Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Ramble On thread

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm thinking of converting to eastern orthodox. Very good people. And they take things very seriously. Being protestant and American makes their way of doing things a little scary, but I'm warming up to it. The prayers and remembering the martyrs seems a good way to constantly give glory to the Lord in everything I do. And the structure and guidance is a plus.

American Christianity tends to be a bit on the softer side, chalked up to the fact that we don't really experience any true persecution in this part of the world. I'm always impressed by the strong faiths of those in the underground church in China or the Middle East, who actually suffer violence for the faith. While I consider myself blessed that I am able to live in a first world country where, other than ridicule and general disdain, I don't have to worry about such things. But at the same time, fire refines.

"Then God came . . ." (Numbers 22:9-12/nkjv)

Wow! "THEN GOD CAME!"

Good words to meditate on.

No matter the challenges . . .

God comes to the scene of the rescue.

" . . . you shall not curse the people, for they are blessed." (vs. 12)

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

when you don't get what you desire you get more than you deserve...don't get confuse with chasing your dreams and chasing God's best...S

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
~John 16:33 KJV

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
~John 16:33 KJV

Very challenging verse for us all to remember, yes.

Blessings.

Coins make a sound when dropped, but paper bills won't.

Lesson: When your value increases, keep yourself silent and be humble.<O:tongue</O:tongue

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."~Psalm 27:14 KJV
I love how these little reminders come up at just the right time.

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."~Psalm 27:14 KJV
I love how these little reminders come up at just the right time.

questdriven:

Great verses there. A friend of mine has just been bereaved and there is nothing to replace simply waiting for and trusting in the Lord for His daily strength and grace.

Blessings.

Just a lazy Sunday afternoon.:sleep

Somehow I hurt my foot or something last night. Hurts to put weight on it and I swear I can hear it cracking sometimes.:confused:

Back