Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Nephilim

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
mdo757 said:
watchman F said:
mdo757 said:
The Book of Enoch states that it is a parable. In other words, Enoch is not Enoch but the unknown prophet speaking. It was the Catholic Church that decided the book of Revelation and Enoch should not be included in the bible.
I am pretty sure God had something to do with that decision.
Does your statement mean that you agree with the Catholics?
Depends on what they are saying. I agree with them that Jesus is God the Lamb of God come to take away my sin.

mdo757 said:
NJBeliever said:
LOL. Hilarious.

Again, you are failing to realize that the New and Old Testament were written in two different languages. In the Old Testament, "sons of god" only refers to angelic beings. So that renders your point irrelevant.
By what you have written I see that it is a waste of time to correct you. Good bye.

There's nothing to correct.

NJBeliever said:
mdo757 said:
NJBeliever said:
LOL. Hilarious.

Again, you are failing to realize that the New and Old Testament were written in two different languages. In the Old Testament, "sons of god" only refers to angelic beings. So that renders your point irrelevant.
By what you have written I see that it is a waste of time to correct you. Good bye.

There's nothing to correct.
If you think that #1 Demons inter-bred with people, or 2 The book of Enoch was inspired then you have lots to correct. If you could believe either of those 2 then there is no telling what is going through your head.

watchman F said:
[If you think that #1 Demons inter-bred with people, or 2 The book of Enoch was inspired then you have lots to correct. If you could believe either of those 2 then there is no telling what is going through your head.

Did you actually read the blog? I make no mention of demons or the book of Enoch.

watchman F said:
[quote="sixth seal":rcgn41yr]wow, that kind of pretentious attitude does not seem very christ-like my friend. calling people "coocoos" is not a nice thing to do, let alone your own brothers and sisters in christ?
lol...take it easy, the idea of demon humans mix breeding is cooccoo, no matter how saved you are and calling crazy crazy is not unchristian. Do not be so thin skinned. You have to realize the whole thought of it is beyond the pale[/quote:rcgn41yr]

I didn't read the blog, but the bible says the sons of god came in unto the daughters of men. It is not clear that those are fallen angels. But IMO, they are angels. And the bible is clear that angels can take human form, as in the angels that visited Abraham and warned Lot. So I don't see why it is unreasonable to believe that they could've mated with human women. The whole line of Seth thing for me just doesn't hold any water. And giant pretty much means giant. Wasn't Goliath a giant? Well where did he come from?

jasoncran said:
hmm there was thread on this and rick or vic wipped out the lack of evidence for the nephilum.

I'd like to see that evidence, since the word is clearly in the bible, and clearly means giants. And sons of God (other that when referring to Christians in the NT) usually means angels.

faithtransforms said:
jasoncran said:
hmm there was thread on this and rick or vic wipped out the lack of evidence for the nephilum.

I'd like to see that evidence, since the word is clearly in the bible, and clearly means giants. And sons of God (other that when referring to Christians in the NT) usually means angels.
you cant say the angels made them via sex with a woman. a vague reference in jude that refers more to the fall of the angels that are gonna be judged. ie when satan was cast out of heavean the angles with him.

otherwise then that theres no means of finding info unless you accept the apochrypha, do you?

jasoncran said:
faithtransforms said:
jasoncran said:

you cant say the angels made them via sex with a woman. a vague reference in jude that refers more to the fall of the angels that are gonna be judged. ie when satan was cast out of heavean the angles with him.

otherwise then that theres no means of finding info unless you accept the apochrypha, do you?

I think the apocrypha can be useful, but it is certainly not scripture. I do not "accept" them in the sense that I think they are on the level with scripture. No, no, no! LOL.

I just think the nephilim thing is hard to prove or disprove. There's actually very little about it, what Gen 6:1-4? But it's not like Seth was a perfect man. And mating with daughters of Cain shouldn't ruin the entire world to the point where God would want to destroy it. It also says Noah was "perfect in his generations", I believe that to mean that he had nothing in him of the nephilim bloodline.

faithtransforms said:
I just think the nephilim thing is hard to prove or disprove. There's actually very little about it, what Gen 6:1-4? But it's not like Seth was a perfect man. And mating with daughters of Cain shouldn't ruin the entire world to the point where God would want to destroy it. It also says Noah was "perfect in his generations", I believe that to mean that he had nothing in him of the nephilim bloodline.

Speaking of these beings, do you like esoterica and conspiracy theory type programs such as AM Coast-to-Coast? They had this humorous Irish Christian guy on one time who was a "Jesus Freak" but then expanded out to prophecy and wrote this great book (which I bought) about the Nephilim and the Apocalypse.

Besides the overwhelming evidence in the Jewish apocryphal writings and interpretations, I agree with you also because of paranormal events that occur. No matter what you hear about, both past and present, they seem to have sexual overtones especially with young women. As I already mentioned, we hear past stories about incubus and succubus demons. We hear about poltergeists doing the same thing--- just over in the next town of Riegelsville next to me there's a pastor who wrote a book how haunted that town is and mentioned on a forum that a dark entity in their parsonage touched his wife inappropriately. There's testimony after testimony of aliens doing "reproductive experiments" and women being pregnant only to find nothing there a few months later. Many of these people don't know about genesis 6 or Enoch, but the modus Operandi is the same. So, where does everyone get these same ideas?

tim_from_pa said:
faithtransforms said:

Speaking of these beings, do you like esoterica and conspiracy theory type programs such as AM Coast-to-Coast? They had this humorous Irish Christian guy on one time who was a "Jesus Freak" but then expanded out to prophecy and wrote this great book (which I bought) about the Nephilim and the Apocalypse.

Besides the overwhelming evidence in the Jewish apocryphal writings and interpretations, I agree with you also because of paranormal events that occur. No matter what you hear about, both past and present, they seem to have sexual overtones especially with young women. As I already mentioned, we hear past stories about incubus and succubus demons. We hear about poltergeists doing the same thing--- just over in the next town of Riegelsville next to me there's a pastor who wrote a book how haunted that town is and mentioned on a forum that a dark entity in their parsonage touched his wife inappropriately. There's testimony after testimony of aliens doing "reproductive experiments" and women being pregnant only to find nothing there a few months later. Many of these people don't know about genesis 6 or Enoch, but the modus Operandi is the same. So, where does everyone get these same ideas?
the question of the days arecan it happen again?

jasoncran said:

Yes it can.

Daniel 2: 42And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 43And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

jasoncran said:
faithtransforms said:
jasoncran said:

The Bible alone confirms it.

Again the term "sons of God" or B'nai Ha Elohim ONLY refers to angelic beings.

tim_from_pa said:
faithtransforms said:

Exactly. If you study anything in the New Age/OCcult movement they totally believe in alien theories that jive with Scripture. They only change it by saying that the aliens actually created us or are coming back to be our saviors, etc.

Same for studying historical sources. Every single advanced ancient civlization has stories about gods and angels coming to earth and having offspring with human women. And even with animals (i.e., the centaur, minotaur, Sphinx, etc.) We just nowadays call it "mythology"

NJBeliever said:
jasoncran said:

Yes it can.

Daniel 2: 42And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. 43And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
With all the great multitude of errors a person might think that God has given you over to vain imaginings.
Daniel 2:41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. 42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.:

faithtransforms said:
jasoncran said:

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

Romans 8:14
because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Romans 8:19
The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.

Galatians 3:26
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,

Matthew 5:45
that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Hosea 1:10
"Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' they will be called 'sons of the living God.'

mdo757 said:
faithtransforms said:
jasoncran said:

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

Romans 8:14
because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Romans 8:19
The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.

Galatians 3:26
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,

Matthew 5:45
that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Hosea 1:10
"Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' they will be called 'sons of the living God.'

Sons of god in the Old Testament ONLY refers to angelic beings. I have stated this to you at least 3 times now and you continue to post New testatment scripture (and now one from Hosea which is clearly NOT the same phrase). Why are you doing this?

mdo757 said:
NJBeliever said:
jasoncran said:

Yes it can.

With all the great multitude of errors a person might think that God has given you over to vain imaginings.
Daniel 2:41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. 42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.:

How does your passage support your point? Just because you're using a far less accurate translation

then we should be having demonic/humans all over the earth by now as these demons see to like our women, surely by now that a few women would carry to term.

would a demonically possesed woman have sex with a demon?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back