Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Real Toronto Blessing

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's not difficult to make fun of almost anything. Most of you have had your belly laughs about the Wal-Mart videos..... BUT you, yourself, have also walked the isles of that store. Think about that.

The Toronto Blessing has been a magnet for criticism. Many of you have scoffed at it (so have I, when I saw some of the selected films). Yet, for at least the first couple of years, it was not what the stuffy "Christian" ferrets have tried to make it. Yes, I do believe that as time went on, and God was pretty much finished with the work there, men tried (under their own power) to keep it going. And even our own church (The Vineyard) who, at first sponsored it, pulled their backing due to seeing the influence of men's own carnal efforts.

I know there are some serious, thinking people here (not all... but, SOME :missyou), so I thought those people might enjoy seeing the truth about The Toronto Blessing. Use your God-given brain and eyes. Look for the barking dogs... look way in the background of each scene. Try to find the "weird" stuff that, admittedly, DID begin to occur later on. You won't find any of that stuff. You won't see "nuts", all wild-eyed with fanaticism. If you truly look to see God, you will.

Enjoy. (After the first minute, or so, of intro, you may have to do some mouse clicking to <RESUME> it for the full hour.)

I'm new in here so hi to everyone. When the UK received the TB lots of people were sceptic, me included. But as I opened up to the Lord, He brought many emotional healings to me, much release, I miss those days, I desire to see the Lord come in power again and shake His church, and free His people from thier complacency in Him, me included! He has so much more for His people so they may be more effective in the world. Come Lord Jesus!

It's sort of like a spiritual Woodstock. If you don't get up and go when you hear about it.... it's over before you know it, and all you hear are stories of the dirty hippies, and the dope........ instead of the thrill of loving fellowship.

I'm new in here so hi to everyone. When the UK received the TB lots of people were sceptic, me included. But as I opened up to the Lord, He brought many emotional healings to me, much release, I miss those days, I desire to see the Lord come in power again and shake His church, and free His people from thier complacency in Him, me included! He has so much more for His people so they may be more effective in the world. Come Lord Jesus!

:wave2 shepherdfollower and welcome to CF.

I do agree that the Churches need a good shaking and that many a feet are set back on the right narrow path again.

David was leaping and dancing in the Spirit of God, 2 Samuel 6:14-16. The officers from the chief priests and Pharisees were taken over by that of Gods Spirit when they came to take Jesus away they were slain (fell backwards to the ground) in the Spirit at Gods presence in Christ, John 18:6. On the day of Pentecost those in the upper room were as being drunk when they were filled with the Holy Spirit and also began speaking in tongues and prophesied, Acts 2:4, 15,16; Joel 2:28-32.

When one is filled with the out pouring of the Holy Spirit it is hard to contain such emotion of joy and jubilation. I have danced in the Spirit, sang in the Spirit, spoken in tongues given by the Spirit and with interpretation. There have been many times I have been drunk in the new wine of the Holy Spirit indwelling every part of me that I could not stand without falling and all I could do was sit there and laugh as the joy of the Lord was so overwhelming. Don't even get me started on the Holy Ghost goose bumps.

There are fakes out there and if you are truly indwelled with the Holy Spirit you can discern as many get more caught up into the fleshly emotionalism of the service that has nothing to do with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and leave out that of the teachings of the Gospel and this must not be so to do as with any service we also need Gods word as everything needs to be in proper order.

Psa 150:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
Psa 150:2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Psa 150:3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
Psa 150:4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Psa 150:5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
Psa 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back