Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Incarnation, A Sperm or a complete Fetus of Jesus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
try this then, for example - when you want to grow watermelon in the garden , do you plant a small watermelon ? or do you plant a watermelon seed ?
when a mere and sinful man (doctor or otherwise) wants to have a baby with his wife and 'artificially' does what he can to try this, does he put a small body inside his wife, or a seed (i.e. sperm) ?

why is there any thought at all that Yhvh would change what He has said in how everything reproduces and go against His Own Word in preparing the body for Yeshua to inhabit ?

No doubt there was an "egg" involved. No doubt the zygote developed normally as any other human. I'm only saying God would have had no need for sperm.
It doesn't matter either way, though. I'm only speculating.

Matthew Henry Commentary
Genesis 3:15
Notice is here given them of three things concerning Christ:—(1.) His incarnation, that he should be the seed of the woman, the seed of that woman; therefore his genealogy (Lu. 3) goes so high as to show him to be the son of Adam, but God does the woman the honour to call him rather her seed, because she it was whom the devil had beguiled, and on whom Adam had laid the blame; herein God magnifies his grace, in that, though the woman was first in the transgression, yet she shall be saved by child-bearing (as some read it), that is, by the promised seed who shall descend from her, 1 Tim. 2:15. He was likewise to be the seed of a woman only, of a virgin, that he might not be tainted with the corruption of our nature; he was sent forth, made of a woman (Gal. 4:4), that this promise might be fulfilled. It is a great encouragement to sinners that their Saviour is the seed of the woman, bone of our bone, Heb. 2:11, 14. Man is therefore sinful and unclean, because he is born of a woman (Job 25:4), and therefore his days are full of trouble, Job 14:1. But the seed of the woman was made sin and a curse for us, so saving us from both.

try this then, for example - when you want to grow watermelon in the garden , do you plant a small watermelon ? or do you plant a watermelon seed ?
when a mere and sinful man (doctor or otherwise) wants to have a baby with his wife and 'artificially' does what he can to try this, does he put a small body inside his wife, or a seed (i.e. sperm) ?

why is there any thought at all that Yhvh would change what He has said in how everything reproduces and go against His Own Word in preparing the body for Yeshua to inhabit ?
Is it possible you are lowering God to our standard and putting Him in the same box as we? I personally believe God could create a man fully adult and alive and he would still be a man in every respect.

The first Adam and the last Adam (Jesus) were the only two that came into life without the seed of man. The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary and used her seed (egg) and breathed the life of Christ (fetus) in her womb. Adam had a relationship with God, but yet passed on that of a fallen nature, but Jesus inherited the Father's nature as He was already indwelled with Gods Spirit as He was the word of God made flesh and could never be found in a fallen state.

Jesus had to be conceived through the seed of Mary born under the law to be able to fulfill that of the law through His life, death and resurrection.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The first Adam and the last Adam (Jesus) were the only two that came into life without the seed of man. The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary and used her seed (egg) and breathed the life of Christ (fetus) in her womb. Adam had a relationship with God, but yet passed on that of a fallen nature, but Jesus inherited the Father's nature as He was already indwelled with Gods Spirit as He was the word of God made flesh and could never be found in a fallen state.

Jesus had to be conceived through the seed of Mary born under the law to be able to fulfill that of the law through His life, death and resurrection.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I agree, this is a very good post. Especially the scriptures.

Mat 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Several of us have different opinions of the Incarnation. Some think that the Holy Spirit implanted the sperm of Jesus to enter the Virgin womb of Mary in order to produce the Child Jesus. Or some other theory close to that.

I maintain that the complete Fetus of Immanuel entered the Virgin womb of Mary, and needed nothing from her except a warm womb, and nutrients thru her umbilical cord.

It is a scientific fact that the Blood of an infant is generated in the fetus itself, and the mother contributes nothing for the generation of blood in an infant.

Come on all you budding theologians, what do you believe?

Neither sperm nor fetus -Why would the One who spoke a body out of dust of the earth (Genesis) need sperm to fertilize Mary's egg?

Can these bones live? Get the picture

Ezekiel 37

How many loaves of bread and how many fish did Jesus start with to feed five thousand people? How much was left over? Get the picture?

R.

Except scripture makes it clear that Mary carried Jesus. It didn't have to be done that way, but it was. We were just discussing the absence of sperm, but there was definitely a fetus.

Boy oh boy. I have been pouring over various doctrines, teachings, pretty much anything dealing with the incarnation or blood. I have not come up with anything concrete.

Somehow, a fetus was miraculously in Mary's womb. How it got there, only the Holy Spirit knows because He is the One who overshadowed Mary and either placed something into her womb that would produce holy divine blood, and compared with human blood which is just human. Only divine Blood traveled thru Jesus' veins, and is the payment for sin.

I see two places in Scripture where it says Lk. 1:31 "You will conceive." The vary word conceive pictures in my mind the sperm of a man, fertilizing the egg of a woman. the conception process produces a child. The blood comes from the father and is generated in the fetus, the the body or flesh is produced thru the woman as well as the nutrients for the child to grow. So far, I have found nothing to support my feeling that the Holy Spirit thru a miracle, placed the holy divine sperm of Jesus in Mary's womb.

I guess if God wanted me to know just how this conception was done by Him, He would have told me. So I'm done with this thread, unless someone else has something to add.

Somehow, a fetus was miraculously in Mary's womb. How it got there, only the Holy Spirit knows because He is the One who overshadowed Mary and either placed something into her womb that would produce holy divine blood, and compared with human blood which is just human. Only divine Blood traveled thru Jesus' veins, and is the payment for sin.

What verse teaches he had anything but human blood in him? The Greek uses the same word for Yeshua's blood as it does for the blood of men like the prophets. Divine blood was not required for the payment of sin. Only sinless blood was required.

So far, I have found nothing to support my feeling that the Holy Spirit thru a miracle, placed the holy divine sperm of Jesus in Mary's womb.

This makes it sound like "Jesus" put his own sperm into Mary to fertilize her egg. Is that what you mean? Or did you mean, "the holy divine fetus of Jesus"? If you are trinitarian, wouldn't it be the Holy Spirit's sperm or even the Father's sperm that conceived the Son? BTW, I know full well that neither the Father nor the HS have sperm. I was speaking from your point of view.

What verse teaches he had anything but human blood in him? The Greek uses the same word for Yeshua's blood as it does for the blood of men like the prophets. Divine blood was not required for the payment of sin. Only sinless blood was required.

Did you mean 'sinless blood' or the blood of a 'sinless man'?

This makes it sound like "Jesus" put his own sperm into Mary to fertilize her egg. Is that what you mean? Or did you mean, "the holy divine fetus of Jesus"? If you are trinitarian, wouldn't it be the Holy Spirit's sperm or even the Father's sperm that conceived the Son? BTW, I know full well that neither the Father nor the HS have sperm. I was speaking from your point of view.

Wow! Do you actually believe that Jesus' Blood was human? Oh my, since when has human blood ever been sinless, and don't say only in Jesus please. Medical Science even knows that the blood in an infant comes from the father. In this case Jesus' Blood came from His Father.

Wow! Do you actually believe that Jesus' Blood was human? Oh my, since when has human blood ever been sinless, and don't say only in Jesus please. Medical Science even knows that the blood in an infant comes from the father. In this case Jesus' Blood came from His Father.

The Father doesn't have blood. He is a Spirit. Yeshua's blood was sinless because he didn't have a human father.

creation before the fall

I'm not following you. Was your "in the beginning" comment directed to me? If so, I have no idea what you are getting at. How does that relate to blood?

Reba, Lets give my thread 7 more days for comments, and if no new evidence shows up, then close it please. If we let it go too long, I'm afraid we'll get some pretty weird opinions.

Actually, I really liked Deborah's #16 post. It spoke to me as very close to the truth. She had other posts that I liked as well. I give her an A+ :sohappy

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back