Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The rapture of the Church

Zero Link said:
s
corpia, cmon now.. I mean you are interpreting this wayyy too deeply.
am i interpreting the bible, dude?

[quote:cf043]You said there is no rapture when the bible clearly speaks of it.
I said the Lord God Jesus Christ taught us that there is no RAPTURE WHATSOEVER that will take the believers out of the Great Tribulation Period. The bible doesn't speak of any rapture nor any essence of it but of the coming back of the Lord. Can you paste that part of the bible which speaks about this stuff?

Dude, WHAT.....ARE YOU......TALKING ABOUT?
Just look around the globe and you will see them, dude.

You read something totally wrong there, you got this whole thing twisted.
REAd where and what, I know what I'm talking about because I learned them directly from the Lord God Jesus Christ and not from the bible, dude.

The bible even tells us that God will cut the time short(the great tribulation) for if the time wouldn't be cut short, there will be no survivors left...
That's what anybody can read from the bible but the sad part today is that the Lord God Jesus Christ does not affirmed the truth about that passage of the bible. Go direct to God and ask this thing from Him instead of putting all your trust in what is only written in the bible, they are not the Lord God in the first place, are they?

So you are saying the anti-christ has the devils powers....
I learned them from the Lord hence spreading same to all nations and tongues. Not only devil powers but temporary powers which will equal with some of God powers but only for a specific time and it is in this part that many will be further led astray of the way leading to the kingdom of God.

so just because he has the devils powers, that means he can control how he rules the world for however long he wants?
Is there anything of this sort in my post? Or is this an interpretation of what I posted?

Please, read the bible some more and stop over interpreting it.
Maybe you got the wrong address in this part. I am not interpreting the bible , dude. I am sharing with you guys here what we have learned directly from the Lord God Jesus Christ himself.
Then, you say we are in the Great Tribulation times right now..
I said look around the globe and be always vigilant, dude.

Who told you that?
The Lord God Jesus Christ himself.

What makes you even think that?
Not that I think of that but I learned same directly from the Lord God Jesus Christ.

Do you see any abomination of desolation out there?
My trust is in the Lord God Jesus Christ himself and not in any written scriptures which only testify to the reality of the existence of God and which further tell us to go direct and study and learn from God. I tell you guys that the time of this devil is not yet come but soon to come, brace yourself then.

Do you see any ads saying some dude performed fantastic miracles?? ORRR do you see annyyy type of peace going on in this world? No.
With miracles, probably you're not watching daily tv newscast, religious programs, or any multi-media newscast or anything of this sort.

So that means we aren't at the Great Tribulation. Im tired of people saying we are close to the great tribulation, like its months away... you don't know when its coming, i don't know when its coming. So lets stop trying to guess if its close, or if its years away, or even something silly like (its here right now, we're in it).
I am not guessing, dude. Don't be caught flat footed by this one. All you have to do is to awake and look at the things around the globe. The Great Tribulation according to the Lord is no other but this "isle by isle judgment" occurring right now.
And another thing, about the rapture.. alot of people just read the bible.. one part in the revelation and say ok its a done deal. If God said we shall not suffer his Wrath then that must mean we are going to be gone before then.... and God's Wrath starts right when the Mid-Point Great Tribulation(when we finally reach Daniel's 70th week)... meaning we will be gone before then. I don't know how, i don't know when.. But we will...
Listen only to God himself and not to anyone, any written scripture, and anything. Only God can bring you to the whole TRUTH, remember that.

And alot of people say we are going to stay because of the elect was mentioned.. We aren't the only elects.. He didn't say the Church, he said the elect, the jews.. the chosen ones.. which are HIS PEOPLE... they have to stay through all of it because of the sins they have done *not the ones that are with God*.. notice how it says even after Jesus Second coming to get the rest of his people, it says he will have a seal on their heads, 777 and they shall not be touched (it didn't say it exactly like that but i can't find the script right now and im half sleep *needs sleep*) but something like that.. THATS THE ELECT... Still here because they have to suffer the great trib. AND God's Wrath... as someone posted on this forum earlier.. I think it was Judy.. Well, im off to sleep
Don't let yourself be swayed to and fro by these thoughts and wisdoms of men and of what is written, again as I said, call on and come directly to God and listen only to God who is our only Good Pastor and Teacher who can bring us to the TRUTH and who can only reward us with salvation and eternal life.

later on you all and I hope this doesn't lead off into a explicit arguement.
[/quote:cf043]
Go direct to God and let yourself be not bothered by these thoughts and wisdoms of men and of any written scripture by putting all your trust and confidence in God alone - you will find rest and peace.

Zero Link said:
Pre Trib = rapture before the great trib.
Post Trib = during or after
Pre Wrath= Before God's Wrath
and God's Wrath doesn't start until the Post Trib.

so you guys do the math. :fadein:

Pre, post or mid trib what? Are you straining at gnats again? You cannot add 2 to 2 and get anything other than 4. If you come up with 3 or 5, you are wrong. There is no rapture. So you do the math again. This time check your work to make sure you have the right answer.

One thing that you scholars seem to have overlooked, or swept under the rug in an effort to find support for your delusion, is that the Crucifixion appeased, once and for all, the wrath of God. If not, Jesus was tortured and hanged on a tree in vain.

When many of us use the word "wrath" we think of anger and retribution. But that isn't exactly in line with the Greek word which we (mis)translate as "wrath." Orgay indicates intensity of emotion. And anger isn't necessarily the emotion intended. It could also mean desire. Many times we read "anger" when we see the word "wrath", but in reality we are really seeing a reference to God's excited desire for us. Remember that God is love. Hatred and retribution are not part of who He is. (Remember the Cross?) And we have to bear that in mind when we search for a conclusion as to what Orgay may mean.

2 plus 2 does equal 4. I have done the math. I have checked my work. I know whereof I speak.

Alright, I quit.

Im tired of debating and arguing over if the rapture is coming or not. I know the rapture is true... The big question is when is it going to happen. Alot may think they know and alot will come up with some out of the blue stories that makes no sense at all.(not saying that they aren't true). If the worst happens expect the worse, and if the best happens be happy. Thats just how I've set my heart. If the Great Tribulation is around the corner then so be it. Do you think God wants us to argue over the rapture or the great tribulation?

Instead of arguing all we need to do is just be ready..
For those that wants to survive the Great Tribulation if we go through it then when you see the abomination of desolation starting you go get you and your family, friends or whoever, food(preferably food that has seeds in it that you can plant) and scram somewhere.. maybe to a forest where there is dirt, soil where you can plant your stuff.. or out in the plains or somewhere thats best (An Island is where I would want to go).. and pray that God will take care of you( and/or your family and friends) there.

OR if you don't want to survive then you just stay here and be bold and ready to die for Jesus Christ..

But alot of you will want to survive...
So instead of arguing, we should be trying to figure out how to survive this Great Tribulation, and help the churches out because they need to preach about the upcoming worst event.. This way alot will know and won't be fooled. I was soo shocked when my friends and family said they had no idea about this horrifying event. But instead of being horrifying, if we work together and make a place somewhere out of the city or on a stranded island then we could actually make this not that bad.. if we are out of its way, and not bring this up to any type of media or something that will reveal the plan.

Its all type of ways to out do this Great Tribulation if you are with God.. You just have to move around and get situated when you find a spot where God can take care of you.. and pray that you can catch fish in the sea when these days come upon us.. like they use to do aloong time ago.. and pray that your fire will keep you warm on cold nights, and pray that you bring along plenty more people so you can build a good shelter and live on that island, or in the mountians, or in the forest until God comes.. and continue to have faith and keep your faith strong. And just as Lott didn't look back at Soddom and Gohmora(sorry if i spelled that wrong) we should go back to the city for anything.

And just remember whatever happens.. if we make it out, alive or dead, the rewards for us are unimagineable.

And the rewards, being with God, being on earth for another 1000 years.. no pain no anything just pure freedom and worry free. Cmon, and think about the stuff we couldn't do on this earth before.. lol you never know, we probably could fly.. we might be give powers to do stuff. You never know. Just thinking about it now makes me wonder why am I worried and arguing about this? Its nonesense.. Instead of talking about the Great Tribulation, lets talk about after the Great Trib.. The New 1000 years on earth with Lord Jesus Christ... And the people that we would meet.

I mean cmon now, who would skip a chance to meet Adam or Eve? Shake their hand and such.. John the Baptist, Abraham, Moses and many others that will take me too long to mention.. and cmon now, who would NOT want to be with Jesus Christ?..(im talking about us, as ini the ones with God).
All these rewards plus more and we wanna talk about The Great Tribulation? Pshh, you guys go ahead but im through.. Why don't someone make a topic about when we will reign with Christ for 1000 years or after that time.. and lets put away this great tribulation prophecy behind us.. and when it comes let it come, and let it not trouble us... for if we die, we die, if we live, we live.. because there is much more to this than the great trib....

God bless us all.
-Zero

I've just accidentally hit a key that deleted @ 10 minutes reply & only have time to say Scorpia only CLAIMS to get his garbage from God, just as Jesus prophesied many false prophets in Matt 24

Ben J

I've already printed Matt 24

AFTER Jesus prophesied the fall of Jerusalem, His friends asked Him about His return, the end of the age & what signs would show it to be near

Ever since the 'fig tree' of Israel 'put forth her leaves' in her 1948 rebirth, (also prophesied for the endtimes in Jeremiah 31 & Ezekiel 36 etc), we have seen the multiplying, intensifying 'birthpains' serving to bring on the Great Delivery of all who love Jesus, by the instant airlift Rapture rescue so clearly promised in Matt 24:30-31 & 1 Corithians 15:51-58 & 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:11 - all of which are printed in this thread

Of course we need it: I've already printed 2 Peter 3 @ the world being destroyed by fire

See also Isaiah 24

Isaiah 24 (New International Version)

The LORD's Devastation of the Earth

1 See, the LORD is going to lay waste the earth
and devastate it;

he will ruin its face
and scatter its inhabitants-
2 it will be the same
for priest as for people,
for master as for servant,
for mistress as for maid,
for seller as for buyer,
for borrower as for lender,
for debtor as for creditor.

3 The earth will be completely laid waste
and totally plundered.
The LORD has spoken this word.

4 The earth dries up and withers,
the world languishes and withers,
the exalted of the earth languish.

5 The earth is defiled by its people;
they have disobeyed the laws,
violated the statutes
and broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore a curse consumes the earth;
its people must bear their guilt.
Therefore earth's inhabitants are burned up,
and very few are left.

7 The new wine dries up and the vine withers;
all the merrymakers groan.

8 The gaiety of the tambourines is stilled,
the noise of the revelers has stopped,
the joyful harp is silent.

9 No longer do they drink wine with a song;
the beer is bitter to its drinkers.

10 The ruined city lies desolate;
the entrance to every house is barred.

11 In the streets they cry out for wine;
all joy turns to gloom,
all gaiety is banished from the earth.

12 The city is left in ruins,
its gate is battered to pieces.

13 So will it be on the earth
and among the nations,
as when an olive tree is beaten,
or as when gleanings are left after the grape harvest.

14 They raise their voices, they shout for joy;
from the west they acclaim the LORD's majesty.

15 Therefore in the east give glory to the LORD;
exalt the name of the LORD, the God of Israel,
in the islands of the sea.

16 From the ends of the earth we hear singing:
"Glory to the Righteous One."
But I said, "I waste away, I waste away!
Woe to me!
The treacherous betray!
With treachery the treacherous betray!"

17 Terror and pit and snare await you,
O people of the earth.

18 Whoever flees at the sound of terror
will fall into a pit;
whoever climbs out of the pit
will be caught in a snare.
The floodgates of the heavens are opened,
the foundations of the earth shake.

19 The earth is broken up,
the earth is split asunder,
the earth is thoroughly shaken.

20 The earth reels like a drunkard,
it sways like a hut in the wind;
so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion
that it fallsâ€â€never to rise again.

21 In that day the LORD will punish
the powers in the heavens above
and the kings on the earth below.

22 They will be herded together
like prisoners bound in a dungeon;
they will be shut up in prison
and be punished [a] after many days.

23 The moon will be abashed, the sun ashamed;
for the LORD Almighty will reign
on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,
and before its elders, gloriously.

'Being mature' didn't stop Christians being blown up in 9/11, 7/7 etc

& nowhere have I told folk to 'sit & do nothing'

I frequently urge the completion of the Great Commission of Matt 28 & Mark 16 - to speed the Lord's return & to cut short the awful persecution of so many Christians worldwide - as in regular updates from http://www.persecution.com that I post weekly in Prayer Requests Forum - as in this reminder about this Sunday's International Day of Prayer for the persecuted - http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26110

My last post here said @ accidental instant delete of @ 10 minutes' reply

The Rapture, just as instantly, will remove true Christians from Earth so that the Revelation 6-19 wrath/judgements of God may be poured out on all who reject the gospel

Jesus there will 'tread the winepress of the fierceness of the wrath of God'

"NOW is the day of salvation"

"TODAY, if you hear God's voice, don't harden your heart"

Must go

God bless!

Ian

Ian;

For the sake of readability, I will break this up into two parts.

Part the First:

In regards to Matthew 24, Let me paste it in here. I will take the liberty to point out along the way how it is already a thing of history. There is not one whit of reason for us to make it the eschatological, apocalyptic masterpiece of confusion and division it has become in the present day.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out from the temple, and was going on his way; and his disciples came to him to show him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 But he answered and said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

History shows that this was fulfilled when Titus sacked Jerusalem in 70 a.d. Literally, word for word, just as Jesus foretold.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat on the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The word world here is 165, aion; the one you guys keep insisting should be translated as eternity. Here, world is also a blatant mistranslation. The word aion means age, in every instance where it is used, it speaks clearly of a length of time with a clear beginning and a clear ending. That is what the disciples are asking Him about here. " What are the signs of the end of the age?"This is in clear reference to the age they then lived in, and not the one we now live in.

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man lead you astray. What a pregnant mouthful in reference to this debate! Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ; and shall lead many astray.
Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars; see that ye be not troubled: for these things must needs come to pass; but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; and there shall be famines and earthquakes in divers places.
Mat 24:8 But all these things are the beginning of travail.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up unto tribulation, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all the nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many stumble, and shall deliver up one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall be multiplied, the love of the many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved.

End of what? The end of that age. That is the context of the question asked of Jesus, and the context of His answer. To try to apply these words to any other time period or set of prophecies is to take them out of context, fostering confusion and endless debate. It is also improper and irresponsible.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.
Mat 24:15 When therefore ye see the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let him that readeth understand),
Mat 24:16 then let them that are in Judaea flee unto the mountains:
Mat 24:17 let him that is on the housetop not go down to take out things that are in his house:
Mat 24:18 and let him that is in the field not return back to take his cloak.
Mat 24:19 But woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days!
Mat 24:20 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on a sabbath:

This passage is speaking of the dispersion of the Jewish people in Judea at the time that the Roman Army decimates Jerusalem. He is telling them here to flee Jerusalem in the most urgent manner. He really did mean just what He said: that it would be bad for nursing mothers. It is hard for a nursing mother to flee with the haste He dictates here. That is also why He said for them to pray that their flight not be in winter or on the Sabbath.

Josephus tells the story of the Roman conquest of Jerusalem. All of the things prophesied by Jesus here are recorded in graphic detail for all the world to see. There is no question that what Jesus prophesies here was fulfilled when Titus invaded Jerusalem. Read it and wonder why people have problems not laughing at you when you try to make this into some kind of end-times Rapture scenario.

Mat 24:21 for then shall be great tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22 And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Here, Jesus is indicating that the age they then lived in would be brought to an early close for the sake of not destroying all flesh (by means of the affliction, thlipsis, here (mis)translated tribulation) especially and specifically the elect's flesh.

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is the Christ, or, Here; believe it not.
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you beforehand.
Mat 24:26 If therefore they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the wilderness; go not forth: Behold, he is in the inner chambers; believe it not.
Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh forth from the east, and is seen even unto the west; so shall be the coming of the Son of man.
Mat 24:28 Wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
Mat 24:29 But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

After the destruction of Jerusalem, the sacking of the Temple, and the dispersion of the Jews from Jerusalem, the powers of the then known world will be shaken as the Disciples take the message of the Gospel to the far corners of the world. The Kings and rulers of the world will moan in fear and anguish because of the Message sweeping across their kingdoms without abatement. Signs followed them. People were raised form the dead, demons cast out and sicknesses healed, and the powers that ruled the world were powerless to stop it. Even executing the messengers just made it spread faster.

Mat 24:31 And he shall send forth his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Mat 24:32 Now from the fig tree learn her parable: when her branch is now become tender, and putteth forth its leaves, ye know that the summer is nigh;
Mat 24:33 even so ye also, when ye see all these things, know ye that he is nigh, even at the doors.

Thank you. More to follow.

Ian;

What follows is Part the second:

Here, Jesus says for us to learn a parable of the fig tree. People make this into an apocalyptic prophecy of the rebirth of Israel, and there is no need for that. He didn't say anything that would make that interpretation necessary. He merely said, "Learn the parable of the Fig tree. When you see all these things; the destruction of Jerusalem, the dispersion of the Jews, the sacking of the Temple; the coming of the Son of Man is near."

As far as trumpets and angels gathering the elect from the four winds of heaven; God sent forth His messengers with the Gospel. That message has gone to the far corners of the known world. And everywhere it has gone, the Elect has responded. The same message is still going forth, and the elect are still responding when they hear it.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all these things be accomplished.

For those of you who have a tendency to use the word "generation" here to refer to the Jewish race, it could also just as accurately be translated as saying that the current generation, then hearing the sound of His voice would not pass away, til all these things be fulfilled. There is no need to get apocalyptic with this verse. It very simply said that the age group of people He was speaking to at that moment would not pass from the scene without seeing the fulfillment of His words.

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

His words are more certain than the existence of the universe.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.
Mat 24:37 And as were the days of Noah, so shall be the coming of the Son of man.
Mat 24:38 For as in those days which were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 and they knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall be the coming of the Son of man.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two men be in the field; one is taken, and one is left:
Mat 24:41 two women shall be grinding at the mill; one is taken, and one is left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not on what day your Lord cometh.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready; for in an hour that ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Jesus here is equating the end of the age with the coming of the Son of Man. Which, by necessity, if the destruction of Jerusalem was the end of the age they then lived in, the coming of the Son of Man was the beginning of the age we now live in. But He doesn’t spend a whole lot of time referencing the age to come. To paraphrase: “I don’t know when these things will be. Only God does. And He chooses not to tell even the angels in Heaven. Just pray that you don’t have to take flight from Jerusalem in the winter time. It isn’t going to be easy for the nursing mothers or the pregnant women. Just be watching and be ready.â€Â
The end of the age and the coming of the Son of Man will be sudden and cataclysmic, and the generation He spoke these words to would be the generation that would see these things come to pass.

It is foundless conjecture to try to make this passage into an eschatological message. It is historical. The annals of history testify to this. To make this a warning of end time dread only fosters confusion. This is confirmed by the current raging debate over whether the rapture will be a mid, pre, or post trib occurrence. And we all will agree that God is not the author of confusion. Not to mention that the rapture isn’t even scriptural in and of itself.

Mat 24:45 Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath set over his household, to give them their food in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, that he will set him over all that he hath.
Mat 24:48 But if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord tarrieth;
Mat 24:49 and shall begin to beat his fellow-servants, and shall eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 the lord of that servant shall come in a day when he expecteth not, and in an hour when he knoweth not,
Mat 24:51 and shall cut him asunder, and appoint his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.
Herein is the warning we all need to pay heed to. It has to do with being watchful and being a careful steward of what has been given to us. The warning is that the careless, lazy Christians will not be immune to the fate of the lost. Being careful watchful stewards of His grace is probably the most important thing we could be.

MrVersatile48 said:
I've just accidentally hit a key that deleted @ 10 minutes reply & only have time to say Scorpia only CLAIMS to get his garbage from God, just as Jesus prophesied many false prophets in Matt 24
What made you say this one? What's your basis?

BenJasher said:
There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

History shows that this was fulfilled when Titus sacked Jerusalem in 70 a.d. Literally, word for word, just as Jesus foretold.
YOu have a point here Ben but the Lord also said something similar to this one where nothing will be left unturned or where all things will be melt with fervent heat which pertains to the total destruction of all things come Judgment day.

[quote:de0ff] " What are the signs of the end of the age?"This is in clear reference to the age they then lived in, and not the one we now live in.[/color]
C'mon Ben, the sign of the end of the age is no other but the Judgment day or the coming back of the Lord God Jesus Christ to end all these things to give way for the coming down of the Paradise and the formation of the planet of Hell. The Lord said that none of these things that we see today will be left unturned. We learned these things from the Lord and not only from the bible alone.

[quote:de0ff]End of what? The end of that age. That is the context of the question asked of Jesus, and the context of His answer. To try to apply these words to any other time period or set of prophecies is to take them out of context, fostering confusion and endless debate. It is also improper and irresponsible.
[/quote:de0ff][/quote:de0ff]
The best reply to this issue is from whom and with whom did you learn these things Ben?

Well, Scorpia, I will answer your question when you tell me by what or who's authority you use these same scriptures to blind the eyes of the innocent to the truth contained in them.

BenJasher said:
Well, Scorpia, I will answer your question when you tell me by what or who's authority you use these same scriptures to blind the eyes of the innocent to the truth contained in them.
Under the authority and tutelage of the Lord God Jesus Christ himself who is now our Good Pastor, Leader, Teacher, Overseer, and Keeper. We are now as in the days of the apostles and the disciples.

As Hebrews 13:8 says, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

& as 2 Tim 3:16-17 says, All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

What Scorpia says, several times, is the same as claiming, "God told me that His eternal Word - the Bible - is wrong"

No way: the Bible is the 'plumbline' by which we are told to weigh what is said - by anyone

As the Bereans were commended in Acts 17:11

11Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

'Test everything: hold on fast to the good'

Ian

Scorpia,

At the very least, the Pharisees and the Sadducees had enough mental agility to know when Jesus had set a trap for them when they questioned Him. They also had enough mental acuity to not give an answer. It's a shame that you didn't.

When you figure out what I mean by that, come back and talk to me again. Til then, buckle up Buttercup. Someone is about to knock you off the fence post you are perched on.

From this point forward, I will refer to you as Buttercup.

MrVersatile48 said:
As Hebrews 13:8 says, Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

& as 2 Tim 3:16-17 says, All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

What Scorpia says, several times, is the same as claiming, "God told me that His eternal Word - the Bible - is wrong"

No way: the Bible is the 'plumbline' by which we are told to weigh what is said - by anyone

As the Bereans were commended in Acts 17:11

11Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

'Test everything: hold on fast to the good'

Ian
As Ben asked of me, by whom or with whom did you learn all these things MrVersatile48 and under whose authority are you saying same now?

BenJasher said:
Scorpia,

At the very least, the Pharisees and the Sadducees had enough mental agility to know when Jesus had set a trap for them when they questioned Him. They also had enough mental acuity to not give an answer. It's a shame that you didn't.

When you figure out what I mean by that, come back and talk to me again. Til then, buckle up Buttercup. Someone is about to knock you off the fence post you are perched on.

From this point forward, I will refer to you as Buttercup.
I did tell you the truth and it's up to you where to put yourself in. Call me whatever you want to but you cannot erase from my mind what the Lord God Jesus Christ is doing unto us right now. We will continue to listen to the Lord but not to the ridicules and persecutions of men, whose to lose something in the end anyway?

ACTUALLY Buttercup,

When I asked you about authority, it was in response to your challenge of my authority to say the things I did. I was answering a challenge with a challenge.

It would seem to me in reading your responses to the things said to you since then, that the meaning of my words have escaped you somehow.

But all of this quibbling is off topic. What does all of this have to do with a figment of someone's imagination commonly known as The Rapture of The Church?

BenJasher said:
ACTUALLY Buttercup,

When I asked you about authority, it was in response to your challenge of my authority to say the things I did. I was answering a challenge with a challenge.

It would seem to me in reading your responses to the things said to you since then, that the meaning of my words have escaped you somehow.

But all of this quibbling is off topic. What does all of this have to do with a figment of someone's imagination commonly known as The Rapture of The Church?
It doesn't matter at all whether you did respond to me in that way bacause I am sincere in my answer and I do not run in cirlce nor beat around the bush.

The Sauducees and Pharisees were fond of setting traps, are you one among them? But is totally out of my mind and I just wanted to know to whom or by whom did you learn those things, no less no more than that. I do not understand what you mean by your words, "my words have escaped you somehow", what so special about your words? What is the trap about your words?

What I wanted you guys to know is that the Lord God Jesus Christ deny that the teaching about rapture of the church is not true and so are men's interpretation of the verses they attrubute to this thing. That is what my post has to do with the rapture of the church.

I believe you are sincere. I have no problem believing that. But you are beginning to confuse me.

Do you, or do you not intend for us to think you believe in a rapture of some kind?

If I read some of your words correctly, I may have been wrong about you in the whole time of our exchange of words.

D46 said:
There WILL be a rapture of the church and it will occur before the Tribulation period. Some of these suggestions here are out in left field. :-?

I absolutely concur. Meeting the Lord in the air might be a better way to say it. Just as Enoch was taken before the flood, and Noah was preserved through it, so shall the church, the bride, be removed, as Israel remains and is preserved through the tribulation.

Back