Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Nature of the Soul and Hell

BB1956

So, because one is spirit and the other is flesh, they cannot be the same person?

How many persons are we, seeing as we are body, soul and spirit?

Are we three persons?
Human Beings are not three persons in one, because Human Beings are Souls, Human Beings don't have Souls, that's what the scriptures teach us.
The idea of human beings having souls is from false religion. Those of false religion didn't believe in death but instead they believed that human beings have souls. So at death they believed a human beings soul continued living in another plain of existence so death to them was just a doorway to another plain of existence. They believe a person continues living. They have been deceived by the serpent who told Eve she wouldn't die.

Human Beings are not three persons in one, because Human Beings are Souls, Human Beings don't have Souls, that's what the scriptures teach us.
The idea of human beings having souls is from false religion. Those of false religion didn't believe in death but instead they believed that human beings have souls. So at death they believed a human beings soul continued living in another plain of existence so death to them was just a doorway to another plain of existence. They believe a person continues living. They have been deceived by the serpent who told Eve she wouldn't die.
Mat 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (ESV)

Jesus certainly seems to think that people have souls.

Mat 10:28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (ESV)

Jesus certainly seems to think that people have souls.
You're not listening to the scripture you're quoting. Everyone that I've talked to so far who believes that humans have souls believe that the soul is immortal, that it can't be destroyed. So why are you quoting a scripture that shows you that God can destroy the soul. Also it isn't hades, or sheol that Jesus is talking about here, the word Jesus used here is gehenna. Gehenna represents a condition not a place like hades or sheol. So Jesus here is showing that God can destroyed a person completely out of existence, to those who deserve such judgement. That's what is going to happen to all those that God judges not worthy of eternal life. God has never promised eternal life to those he judges as wicked or unrighteous.

You're not listening to the scripture you're quoting. Everyone that I've talked to so far who believes that humans have souls believe that the soul is immortal, that it can't be destroyed. So why are you quoting a scripture that shows you that God can destroy the soul. Also it isn't hades, or sheol that Jesus is talking about here, the word Jesus used here is gehenna. Gehenna represents a condition not a place like hades or sheol. So Jesus here is showing that God can destroyed a person completely out of existence, to those who deserve such judgement.
I am very much listening to the scripture I'm quoting. Angels are immortal, yet God could destroy them if he so chose. God could destroy everything with just a word if he wanted. God alone has that ability. In no way whatsoever does it not mean the soul isn't immortal.

That's what is going to happen to all those that God judges not worthy of eternal life. God has never promised eternal life to those he judges as wicked or unrighteous.
So, in paying attention to the verse I gave, you'll notice it does not say that God "will destroy both body and soul in hell," only that he "is able" to.

I am very much listening to the scripture I'm quoting. Angels are immortal, yet God could destroy them if he so chose. God could destroy everything with just a word if he wanted. God alone has that ability. In no way whatsoever does it not mean the soul isn't immortal.

So, in paying attention to the verse I gave, you'll notice it does not say that God "will destroy both body and soul in hell," only that he "is able" to.
Where in scripture is it written down that angels are immortal?
Also since you agree that God is able to destroy both body and soul in gehenna, are you saying he won't destroy both body and soul in gehenna those that he judges as unfaithful, unrighteous, those who belong to Satan?

Where in scripture is it written down that angels are immortal?
Luk 20:35 but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage,
Luk 20:36 for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. (ESV)

Also since you agree that God is able to destroy both body and soul in gehenna, are you saying he won't destroy both body and soul in gehenna those that he judges as unfaithful, unrighteous, those who belong to Satan?
Yes. They remain in gehenna, the lake of fire forever; eternal destruction, so to speak. This is being discussed in another thread, so I don't want to get into here.

Luk 20:35 but those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and to the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage,
Luk 20:36 for they cannot die anymore, because they are equal to angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. (ESV)

Yes. They remain in gehenna, the lake of fire forever; eternal destruction, so to speak. This is being discussed in another thread, so I don't want to get into here.
I don't agree that Luke 20:35, 36 proves that angels are immortal.
From what I understand about the word immortality it means beyond death. That death has no more hold on that person or persons. That person or persons can't die anymore.
Are you saying that this definition is incorrect?

I see from the scriptures that the person who became the Satan and the Devil was an angel and he will be destroyed in the lake of fire which the scriptures say is the second death. So are you saying that it's impossible for God to destroy evil and those who practice evil out of existence? Are you saying that evil will always exist?

From what I understand about the word immortality it means beyond death. That death has no more hold on that person or persons. That person or persons can't die anymore.

I see from the scriptures that the person who became the Satan and the Devil was an angel and he will be destroyed in the lake of fire which the scriptures say is the second death. So are you saying that it's impossible for God to destroy evil and those who practice evil out of existence? Are you saying that evil will always exist?
Rev 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.////// Doesn’t sound to me like they will be destroyed.

Immortal simply means unable to die.

I see from the scriptures that the person who became the Satan and the Devil was an angel and he will be destroyed in the lake of fire which the scriptures say is the second death.
As I have given several times, this is what the Bible says:

Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. (ESV)

So are you saying that it's impossible for God to destroy evil and those who practice evil out of existence? Are you saying that evil will always exist?
Clearly I am not saying either of those things, although some qualification may be needed for the second question.

Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. (ESV)

Clearly I am not saying either of those things, although some qualification may be needed for the second question.
I'm saying that the Devil and all the angels that sided with the angel that became the Satan and the Devil will be destroyed out of existence forever. Is that what you believe.

Also do you believe after the last test, when Satan and all who follow him, whether they be angels or humans, have been thrown into the lake of fire, that God will never again allow evil to reign as it has for the last 6000 years. But instead if he sees a person or persons who are erring and refuse to be repentant and change, God will destroy that individual or individuals, whether they be angels or humans.

The point I'm trying to make here is if angels are immortal that means they can't be destroyed out of existence. Others may believe that angels care immortal but since the scriptures say that the angel who became the Satan and the Devil will be destroyed in the lake of fire with all the angels that followed him then obviously angels are not immortal.

The point I'm trying to make here is if angels are immortal that means they can't be destroyed out of existence.
Yes, I know the point you are trying to make, but I have given verses which show otherwise.

Others may believe that angels care immortal but since the scriptures say that the angel who became the Satan and the Devil will be destroyed in the lake of fire with all the angels that followed him then obviously angels are not immortal.
No, I have given a verse which clearly states angels cannot die and another which clearly shows that the devil, beast, and false prophet will be tormented in the lake of fire forever. And there is no verse that says otherwise, on both those points.

You have to address those verses I have have given and give any which say otherwise.

I'm saying that the Devil and all the angels that sided with the angel that became the Satan and the Devil will be destroyed out of existence forever. Is that what you believe.
Not at all. They, along with all the unrighteous, will be in the lake of fire (hell) forever.

Also do you believe after the last test, when Satan and all who follow him, whether they be angels or humans, have been thrown into the lake of fire, that God will never again allow evil to reign as it has for the last 6000 years.
Yes.

But instead if he sees a person or persons who are erring and refuse to be repentant and change, God will destroy that individual or individuals, whether they be angels or humans.
All who have chosen the way of rebellion will be separated from God forever, in hell. There will never be sin again.

Yes, I know the point you are trying to make, but I have given verses which show otherwise.
No, I have given a verse which clearly states angels cannot die and another which clearly shows that the devil, beast, and false prophet will be tormented in the lake of fire forever. And there is no verse that says otherwise, on both those points.

You have to address those verses I have have given and give any which say otherwise.
The lake of fire is the second death. The scriptures show us that death and Hades(Sheol & Hell) are thrown into the lake of fire.
So you may believe that the angel who became Satan the Devil and Adam and Eve who brought death into existence will always be in existence even though the scriptures say that death and Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire but I believe the scriptures disagree with you.

Because the scriptures show us that death and Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire that teaches me that death and Hades will be destroyed out of existence forever, for eternity. So since the scriptures show that death and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire and destroy out if existence forever, then that means all those who are enemies of the true God, Satan along with the angels and humans that follow Satan will be destroyed out of existence forever too. God can and will destroy evil out of existence.

The lake of fire is the second death. The scriptures show us that death and Hades(Sheol & Hell) are thrown into the lake of fire.
Hades isn't hell, it's just Sheol. The lake of fire is hell. Regardless, yes, Death and Hell are thrown into the lake of fire. So what happens when physical death is thrown into the lake of fire? According to your position, physical death is destroyed, so how then can the people who were first "given up" from death, die again? The lake of fire is the second death, of course, but death in the Bible also means separation from God.

So you may believe that the angel who became Satan the Devil and Adam and Eve who brought death into existence will always be in existence even though the scriptures say that death and Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire but I believe the scriptures disagree with you.
You can disagree all you like, but Rev 20:10 is a verse that contradicts your belief and you need to deal with that somehow.

Because the scriptures show us that death and Hades will be thrown into the lake of fire that teaches me that death and Hades will be destroyed out of existence forever, for eternity. So since the scriptures show that death and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire and destroy out if existence forever,
But that is begging the question. You first have to show that anything that goes into the lake of fire is destroyed forever, and you haven't done that.

then that means all those who are enemies of the true God, Satan along with the angels and humans that follow Satan will be destroyed out of existence forever too. God can and will destroy evil out of existence.
Again, Rev 20:10 contradicts this understanding. Being "tormented day and night forever and ever" in the lake of fire is not being "destroyed out of existence forever."

That would be begging the question. There is nothing in the context to indicate that would be the case and, in fact, everything to indicate that the Word is God.

John 1:2 just repeats the first part of John 1:1 (1:1a).

R. W. Funk as a source? You might want to rethink that one. Anyway, yes, it is significant that the article is missing in the second occurrence of theos. John had to do this, as including it would have equated "God" with "Word," meaning they would be one and the same, interchangeable.

We must begin at the beginning. There is only one being that is God; there are no beings between God and man that are truly gods. That would be polytheism or Gnosticism and certainly not a Christian idea. Christianity has always been monotheistic:

Deu 4:35 To you it was shown, that you might know that the LORD is God; there is no other besides him.

Deu 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Deu 32:39 "'See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand. (ESV)

Isa 43:10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.

Isa 43:11 I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior.

Isa 44:6 Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.

Isa 44:8 Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are my witnesses! Is there a God besides me? There is no Rock; I know not any."

Isa 44:24 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

Isa 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me,

Isa 45:6 that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Isa 45:18 For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited!): "I am the LORD, and there is no other.

Isa 45:21 Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.

Isa 45:22 "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.

Isa 46:9 remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me,

Isa 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! I am he; I am the first, and I am the last.

Isa 48:13 My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together.

(All ESV)

Context determines meaning. This is especially important to keep in mind when we speak of Jesus, as words or phrases (Son of God, for example) have a different meaning when applied to him than when applied to others. The whole point of John’s prologue (1:1-18) is to state who the Word is. So, let's look a bit more closely at 1:1.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (ESV)

The word "was" is the Greek en, which is a form of eimi (I Am), and denotes a continuous action in the past. That is, when the beginning began (creation), the Word was already in existence; it is absolute existence, eternal preexistence. This is then confirmed by 1:2.

Then when we look at "with God," it is the Greek pros that is translated as "with." But that doesn't convey the full meaning; it isn't merely speaking of being together or near. It expresses “direction towards,” as in relationship and communion, implying intimacy.

"Was God" means that the Word was divine in nature. It can never mean "a god" or another "God," as both imply polytheism. Again, this is about the logos, who the logos is, not who God is.

Even apart from the Greek, if logos is simply spoken words, then none of John 1:1 makes sense, but the Greek makes it all the more clear. It is very difficult to see how spoken words could have existed for eternity past or how they can be said to be in intimate relationship with God or how they can be said to be divine in nature. Only God has existed for eternity past, only a person could be in intimate relationship with another, and only God is divine in nature.

Then we have this supporting verse:

Joh 1:3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. (ESV)

Firstly, there is a very simple flow of logic here. If "all things were made through" the Word, and "without him was not any thing made that was made," then if necessarily follows that the Word cannot be something that was ever made, or that entire verse is false. This is in complete agreement with Col 1:16. Both are exhaustive assertions--not one thing came into being without the Word (Christ). (Even the NWT surprisingly gets John 1:3 right, contradicting its false translation in Col 1:16-17.) This verse precludes the Word from being something that was made, from being something that at one point did not exist. The only logical conclusion is that the Word has always existed.

Secondly, "were made," is the Greek egeneto and refers to "coming into existence." This is an action in time. John is contrasting that with en, "was," in 1:1. It is important to note that en is used only of the Word in the first 13 verses of John 1 and egeneto of everything else and not the Word. This is significant because in verse 14 we see egeneto used of the Word--"And the Word became flesh."

Hades isn't hell, it's just Sheol. The lake of fire is hell. Regardless, yes, Death and Hell are thrown into the lake of fire. So what happens when physical death is thrown into the lake of fire? According to your position, physical death is destroyed, so how then can the people who were first "given up" from death, die again? The lake of fire is the second death, of course, but death in the Bible also means separation from God.

You can disagree all you like, but Rev 20:10 is a verse that contradicts your belief and you need to deal with that somehow.

But that is begging the question. You first have to show that anything that goes into the lake of fire is destroyed forever, and you haven't done that.

Again, Rev 20:10 contradicts this understanding. Being "tormented day and night forever and ever" in the lake of fire is not being "destroyed out of existence forever."
Hell is the same as Sheol and Hades. All three, Sheol, Hades, and Hell are the same place which is the commom grave of mankind. In the hebrew language the word Sheol represented the common grave of mankind. Then when the Hebrew language started being translated into greek they used the greek word Hades in place of Sheol. Then when the scriptures were translated into english they used the word Hell in place of Sheol and Hades. Also the scriptures tell us the lake of fire is the second death, so it isn't Hell. The lake of fire represents a condition not a place, this condition is total annihilation, whatever is thrown into the lake of fire is completely destroyed out of existence. Death and Hades which includes Sheol and Hell since they represent the same place are thrown into the lake of fire so death and Hades are destroyed out of existence.
So when Satan and his angels and those of humanity who follow him are thrown into the lake of fire then they are destroyed as living persons, they know longer exist as living persons.

Death is the opposite of life. The reason most people think death is only a separation from God, is they believe human beings have souls instead of believing what the scriptures teach, which is human beings are souls, which means when a human being dies he/she ceases to exist as a living person. If a human being is judged worthy of a resurrection then he/she is resurrected back into existence as a living person.

Hell is the same as Sheol and Hades. All three, Sheol, Hades, and Hell are the same place which is the commom grave of mankind. In the hebrew language the word Sheol represented the common grave of mankind. Then when the Hebrew language started being translated into greek they used the greek word Hades in place of Sheol. Then when the scriptures were translated into english they used the word Hell in place of Sheol and Hades. Also the scriptures tell us the lake of fire is the second death, so it isn't Hell. The lake of fire represents a condition not a place, this condition is total annihilation, whatever is thrown into the lake of fire is completely destroyed out of existence. Death and Hades which includes Sheol and Hell since they represent the same place are thrown into the lake of fire so death and Hades are destroyed out of existence.
So when Satan and his angels and those of humanity who follow him are thrown into the lake of fire then they are destroyed as living persons, they know longer exist as living persons.

Death is the opposite of life. The reason most people think death is only a separation from God, is they believe human beings have souls instead of believing what the scriptures teach, which is human beings are souls, which means when a human being dies he/she ceases to exist as a living person. If a human being is judged worthy of a resurrection then he/she is resurrected back into existence as a living person.
How do you just ignore verses like this:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 19:20 - And the beast was taken, and with-him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image.These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever

Revelation 20:10 contradicts this understanding. Being "tormented day and night forever and ever" in the lake of fire is not being "destroyed out of existence forever."
The Bible says the dead are in a unconscious condition so when I see a Bible text mentioning a place of torment, I'm not going to ignore all the scriptures that show human beings are souls, becsuse the scriptures are very clear about this.

Genesis 2:7 shows exactly how God created the first human being.This Scripture teaches us that God took dust from the ground and formed man and then blew the breath of life into his nostrils and the man became a living soul.

Now the scriptures show we should reason on the scriptures, so I put what Genesis 2:7 is saying in my own words to understand what God is teaching us. So this scripture teaches that God took dust from the ground and formed man, this means that God formed the flesh and blood human body from the dust of the ground. Then the scriptures show us that after God formed man from the dust of the ground he blew the breath of life into the nostrils of man and the man became a living soul. So this part of Genesis 2:7 teaches us that God blew the breath of life into that flesh and blood human body that he formed from the dust of the ground, and it's this flesh and blood human body that became a living soul or living person. So the scriptures teach we are living souls not that we have living souls.

So before God blew the breath of life into the flesh blood human body that he formed from the dust of the ground the flesh and blood human body wasn't a living soul or living person. It was after God blew the breath of life into the flesh and blood human body that the flesh and blood human body became a living soul or living person. So when the breath of life leaves the flesh and blood human body at death that flesh and blood human body is no longer a living soul or living person. Man is a living Soul or living person just as the scriptures teach. Human beings don't have living souls or living persons inside their human bodies.

The book of Revelation does speak of “torment” in a “lake of fire.” Revelation 20:10 states: “The Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulphur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.”

So I agree we should know how those who are cast into the “lake of fire” are tormented? I also believe that we shouldn't be hasty in taking this expression as literal because it's evident from the nature of the book of Revelation in the opening words of the book we read: “A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John.”(Revelation 1:1)

So as stated, this revelation was presented “in signs.” So what, then, of the “lake of fire” and the “torment” there? Are they literal or are they also “signs” or symbols? These are excellent questions to ask since the scriptures show that human beings are souls not that they have souls. When human beings die they are no longer living souls or living persons so exactly how can you torment a person who isn't a living soul or living person?

We have additional information from the scriptures that show what is cast into the lake of fire, I mean besides the Devil, the “wild beast” and the “false prophet,” and this information sheds light on the matter. At Revelation 20:14,15 it says, “Death and Hades were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire.”

Now, you can believe that it's possible for death and Hades to be hurled into a literal lake of fire, but I'm obviously not, for they are not objects, animals or persons. Death is a state or condition. How could it be tossed into a literal lake of fire? As for Hades, it is the common grave of mankind. What kind of a lake could hold it?

But Revelation 20:14, 15 does not say that the lake is literal. Instead, we read that the “lake of fire” is itself a sign or symbol of “second death.” The same point is made at Revelation 21:8: “As for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and fornicators and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur. This means the second death. So the lake of fire isn't a literal place it represents a eternal condition.

So since the lake of fire is a symbol of second death, the casting of death and Hades into it is simply a symbolic way of saying that these will be forever destroyed. This agrees with the Bible’s statement that ‘the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.’ (1 Corinthians 15:26) And, since Hades, the common grave of mankind in general, is emptied and “death will be no more,” that means that Hades ceases to function, it passes out of existence.(Revelation 20:13; 21:4)

So what, is the “torment” experienced by wicked humans and others that are thrown into the “lake of fire”? Without conscious existence, they can't experience literal torment. And there is nothing in the Holy Scriptures to show that they will have any conscious existence. So why does the Bible speak of eternal torment in the “lake of fire”?

Since the “lake of fire” is symbolic, the torment associated with it is also symbolic or figurative. You see the Adamic death, that is, the death that all born humankind inherited from Adam and Eve after they had sinned, is never likened to such a fearful thing as the lake of fire, even though death is “the wages sin pays.”(Romans 6:23) In other words although we all die and so many fear death because no one wants to die, but this second death is far more fearful because with Adamic death if you're faithful to the true God you will be resurrected back to life but not so with those who are thrown into the lake of fire.
Those who are thrown into the lake of fire which is “the second death” do not have the comfort of a resurrection hope. Theirs is not a sleep. They never awaken from destruction in second death. As this hopeless state keeps hold of them, they are ‘tormented forever’ in the sense of being eternally restrained from having any conscious existence or activity. That their restraint in “second death” is compared to torture by being confined in prison is shown by Jesus in his parable of the ungrateful, merciless slave. Concerning this parable which is at Matthew 18:34 the Jerusalem Bible which shows the action his master took against him, Jesus said: “And in his anger the master handed him over to the torturers till he should pay all his debt.” The New World Translation shows who these tormentors are by reading: “With that his master, provoked to wrath, delivered him to the jailers(marginal reading: tormentors) until he should pay back all that was owing.”

So you can believe the lake of fire is a literal place but scripture you quote Revelation 20:14,15 itself shows you're incorrect.

How do you just ignore verses like this:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 19:20 - And the beast was taken, and with-him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image.These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 20:10 - And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever
You're the one who is ignoring scripture. Revelation 20:14,15 tells you that the lake of fire is "the second death." Death isn't a place it's a condition and neither is the second death a literal place it's a condition, an eternal condition. So it's impossible to throw a literal person in the lake of fire when the scriptures tell you the lake of fire is the second death. Now you either believe what the scriptures say that the lake of fire is the second death or you don't. Death whether you're talking about Adamic death or the second death are conditions they're not places. So when the scriptures say death and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire I understand that death and Hades are not objects, animals or persons and the scriptures themselves teach us that the lake of fire is the second death which is a condition not a literal place.

Last edited:
You're the one who is ignoring scripture. Revelation 20:14,15 tells you that the lake of fire is "the second death." Death isn't a place it's a condition and neither is the second death a literal place it's a condition, an eternal condition. So it's impossible to throw a literal person in the lake of fire when the scriptures tell you the lake of fire is the second death. Now you either believe what the scriptures say that the lake of fire is the second death or you don't. Death whether you're talking about Adamic death or the second death are conditions they're not places. So when the scriptures say death and Hades are thrown into the lake of fire I understand that death and Hades are not objects, animals or persons and the scriptures themselves teach us that the lake of fire is the second death which is a condition not a literal place.
The scriptures say they are tormented day and night for ever and ever. That can’t be so if they are annihilated

Back