Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The identity of the antichrist in 5 verses

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
AS i have said before i remember where some one had figured out a way to make Micky Mouse to be 666...

I disagree with your ideas.. God wrote of many antichrists and a spirit of antichrist.. I do not read God saying there will be this one guy who is THEE Antichrist.

Some day we will know... and at that time it wont matter a hoot to any of us... :)

I know scripture mentions many antichrist,but there is one who comes in the end,pretending to be Christ,who is the ultimate antichrist,whom is non other than satan himself....He's coming back and he's bringing all his angels with him.....

Through peace he shall deceive the world

It is him whom is spoken of in Daniel

Daniel 8:23 "And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and under standing dark sentences, shall stand up."

Why were we told by Jesus and Paul to put on the "gospel armor"? We were told that "we do not war against the power of the arm, but against the power of dark sentences". Our fight is against the "king of fierce countenances"; and friend, that king is Satan, the Antichrist. It may be next week, next month, or next year, but you will face him in battle.

Daniel 8:24 "And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy People."

This king is Satan, and he will "destroy", which means "deceive" many. How will this deception come? "Wonderfully", which is even deceiving. Strong's Hebrew dictionary # 6381; "Pala; a prime root; distinguished, great, marvelous, miracles, wonderfully." Friend that is how Satan, the Antichrist will come to earth...

Can you post a passage which says
I know scripture mentions many antichrist,but there is one who comes in the end,pretending to be Christ,who is the ultimate antichrist,whom is non other than satan himself....He's coming back and he's bringing all his angels with him.....
we both know ya cant ... God is the author of His Word who is man to adjust God's Word to fit mans theology ?

You can not post a passage which says
I know scripture mentions many antichrist,but there is one who comes in the end,pretending to be Christ,who is the ultimate antichrist,whom is non other than satan himself.

Does satan believe Jesus is the Son of God in the flesh ?

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1Jn_2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jn_2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn_4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2Jn_1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

So that being said,would you not consider him the ultimate antichrist?He's the only one that shall come pretending to be Christ..........

Have you seen this scripture?

`...So the Lord of hosts will come down to fight for Mount Zion & for its hill. Like birds flying about so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Defending, He will also deliver it; passing over, He will preserve it.
Return to Him against whom the children of Israel have deeply revolted. For in that day every man shall throw away his idols of silver & his idols of gold - sin, which your own hands have made for yourselves.

Then the Assyrian will fall, by a sword not of man, & a sword not of mankind shall devour him,....` (Isa. 31: 4 - 8)

Interesting. Marilyn.

Another thing,it's not a belief for him,he knows Christ is the Son of God.....He just don't want you to believe it......

Have you seen this scripture?

`...So the Lord of hosts will come down to fight for Mount Zion & for its hill. Like birds flying about so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Defending, He will also deliver it; passing over, He will preserve it.
Return to Him against whom the children of Israel have deeply revolted. For in that day every man shall throw away his idols of silver & his idols of gold - sin, which your own hands have made for yourselves.

Then the Assyrian will fall, by a sword not of man, & a sword not of mankind shall devour him,....` (Isa. 31: 4 - 8)

Interesting. Marilyn.

That it is,the Assyrian is satan and the sword is the Word

Hi n2thelight,

Pleased to meet you & have a chat. I believe that Satan enters/controls the man, the Assyrian.

Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

Pleased to meet you & have a chat. I believe that Satan enters/controls the man, the Assyrian.

Marilyn.

Good to meet you as well

satan is the Assyrian....He will not posess a man,after the war in heaven,satan gets kicked out ,when that happens,he shall come to earth,live and in color,pretending to be Christ.....

May I ask why you feel it will be by possession?

Hi n2thelight,

Thank you for asking my thoughts. Here is what I base them on - Satan possessing the Global Leader (anti-Christ).

`I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, & his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marvelled & followed the beast. So they worshipped the dragon who gave authority to the beast;....` (Rev. 13: 3 & 4)

I think only Satan could make this false resurrection look real. Plus we read that it is Satan who gives the authority / control to the Global Leader. Separate beings but closely connected.

`Then the beast was captured, & with him the false prophet.....cast alive into the lake of fire.....` (Rev. 19: 20)

` Then I saw an angel ...He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil & Satan, & bound him for a thousand years & he cast him into the bottomless pit,....` (Rev. 20: 1 - 3)

Here we read of `the beast,` (the Political Global Leader), the false prophet, (the religious economist) & Satan.

Hope that explains what I believe. How does that seem to you? Marilyn.

Last edited:
Hi n2thelight,

Thank you for asking my thoughts. Here is what I base them on - Satan possessing the Global Leader (anti-Christ).

`I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, & his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marvelled & followed the beast. So they worshipped the dragon who gave authority to the beast;....` (Rev. 13: 3 & 4)

I think only Satan could make this false resurrection look real. Plus we read that it is Satan who gives the authority / control to the Global Leader. Separate beings but closely connected.

`Then the beast was captured, & with him the false prophet.....cast alive into the lake of fire.....` (Rev. 19: 20)

` Then I saw an angel ...He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil & Satan, & bound him for a thousand years & he cast him into the bottomless pit,....` (Rev. 20: 1 - 3)

Here we read of `the beast,` (the Political Global Leader), the false prophet, (the religious economist) & Satan.

Hope that explains what I believe. How does that seem to you? Marilyn.

You're welcome,...

I see the first beast as a political system, that system shall fall apart(NWO)(deadly wound),satan heals the wound at which time the world becomes a one world religous system with satan at it's head,pretending to be Christ....

satan has no power to bring anyone back to life....

Thanks for your response....

We can make an idol out of anything; idol being a false god. Antichrist is similar, so can be anything accepted as messiah; antichrist being a false messiah. Something considered as 'the antichrist' can only be differentiated from all the other antichrists by accociation with a particular context. 'The antichrist' makes no sense unless it is placed within a context unique from that of all other antichrists. There is only one Christ Jesus, yet there are many antichrists. What makes any one antichrist special to you? Why should any antichrist be special to you when you have Jesus Christ?

By: Brandon T. Ward
Revised: 3-25-2014
Who is the Antichrist? This is an extremely important question for these end times. If you do not understand who the antichrist is, you are already setup for deception.
The antichrist (not the “type” as spoken of in John) will not be born in the flesh. The antichrist is a supernatural being who will be cast out of heaven onto earth by Michael the archangel. The antichrist will claim to be Jesus Christ. The antichrist is Satan himself.
Let us now remove the veil of darkness and confusion that has clouded this topic and shed the light of God’s Word onto it whereby we can remove all doubt.
Before we start our Bible study, let us ask our Father for wisdom and understanding of His Word, in Jesus Name amen.

First, let us take the word “antichrist.” “Anti” is word 473 in your Strong’s Concordance and it means “opposite” or “instead”. Instead of what? Instead of “Christ” (5547: anointed, the Messiah). So we need to understand Satan is the false messiah who appears first “instead” of Jesus Christ.
With that having been said please turn your Bible to,
Revelation 12:7
7 “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,”
This verse describes the powers of heaven being shaken (Matthew 24:29), which occurs when Michael and his angels fight against the Dragon and his angels. The Dragon mentioned here is Satan himself which we will document shortly. This is when Satan is cast out of heaven and will physically appear here on earth claiming to be Jesus Christ. Pay close attention here! Satan does not arrive alone, he is kicked out with his angels.
Revelation 12:8
8 “And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.”
Satan and his angels are officially cast from heaven onto earth. This is the start of the Tribulation, which is a time of trial, a test to see who will stand with God and against, “The Instead of Christ,” who is Satan.
Revelation 12:9
9 “And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”
This should make it very clear who we are talking about at this point. God gives us several of Satan’s names so we are not confused. Do not read over that verse, Satan and his angels are cast out of heaven. So not only will Satan who is supernatural be present on earth, but so shall his fallen angels who are supernatural as well. Their goal is to deceive the whole world, to make the inhabitants of the earth believe that Satan and his angels are Jesus Christ and His angels who have come to restore the Kingdom of Heaven. But it is a lie!
Revelation 13:1
1 “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.”
Now understand in the book of Revelation there are two different beasts described. Stick to God’s Word and it will make complete sense. This first Beast spoken of here is Satan’s Governmental Beast, the future One World Government (Note: The waters in this book are people, Revelation 17:15).
Revelation 13:11
11 “And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.”
We now have a second beast who is Satan, remember he is the Dragon of Revelation 12:9. We are told he has two horns like a lamb, but speaks as a Dragon. The Dragon gives the first Governmental Beast “his power, and his seat, and great authority” (Revelation 13:2).
Satan is coming as the antichrist, “The Instead of Christ” as we learned earlier. He possess supernatural powers and will be exceedingly convincing. So much so he will deceive the world making them believe he is the lamb asJesus Christ is the Lamb that was slain on the cross for our sins.
We must comprehend the fact that Satan is an imitator, he has copied the majority of Christ’s names. Satan will be imitating Christ in order to deceive the whole world into believing that not only has God returned to the earth, but He has brought His Kingdom as well (Revelation 12:9, II Thessalonians 2:4). When in reality that kingdom (Governmental Beast) will be led by Satan (Dragon) and his fallen angels. As 2 Corinthians 11:14 documents, “And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.” This word “transformed” is Strong’s word 3345 and it means “disguised”. Satan comes disguised as an angel of light, disguised as the very Lamb of God. Satan has always wanted to be God as we will document later in this study.
Satan is “deception” therefore he has many different names and titles. In the book of Daniel he is known as the “little horn” and the “vile one” to name a few. In Revelation he is known as the “beast”, “dragon” and the “false prophet” which we will finish documenting shortly.

The rest can be read from the below link

http://worldeventsandthebible.com/2010/04/who-is-antichrist.html

Hi n2thelight,

The Political system has a leader, & that leader is the Assyrian controlled by Satan. We notice that in Rev. 13 it goes from speaking about the world global system to the individual who leads it – one of the heads.

`Who is like the beast, & who is able to wage war with HIM? And there was given HIM a mouth speaking arrogant words & blasphemies; & authority to act for 42 months was given HIM. And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name & His tabernacle....` (Rev. 13: 4 – 6)

Also remember the religious system gets burned, -
`And the 10 horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the prostitute, make her desolate & naked, eat her flesh & burn her with fire.` (Rev. 17: 16)

You are right Satan does not have the power to bring anyone back to life, that is why it is a `false resurrection.`

Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

Now as to the information that you downloaded, as I can`t talk to the person I really can only say to you what I think.
  1. No evidence. You will notice in Rev. 12: 7 that the author of the article makes a statement but does not back it up. (...when Satan is cast out of heaven & will physically appear here on earth..) Where is the scripture /s to support this? To me that is just his opinion or speculation. Mmmmmm

2. Confuses Satan`s position. Yes there are two beasts, one the Global Government with its Political leader, & two, the Religious/Economic leader who only gets his power in the presence of the Political leader.

`And he exercises all the authority of the first beast (leader) in his presence...` (Rev. 13: 12)

Satan, through the Global leader controls the world. Governments need a Political & an Economic leader with the Religious aspect to motivate people. This is Satan`s desire to lead the world, to be the Political leader. To do this he needs to control people economically & religiously. That is why the second leader causes everyone to have the mark of the global leader, & to worship the Political leader. Note the second leader does not say for people to worship himself, which he would do if he were Satan.

`And he (the false prophet) deceives those who dwell on the earth.....& cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast (Global leader) to be killed.` (Rev. 13: 14 & 15)

We see a global world government, a global political leader (head), & a global religious/economic leader.

Marilyn.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back