Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Nephilim

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't need large letters to scream my point like an evangelist who can't get their converting job done to unbelievers so they have to emphasize (or use fear where God will burn them forever and ever and ever in an eternal hell, Amen!) :nag lest by doing so an objective observer would deem my position as lost already to resort to that.

I'm in agreement with NJbeliever, and that's obvious, but I want faithtransforms to answer the point I made because it was directed at her. Whether she believes or not in this subject, I at least like her dignified style.

tim_from_pa said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't need large letters to scream my point like an evangelist who can't get their converting job done to unbelievers so they have to emphasize (or use fear where God will burn them forever and ever and ever in an eternal hell, Amen!) :nag lest by doing so an objective observer would deem my position as lost already to resort to that.

I'm in agreement with NJbeliever, and that's obvious, but I want faithtransforms to answer the point I made because it was directed at her. Whether she believes or not in this subject, I at least like her dignified style.
Is this better for you. I think you would complain if you were to get hung with a new rope.

I have this posted somewhere,feel it's a good time for a repost

THE SONS OF GOD" IN GEN. 6:2, 4.
It is only by the Divine specific act of creation that any created being can be called "a son of God". For that which is "born of the flesh is flesh". God is spirit, and that which is "born of the Spirit is spirit" (John 3:6). Hence Adam is called a "son of God" in Luke 3:38. Those "in Christ" having "the new nature" which is by the direct creation of God (2Cor. 5:17. Eph. 2:10) can be, and are called "sons of God" (John 1:13. Rom. 8:14, 15. 1John 3:1). (*1)

This is why angels are called "sons of God" in every other place where the expression is used in the Old Testament. Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7. Ps. 29:1; 89:6. Dan. 3:25 (no art.). (*2) We have no authority or right to take the expression in Gen. 6:2, 4 in any other sense. Moreover, in Gen. 6:2 the Sept. renders it "angels".

Angels are called "spirits" (Ps. 104:4. Heb. 1:7, 14), for spirits are created by God.

That there was a fall of the angels is certain from Jude 6.

The nature of their fall is clearly stated in the same verse. They left their own oijkhthvrion (oiketerion). This word occurs only in 2Cor. 5:2 and Jude 6, where it is used of the spiritual (or resurrection) body.

The nature of their sin is stated to be "in like manner" to that of the subsequent sins of Sodom and Gomorrha, Jude 7.

The time of their fall is given as having taken place "in the days of Noah" (1Pet. 3:20. 2Pet. 2:7), though there may have been a prior fall which caused the end of "the world that then was" (Gen. 1:1, 2. 2Pet. 3:6).

For this sin they are "reserved unto judgment", 2Pet. 2:4, and are "in prison", 1Pet. 3:19.

Their progeny, called Nephilim (translated "giants"), were monsters of iniquity; and, being superhuman in size and character, had to be destroyed (see Ap. 25). This was the one and only object of the Flood.

Only Noah and his family had preserved their pedigree pure from Adam (Gen. 6:9, see note). All the rest had become "corrupt" (shachath) destroyed [as Adamites]. the only remedy was to destroy it (de facto), as it had become destroyed (de jure). (It is the same word in v. 17 as in vv. 11, 12.) See further under Ap. 25 on the Nephilim.

This irruption of fallen angels was Satan's first attempt to prevent the coming of the Seed of the woman foretold in gen. 3:15. If this could be accomplished, God's Word would have failed, and his own doom would be averted.

As soon as it was made known that the Seed of the woman was to come through ABRAHAM, there must have been another irruption, as recorded in Gen. 6:4, "and also after that" (i.e. after the days of Noah, more than 500 years after the first irruption). The aim of the enemy was to occupy Canaan in advance of Abraham, and so to contest its occupation by his seed. For, when Abraham entered Canaan, we read (Gen. 12:6) "the Canaanite was then (i.e. already) in the land."

In the same chapter (Gen. 12:10-20) we see Satan's next attempt to interfere with Abraham's seed, and frustrate the purpose of God that it should be in "Isaac". This attempt was repeated in 20:1-18.

This great conflict may be seen throughout the Bible, and it forms a great and important subject of Biblical study. In each case the human instrument had his own personal interest to serve, while Satan had his own great object in view. Hence God had, in each case, to interfere and avert the evil and the danger, of which his servants and people were wholly ignorant. The following assaults of the great Enemy stand out prominently :--

The destruction of the chosen family by famine, Gen. 50:20.

The destruction of the male line in Israel, Ex. 1:10, 15, &c. Cp. Ex. 2:5. Heb. 11:23.

The destruction of the whole nation in Pharaoh's pursuit, Ex. 14.

After David's line was singled out (2Sam. 7), that was the next selected for assault. Satan's first assault was in the union of Jehoram and Athaliah by Jehoshaphat, notwithstanding 2Chron. 17:1. Jehoram killed off all his brothers (2Chron. 21:4).

The Arabians slew all his children, except Ahaziah (2Chron. 21:17; 22:1).

When Ahaziah died, Athaliah killed "all the seed royal" (2Chron. 22:10). the babe Joash alone was rescued; and, for six years, the faithfulness of Jehovah's word was at stake (2Chron. 23:3).

Hezekiah was childless, when a double assault was made by the King of Assyria and the King of Terrors (Isa. 36:1; 38:1). God's faithfulness was appealed to and relied on (Ps. 136).

In Captivity, Haman was used to attempt the destruction of the whole nation (Est. 3:6, 12, 13. Cp. 6:1).

Joseph's fear was worked on (Matt. 1:18-20). Notwithstanding the fact that he was "a just man", and kept the Law, he did not wish to have Mary stoned to death (Deut. 24:1); hence Joseph determined to divorce her. But God intervened : "Fear not".

Herod sought the young Child's life (Matt. 2).

At the Temptation, "Cast Thyself down" was Satan's temptation.

At Nazareth, again (Luke 4), there was another attempt to cast Him down and destroy Him.

The two storms on the Lake were other attempts.

At length the cross was reached, and the sepulcher closed; the watch set; and the stone sealed. But "God raised Him from the dead." And now, like another Joash, He is seated and expecting (Heb. 10:12, 13), hidden in the house of God on high; and the members of "the one body" are hidden there "in Him" (Col. 3:1-3), like another Jehoshaba; and going forth to witness of His coming, like another Jehoiada (2Chron. 23:3).

The irruption of "the fallen angels" ("sons of God") was the first attempt; and was directed against the whole human race.

When Abraham was called, then he and his seed were attacked.

When David was enthroned, then the royal line were attacked.

And when "the Seed of the woman" Himself came, then the storm burst upon Him.

http://www.angelfire.com/nv/TheOliveBra ... end23.html

This is also a good one

http://www.angelfire.com/nv/TheOliveBra ... end25.html

NJBeliever said:
How does your passage support your point? Just because you're using a far less accurate translation
All of the different version mean the same thing in Daniel. You only need to know how to read the KJV. I grew up on that version. Let me ask you this question: Are "Sons of God" also the serpent seed in the Old Testament?

Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained [angels/messengers] without knowing it.

NJBeliever said:
Sons of god in the Old Testament ONLY refers to angelic beings. I have stated this to you at least 3 times now and you continue to post New testatment scripture (and now one from Hosea which is clearly NOT the same phrase). Why are you doing this?
All who are in heaven, and all who are the Elect are the Sons of God. Is it wise to say it don't count because in one place it says "Sons of God", and in another place it says "Sons of the Living God", and in another place it says "Sons of Almighty God"? And so what makes you think that the Serpent's seed are "Sons of God"?

Jude 1:5. I will remind you although you once knew this, how Yahwah, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that did not believe.
6. Those messengers did not keep their first estate
, and they were removed from their place, and He has reserved for them everlasting chains of darkness for that great day of judgment.

tim_from_pa said:

Thanks Tim :) I'm not exactly sure what point you were making so I'm not sure how to respond. I am of the mind that angels really did mate with human women and produce a race of giants. I think the evidence supports it. Especially considering that the word translated Sons of God is always used for angels in the OT and is used for nothing else. However, I cannot answer the question that if they did that back then, why are they not doing it now?

I think you said something with regards to conspiracy theories and such. I used to be into that stuff before I got saved. In fact, I thought the God of the bible was an alien!!! My how satan can deceive. But fortunately, God had mercy on me and saved me anyway, lol.

Chuck Missler is one of the most respected biblical evangelical scholars, who for the sake of the Word of God and the simple TRUTH, has
come forward with information regarding UFO/ Nephilim.
Whether or not you believe in ufo sightings, in order to be a follower of Christ, one must believe the bible and the bible makes many references both past and future to these beings.
Chuck brings the whole thing to a biblical perspective the resonated truth within my spirit.
I strongly suggest you check out this series on you tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFWrV8_q ... re=related

Just so you know, MOST of the early Church fathers and reputed Christian reformers believed in the "angelic" or the "ancient interpretation" view. Here's a few:
Justyn Martyr
pseudo-Clementine
Martin Luther
Athenagoras Clement of Alexandria
Commondianus
Josephus Flavius
Tertullian Philo Judaeus John Wycliffe
Iranaeus
Lactantius

The modern day bible scholars who support the "angel view" are also noteworthy here:

G.H. Pember
Chuck Missler
Merrill F. Unger
F. Delitzch
Chuck Smith C.H. Mcintosh
Hal Lindsay
Arthur W. Pink
I.D.E. Thomas Arnold Fruchtenbaum
Donald G. Barnhouse
A.C. Gaebelin
M.R. DeHaan

the fact is, though too many of the seminary's today no longer teach anything but the sethite theology, even though it has no biblical substance, the true definition of the Hebrew and Greek "sons of God" are translated as "angels" and daughter's of men is translated as daughter's of Adam.
You don't have to believe truth in order for it to be truth sir.
I do however suggest you pray to the God of the bible who talks about this and many other "strange" things that happened, that you seem to have NO problem seeing as truth.
Sorry if the truth doesn't fit into what you've decided is theologically and ecumenically correct, but as i said, truth is truth whether you believe it or not.

Psa 89:6 ForH3588 whoH4310 in the heavenH7834 can be comparedH6186 unto the LORD?H3068 who among the sonsH1121 of the mightyH410 can be likenedH1819 unto the LORD?H3068

Gen 6:4 There wereH1961 giantsH5303 in the earthH776 in thoseH1992 days;H3117 and alsoH1571 afterH310 that,H3651 whenH834 the sonsH1121 of GodH430 came inH935 untoH413 the daughtersH1323 of men,H120 and they bareH3205 children to them, the sameH1992 became mighty menH1368 whichH834 were of old,H4480 H5769 menH376 of renown.H8034

H410
??
'êl
ale
Shortened from H352; strength; as adjective mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity): - God (god), X goodly, X great, idol, might (-y one), power, strong. Compare names in “-el.â€

H430
?????
'?lôh??ym
el-o-heem'
Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - angels, X exceeding, God (gods) (-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.

Psa 145:12 To make knownH3045 to the sonsH1121 of menH120 his mighty acts,H1369 and the gloriousH3519 majestyH1926 of his kingdom.H4438

H120
???
'âdâm
aw-dawm'
From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

Ecc 1:13 And I gaveH5414 (H853) my heartH3820 to seekH1875 and search outH8446 by wisdomH2451 concerningH5921 allH3605 things thatH834 are doneH6213 underH8478 heaven:H8064 thisH1931 soreH7451 travailH6045 hath GodH430 givenH5414 to the sonsH1121 of manH120 to be exercisedH6031 therewith.

Joh 11:25 JesusG2424 saidG2036 unto her,G846 IG1473 amG1510 theG3588 resurrection,G386 andG2532 theG3588 life:G2222 he that believethG4100 inG1519 me,G1691 thoughG2579 he were dead,G599 yet shall he live:G2198
Joh 11:26 AndG2532 whosoeverG3956 livethG2198 andG2532 believethG4100 inG1519 meG1691 shall neverG3364 G1519 G165 die.G599 BelievestG4100 thou this?G5124

AGAPE of Christ,

Paul

Grace + Truth = AGAPE

NJBeliever said:
Sons of god in the Old Testament ONLY refers to angelic beings. I have stated this to you at least 3 times now and you continue to post New testatment scripture (and now one from Hosea which is clearly NOT the same phrase). Why are you doing this?
You seem to think that because you state something it must be true. i would suggest that if you state something it is most likely not true seeing as the wild beliefs you hold to.

watchman F said:
NJBeliever said:
You seem to think that because you state something it must be true. i would suggest that if you state something it is most likely not true seeing as the wild beliefs you hold to.

LOL. All I can do is laugh. I see you were already commenting on my blog without reading it. But now are you even reading this thread? I only base my statements on The Bible.

NJBeliever said:
watchman F said:
NJBeliever said:

LOL. All I can do is laugh. I see you were already commenting on my blog without reading it. But now are you even reading this thread? I only base my statements on The Bible.
Now that makes me laugh, you think Demons inter-bred with humans and created giants....lol, and you say you base that on the bible. can anyone say coocoo?

my question if demons have done it then and are free, why have we seen these giants?

are they in hell, nj believer you have said that they are here and already touching a woman inapproprietely. so surely by now someone would have gotten "lucky".

btw i wonder why men are touched this way as well, a spirit is really neither male nor female and are they limited to men?

paulr1025 said:
Chuck Missler is one of the most respected biblical evangelical scholars, who for the sake of the Word of God and the simple TRUTH, has
come forward with information regarding UFO/ Nephilim.
I have no respect for Chuck Missler at all. I believe he is a mad man.

jasoncran said:
my question if demons have done it then and are free, why have we seen these giants?

are they in hell, nj believer you have said that they are here and already touching a woman inapproprietely. so surely by now someone would have gotten "lucky".

btw i wonder why men aren't touched this way as well, a spirit is really neither male nor female and are they limited to men?

Watchman
Now that makes me laugh, you think Demons inter-bred with humans and created giants....lol, and you say you base that on the bible. can anyone say coocoo?

They were not demons,rather fallen angels...Let me ask you a question,what is the meaning of the below verse?

I Corinthians 11:10 "For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels."

Also who is the seed of the serpent?

Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Eve's seed is our Lord Jesus Christ. While Satan's seed are the children, to the last generation, called the Kenites. Those offspring are born from the sexual union between Eve and Satan [the serpent, and the tree of good and evil]. God is telling us that He will put trouble between Eve's children [through Adam and Seth], and Satan's offspring through Cain, called the Kenites.

Most "men of God" acknowledge that Genesis 3:15 is talking about the death of Jesus Christ, when He was nailed to the cross for our sins. They recognize that "seed" is referring to the children of the woman "Eve", yet somehow they just want to spiritualize everything else that happened in the Garden of Eden between Eve and the two men [Satan and Adam]. The "seed" in the Hebrew is called "zirmah", and in the Greek it is "sperma". We in the English call it "sperm", and in Strongs Hebrew Dictionary # 2233; "Posterity, carnally, child, fruitful". Friend, it can't be any clearer. The seed of Satan's "posterity" are the "Kenites", while Adam's posterity is in Christ, and of the pure bloodline through Seth.

Until you understand what really took place in the Garden of Eden, and why; it will be difficult for you to grow up and mature in the Word of God, and in true Christianity.

I have no respect for Chuck Missler at all. I believe he is a mad man.

That does NOT surprise me in the least, yet Missler is the respected scholar and theologian, as are those who also scripturally ascribe to this doctrine...

Truth remains truth in spite of your belief of or in it.

Agape,

Paul

Grace + Truth = AGAPE

In the Old Testament the Hebrew word "Malak" is TRANSLATED as messenger about 50% of the time. The other times it is INTERPRETATED as angels. The words "angel" and "messenger" are very different words. Now what do you think about that? Does anyone here know the difference between a translation and a interpretation?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back