Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Ramble On thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
no more snow!!
it's april and the last of the snow is melting
though it being Canada, it will snow a heck of a lot more!

Canada, up north lol...quite up there lol

today was the most boring day ever-I am awaiting call backs from jobs lol
and I gotta sit at home like a cube

I had job offers from whitehorse, dawson and yellowknife but not a place to stay, that is untill i got a job offer at Jasper. :)

John said:
I had job offers from whitehorse, dawson and yellowknife but not a place to stay, that is untill i got a job offer at Jasper. :)

I don't live anywhere pretty or cool lol

This week has been Vacation Bible School. We go to church in a really small town, so all the churches, (except the LDS) join together and have a community VBS. Lot's of fun. I usually do the games.

Anyway, this little girl, about 2 or 3 has come every day. Everyday she shows up with her class. And, everyday, she is completely in her own little world. The first day she followed a bug crawling across the grass. Yesterday, while I was playing a cross between hot-potato and musical chairs with the preschoolers, she sat, covered with peanut butter from head to toe, licking the little paper cup her peanut butter from snack was served in. We had to toss the "potato" around her as she sat and licked.

Today, she twirled around. She just twirled around and around and around. She got dizzy and fell a couple of times, but then she'd get back up and twirl some more.

This whole entire week, every single day, she has had the biggest most cheerful "light-up-the-whole-world-smile" that anyone has ever seen. What a little joy to be around!

Here's to those who march to the beat of a different drummer.

VBS was sooooo awesome this year. For the first year we added a program for the Jr. High kids. Basically, these are kids who have come to VBS ever since they started them and now have gone into Jr.H. Anyway, the program for the older kids consisted of Bible study and service projects. The service projects included a food drive for the local food pantry, lawn care for the Senior Center and a recycling drive, planting veggies at the school garden and planting a flower bed at the church.

The mission project for the whole VBS is a school in NE Arizona which not only teaches the kids, but provides the basics such as a place to get showers, three meals a day, shoes, clothes, you get the idea.

Keep in mind even though our VBS is put on by all the churches in the community, it is nonetheless a very small community (pop 800). Well, between the little kids pocket change and the recycling project the older kids did, the kids were able to raise $368 for the school in Arizona and collect 528 lbs of food for the pantry. :shades

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back