Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The likely order of End-Time events according to the Bible

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Rather than speculate the plain teaching of Elijah's translation is incorrect, its better to admit nothing in Elijah's Letter (2 Chron. 21:12-15) proves Elijah wasn't translated to heaven.

He could have penned it in heaven and angels delivered it:

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. (Heb. 13:2 NKJ)

You cited the Jewish Encyclopedia, but better than them are Keil and Delitzsch who, after looking at all the facts, conclude no one can say Elijah was not translated into heaven. Only that Lightfoot's proof he was isn't that strong. I, on the other hand, thought it quite strong, just not a smoking gun.

In regard to this statement, we need not be surprised that nothing is elsewhere told us of any written prophecies of Elijah; for we have no circumstantial accounts of his prophetic activity, by which we might estimate the circumstances which may have induced him in this particular instance to commit his prophecy to writing. But, on the other hand, it is very questionable if Elijah was still alive in the reign of Joram of Judah. His translation to heaven is narrated in 2 Kings 2, between the reign of Ahaziah and Joram of Israel, but the year of the event is nowhere stated in Scripture. In the Jewish Chronicle Seder olam, 2 Chron. 22:1, it is indeed placed in the second year of Ahaziah of Israel; but this statement is not founded upon historical tradition, but is a mere deduction from the fact that his translation is narrated in 2 Kings 2 immediately after Ahaziah’s death; and the last act of Elijah of which we have any record (2 Kings 1) falls in the second year of that king. Lightfoot, indeed (Opp. i. p. 85), Ramb., and Dereser have concluded from 2 Kings 3:11 that Elijah was taken away from the earth in the reign of Jehoshaphat, because according to that passage, in the campaign against the Moabites, undertaken in company with Joram of Israel, Jehoshaphat inquired for a prophet, and received the answer that Elisha was there, who had poured water upon the hands of Elijah. But the only conclusion to be drawn from that is, that in the camp, or near it, was Elisha, Elijah’s servant, not that Elijah was no longer upon earth.

Keil, C. F., & Delitzsch, F. (1996). Commentary on the Old Testament (Vol. 3, p. 643). Hendrickson.
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

You said: He could have penned it in heaven and angels delivered it:

That is only an assumption on your part as according to John 3:13 no one has ever ascended up to heaven other that Jesus.

There came writing to Jehoram from Elijah the prophet, saying..." (2Chron 21:12). Now the wickedness of Jehoram, for which he was being rebuked in the letter, took place after Elijah was taken away, yet the letter speaks of these things as past events, and the punishment to come upon him as yet future. So the idea of some, that Elijah wrote the letter before he was removed by the whirlwind, is proved wrong.

Elijah was taken up by the whirlwind into the first heaven and transported to another location on Earth. God did not see fit in His purpose to reveal his whereabouts. Chariot of fire is used at times figuratively for host (angels) like in 2 Kings 2:11, 12: 6:17; Psalms 68:17; 104:1-4. Elijah, by his prayers and his counsel was the "chariot of Israel and the horseman thereof", meaning Elijah was the stronghold of Israel, the driving force of God. The Israelite's never used chariots till the time of David.

When you compare 2 Kings 2:11-15 with 2 Kings 6:17 you see that God sent the host/angels down to Elijah who caught him up in a whirlwind and translated him to parts unknown. Several years after he was taken away King Jehoram received a letter from him.

What some people do not know is that there are three heavens. The first heaven is the Atmosphere, the air surrounding the earth. Birds fly "in the heaven" - certainly not to God's throne. We read in Genesis l:2 of "foul that may fly above the Earth in the open firmament of heaven." Jacob, when blessing Isaac, said: "God give you of the dew of heaven," and Moses was joyful that the "heavens shall drop down dew" (Gen.27:28; Deut.33:28). The dew comes from the first heaven - the atmosphere. The second heaven is the expanse of this awesome universe - where the stars, moon and planets are. The Psalmists often wrote about the "Heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon, and the stars, which you have ordained" (Ps.8:3; Gen.1:15-17). The third heaven is where the throne of God exists, where the heavenly temple is found and the heavenly Jerusalem.

2 Chronicles Chapter 21 - Jehoram, being the son of Jehoshaphat, was 32 when he began his reign in Israel. He married Ahab's daughter and was a wicked king who reigned for eight years. According to scripture Elijah was taken up in a whirlwind, 2 Kings 2:11-13. The heaven Elijah went up to was only the first heaven being the atmosphere as there are three heavens described in scripture as the throne of God is in the third heaven. A whirlwind can only happen within the atmosphere of the first heaven. During the reign of Jehoram he received a letter from Elijah, 2 Chronicles 21:12-15. How could he receive a letter from Elijah if he was with God in the third heaven? Elijah being caught up to heaven is the same as Phillip being caught up in the first heaven and carried thirty miles away, Acts 8:39, 40. The only difference is that when the fifty men searched for Elijah they could not find him as he was translated further than their search. Phillip was found within the thirty mile radius where he was translated to.

My post is #2. Besides, referring me to a post, where I have to scan to pick out from all those words, the precise sentence or two you want me to read, is absurd.

Cite your analogies again, and how they prove your point.
Sorry, but my post is #2 and apparently you did not want to be bothered reading it or you would have seen where I likened things to other things. I'm not going to bother to waste my time on you if you are not going to read my post.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

You said: He could have penned it in heaven and angels delivered it:

That is only an assumption on your part as according to John 3:13 no one has ever ascended up to heaven other that Jesus.
Guess you didn't read my post #9 addressing this precises misinterpretation:

A verse out of context becomes a pretext. In context, the discussion is about those who have witnessed heavenly things and brought that knowledge back to earth:

11 "Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.
12 "If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
13 "No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.
(Jn. 3:11-13 NKJ)

No one has ascended to heaven [and then returned to testify what they have seen] but He who came down from heaven.

Sorry, but my post is #2 and apparently you did not want to be bothered reading it or you would have seen where I likened things to other things. I'm not going to bother to waste my time on you if you are not going to read my post.
Not so. I have limited time, that is a a long post; I have no clue what "analogies you believe are pertinent" now. Its very easy for you to copy paste the analogy you refer to, and what argument you are making from it.

I did similar to that in the post above, didn't ask you to reread an earlier post. If you don't want my comment, don't bother. Then I wont either.

Not so. I have limited time, that is a a long post; I have no clue what "analogies you believe are pertinent" now. Its very easy for you to copy paste the analogy you refer to, and what argument you are making from it.

I did similar to that in the post above, didn't ask you to reread an earlier post. If you don't want my comment, don't bother. Then I wont either.
I also have limited time, but I do take the time to read all post no matter how long they are in order to understand the views of others without misrepresenting or misquoting others. No one owns a thread even if they started one as all threads are opened for honest discussions and we need to respect the views and understandings of others even if we disagree at times. If you want healthy discussions then you need to read the full of ones reply before commenting on them.

I also have limited time, but I do take the time to read all post no matter how long they are in order to understand the views of others without misrepresenting or misquoting others. No one owns a thread even if they started one as all threads are opened for honest discussions and we need to respect the views and understandings of others even if we disagree at times. If you want healthy discussions then you need to read the full of ones reply before commenting on them.
We see this different. While the OP should present a full picture, a response disputing it need only focus on a main point which, if wrong, invalidates the OP.

When I disagree with a position, I focus on the main point or foundation of that position and don't comment on the rest.

If the foundation is impossible, the house built on it can't be built. So why discuss the house? I focus on its foundation. Then, if its proved true, I then discuss various rooms in the house.

So you fault I treat only the main idea, which if wrong invalidates everything built upon the error.

I find no fault with that methodology at all and prefer it. It gets to the heart of the matter quickly.

We see this different. While the OP should present a full picture, a response disputing it need only focus on a main point which, if wrong, invalidates the OP.

When I disagree with a position, I focus on the main point or foundation of that position and don't comment on the rest.

If the foundation is impossible, the house built on it can't be built. So why discuss the house? I focus on its foundation. Then, if its proved true, I then discuss various rooms in the house.

So you fault I treat only the main idea, which if wrong invalidates everything built upon the error.

I find no fault with that methodology at all and prefer it. It gets to the heart of the matter quickly.
We call that cherry picking as you only take the parts, but not the full of what others are posting. This is why so many see things differently because they do not read the full of what others write. There is no problem in disagreeing, but at least read the full replies.

We call that cherry picking as you only take the parts, but not the full of what others are posting. This is why so many see things differently because they do not read the full of what others write. There is no problem in disagreeing, but at least read the full replies.
Not cherry picking, counter argument. When the cornerstone is removed from a house of cards, the entire falls. That is the goal of a counter-argument.

But cherry picking would be better than what you do, ignore the premises of what you reply to. For example, the OP wasn't addressed by you at all. You ignored it in post #2.

I returned the favor in Post #3, dismissing your position as glibly as you dismissed mine.

Then in Post 4 you alleged I made a mistake and on the basis of that "fact" build a house of cards:

"First I would like to say scripture never speaks of seven years, but only seven trumpets of God's great wrath being poured out into the world. I see all within the events of the seven trumpets to be very literal and not symbolic. Here is my understanding of the three woes.- Post #4"

So I removed the card holding up your house of cards in Post #5. If you are wrong about the length of the End Time Week, which is so easily discerned, why should anyone trust the rest of your conclusions about Revelation?

Notice i went for the jugular, your claim I made a mistake. i didn't cherry pick at all:

The End Time Week is seven years long, it begins with Moses and Elijah preaching for 42 months. Then antichrist ascends out of the abyss of spiritism and kills them. He then reigns for 42 months:

3 "And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth.

7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. (Rev. 11:3-7 NKJ)

The first half of the end time week the antichrist is claiming to be "the Christ" so he doesn't kill them. But at mid-week the "man of sin" false Christ declares he is the "son of destruction" antichrist and then he slays God's prophets and begins persecuting the church. Notice the beast begins with a "lions mouth" but after 42 months, becomes the antichrist and is given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemy:

2 Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.
4 So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"
5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.
6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.
7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.
(Rev. 13:2-7 NKJ)

Therefore, the end time week is 7 years long.

That is not cherry picking, its counter argument.

Evidently you are unfamiliar with defending your positions logically.

Counter argument, proving the conclusion false by disproving premises, is not cherry picking. Its how successful debate is done.

Last edited:
Not cherry picking, counter argument. When the cornerstone is removed from a house of cards, the entire falls. That is the goal of a counter-argument.

But cherry picking would be better than what you do, ignore the premises of what you reply to. For example, the OP wasn't addressed by you at all. You ignored it in post #2.

I returned the favor in Post #3, dismissing your position as glibly as you dismissed mine.

Then in Post 4 you alleged I made a mistake and on the basis of that "fact" build a house of cards:

"First I would like to say scripture never speaks of seven years, but only seven trumpets of God's great wrath being poured out into the world. I see all within the events of the seven trumpets to be very literal and not symbolic. Here is my understanding of the three woes.- Post #4"

So I removed the card holding up your house of cards in Post #5. If you are wrong about the length of the End Time Week, which is so easily discerned, why should anyone trust the rest of your conclusions about Revelation?

Notice i went for the jugular, your claim I made a mistake. i didn't cherry pick at all:

The End Time Week is seven years long, it begins with Moses and Elijah preaching for 42 months. Then antichrist ascends out of the abyss of spiritism and kills them. He then reigns for 42 months:

3 "And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth.

7 When they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them. (Rev. 11:3-7 NKJ)

The first half of the end time week the antichrist is claiming to be "the Christ" so he doesn't kill them. But at mid-week the "man of sin" false Christ declares he is the "son of destruction" antichrist and then he slays God's prophets and begins persecuting the church. Notice the beast begins with a "lions mouth" but after 42 months, becomes the antichrist and is given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemy:

2 Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.
4 So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"
5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.
6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.
7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.
(Rev. 13:2-7 NKJ)

Therefore, the end time week is 7 years long.

That is not cherry picking, its counter argument.

Evidently you are unfamiliar with defending your positions logically.

Counter argument, proving the conclusion false by disproving premises, is not cherry picking. Its how successful debate is done.
I addressed that video in my post #2 giving my understanding as I did not agree with that guys interpretation, nor yours.

Seventy weeks that Daniel taught is different from what others claim to be seven years of tribulation. If we would let go of all those bandwagon money making teachings of men, as even I fell for them wasting my money, and get back into the word for what has already been written then we can see there is nowhere in scripture that speaks of a pretrib Rapture or a seven year tribulation in the end of days.

If you want to only use parts of ones reply without trying to discuss the full of what one post then you will never have a healthy discussion, but only give a one sided argument against others you disagree with. I do not argue nor debate the word of God, but only give my understanding of what I learn by reading and studying what has already been written. Am I or anyone always right, no, but to discuss our indifferences in hopes of learning something we never saw before, which you seem to care not to do.

Daniel 9:24 “Seventy weeks are determined upon your people” Seventy weeks is 70 x 7 days which is 490 prophetic days, which on the day for a year rule is 490 years.

Daniel 9:25 “Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.”

Daniel 9:25 states that from the decree to rebuild the temple until the Messiah (means anointed one), which can only be Jesus, is 7 weeks and threescore and two weeks, Three score is 60, plus two equals 62 weeks. So this is 7 + 62 = 69 weeks from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem until the beginning of Christ’s ministry. The ministry of Jesus began with His baptism around the age of thirty. Luke 3:22-23

So how do we get the year of baptism to be 27 A.D. when it states Jesus was about thirty years old? When the time of this was first calculated there was an error of 4 years made as many now know. Herod was still alive when Christ was born and did all he could to try and kill Jesus at that time. But History records Herod’s death to be in 4 B.C. After the error was recognized, the historic facts became even clearer. Jesus was born in 4 B.C. and then baptized in 27 A.D. at the age of 30.

The 7 weeks (49 days = 49 years) was the time it took to rebuild the Temple and streets etc and the remaining 62 weeks brings us to the Baptism of the Messiah. Note that Christ means the “anointed one” in Greek while Messiah means the “anointed one” in Hebrew.

Daniel 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.”

This leaves only the final 70th week, which is 7 years to complete the 70 weeks of Daniel, (7 + 62 + 1 = 70 weeks or 490 years). We are told that after the threescore and two weeks (60 + 2 = 62) that the Messiah would be cut off. In other words, cut off from the land of the living, that is, killed by crucifixion. This happens after the 62 week period which follows the 7 weeks, so this is 69 weeks into the prophecy. Note that is says “after” this time period and not at the end of the 69 weeks exactly. So how long after the 62nd week was it when Jesus was crucified?

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.”

Daniel 9:27 shows us exactly when after the total of 69 weeks (483 days/483 prophetic years in the day as a year principle) Jesus was cut off, but not for Himself for He was cut off for us as He died for our sins. Note that it states that He, Jesus, caused the sacrifice and the oblation to cease in the middle of the final week (7 years), which is 3.5 years of course. When Jesus, the Lamb of God, died on the cross, He became our one and final perfect sacrifice and put an end to the temple sacrifices. This was signified by the temple curtain being torn from top to bottom. Matthew 27:51

This still leaves 3.5 years before the end of Daniel’s 70 weeks (490 years) and the close of probation for Israel. The Gospel was still to go to the Jews exclusively for this remaining time. So what happened at the end of the 490 years? Stephen gave one immense and very significant speech before the Sanhedrin. This was God giving the Jews their final chance to repent. How did they respond and what did they do?

Acts 7:54-60 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth. 55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. 57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, 58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. 59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. 60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.”

Notice that this is an extremely significant event as we see Stephen say, “I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.” It is also interesting to note that Stephen effectively said, “Father forgive them for they know not what they do.” The final 3.5 years, which was the same time period of the ministry of Jesus Christ, ended with the death of Stephen and him effectively saying the same words as Jesus when He was crucified. This marked the end of a very significant time period being the end of the Daniel’s 70 weeks.

In the autumn of the year 34 A.D., the Jewish leaders rejected the Gospel message. They openly declared this rejection by the stoning of Stephen that was approved wholly by the leaders of Israel. The sad historical fact is Stephen was the first Christian martyr killed by the hands of the Jewish nation itself. The 490 years were up and the Jews not only did not repent but they killed the very Messiah they had been waiting for as well as the final messenger that was sent to give them their final chance to repent. The Jews were now rejected as God’s chosen nation and were no different from the Gentiles.

After Jesus was baptized by John, Jesus states the following. Mark 1:15 “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.” What is this time that is fulfilled that Jesus speaks of here? I am sure you already know but note the following Bible Commentary for confirmation.

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

When the son of perdition takes his literal seat in the holy place of Jerusalem, 2Thessalonians 2:1-5, Jesus warned us to flee as He has a place prepared for us wherever we go to, Matthew 24:15-21; Rev 12:14. At this time many Christians will be taken captive that did not heed the warning to flee and if they will not denounce Christ and bow down and take the mark of this beast, who falsely claims peace and safety to all who takes its mark, they will die a martyr's death.

God's protection is absolute to those who are His own and escape into the wilderness as they trust in Christ to help meet their needs. Just as God told Moses to strike the rock for fresh water, Exodus 17:1-7, and sending manna down from heaven and providing Quail for meat, Exodus 16, so will be the same in the end of days, Philippians 4:19.

Nut shell scenario of what will happen during the first six trumpets of Rev Chapter 8-11 that leads up to the seventh trumpet and the 3 1/2 years events of Chapter 13 with the beast out of the sea and out of the earth.

God’s wrath is poured out into the world as chastisements for disobedience, but also a warning that man needs to repent and turn back to God before the door of salvation is closed forever when Christ returns.

Hail and fire can be likened unto meteors that fall from the sky. A third of the trees and all the green grass are burned up which makes a third part of the world with a shortage of oxygen in the air that is created from the carbon dioxide from the trees and living plants. Seeing that this is Global the intense fire and smoke from all the trees and grass burning can travel for miles causing much more damage throughout the nations. The trees that produce various healthy foods for our wellbeing will become scarce. The green grasses that would probably include crops of wheat, barley, corn and so forth will be destroyed causing a shortage in food. The animals we depend on as a food source will also die as they are left without vegetation they need to live on.

This great mountain burning with fire could be a large asteroid as the third part of the sea is destroyed along with sea life and the third part of the ships that sit in it. The third part of the sea turned to blood by reason of all the animal life that is killed and those men, women and children who are on these ships that are destroyed. Take into consideration the disease that would spread from all the rotted sea life that is rotting away washing up on the shore and the flesh of those who were burned along with the ships.

These ships will more than likely be types of fuel tankers, merchant, fishing and luxury cruises ships traveling the waters. With the third of these ships being destroyed means a third part of the world’s fuel and food supply would be destroyed. There is only one ocean, but divided by four regions as being the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Arctic Ocean, and the Indian Ocean. This would be like the four corners of the earth as being North, South, East and West. The only difference between the ocean and the sea is that the ocean is much larger and feeds into the 108 seas around the world that also flow into our lakes and streams that provide us with fresh drinking water and other sources of food.

With the third part of the sun, moon and stars being darkened this will affect mans source of electricity and heat that is vital to keep a certain degree of the earth warm, and generated power in homes, hospitals and manufacturing plants including nuclear reactors.

Agriculture and navigation would be hard pressed as it takes the solar power from the sun to run the solar cells that produces the energy needed to run farming machinery and trucks to take the produce to manufacturing plants where the produce is then distributed to market.

Vehicles such as cars, ambulances, planes, trains and the list goes on need an energy source from the sun in order to run their engines. The darkness of the third part of the day would be roughly around eight hours of daylight being lost and total darkness of night as the moon and stars are illuminated by the sun at night. A flashlight would be useless to see in the dark as it needs energy from the sun to run the battery that turns the light on.

This much darkness would cause people to panic in the streets creating chaos as the love of many will wax cold, Matthew 24:12. Riots would break out causing looting and lose of life as those who have not will do anything in desperation to take from those who have much. IMO Marshal law will be enforced as we see history repeat itself with many Christians taken captive that did not flee and killed as they refuse to denounce Christ and take the mark. They will also die a martyr's death, Rev 6:9-11, especially vs. 11. Also we are not to fear what man can do to us, Matthew 10:28.

This is where the mark of the beast comes in during the seventh trumpet as this NWO is a Luciferian system of economics, political, military, educational, environmental and false religious power that gives power to the beast out of the earth being the son of perdition. By lying signs and wonders the beast will deceive the nations (people) into taking its mark. IMO I think the mark is the thoughts of our mind and the actions of our hands reaching out to this beast that promises peace, safety and provision as many will bow down and worship this beast who claims to be God.

After the 3 1/2 years of this Luciferian reign on earth that will wear out the saints, Daniel 7:25, then every eye will see Christ coming in the clouds with His army of angels that are then sent out to gather those saints who are alive at His coming and those who sleep in their graves, Matthew 24:29-31; 1 Corinthians 15:51-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Rev 19:11-21. We are gathered up to the clouds as we receive our new glorified bodies in order to meet Jesus in the air. From the air He destroys the beast and false prophet by the brightness of His coming only speaking their destruction casting them into the lake of fire. Satan is bound for a time as Jesus sets out to destroy all the nations that followed after the beast. Satan is then released in a final attempt to destroy the saints as he sends his angels out to surround the camp of the saints, but the angels are consumed by fire and Satan cast into the lake of fire. Then comes God's great white throne judgment and the books are opened and all are judged. Then this present heaven and earth are burned up and made new again and the New Jerusalem is ushered down from heaven where we will be with the Lord forever.
When did Jesus warn US to flee? Clearly, He is speaking to those very disciples right there with Him in Matthew 24 (Mark 13; Luke 21). Jesus told them that all of the things He was predicting would happen to THEM. They were to hear of wars and rumors of wars but they were not to be alarmed. They were to be hated and killed for His names' sake. They were to see the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel the Prophet. They were to hear of false Christs, but THEY were not to go out to them. THEY were to recognize the signs of His coming as surely as THEY recognized the signs of the coming of summer in the budding of the tree. Jesus gave the timing in plain words: "THIS generation [HIS generation] will by no means pass away until ALL THESE THINGS take place" (vs. 34). That included His coming in the clouds with His angels

When the Romans armies surrounded Jerusalem in A.D. 70, the Christians heeded Jesus' warning and escape the city and fled to Pella. Second Thessalonians is also NOT about us. Those very Thessalonians of THAT day knew the man of lawlessness. He was someone of their day. In the first chapter, Paul commend them for their faith and comforts them in their persecution by telling them that THEY themselves will be vindicated and their tormentors will be judged by God and given the same treatment they had given the Jews. When would this happen to those very Jews? AT HIS APPEARING. THEY would be given relief at His Parousia in THEIR day.

The book of Revelation is also not about us and our time. Notice that John was shown those things which were in that very day to SHORTLY take place; the time was then NEAR. We find this timing given clearly in both the first chapter and the last (Rev. 1:1, 3; 22:6, 10). The Revelation is about the events leading up to a including the fall of Jerusalem and the Temple in A.D. 70. WE are also not the subjects of Paul's words in 1 Thessalonians 4. When Paul said "we," he meant himself and those of HIS day.

We cannot understand these things unless and until we put them in their proper context and acknowledge the audience relevance of the writers' words.

When did Jesus warn US to flee? Clearly, He is speaking to those very disciples right there with Him in Matthew 24 (Mark 13; Luke 21). Jesus told them that all of the things He was predicting would happen to THEM. They were to hear of wars and rumors of wars but they were not to be alarmed. They were to be hated and killed for His names' sake. They were to see the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel the Prophet. They were to hear of false Christs, but THEY were not to go out to them. THEY were to recognize the signs of His coming as surely as THEY recognized the signs of the coming of summer in the budding of the tree. Jesus gave the timing in plain words: "THIS generation [HIS generation] will by no means pass away until ALL THESE THINGS take place" (vs. 34). That included His coming in the clouds with His angels

When the Romans armies surrounded Jerusalem in A.D. 70, the Christians heeded Jesus' warning and escape the city and fled to Pella. Second Thessalonians is also NOT about us. Those very Thessalonians of THAT day knew the man of lawlessness. He was someone of their day. In the first chapter, Paul commend them for their faith and comforts them in their persecution by telling them that THEY themselves will be vindicated and their tormentors will be judged by God and given the same treatment they had given the Jews. When would this happen to those very Jews? AT HIS APPEARING. THEY would be given relief at His Parousia in THEIR day.

The book of Revelation is also not about us and our time. Notice that John was shown those things which were in that very day to SHORTLY take place; the time was then NEAR. We find this timing given clearly in both the first chapter and the last (Rev. 1:1, 3; 22:6, 10). The Revelation is about the events leading up to a including the fall of Jerusalem and the Temple in A.D. 70. WE are also not the subjects of Paul's words in 1 Thessalonians 4. When Paul said "we," he meant himself and those of HIS day.

We cannot understand these things unless and until we put them in their proper context and acknowledge the audience relevance of the writers' words.
Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

That happened in 70AD

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The disciples asked Jesus three questions. When shall these things be? what shall the be the sign of thy coming? and of the end of the world? Matthew 24:4-28 Jesus tells His disciples of all the things that must come first before He returns on the last day. Some things were in their time that they witnessed and yet still many things that will continue as this world waxes worse until the time of Christ second coming. Jesus gave them as well as all of us throughout the generations the greatest sign to watch for before He returns.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

What Jesus said in Matthew 24:29-31 has not happened yet, but no man knows the day or the hour, but will be like that days of Noah when the flood came and everyone was washed away except Noah and his family who were obedient to God's command.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Back