands before God and he asks them why they took the Mark, they can plead ignorance and argue about how they didn't know, but God's spirit is sharper than a two edged sword slicing deep down into the soul. He will divine the truth from the deception lurking in the deepest parts. Perhaps he will decide the ignorance is genuine and have mercy, but then again a person would need to be very nearly spiritually dead or clinically mentally challenged not to have SOME realization about the nature of greed, it's relation to buying and selling, and our relationship to those issues. The person who is spiritually dead probably got that way from rejecting truth anyway (probably on many occasions over time) and the person who is mentally challenged can hardly be held responsible for what they have no control over.

But you casually dismiss this basic truth with a glib statement about how life is not "black and white". All you've really done is to once again side-step the real issue. That is not faith or courage. It is fear.
This is where you said that if a person isn't worried, "casually dismiss", about your microchip theory then we are in fear.
And worse yet, said we were not in faith.
You claimed I was promoting fear, but you won't say how.
I don't remember where I said you were 'promoting' fear. Maybe you could quote me, as I have you, at you insisted.
People who take the Mark show their loyalty (or worship) to the AC.
I am saying that one would be rejecting their salvation, rejecting the blood of Christ. And that a believer cannot do that without knowing it.
Yes, God's laws should be written in our hearts but I wonder if you can see just how confused you've made the issue here. We are talking about the Mark of the Beast, and yet your argument against the description of the Mark is to refer back to God's laws in our heart as though "God's laws in the heart" somehow makes the Mark prophecy non-existant or obsolete. Can you see how you've just avoided the issue again?
Nope, just interpreting prophecy by what I see in God's words to us.
The Jews see little boxes, containing Torah, tied to their forehead and left hand.
I don't agree with their interpretation of the Deut. scripture.
You see a microchip implanted in the forehead or Right hand.
I don't agree with your interpretation of the Rev. scripture.
In other words, it's fine to take a microchip implant in the hand to continue buying and selling so long as you "believe in your heart" that you are not worshipping the beast?
No. That is not what I am saying at all.
How do you determine when someone is "following the beast by having his law written on their minds/forehead or on their RIGHT hand" and how does that interpretation relate to buying and selling?
I am saying that IF there is such a thing it will not just be given to anyone without them KNOWINGLY taking some type of oath or proclamation of allegiance to someone or something before their allegiance to God.
This actually happened in the Roman Empire to Jews and Christians who would not declare the Caesar as a god, the number one God. People were martyred, burned at the stake. Caesar's picture was on the coinage that they had to use to buy and sell.
Many people died rather than declare Caesar a god.
Esau was tricked into rejecting his birthright and all for a bowl of soup; materialism.
Where do you get this idea from?
I don't see that Esau was tricked. Esau knew exactly what he was doing.
It was Isaac that was tricked and Esau couldn't get Isaac to go back on his promise to Jacob.
The deception related to the Mark isn't that a Christian's salvation is somehow taken from them by force, but rather that they reject their salvation by choosing to believe a lie just like Esau.
What lie did Esau believe? Jacob didn't lie to Esau. He put a straight forward proposition before him and Esau accepted it.
Remember the example I previously listed regarding the warning Jesus gave about a time when people will kill God's servants thinking they are doing God a service?
Yep, this has happened many times in history. It's not anything new. Persecution is not new, it's as old as mankind. Believe what I tell you to believe and then take part in my sin.
I don't see where Jesus or the disciples ever taught that we should kill people who don't agree with us. So my suggestion is Don't Do That!
And then there are several examples Jesus gave about the "Lord, Lord" people standing at the gates wanting to be let in, but Jesus will say he never knew them. These are people who clearly think of themselves as believers and yet, despite their apparent faith in Jesus, he will still reject them utterly. Were they tricked or did they just choose to believe a lie about what Jesus did or did not want from them as followers? Probably both, but in the end it's a difference without a distinction.
The key word there is NEVER. So it has nothing to do with taking a mark and loosing ones salvation, you can't loose something you NEVER had. Listen to what they say. Don't add anything to it. Their whole argument and boast is based on what they did in His name. Jesus said, they were lawless. What is the Law of Christ? That we love God and love our neighbor. Jesus says they were without this principle of love for God and for others.
Millions of Christians around the world will end up taking the Mark simply because they've convinced themselves that the Mark will be some spiritualized attitude in their heart and of course,
Actually if one makes an allegiance with someone or something over their allegiance to God, it DOES show what is in their heart and mind.
It has nothing to do with spiritualizing a thing, a person, a group, etc. It is putting a thing, a person, a group, etc. BEFORE GOD.
It is a choice one makes. The rich, young ruler made a choice. Esau made a choice.

This is where you said that if a person isn't worried, "casually dismiss", about your microchip theory then we are in fear.

Hi Deb. Thanks for giving an explanation. No, I don't want you to be afraid. I used the phrase "casually dismiss" because that's what you actually did. It was meant to get you to consider exactly what it says, that you casually dismissed legitimate evidence. I wanted you to consider why you casually dismissed it. *I* am suggesting the reason is because you are afraid to consider the implications of what the evidence shows about our reliance on buying/selling rather than God's provision.

Also, your interpretation in the quote above is a leap in logic. Look carefully at your conclusion. Do you really think challenging you to consider evidence = wanting you to be afraid? Looking at the evidence is what shows we are NOT afraid.

I don't remember where I said you were 'promoting' fear. Maybe you could quote me, as I have you, at you insisted.

In post#255 you said, "you say if we don't worry about this microchip in the hand we are in fear". Perhaps I'm just feeling overly offended by this comment because it's so completely opposite to what I really have been saying this whole time. It misrepresents my position in a fundamental way but okay whatever. I think I'll just have to accept that as part of debate with some people.

Nope, just interpreting prophecy by what I see in God's words to us.
The Jews see little boxes, containing Torah, tied to their forehead and left hand.

This is another leap in logic. The Mark of the beast prophecy doesn't say anything about the torah or little boxes tied to the head/hand. It very specifically describes a "mark" on the hand (or forehead) which will be used to control buying and selling. You are using a mistake in one area (i.e. the pharisees becoming self righteious about ritualistically putting teachings on their hand/forehead) to negate the Mark prophecy, but they are two completely separate issues in different contexts. The similarity between the two regarding hands/heads is a technicality you are exploiting to explain away the spiritual implications of a very real physical mark.

I am saying that IF there is such a thing it will not just be given to anyone without them KNOWINGLY taking some type of oath or proclamation of allegiance to someone or something before their allegiance to God.

But the prophecy doesn't say anything like that. You are adding to what it says. It says nothing about oaths or proclamations of allegiance though it does make a connection between taking the Mark of the Beast and worship of the Beast (Rev 14:9). This is consistent with what Jesus said about the two masters (Matthew 6:24-34). He said God is one master and mammon is the other master. Mammon is a term used to describe money and the things money can buy; materialism in general. He said we will love one and despise the other. It's exactly the same issue with the Mark. If you take the mark, you show who you worship. If you refuse the Mark, you show who you worship.

This actually happened in the Roman Empire to Jews and Christians who would not declare the Caesar as a god, the number one God. People were martyred, burned at the stake. Caesar's picture was on the coinage that they had to use to buy and sell.
Many people died rather than declare Caesar a god.

I wonder if you can see the irony here. Caesar is one of the top reasons people give today for justifying their service to mammon. They say, "don't you know Jesus said give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar"? They rarely quote the second half, "and give to God what belongs to God". The genius of this answer, which made Jesus' tempters marvel, is that it allows people to hear what they want to hear and they could not catch him in his words because of this. But the basic lesson behind the two choices is still relevant for us today and completely consistent with Jesus' overall theme on money and materialism. For people who want to follow Jesus they hear the second half; after we've given to God what belongs to him, there is nothing left for Caesar. But for people who want an excuse to continue serving mammon they only hear the first half and feel justified in trying to serve both masters.

Instead of having the kind of faith you describe of the Christians waaaaay back in Jesus day, (i.e. people who were willing to die rather than serve Caesar), today we've got a world full of Christians who can't seem to stop themselves from quoting the virtues of serving Caesar. My, how the faithful have fallen.
What lie did Esau believe? Jacob didn't lie to Esau. He put a straight forward proposition before him and Esau accepted it.

Ehhh, yeah you're right. I misremembered the part about him being tricked. It was the selling of the birthright that I was thinking of. The comparison is still accurate since selling our "birthright" is the point. Jesus said, "what does it profit a man to gain the world but lose his soul". You suggest the Mark will not be as simple as a physical microchip in the hand, but you're only making that claim because you see no problem with the concept of buying and selling as the method for how humans should treat one another. And yet Jesus' teachings explain a different perspective; one where humans do not force payment from one another for their help but rather where they seek God's kingdom first.

I recently saw an advertisement for schwepps water. It had a picture of a suave guy in a smooth suit staring at the camera and the caption, "Schwepps, seperating the men from the boys". A water that can turn boys into men and, presumably, men to boys (if they don't drink the water). It's an obvious attempt to exploit a man's pride and for what? Money. To sell a product. We have the capacity to discern right from wrong and yet, in a world where money makes the world go round people have stopped considering right and wrong in preference for what will turn a profit. It will be like this with the Mark. People have been conned into seeing no problem with exploiting one another for profit. They've come to see it as just the natural way to survive in this world. Even when the alternatives Jesus gave are presented to them they refuse to believe it or even consider it. As a result, the admonition Jesus gave about losing one's soul to gain the world becomes all the more appropriate.

Listen to what they say. Don't add anything to it. Their whole argument and boast is based on what they did in His name.

Sure, but the point is they themselves believed they were in the right until the very end. He called them "workers of iniquity". Were these "Lord, Lord" people making a conscience decision to be workers of iniquity? From God's perspective, probably so, but from their own perspective no, they still believed themselves to be righteous. The same will be true of people who take the Mark. Because they are not really interested in the teachings of Jesus they will end up taking the Mark by convincing themselves that it's not really the Mark. They will give themselves over to strong delusion because they will choose to believe lies rather than the truth. Again, whether they are tricked or they trick themselves becomes a distinction without a difference when it comes to greed and the Mark.

We all have the capacity, rather, a strong inclination to believe lies. This is what will happen to the majority of Christians regarding the Mark. Look at you and sinthesis here on this forum. Buying and selling via a "mark" in the hand is already becoming a reality and you say "so what" or call it "hysteria" to address the issue.

Over in London it's not possible to buy bus tickets on the bus using cash anymore. Tickets purchased with cash can only be done so at the stations while using a microchipped tap card is fine on any bus. This was an arbitrary decision made by the city. Many foreign embassies around the world no longer accept cash payments for visas even if it's deposited directly into their bank account; they only accept digital payments using a card of some kind. Many outdoor festivals and events are opting for wrist-band payment schemes rather than cash for all transactions during the event. At events which utilize this method of payment, people will not be able to use cash even if they wanted. Well, actually, they can but only at certain points to load credit onto the microchipped wrist-band although even that aspect of using cash will eventually be phased out. These kinds of changes are happening little by little all over the world.

Slowly but surely the doors for cash are closing and as the progress continues the pace will become faster. As it is now you still have the luxury of saying "so what" but eventually you will be forced, through circumstances, to make a choice.

Hi john darling,

I`ve just read that Denmark is soon going to be the first country to go cashless.

Marilyn.
many American don't use cash. I don't pay with cash much.i don't mind the concept of a cashless society, just more concerned about the issue of security and being tracked via the phones or what means we will use.

*I* am suggesting the reason is because you are afraid to consider the implications of what the evidence shows about our reliance on buying/selling rather than God's provision.
There you go again. Assuming that we have not considered it and the reason we have not considered it "is because you/we are afriad." So no matter what I say, you will continue to believe what you want to. So be it.
You are using a mistake in one area (i.e. the pharisees becoming self righteious about ritualistically putting teachings on their hand/forehead) to negate the Mark prophecy, but they are two completely separate issues in different contexts.
Wow, where did you learn that! The pharisees were wearing phylacteries long before the Mark prophecy was ever given.
The similarity between the two regarding hands/heads is a technicality you are exploiting to explain away the spiritual implications of a very real physical mark.
If you cannot see the similarities between the examples. Again, so be it.
Sorry, I happen to believe that we can find our answers to prophecy in the scriptures themselves without techy news.
But the prophecy doesn't say anything like that. You are adding to what it says. It says nothing about oaths or proclamations of allegiance though it does make a connection between taking the Mark of the Beast and worship of the Beast (Rev 14:9)
Worship comes with a relationship. It includes a decision to worship someone or something as their God/god.
No tricks about it, just choices.
If you don't think over 30 yrs. of consideration to Rev. and believing pretty much what you do, is not consideration enough. So be it.
Be blessed, John.
Deb

many American don't use cash. I don't pay with cash much.i don't mind the concept of a cashless society, just more concerned about the issue of security and being tracked via the phones or what means we will use.
Me too. No microchips in my body, thank you.

The only cash I keep, is to buy fresh eggs from the neighbor. :)

I can see that via and app we can pay each other. its already there. and we can via smart phone pay bills and mobile bank. I have already done mobile banking. I have posted here from my smart phone. if I take a pic with it , I will log on with it and post that pic.

Hi jasonc,

Very good question. Firstly, how we transact at the moment I would say (& I think you would agree) is not with `the mark of the beast.` (Just meaning it is not linked with the `worship,` of the `beast.`) I know in the little country of Estonia that all citizens of a certain age have an ID that enables them to do every day things, like banking, transport, shops etc. One ID for all.

As to when the Mark of the Global Leaders (anti-Christ / beast & false prophet) is in operation I think it would only be for those who `buy & sell.`

What do you think?

Marilyn.

The fear thing comes from Jesus' teachings. He's the one who said we should not allow fear/worry stop us from stepping out in faith and seeking his kingdom first. The reason we do not need to be afraid of the Mark is because we already have the answer; the teachings of Jesus. This is why he said that God will provide for anyone who works for him, i.e. the laborer is worthy of his hire. It's why he sent the disciples out without anything (Luke 10:4), so they could see for themselves that God would care for them. Later, he reference this time again and asked them if they lacked anything, and they said "no" (Luke 22:35).

The Mark clearly deals with this very issue, buying and selling, but you say, "the pharisees tied boxes to their heads and hands therefore your argument is invalid". It's like, what? What kind of reasoning is that? I'm just flabbergasted! It completely sidesteps the issue and yet you continue to argue with a straight face. It's just crazy.

Wow, where did you learn that! The pharisees were wearing phylacteries long before the Mark prophecy was ever given.

The problem isn't with the pharisees. The problem is with you using an example of the pharisees as a technicality to disregard what the prophecy actually says about buying/selling via a mark in the hand.

Worship comes with a relationship. It includes a decision to worship someone or something as their God/god.
No tricks about it, just choices.

What's significant here is that you didn't respond to my comments about how you added all that stuff about proclamations and oaths to the prophecy. What you've done is to create a convenient doctrine. I've seen people do the exact same thing with "ritual scarring". They claim they will never take a ritual scar on the hand for buying and selling since that is the Mark, but they WILL take a microchip in the hand for buying and selling. It's an absurd distinction which gives no consideration to the spirit of the prophecy. Pure and simple convenience.

I've heard explanations about how some Christians will take the Mark to support others who do not take it, and as a result of their sacrificing (i.e. choosing to damn themselves to save others) God will end up forgiving them and they will be saved, too. There is even an argument that Christians can take the Mark as long as they believe in their heart that Jesus is Lord, since God will not be confused by petty physical symbols. All over the world Christians are creating their various convenient doctrines to soothe themselves. It's truely an amazing time to live in, to see prophecy being fulfilled but it's also really sad.

Despite your objections now, what will most likely happen is that you will end up taking the microchip when all other avenues for buying and selling with cash cease, and you will do so on the basis that you are making no oaths to anyone. Because you've ignored the key purpose of the Mark as actually described in the prophecy (i.e. for buying and selling) in preference for an alternative explanation which is NOT in the prophecy (i.e. the mark as a deliberate oath of loyalty to the AC) you will miss the point entirely. The Mark WILL represent loyalty to the AC but there is nothing in the prophecy to indicate the loyalty must be done so as a deliberate act of loyalty before it will be considered loyalty.

What your argument amounts to is to say a person cannot sin unless they do so as a deliberate act of defiance against God and that all sin which is not done as a conscious, deliberate, willful act of defiance against God is not really sin. Is that really what you believe? I don't think I need to even wait for you to answer the question because it's such a ridiculous argument. You couldn't possibly believe something so ludicrous, and yet it's the argument you use with the Mark.

Trickery. Deception. Choices. They all kinda blend together in a way that really makes little difference to the final result.

I`ve just read that Denmark is soon going to be the first country to go cashless.

Hi marylin. Thanks for that information. At the start of this year the employees of an entire office building in Sweden agreed to take a microchip in their hands which they use to open doors, operate machines and buy food. It's just amazing how much progress is being made in this area.

I can see that via and app we can pay each other. its already there. and we can via smart phone pay bills and mobile bank. I have already done mobile banking. I have posted here from my smart phone. if I take a pic with it , I will log on with it and post that pic.

There are heaps of benefits to a cashless society and microchip implants. They really are convenient in many ways. But of course there is more to it than convenience. It's not like we should allow world events to dictate our understanding of prophecy, but neither should we ignore the methods through which prophecy could be fulfilled through world events, either.

The similarity between the description in prophecy and what's actually happening in world banking is too difficult to ignore. A "mark" on the hand to control buying/selling. A microchip on the hand to control buying and selling. Is it really so unreasonable to see a link between the two? Is it hysterical? Nah, it's just common sense. If the microchip implants were only being used to open doors or for identification purposes people would have a much better case to argue that it's no big deal. But the fact that it relates so specifically to buying and selling, exactly as the prophecy describes, is a coincidence too amazing to be coincidence.

Me too. No microchips in my body, thank you.

The only cash I keep, is to buy fresh eggs from the neighbor.

If the only reason you won't take a microchip is because of security concerns, then you won't have much to worry about. These kinds of concerns always come up with new technology. The whole virus/anti-virus thing with computers has been happening for decades. At first there was a lot of concern over viruses but now it's just an understood part of computing. It's common, ordinary, mundane.

There was concern over surfing usage being tracked and monitored but these days it's just understood that such things will happen (mostly by advertisers). For the average person there's really no way around it so people just accept it as a "necessary" evil when it comes to surfing the net.

Problems come up, solutions are presented, and people adapt.

if there is prophecy of an antichrist per futurism then there must also be a date of the exact day of the Lord's return. why one earth would Jesus say no man knows the hour then suddenly give them the means to know the hour when he himself didn't know?

Hi jasonc,

Very good question. Firstly, how we transact at the moment I would say (& I think you would agree) is not with `the mark of the beast.` (Just meaning it is not linked with the `worship,` of the `beast.`) I know in the little country of Estonia that all citizens of a certain age have an ID that enables them to do every day things, like banking, transport, shops etc. One ID for all.

As to when the Mark of the Global Leaders (anti-Christ / beast & false prophet) is in operation I think it would only be for those who `buy & sell.`

What do you think?

Marilyn.
you do have to present id at a bank to get money. my point is that YOUNG and OLD shall have the mark. Young means babies, that means they have no chance at salvation.

Very good question. Firstly, how we transact at the moment I would say (& I think you would agree) is not with `the mark of the beast.` (Just meaning it is not linked with the `worship,` of the `beast.`)
:)
I know in the little country of Estonia that all citizens of a certain age have an ID that enables them to do every day things, like banking, transport, shops etc. One ID for all.
So their government can track almost everything they do. Here in the US we have the lovely thing called the Patriot Act.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back