Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Official King of the Hill Thread

:salute Your Majesty! Hey, any state dinners with turkey on the menu in the offing?

I'll bring stuffing and pumpkin pie. Can't be a turkey dinner without pumpkin pie!

Serious question: Nick, do they grow pumpkins in Australia?

The sports sites are raving about Phillies pitcher Ray Halladay, who pitched the second no-hitter play-off game in history just a few hours ago. During the 1956 World Series, a Yankees pitcher pitched the only other one.

I seem to recall that Nick is a New York Yankees fan. The Yankees beat the Phillies last year in the World Series. And the Yankees re in the play-offs. Nick, do I hear a challenge here?

Serious question: Nick, do they grow pumpkins in Australia?

The sports sites are raving about Phillies pitcher Ray Halladay, who pitched the second no-hitter play-off game in history just a few hours ago. During the 1956 World Series, a Yankees pitcher pitched the only other one.

I seem to recall that Nick is a New York Yankees fan. The Yankees beat the Phillies last year in the World Series. And the Yankees re in the play-offs. Nick, do I hear a challenge here?
I"m pretty sure we grow pumpkins in Australia. We have them pretty often, but I don't like them.

Ok, yes, there's a challenge!

Ok, yes, there's a challenge!

All right. If one of our teams wins the World Series, the loser has to post that the winner is the high and holy King of the Hill.

Agreed?

Vince comes strolling up to the Hill. "We could have an interesting challenge here, " he explains. The Yankees are 2-0 in their series against the Minnesota Twins, and the Phillies are 2-0 in their series against the Cincinnati Reds. If they win a third game, they win the series."

"And THEN," Vince continues, "they play the winners of the other two series. The two winners will then go to the World Series."

Could get interesting, Folks. The Yankees have swept the Twins, winning three in a row and eliminating the Twins from the play-offs. The Yankees spent most of the regular season competing with the Tampa Bay Rays, who are down 2-1 in their series with the Texas Rangers. The Yankees get some time off while waiting to see how the Rangers and the Rays do, and then the Yankees will play the winner for the American League championship.

Vince comes bounding up the Hill. "The Phillies have beaten the Reds!" he shouts. "We're three wins away from the World Series!"

They're celebrating in Australia right now.

At the end of six innings, the Yankees were losing 5-0.

And they won.

OOOOOwwww, Mate!

A howl of pain with an Australian accent echoes from New York to the Pacific and back again.

The New York Yankees lost again! They just lost the third game of their series, and the Texas Rangers are in the lead!

They changed the rules on me, Folks. The second play-off series is best of seven, so the Yankees are still in the running. Hear that, Nick? You still have a chance.

Meanwhile, all is not bright for the Phillies, They lost today, and they trail the San Francisco Giants 2-1 in their series.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's final.

It's over.

It's official.

The New York Yankees have been eliminated, and the Texas Rangers will be going to the World Series for the first time.

The last three times the Rangers reached the play-offs, they were eliminated by the Yankees, so this was a grudge match.

Losing 6-1, the Yankees only point was the result of an umpire's error, but it didn't matter.

Nick, if you're listening, the Phillies trail the Giants 3-2 in their best-of-seven series, and the winner will face the Rangers in the World Series.

As I complain about not being a fan of baseball and some rant about football being a real sport, I take a note from Elisha (2 Kings 2:23-24) and curse the hill with some shebears, and whilst everyone is running and fleeing for safety, I take my place upon the hill and claim it as my own.

Hey admin, can I pray here and have God set a flaming sword that turns every direction to protect me so I can keep the hill? Lol.

Ah yes, and I am a bald man, though bald by choice, I guess technically I'm just clean shaven rather than actually bald, I guess it depends on the definition for bald lol. But for the sake of maintaining the hill, I'm bald :P

Edit: I added a picture of myself to prove my baldness, which grants me permission to use the shebears to maintain the hill. Haha. I'm such a nerd :|

Hmmm. Taking the hill away from this guy could be a challenge. I'll need the Phillies to win the National League Pennant, at least.

From his throne on the top of the hill, Ambient hears the sound of crying, Going over to investigate, he finds Vince sobbing away.

"What's wrong?" asks Ambient.
"It's Saturday," sobs Vince.
"So what?" asks Ambient.
Vince explains:

"There's no tomorrow for the Philadelphia Phillies."

Pretends to understand and somewhat care about this crisis that Vince seems to be going through.

Perhaps some hot cocoa to ease the pain? There's a shop at the bottom of the hill in the valley, here's 5$, have one on me! :D

Back