Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Incarnation, A Sperm or a complete Fetus of Jesus.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Chopper

Several of us have different opinions of the Incarnation. Some think that the Holy Spirit implanted the sperm of Jesus to enter the Virgin womb of Mary in order to produce the Child Jesus. Or some other theory close to that.

I maintain that the complete Fetus of Immanuel entered the Virgin womb of Mary, and needed nothing from her except a warm womb, and nutrients thru her umbilical cord.

It is a scientific fact that the Blood of an infant is generated in the fetus itself, and the mother contributes nothing for the generation of blood in an infant.

Come on all you budding theologians, what do you believe?

Then, would she have carried Him full term as the Bible seems to imply?

Correct? Then she didn't carry Him full term? Or did?

The study in Matthew has brought this thought forward...
Having never given it much thought just simple acceptance.
IMO it does not make a difference which view one has , but the subject is sure interesting.
Another one of those topics that will have some of us ....
:whirl

Luke 1:35 35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

G4815
conceive
From G4862 and G2983; to clasp, that is, seize (arrest, capture); specifically to conceive (literally or figuratively); by implication to aid: - catch, conceive, help, take.

G4862
A primary preposition denoting union; with or together (but much closer than G3326 or G3844), that is, by association, companionship, process, resemblance, possession, instrumentality, addition, etc.: - beside, with. In compounds it has similar applications, including completeness.

G2983
A prolonged form of a primary verb, which is used only as an alternate in certain tenses; to take (in very many applications, literally and figuratively [probably objective or active, to get hold of; whereas G1209 is rather subjective or passive, to have offered to one; while G138 is more violent, to seize or remove]): - accept, + be amazed, assay, attain, bring, X when I call, catch, come on (X unto), + forget, have, hold, obtain, receive (X after), take (away, up).

Unless it specifically specifies which in the Bible, all we can really do is speculate. So I have no opinion on how God did it, unless someone can use scripture to back one of these up.

Trick questions? What exactly are you getting at? Of course Mary carried Him full term.
I asked because I had presented a question, and all you said was, "correct." It honestly didn't seem to answer anything to me.

I meant that if Jesus was planted as an already complete fetus (that process begins normally at around 8 weeks... and even then, not yet close to "complete") then wouldn't it stand to reason that there would be no need for Jesus, as complete, to stay in the womb for nine full months?

I'm inclined to believe the Bible when it said He experienced EVERYTHING we did........ and to me, that would include the entire gestation period.

I don't believe the actual mechanics of how the Holy Spirit accomplished the miracle of immaculate conception are relevant compared to the symbolism. What is important is that no human had any active part in the initiation of the conception. Human freewill tainted by original sin was not involved at all, in any way. But after Mary was pregnant, her only choice was wether or not to be obedient to God's will and carry to term. Joseph's only choice was wether to follow the dictates of Moses' law, or instead trust God's will by extending Grace to Mary and her unborn Child.

I don't believe the actual mechanics of how the Holy Spirit accomplished the miracle of immaculate conception are relevant compared to the symbolism. What is important is that no human had any active part in the initiation of the conception. Human freewill tainted by original sin was not involved at all, in any way. But after Mary was pregnant, her only choice was wether or not to be obedient to God's will and carry to term. Joseph's only choice was wether to follow the dictates of Moses' law, or instead trust God's will by extending Grace to Mary and her unborn Child.
yup

I think the conception of a human child is one thing and the conception of Jesus is another.
But I do not believe that He was an implanted fetus.
Jesus had to be a man and die as a real, flesh and blood man in order to redeem mankind.

Genesis says, The seed of the woman.
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Galatians says,
Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

I believe God purposed and through the Holy Spirit, He caused life to begin in Mary. Her egg was given the very life of God.
What makes Jesus different from us in this instance is He had a human mother but not a human father. His was/is the Father. Because His father is the Father, He was not born into sin and death like the rest of us who's father is Adam.
Therefore, He had/has the nature of His Father. Not a nature prone to sin, like us.

conception takes place in the fallopian tube

that used to be true, most of the time normally. one sign of how wicked the times(society) are today, in

the last 50 years, 50,236,122 conceptions have taken place in test tubes. then implanted in utero.

if i remember right from the sites exposing the money doctors, and
unbeknownst to the receivers of a fertilized egg, for every egg artifially fertilized and brought to term, around 15 (fertilized) eggs that started to grow are terminated somewhere along the line, from before implantation to several months later.

In my opening remark I said that I believe that a whole fetus was implanted into Mary's womb. What I hoped would happen, happened. NOW, this is the BIG question that I really have. As Willie pointed out, if it was a complete fetus, the gestation period would not be the same as with a "normal" child. SO, Just what did the Holy Spirit place in Mary's womb, and just what did Mary contribute to the formation of Jesus' body. The nature of Jesus is important to trace. The Divine part of Jesus is important. Jesus was the God/Man. I'm extremely interested in knowing where the God part came from, and the Man part came from. It's too easy just to say that the God part came from His Father and the Man part came from His mother Mary.

Are we stuck with this simple explanation? Or are there Scripture, as Sinthesis suggested to support each part of Jesus. This could be very interesting, as Reba pointed out to me, very interesting indeed!

Back