Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Official King of the Hill Thread

:grumpy There’s still half a bottle left and I need them to whole heartedly support our team, Vince. You need to be reasonable here.

From the top of the hill, Vince triumphantly shouts "The Phillies beat the Braves AGAIN! The Phillies are now 6 games in phirst place!"

Later, he explains to his shell-shocked phriends, "When you are six games in phirst place, with ten games left to play, you are only being rational when you shout:

MY PHILLIES ARE NUMBER ONE!"

Yes, every day and in every way, I have gotten better and better.

But, to borrow a quote: The time is not yet ripe!

So, I'll continue to work on my origami!

Once again, the sound of triumph echoes from the top of the hill. "The Phillies won and the Braves lost today!" shouts Vince.

With each team having nine games left to play, the Phillies magic number is 2. With 16 as their magic number, the Braves must win every last one of their remaining games, while the Phillies must lose every last one of their remaining games, for the Braves to take the division championship.

*Seeing that The Hill has bee overrun by sports fanatics and realizing that subtle hints have not worked, Theo leaves The Hill to go on to other things. The throne is vanant for anyone who wants to take it (if there's anyone left actually playing the game).

My Broncos not only won their game against Oregon State (no surprises there) but Bronco Nation has shown that it is most certainly a ratings powerhouse, the ABC Prime Time game being #1 in the ratings for 18-49 year old!!!!!

Oh yeah, I'm taking the Hill. Bronco Nation is back on the map!!! :salute

Sorry, Handy, but the Phillies have at least clinched a wild card today. They lost, but so did the Braves. With a total of twelve games left, if the Phillies win even one, or the Braves lose even one, my Phillies will have clinched their division.

Once again, the triumphant shout of the phorum's phavorite Phillies phanatic thunders down from the hill.

"The Phillies have clinched their division!" shouts Vince. "And, with the best record in the National League, they are guaranteed home field advantage during the play-offs."

Then, to everyone's surprise, Vince pulls up his Phillies phlag and walks off the hill with it.

Not surprising to me...I had sent the crack Bronco security team to nab Vince and make him take the phla...I mean flag down. Reason: Illegal seizure of hill as per the rule that one cannot take the hill from the one who took it from you!

I rule the Hill, aka Bronco Nation, with serenity, grace, and a cooler full of Pepsi!

Handy, being ambushed by a band of angry Bronco fans at their turn-coat defector, throw her in a sack and drag her down the hill. Handy screaming mmmmm! mmmm!!

Just happening to be in the right place at the right time, Mike fits his crown nice and snug. Perfect fit as always!

Handy, I never would have thought it! You?? :o

"You see!" Vince exclaims. "Without a Phillies phan in charge, civilization descends into chaos!"

Vince then returns to watching college football until the baseball play-offs.

What I was trying to say when they threw me in the sack was "These aren't real Bronco fans, these are fakes, FAKES!!!!"

I knew they were fakes because no real Broncos fan would ever be upset at someone wearing a :D :lol IS Bengals :toofunny:biglol:rolling avatar, because the Bengals are just...just...:biglol:toofunny . A real Bronco fan would look upon their King's wearing of a Bengals avatar as being an act of mercy and kindness.

So I know that the so called "Bronco fans" were really just thugs that Mike hired after the last WTO protests. I'll be back....

Vince strolls over and releases Handy from the sack. When asked "Why?" Vince explains, "She seems like such a nice person."

Why thank you, Vince....wouldn't be interested in a quick take of the hill, would you? For auld langsyne? Just for a while?

BSU's #1 fan calls out the crack defense team to sack the king. And, sack the king they do! Especially after I inform them that Mike thought that they would ever be "rivals" to :lol:biglol the Bengals :toofunny. Justly offended, Winterswyk and the boys pound the king into pulp. :robot

Sure, there are flags all over this. But, sometimes a foul is a gain.

I, realizing I am unable to take the crown from Mike and always meticulous in observing the rules, immediately hand Mike back the crown. Of course, it won't fit right until those bumps go down. Being ever the benevolent monarch, even when the throne is withheld from me, I also give Mike an ice-pack.

I now quietly await for another pretender to claim my throne!

Suddenly, Vince realizes the problem. If there are only two contenders for King of the Hill, the crown cannot be transferred more than once.

"That's a shame," thinks Vince, as he begins writing this week's exciting edition of "The Italian Gringo."

And thus, Mike gets to keep the throne. Oh, the irony of it all. :nono2

No irony, though I do rule with an iron fist! :D

I believe a PM is in order to all the previous participants who gave up on the whole thing between Vince and Theo. Believe me - I thought it was thoroughly amusing, but I felt helpless as SOMEONE wasn't conceding because of his baseball team. I'm thinking others felt the same. The constant replacing of kings was put on hold. Heck! Even Theo bailed.

All in good fun, right V?

Back