Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Official King of the Hill Thread

Actually, No.

On 6/15/10, Jasoncran made a post, and then two months passed with no one posting. At that time, there were 16 pages on this thread.

Then, on 8/15/10, I began posting. Twelve pages of posts followed in the next six weeks, after I had gotten things re-started.

Nick has been silently watching the Hill the past two weeks and has seen much activity. Noticing that activity around the Hill is dying down, and that Mike seems so relaxed on his Hill, re-taking it is too easy. A mention of a break - bubble bath with cocktails does just the trick.

:wave

Choose your weapons, fiend. Nevermind, I will choose them for you. TURKEY DRUMSTICKS!!! It will be a battle to the ...(death is against the rules? :chin ) to the heartburn!

l'Chante grabs a turkey drumstick and whacks the lesser mortal senseless. :fight

*Bwa ha ha ha ha* The hill is mine. MINE!!! All MINE!!!! *Bwa ha ha ha ha* :biglaugh

Revenge is so sweet....

For those of you who can't figure out what's going on:

1) Today, Sunday, October 3, 2010, was the last day of regular Major League Baseball.
2) BUT, the San Diego Padres and the San Francisco Giants are tied for first place in the National League West. They have to play tomorrow to break the tie.
3) THEN, the loser of that game will be tied with the Atlanta Braves for a wild card. They will play on Tuesday to get the wild card.
4) On Wednesday, the play-offs begin. The National League winner and the American League winner will go to the World Series.

With my experiance as a pirate and thus clear qualifications as a captain, I gather a crew and build a sky-ship. The ship lands on the hill and my crew and I descend. The mass of drinking, hungry pirates see the turkey drumsticks and proceed to fight, but with swords. Soon l'Chante is weaponless and the crew is busy devouring turkey drumsticks. As a vegetarian, I am not fazed by the meat and use the meal time to gain control of the hill.

In true pirate fashion, a mutiny occurs, with me leading the revolt. We leave Cheyenne stranded on a lonely island with nothing but a pistol with one shot. I then take command of the ship, the pirates and the hill.

Feeling sorry for Cheyenne, Vince rows out to her island and drops off a load of turkey drumsticks.

With the baseball play-offs scheduled on Wednesday, Vince is too pre-occupied to try retaking the hill--yet.

Note to Nick: After being in first place most of the year, the Yankees fell to second place in the last week. However, they still have a wild card.

YOU ATE MY WEAPONS?!?!?!?

:couch

In true pirate fashion, a mutiny occurs, with me leading the revolt. We leave Cheyenne stranded on a lonely island with nothing but a pistol with one shot. I then take command of the ship, the pirates and the hill.

Wait a minute...this reference implies a very familiar pirate and movie...which also implies that I can get off the island...
...by stringing sea turtles together with my back hair...
:verysick

Curses!

Well, at least I have rum. :lol

Wait a minute...this reference implies a very familiar pirate and movie...which also implies that I can get off the island...

Curses!

:D
I hoped you'd pick up on that.

Why is the rum always gone? :lol

Curses!

Forget the rum, it's bad for your health.

Dig a hole where the trees are growing, and it will slowly fill with fresh drinking water. Eat turkey legs, relax in the shade, and you'll do fine. If you get tired of turkey legs, break a branch off a tree, use your long black hair to make a fishing line, and tie a piece of turkey to the end for bait.

Forget the rum, it's bad for your health.

Dig a hole where the trees are growing, and it will slowly fill with fresh drinking water. Eat turkey legs, relax in the shade, and you'll do fine. If you get tired of turkey legs, break a branch off a tree, use your long black hair to make a fishing line, and tie a piece of turkey to the end for bait.
I still like the sea turtles idea. :D

Vince comes running up the hill, distributing turkey drumsticks and Phillies Phranks. "The Phillies just beat the Reds 4-0!" he yells. "We're five wins away from going to the World Series!"

Surprised, some of the denizens of the hill stop eating long enough to ask Vince if he isn't going to claim to be King of the Hill. "Not until the Phillies have won the World Series," Vince replies.

I was going to take the hill tonight, but in honor of Vince's loyalty to the Phillies, whose Roy Halladay actually pitched the first no-hitter in over 50 years, I defer my take.

Way to go, Phillies!!!! :salute Way to go Roy! :nod

Boy, I sure am hungry for some turkey for some reason! :confused:

Whoever is king, and I really have no idea who it is, is still king!

Back