Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The identity of the antichrist in 5 verses

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Semantics become an issue, which is why I usually don't write concerning this subject. With that in mind, it depends upon what is the inference drawn from what is said as to what is possible or not possible. In this case, I am talking about Isaiah 14:1-12 which speaks of Lucifer. You point out that angels can't die, yet in verse 11 the person is covered in worms.

Often times scripture uses metaphor to describe eternal perspectives in temporal terms. In this case worms are not literal. The worm that never dies is the corruption that never ceases, hence the fire that is never quenched is that Truth that burns up all lies of deception. Yet how is the deception never ending for Satan? The deception never ceases because all is built upon faith in God's Character and all Satan does is conceive of accusations out of doubt in God's Character. He therefore is covered in worms and the fire is never quenched.

Consequently Satan need not die to be covered with worms in the lake of fire. The grave is also a metaphor for hell or the second death. A place where the torment from unbelief in God never ceases, like a man following an Eternal line, forever trying to prove that somewhere it ends.

I never thought about the worm that never dies that way. Interesting perspective. Someone else here pointed out that the Bible verse that reads "its better to marry than to burn" was implying burning with lust and not burning in hell. Its like a matter of perspective. glass half empty VS half full. Its so hard to deprogram yourself from the world. I've gotten better at it.

I'm curious as to what people believe is the significance in knowing the identity of the AC? For example, lets assume the AC is in the world right now and we know his name. What difference would it make?

I'm not looking for any right or wrong answer here, but just curious as to how other people see the information being relevant or important to know.

Yeah I'm starting to feel that. My thing is that the world has programmed me to think how much of a big deal the AC is. There are many Antichrist in the world. But just one Christ.

There are people on youtube right now that really go off on the antichrist and the mark of the beast.

I guess it IS important if you think about this - the book of revelation implies salvation by WORKS not by FAITH. Not taking a mark is a work.

How does one know when you are in the book of Revelation? Do the rules change during the book of Revelation. According to Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever".

Antichrist was exposed many years ago and since that time every effort to hide that discovery has been semi-successful..

tob

First we see the verse that unravels the bible -

Revelation 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Who had wisdom and understanding?

1 Kings 3:12 "Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee."

2 Chronicles 1:11-12 "
And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like."

Who had the number 666?

1 Kings 10:14 "Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,"

God gives it to us again just in case we missed it and was asleep.

1 Chronicles 9:13 "Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;"

Thus the beast was a MAN (KJV), and that man was king Solomon.

1 Kings 3:12 "Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.

According to that King Solomon will return. As the great king, the antichrist, the man of sin.

What about these verses?

John 17:12 (AV)
12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2 Thessalonians 2:3–4 (AV)
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Not to mention...

Luke 22:3 (AV)
3Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

John 13:26–27 (AV)
26Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

And...

Acts 1:25 (AV)
25That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

The 666 correlation to Solomon is just a sign that the beast will be a temple builder (a feat which alone will win the Jews over to him). But it will not actually be Solomon. It will be Judas Iscariot raised from the abyss.

And the mark 666 is / will be the Star of David (a six point star, from six triangles, around a six sided center from occult origins) used primarily to expose / track down the one people who refuse to accept the mark (Christians).

T791124A1.gif

Last edited:
It has been suggested that the subject of this thread is more fitting for the End Times forum, and I have to say I see the point. I'm moving it there for continued discussion. Please be sure to read any special instructions or guidelines for posting in the End Times forum as those will apply to this thread from here on. Thanks.

There is still no connection. :shrug If you want to know what the song of Moses is, it's found in Ex 15.
Deut.31:30 last verse
And Moses spake in the ears of all the congregation of Israel the words of this song, until they were ended.
Then chapter 32, the song.

What about these verses?

12While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

2 Thessalonians 2:3–4 (AV)
3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Not to mention...

Luke 22:3 (AV)
3Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

John 13:26–27 (AV)
26Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

And...

Acts 1:25 (AV)
25That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

The 666 correlation to Solomon is just a sign that the beast will be a temple builder (a feat which alone will win the Jews over to him). But it will not actually be Solomon. It will be Judas Iscariot raised from the abyss.

And the mark 666 is / will be the Star of David (a six point star, from six triangles, around a six sided center from occult origins) used primarily to expose / track down the one people who refuse to accept the mark (Christians).

T791124A1.gif

John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name, those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Heb.2:13,14
And again, I will put my trust in Him, and again, Behold, I and the children which God hath given me.
...,..that through death , He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.

He conquered death.
Satan signed his own death warrant.

John 17:910
I pray for them, I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given Me, for they are thine,
And all mine are thine, and thine mine, and I am glorified in them.

1John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not, but he is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one touchest him not.

Perdition=Strong's #684, der of 622
Apoleia, apollumi,
To perish, destroy fully

Rev.9:11
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, Whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, Greek, Apollyon.

Abaddon#3= destroying angel
Appollyon#623=Apolluon, part of #622
Destroyer, Satan, Apollyon

Rev.17:8
The beast that thou sawest was, and is not, and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition.....
Rev.17:11,
And goeth into perdition..

So, no, I think not, That Judas, nor Solomon is the angel of the bottomless pit.

Last edited:
How many members know who Martin Luther.. John Calvin.. Cotton Mather.. John Knox.. Thomas Cranmer.. John Wesley.. Roger William.. and Charles Spurgeon were? They all knew who Antichrist was/is..

tob

All you have to be concerned about is 2 Thess 2:3 which says "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition" and be confident that as we are children of the day (not the night that these things should overtake us as a thief in the night) when he is revealed we shall know him (and look up)

1 Thess 5:1
Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night...

4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day.

Paul

John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name, those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Heb.2:13,14
And again, I will put my trust in Him, and again, Behold, I and the children which God hath given me.
...,..that through death , He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.

He conquered death.
Satan signed his own death warrant.

John 17:9
I pray for them, I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given Me, for they are thine,
And all mine are thine, and thine mine, and I am glorified in them.

1John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not, but he is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one touchest him not.

Perdition=Strong's #684, der of 622
Apoleia, apollumi,
To perish, destroy fully

Rev.9:11
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, Whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, Greek, Apollyon.

Abaddon#3= destroying angel
Appollyon#623=Apolluon, part of #622
Destroyer, Satan, Apollyon

Rev.17:8
The beast that thou sawest was, and is not, and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition.....
Rev.17:11,
And goeth into perdition..

So, no, I think not, That Judas, nor Solomon is the angel of the bottomless pit.

So you are saying Judas Iscariot is NOT lost?

The subjects were only God the Father, Jesus, and the disciples. He made no oblique inclusion to some other individual who is the angel of the bottomless pit. That is quite a stretch. Wow.

And the ultimate conclusion of your interpretation of the verses you quoted would be that only the angel of the bottomless pit was lost and that universalism is true... and it most definitely is not. John 3:16-18.

Revelation 20 (AV)
1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Where did two verses of scripture indicate Satan went to inhabit a human being?

Judas Iscariot (Luke 22:3 / John 13:26-27)!

And I did not say Solomon was the angel of the pit or the antichrist but was a type / ante-type.

Central theme to this end times passage is...

the gathering to the Lord
the revealing of the antichrist
the warning of deception
the giving over to the corrupt mind set

2 Thessalonians 2:1–11 (AV)
1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

The revealing of the man of lawlessness comes in two parts
the prophetic revelation in scripture
his actual advent in time / history / future

Until the scriptures were canonized and the Church was delivered from persecution enough to compare scriptures with scriptures many doctrines now long held truths were discovered. Some things are just too hard for people to swallow, so that leads them to "the lie" mentioned in verse 11 or at least blindness to the truth until the time of the actual revealing / advent.

IMHO Preterism is one of those deceptions that blind people about the prophecies of what is to come. Another is the traditions of man as manifested among the Church organizations which hinders the Church organism. "We Baptists believe this and such..." or "We Presbyterians believe so and so..." or "We Catholics believe non-catholics are lost anyway..."

The true LORD's Prayer (John chapter 17) had laced all through it the prayer for unity even as the Father and the Son are one... but the traditions of men (which nullifies the Word of God Mark 7:7-13) have divided and all but conquered "the Church."

Verse 11 above in the Greek has the article meaning "THE lie..."

Does it not behoove us to be certain beyond all shadow of doubt that we conform to God's truth rather than force what we want to be true upon... well, everything and everyone? We do that by testing all things by the Bible.

My thing is that the world has programmed me to think how much of a big deal the AC is. There are many Antichrist in the world. But just one Christ.

There are people on youtube right now that really go off on the antichrist and the mark of the beast.

Hey bigsodaexposer,

From what I've seen the world has been programmed to either be afraid of the AC (or anything related to prophecy) or to view it as superstitious religious hype.

The AC has a role in prophecy but the Revelation also says that the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus (Rev 19:10). The opening line of the Rev says it is a Revelation of Jesus. This makes me think that there is really no point in knowing the identity of the AC unless there is already a strong commitment to the teachings of Jesus.

I'm glad you brought up the Mark of the Beast, because it makes for an excellent example of this point. The prophecy says that without the Mark (on the hand) people will not be able to buy or sell. The answer to the Mark is found in Jesus' teachings about living by faith. He said we cannot work for God and money at the same time without cheating on one or the other. He said that we should consider the birds of the air and the flowers of the field precisely because they do not work for money, and yet God takes care of them.

He said our new job is to seek first the kingdom of Heaven and God will take care for the things we need. Unless people are prepared to take these teachings seriously, then it will not matter if they know for certain who the AC is or what the Mark is.

World banking is slowly, but surely, moving towards microchip implants for the purpose of buying and selling. I meet people everyday who say they would never take a microchip implant, but they will use credit cards, smart cards, tap-cards for travel, tap-cards for toll roads, internet banking and phone banking along with a large variety of other cashless payment methods. They don't seem to be able to look ahead to see where it's all leading. Quite aside from any religious implication, it's easy to see that microchip implants are the obvious outcome of all this movement towards cashless payment.

The technology has existed for decades already; it's just a matter of getting people used to something different. From gold coins, to coins of lesser value, to paper money, cheques, credits cards, smart cards, internet and phone banking; money has always been evolving. There is a clear pattern. It makes no sense to stubbornly insist that money will suddenly stop evolving at smartcards or phone banking, or that we will be able to continue using outdated currency just because we don't like the new currency.

You can't take gold coins into the grocery store; they are outdated as a means of common currency. The same thing will happen with cash as microchip banking becomes more and more common.

But knowing this will make little difference for those who have not considered what it will be like to reject buying and selling.

Hey bigsodaexposer,

From what I've seen the world has been programmed to either be afraid of the AC (or anything related to prophecy) or to view it as superstitious religious hype.

The AC has a role in prophecy but the Revelation also says that the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus (Rev 19:10). The opening line of the Rev says it is a Revelation of Jesus. This makes me think that there is really no point in knowing the identity of the AC unless there is already a strong commitment to the teachings of Jesus.

I'm glad you brought up the Mark of the Beast, because it makes for an excellent example of this point. The prophecy says that without the Mark (on the hand) people will not be able to buy or sell. The answer to the Mark is found in Jesus' teachings about living by faith. He said we cannot work for God and money at the same time without cheating on one or the other. He said that we should consider the birds of the air and the flowers of the field precisely because they do not work for money, and yet God takes care of them.

He said our new job is to seek first the kingdom of Heaven and God will take care for the things we need. Unless people are prepared to take these teachings seriously, then it will not matter if they know for certain who the AC is or what the Mark is.

World banking is slowly, but surely, moving towards microchip implants for the purpose of buying and selling. I meet people everyday who say they would never take a microchip implant, but they will use credit cards, smart cards, tap-cards for travel, tap-cards for toll roads, internet banking and phone banking along with a large variety of other cashless payment methods. They don't seem to be able to look ahead to see where it's all leading. Quite aside from any religious implication, it's easy to see that microchip implants are the obvious outcome of all this movement towards cashless payment.

The technology has existed for decades already; it's just a matter of getting people used to something different. From gold coins, to coins of lesser value, to paper money, cheques, credits cards, smart cards, internet and phone banking; money has always been evolving. There is a clear pattern. It makes no sense to stubbornly insist that money will suddenly stop evolving at smartcards or phone banking, or that we will be able to continue using outdated currency just because we don't like the new currency.

You can't take gold coins into the grocery store; they are outdated as a means of common currency. The same thing will happen with cash as microchip banking becomes more and more common.

But knowing this will make little difference for those who have not considered what it will be like to reject buying and selling.
I think you're right on about this. The problem is some people will prepare by storing food and preparing to not buy or sell while others are looking to be raptured. Makes me think of the wise and foolish virgins.

Central theme to this end times passage is...

the gathering to the Lord
the revealing of the antichrist
the warning of deception
the giving over to the corrupt mind set

2 Thessalonians 2:1–11 (AV)
1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

The revealing of the man of lawlessness comes in two parts
the prophetic revelation in scripture
his actual advent in time / history / future

Until the scriptures were canonized and the Church was delivered from persecution enough to compare scriptures with scriptures many doctrines now long held truths were discovered. Some things are just too hard for people to swallow, so that leads them to "the lie" mentioned in verse 11 or at least blindness to the truth until the time of the actual revealing / advent.

IMHO Preterism is one of those deceptions that blind people about the prophecies of what is to come. Another is the traditions of man as manifested among the Church organizations which hinders the Church organism. "We Baptists believe this and such..." or "We Presbyterians believe so and so..." or "We Catholics believe non-catholics are lost anyway..."

The true LORD's Prayer (John chapter 17) had laced all through it the prayer for unity even as the Father and the Son are one... but the traditions of men (which nullifies the Word of God Mark 7:7-13) have divided and all but conquered "the Church."

Verse 11 above in the Greek has the article meaning "THE lie..."

Does it not behoove us to be certain beyond all shadow of doubt that we conform to God's truth rather than force what we want to be true upon... well, everything and everyone? We do that by testing all things by the Bible.
So, are you saying that 2Thess.2:3 the son of perdition here is Judas ?
4, so he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
Where, when, did Judas do this?
Matt.24:15
When he therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place ( whosoever readeth, let him understand)
This is the son of perdition spoken in 2Thess. 2:3

The angel of the bottomless pit.

So you are saying Judas Iscariot is NOT lost?

The subjects were only God the Father, Jesus, and the disciples. He made no oblique inclusion to some other individual who is the angel of the bottomless pit. That is quite a stretch. Wow.

And the ultimate conclusion of your interpretation of the verses you quoted would be that only the angel of the bottomless pit was lost and that universalism is true... and it most definitely is not. John 3:16-18.

Revelation 20 (AV)
1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Where did two verses of scripture indicate Satan went to inhabit a human being?

Judas Iscariot (Luke 22:3 / John 13:26-27)!

And I did not say Solomon was the angel of the pit or the antichrist but was a type / ante-type.

John 8:39-44
Abraham is our father,

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do, He was a murderer from the beginning......

Now the conclusion is Heb 2:14
Came to destroy death, Satan..

1John 3:8
He that commith sin is of the devil, the devil sinneth from the beginning,
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

12; Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one...

First prophecy.
Gen.3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, between thy seed and her seed

It shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise His heel.

Christ and Satan
Rev.12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

ROM.16:20
And the God of peace, shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly..

Luke 10:18,19
I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Behold, I give you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy...

Rev.9:1
I saw a star fall from heaven,,
3, And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth, and given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
10, And they had tails like unto the scorpions, and there were stings in their tails,...

Anti- christ
Strong's # 500 from #473,
Opposite, instead of, substitute.

Rev.6:13
6th seal
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Harvested out of season

Mark 13:14
Abomination of desolation being set up....
18; And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.

Harvested out of season

6th trump

Rev.9:14
Loose the 4 angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
19, For their power is in their mouth and in their tails, and their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt.

6th vial
Rev.16:12
Poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates...
13; saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14, For they are spirits of devils, working miracles....

Thus, I believe the mark of the beast is the 6th seal, 6th trump, 6th vial.

Those that are deceived by him, will carry that mark in their forehead, their mind.

True Christ

7th seal
Which is the sounding of the trumps, but before that we see Rev.6:17
For the great day of His wrath is come and who shall be able to stand.

7th trump

Rev.11:15
The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ, and reign 4ever.
18, and the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, give reward to the prophets and the saints....

7th vial
Rev.16:17
It is done.
19, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath.

So I believe the True Christ's number is

Those that waited on the True Christ, have this seal in their foreheads, mind.
:yes

Judas was never a believer, the rest of them were, but not Judas..

John 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

tob

I think you're right on about this. The problem is some people will prepare by storing food and preparing to not buy or sell while others are looking to be raptured. Makes me think of the wise and foolish virgins.

The irony is that the "secret rapture" teaching IS meant to facilitate preparedness, in the sense that Jesus could return at any moment and so we need to be prepared at any moment. Tomorrow could be too late. An hour from now could be too late.

However, the same kind of preparedness it takes to meet Jesus at any moment is the same preparedness it takes to get through the tribulation or to deal with any of life's problems. The opening line of the Revelation describes it as a Revelation of Jesus to his servants. I don't think we need to be looking for suffering, but I do wonder if a desire to avoid suffering is really consistent with what it means to be a servant.

Those that are deceived by him, will carry that mark in their forehead, their mind.

Hi Diane. I'm curious as to how you interpret the "buy and sell" aspect of the Mark. I've heard before an interpretation that we hold money in our hand and think about money with our mind, but that interpretation seems to ring rather hollow in light of recent developments in world banking. Cashless banking is becoming more and more common and there is a definite trend toward microchips being placed in the hand as the next big thing.

For a world which believes it cannot live without money, the control of buying and selling amounts to de facto control over the world. But in the end it's not really money or microchips which the AC cares about. These things are just tools to turn people away from God.

It is our fear that he will exploit; fear of living without money; fear of what we will eat, drink or wear if we don't have the means to buy/sell. The real insult (to God) with the Mark is that people have been conned into believing that it is money which sustains their life rather than God. It's the same thing Jesus preached about in his sermon on the mount when he said we should not allow worry about material things stop us from working for love (i.e. seeking first the kingdom of Heaven) (Mattew 6:24-34).

Judas was never a believer, the rest of them were, but not Judas..

John 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

tob

John 6:64
But there are some of you that believe not, For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were, that believed not, and who should betray Him.

Plural, that believed not.
Then of course Judas betrayed Him.
Didn' t say he didn't believe Him, I really think, that Judas knew He was the Christ, and that He was to send His angels and set up His kingdom, not understanding the 2 advents.

John 6:66
From that time many of His disciples went back, and walked no more with Him.

67, Then said Jesus unto the 12, Will ye also go away?

Matt.27:3-10
Judas, Remorse
Verse 3, when he saw that Jesus was condemned, repented himself
Confession
Verse 4, I have sinned, betrayed innocent blood
Restoration
Cast down the silver and departed
Money returned

Money spent
Verse 6, Price of blood
Verse 7,8, Purchase
And they took counsel and bought the potters field, to bury strangers
Fulfillment

prophecy
9, Price of blood
10, purchase
And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back