Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Perverted Gospel!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So

you reject perpetual justification or eternal security, saved now and can’t be lost! Thks

I reject the opinions of man.

I follow Christ, which means I follow His teachings, not the teachings of man.

I gave you scripture.

Please post the scripture that has the phrase "perpetual justification".

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Here is how we are instructed to remain in Christ -

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

His commandments are about love; loving God and loving our neighbor.

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3
Christians who hate their brother, no longer have eternal life abiding in them.

This truth is spoken of throughout the scriptures.

Here is a couple for you to examine. Both refer to eternal life or not.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
1 John 3:15

again

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1 John 2:4

JLB

Do you believe we must abide in Christ, Jn 15:4 and endure to the end, Matt 24:13 and be found faithful? Rev 17:14

Thanks
Yes, I do.
But unlike most here, I also believe it is possible to actually abide, and endure faithfully until the end .
Most can't grasp the idea of remaining 100% faithful.

The
I reject the opinions of man.

I follow Christ, which means I follow His teachings, not the teachings of man.

I gave you scripture.

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:6

Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us. 1 John 3:24

For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 1 John 5:3

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

again

He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Then I suppose you cannot be saved?
Acts 16:17
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which show unto us the way of salvation.

Yes, I do.
But unlike most here, I also believe it is possible to actually abide, and endure faithfully until the end .
Most can't grasp the idea of remaining 100% faithful.
Please explain

judus

Acts 1:18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

And

Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

And

1 Corinthians 6:10
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

And

Rev 2:13 …Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you…

How is that possible? It says Antipas was faithful!
So some could be unfaithful too!

Btw
(Antipas was ordained priest and consecrated bishop of Petgamo by the apostle John)

O
It could just as easily be said that the girl showed "them" the way to salvation.
Anyone can evangelize, even ignorantly.
nly the apostles are authorized and commanded to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Matt 28:19 your idea only increases errors! Jn 16:13 to the apostles
Apostles are the light (truth) of the world!
The apostolic church the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:15

Please explain
Have you not noticed all the threads intending to refute the idea of obedience to God ?
All of them are trying to incorporate sin into, and by, the body of Christ.
Folks aren't believing we must abide in Christ, Jn 15:4 and enduring to the end, Matt 24:13 and being found faithful, when they are still offending God and neighbor.

Only the apostles are authorized and commanded to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation!
That is the false church's POV, but not God's.
We are to manifest the life and death of the Savior where ever we walk.
Our lives are our ministry to the world.
If only the apostles of Jesus' time could preach the good news, the church would have died out a long time ago.
Was Timothy an apostle ?
How about Apollos ?
How about Aquila ?

That is the false church's POV, but not God's.
We are to manifest the life and death of the Savior where ever we walk.
Our lives are our ministry to the world.
If only the apostles of Jesus' time could preach the good news, the church would have died out a long time ago.
Was Timothy an apostle ?
How about Apollos ?
How about Aquila ?
I said authorized not only

I gave you scripture.

again

JLB

I gave you scripture.

again

JLB
1st I am also opposing perpetual justification or eternal security

2nd I never said it was scripture

3rd like you I believe we are required to have obedience and faithfulness but on our own we cannot do so!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back