Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is our answer in times of need.

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

Bible Study The Revelation, a verse by verse systematic study

Rodger

I am sorry you feel this way and in no way was I trying to hijack this thread as I was only trying to encourage you to post a little at a time instead of so many postings and wait until you got any responses in order to discuss and then post more. Like I said, you had 559 views and that in its self should show you that even if they do not reply at least the possibility is that they are reading them. I've made many post that have been viewed, but no replies and that's just fine with me.

BTW, you said my replies were to long for you to read, but yet your postings are very long. If you are not going to read what others post in hopes of having a good discussion that deals with what you have written, then do not expect others to read your long ones. Nothing against you, but just saying.

I have been approached by several people asking for the Rev. Study to be started again.

I will be blessed to do so and if you have a responce, please make it but PLEASE, lets not go down personal rabbit holes that become confrontational.

God bless us as we read and study the Word of God.

Revelation 1:10...………..
"On the LORD's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet".

Being IN the Spirit, John was then unable to make a mistake. He was lead and taught by the Spirit of God.

The Lord's day is of course everyday of the week. However, in this case, it is the FIRST day of the week which is the day Christ rose from the dead and as Christians we worship on that day which is Sunday.

Most Bible teachers say that the "Sound of a Trumpet" is the voice of the Lord Jesus Christ. I do not claim to be a scholar in any way whatsoever, but I believe that it is the voice of God as well.

I am one who believes that when the "Trump" of God sounds it will be the voice of the Lord Jesus Christ calling us by name to come home to be with Him.

The Lord's day being the day of the Lord is a day of Gods great wrath being poured out into the world that will have a great impact on those who refuse to repent and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. It is always pointed out as the day at hand meaning in Gods timing in Rev 1:10. The phrase "the day of the Lord" is used nineteen times in the Old Testament (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31; 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 15; Zephaniah 1:7,14; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi. 4:5) and five times in the New Testament (Acts 2:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; 2 Peter 3:10; Rev 1:10). It is also alluded to in other passages like Revelation 6:17; 16:14.

The Lord's day only appears once in scripture in Rev 1:10. It gives no reference to what day of the week it was as every day is the Lord's day, but more specific is also referred to the Sabbath day beginning Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset.

John was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, but yet in his physical body when he received from the angel Jesus sent to him who gave him all these revelations that he wrote down. Throughout scripture the Lord's day is usually referred to as the Sabbath being the seventh day of the week, Genesis 2:1-3 a day of rest.

The Lord's day being the day of the Lord is a day of Gods great wrath being poured out into the world that will have a great impact on those who refuse to repent and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. It is always pointed out as the day at hand meaning in Gods timing in Rev 1:10. The phrase "the day of the Lord" is used nineteen times in the Old Testament (Isaiah 2:12; 13:6, 9; Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3; Joel 1:15, 2:1,11,31; 3:14; Amos 5:18,20; Obadiah 15; Zephaniah 1:7,14; Zechariah 14:1; Malachi. 4:5) and five times in the New Testament (Acts 2:20; 1 Thessalonians 5:2; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; 2 Peter 3:10; Rev 1:10). It is also alluded to in other passages like Revelation 6:17; 16:14.

The Lord's day only appears once in scripture in Rev 1:10. It gives no reference to what day of the week it was as every day is the Lord's day, but more specific is also referred to the Sabbath day beginning Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset.

John was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, but yet in his physical body when he received from the angel Jesus sent to him who gave him all these revelations that he wrote down. Throughout scripture the Lord's day is usually referred to as the Sabbath being the seventh day of the week, Genesis 2:1-3 a day of rest.
Thanks for the reply.

As stated, John was somehow "in the Spirit," when he heard a loud voice behind that sounded like a trumpet. This might refer to a state of deep communication with God, or even an overt moment of control by the Holy Spirit which is what I personally believe.

Some scholars believe that by "Lord's day" John was referring to the tribulation, the seven years of judgments that follow the rapture and that certainly could be the case.

It is true that the term "day of the Lord" is used in the Old Testament (Joel 2:1) and 2 Thessalonians 2:2 to refer to the tribulation. However, that does not seem to be what John means in this verse IMHO.

When we read In 2 Thessalonians 2:2 that Paul wrote that the claim that the day of the Lord had already come was false. He declared it was still in the future, and would follow a rebellion—an apostasy—and the appearance of the "man of lawlessness."

Most likely, then, John's use of "the Lord's day" implies the first day of the week, when Christians gathered for worship (Acts 20:7).

John writes that he heard a loud voice that sounded like a trumpet. The word for trumpet used here specifically identifies a war trumpet. This would certainly have gotten John's attention. It was definitely a commanding voice that must be heeded and "IF" it is the voice of Jesus Christ, it will be heard.

Thanks for the reply.

As stated, John was somehow "in the Spirit," when he heard a loud voice behind that sounded like a trumpet. This might refer to a state of deep communication with God, or even an overt moment of control by the Holy Spirit which is what I personally believe.

Some scholars believe that by "Lord's day" John was referring to the tribulation, the seven years of judgments that follow the rapture and that certainly could be the case.

It is true that the term "day of the Lord" is used in the Old Testament (Joel 2:1) and 2 Thessalonians 2:2 to refer to the tribulation. However, that does not seem to be what John means in this verse IMHO.

When we read In 2 Thessalonians 2:2 that Paul wrote that the claim that the day of the Lord had already come was false. He declared it was still in the future, and would follow a rebellion—an apostasy—and the appearance of the "man of lawlessness."

Most likely, then, John's use of "the Lord's day" implies the first day of the week, when Christians gathered for worship (Acts 20:7).

John writes that he heard a loud voice that sounded like a trumpet. The word for trumpet used here specifically identifies a war trumpet. This would certainly have gotten John's attention. It was definitely a commanding voice that must be heeded and "IF" it is the voice of Jesus Christ, it will be heard.

I do not believe in a pretrib Rapture of the Church as it is found nowhere in scripture no matter how all these pretrib preachers try to make scripture line up with what they try to preach.

John was the Apostle to the Church in Ephesus where he lived and wrote four epistles, John, First, Second and Third John. He was exiled to the isle of Patmos by the Roman Emperor Domitian for preaching the word of God in the Roman province of Asia where the seven Churches were located. It is said that John was in his nineties when he was exiled and probably released around 97 AD after Domitian died. John was born around 6 AD and died around 100 AD.

John was in the Spirit (being in the Spirit means being in the presence of Gods Spirit that makes the flesh to weak to stand, John 18:6) on the Lords day that was a chosen day of God in his timing and purpose to reveal these revelations to John. He was not literally taken up to heaven, John 3:13, but only in the Spirit.

Rev 1:1:8 John first heard a great voice as a trumpet as the voice was very distinct to him like that of hearing a trumpet sound in all its great power and authority. John heard the voice saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Ephesus would be the nearest Church to this isle and as supply ships came in someone from the Church would come and take parts of these letters and hide them on their person and take them back to the Church of Ephesus as they were dispersed between all seven Churches.

I do not believe in a pretrib Rapture of the Church as it is found nowhere in scripture no matter how all these pretrib preachers try to make scripture line up with what they try to preach.

John was the Apostle to the Church in Ephesus where he lived and wrote four epistles, John, First, Second and Third John. He was exiled to the isle of Patmos by the Roman Emperor Domitian for preaching the word of God in the Roman province of Asia where the seven Churches were located. It is said that John was in his nineties when he was exiled and probably released around 97 AD after Domitian died. John was born around 6 AD and died around 100 AD.

John was in the Spirit (being in the Spirit means being in the presence of Gods Spirit that makes the flesh to weak to stand, John 18:6) on the Lords day that was a chosen day of God in his timing and purpose to reveal these revelations to John. He was not literally taken up to heaven, John 3:13, but only in the Spirit.

Rev 1:1:8 John first heard a great voice as a trumpet as the voice was very distinct to him like that of hearing a trumpet sound in all its great power and authority. John heard the voice saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Ephesus would be the nearest Church to this isle and as supply ships came in someone from the Church would come and take parts of these letters and hide them on their person and take them back to the Church of Ephesus as they were dispersed between all seven Churches.

I do however accept the Pre-Tribulation Rapture and present it as found in the Scriptures.

No One is forced to believe as I do or as you do. We must all read the Scriptures and allow God to speak to us through them.

When we read the Scriptures in 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.........

And in 1Corth. 50-54
"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory............."

the event called the Rapture can not be denied. The only question is actually "WHEN" does it take place.

Even Revelation 20:5-6 tells us that there are TWO Resurrections and the Rapture is one and the second is one unto death.

My study on Revelation is NOT about the Rapture and I am reluctant to go down that hole as it opens the door to many speculations.

It is true that "words" The Rapture is never directly mentioned in the Bible. However, the "words" Trinity is also NOT in the Bible but those who reject The Rapture are quick to say they believe in the Trinity.

So, I have no intent to debate the Rapture but instead teach the Revelation with the idea that At the time of the Rapture, believers who have died will have their bodies resurrected and, along with believers who are still living, will meet the Lord in the air.

Moving on to Revelation 1:11...………...
"Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

The Holy Spirit here is performing His office work. That is why I pray that the Holy Spirit of God might take the things of Christ and show them to us.

The exact words of Jesus in John 16:13-14 were...………..
"When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you."

We are beginning to get a feel for the glorified Christ. We are considering Him in His office as the "Great High Priest" that He is today.

Please understand what I am saying to all. I know that I am totally incompetent to try and speak about these Scriptures to you. I am completely unqualified and unworthy to bring any exegesis to you.
I am sure that there are many of you reading these words who are more qualified than I am and as in any class or meeting, there are allways those who know more than everyone else.

Only the Holy Spirit of God can make these Scriptures real to us and I am keenly aware that not everyone is going to agree with my thoughts and I am not going to argue with anyone one what you believe. However, Hebrews 3:1 tells all of us that...……...….

"Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest."

In the SEVEN churches we have a composite of all local churches at any particular time. Each church has a major characteristic.

The Church at Ephesus.....................They lost their first love.
The Church at Smyrna.......................It was the persecuted church.
The Church at Pergamos..................It was faithful but tolerated false teachers.
The Church at Thyatira......................This church was dominated by a powerful false prophet.
The Church at Sardis..........................This was a spiritually dying church.
The Church at Philadelphia............Faithful witnessing church.
The Church at Laodica......................Lukewarm church.

There is also a pattern used for each church ............

1. Destination.
2. Description.
3. Commendation.
4. Deficiency.
5. Demand.
6. Discrimination.
7. Promise.

I do however accept the Pre-Tribulation Rapture and present it as found in the Scriptures.

No One is forced to believe as I do or as you do. We must all read the Scriptures and allow God to speak to us through them.

When we read the Scriptures in 1 Thessalonians Chapter 4
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.........

And in 1Corth. 50-54
"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory............."

the event called the Rapture can not be denied. The only question is actually "WHEN" does it take place.

Even Revelation 20:5-6 tells us that there are TWO Resurrections and the Rapture is one and the second is one unto death.

My study on Revelation is NOT about the Rapture and I am reluctant to go down that hole as it opens the door to many speculations.

It is true that "words" The Rapture is never directly mentioned in the Bible. However, the "words" Trinity is also NOT in the Bible but those who reject The Rapture are quick to say they believe in the Trinity.

So, I have no intent to debate the Rapture but instead teach the Revelation with the idea that At the time of the Rapture, believers who have died will have their bodies resurrected and, along with believers who are still living, will meet the Lord in the air.
You have every right to believe how you want. We will just have to respectfully disagree.

Revelation 1:12...……..
"And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks".

Numbers are important in the Bible. The number SEVEN (7) represents...... profound spiritual significance and is associated with themes of completeness, perfection, and God’s divine intervention.
The number SEVEN appears in the Bible more than any other number.

Let’s explore seven metaphors that Jesus used to describe himself:
1. The Bread of Life: John 6:35.
2. The Light of the World: Jesus proclaimed in John 8:12.
3. The Door to Salvation: Jesus said in John 10:9.
4. The Good Shepherd: Jesus declared, in John 10:11.
5. The Resurrection and the Life: Jesus proclaimed in John 11:25.
6. The Way, the Truth, and the Life: Jesus said, in John 14:6.
7. The Vine: Jesus declared, in John 15:15.

Also, A notable example is the original division of the Holy Bible into seven major divisions.

Also, SEVEN
is seen in artifacts, the destruction of Jericho’s fortified walls, which occurred after marching around the city walls for seven days.

In the Old Testament, every seventh year was designated as the Sabbath year, a time of release and rest.

The 7 Candlesticks represents the 7 churches and those 7 represent all church's. As in Genesis 3:8, notice "the voice" is heard. This is the right method in studying the Revelation; we must, like John, "turn to see the voice."

It is hard TO SEE A VOICE!!!!! However it is WHO spoke that is important.

We must look, not to the events about which it seems to us to speak, but to him who utters it. The book is "the Revelation," not of the secrets of history, but "of Jesus Christ."

Hebrews 1:1-3............
"In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven."

Revelation 1:2
"who testifies to everything he saw-that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ."

John is told to bear record of 3 things...…….

1). The Word of God.
2). The testimony of Christ.
3). All the things he saw.

Lots and lots of people accept ESP. Many believe the rantings of Nostradamus. Some people just believe anything that is said to them and of course we all know that everything on the internet is always the truth.

What sets apart our God and His book of truth from all the other gods and nonsense and religious dogma, is that Gods book tells the future with 100% accuracy.

There are four principle viewpoints concerning the interpretation of the Revelation.

1). Preterist.
This view says that the events in the book were already fulfilled in the early history of the church.

2). Historical.
This view sees the book as portraying a panorama of the history of the church from the days of John to the end of time.

3). Idealist.
This view considers the book as a pictorial unfolding of great priciples in constant conflict without reference as prophecy at all.

4. Futurist.
This view sees most of the book, chapters 4 to the end as prophecy yet to be fulfilled. The Futurist view is the one I entertain. I have studied all the others, and the Futurist view is the one that fits together completely with no work or manipulations to make anything understandable.

Christ Jesus is the center of the prophecy. Everything revolves around Him and for Him.

Colossians 1:16-17 ..............
"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

So then, that being understood we see in verse 2...….."Bare record".

That means John was a witness of what he wrote. He SAW the revelation and wrote down what he saw.

Now allow me to give you what I believe is the key to understanding why some of the Revelation seems to be complicated.

John, while on the island of Patmos was allowed to SEE the events that were to take place in the future. Some believe that he was seeing a vision and some believe that he was actually transported by the Holy Spirit into the future and then told to record what he saw. Either one of those explanations is acceptable to me.
The problem is that he did not understand what he was seeing. He was faithful to write it all down as best he could with the mind set he has as a man living in the 1st century.

What he was seeing was 2000 years in the future so he did not have the ability to translate what he SAW to what he knew how to describe in the language he then had.

After we leave chapter 3, that will become more obvious as he will then be talking about future things and events.

Having said that, then YES, there is a lot of symbolic language in the Revelation.
I believe the seven letters in chapter 2 and 3 are a timeline of the 2000 year church age, the seven churches in Asia Minor symbolize seven epoches in chronological order, characterized with seven distinct zeitgeists - "dominant spirit of the age". Historically, these are the early apostolic church, the persecuted church in pagan Rome, the state church in Christian Rome, the Catholic church, the protestant church, the missionary church, and last, the worldly, lukewarm, apostate church we're experiencing. It doesn't mean only one kind a church existed at a time, it means one kind of church is the mainstream. Meanwhile in heaven, Christ the Lamb is crowned and exalted in chapters 4 and 5, and starting from chapter 6 goes the judgement, the white horse the beginning of the end.

I believe the seven letters in chapter 2 and 3 are a timeline of the 2000 year church age, the seven churches in Asia Minor symbolize seven epoches in chronological order, characterized with seven distinct zeitgeists - "dominant spirit of the age". Historically, these are the early apostolic church, the persecuted church in pagan Rome, the state church in Christian Rome, the Catholic church, the protestant church, the missionary church, and last, the worldly, lukewarm, apostate church we're experiencing. It doesn't mean only one kind a church existed at a time, it means one kind of church is the mainstream. Meanwhile in heaven, Christ the Lamb is crowned and exalted in chapters 4 and 5, and starting from chapter 6 goes the judgement, the white horse the beginning of the end.
I have studied that also. I do not find any reason to agree or disagree with that teaching. My point is that there is a reason why the Church was established and a reason why Jesus spoke directly to it.

Acts 2:42, 42 ........
"They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

In Hebrews 10:25, 24 ....
"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

In Ephesians 4:11-13,
"11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,

These Scriptures and more throughout the Old and New Testaments point to God's Word encouraging us to fellowship as one body so He can inhabit our praises and worship. Going to church allows the Lord to build up our character as done in Revelation 2.

Sad, but there are people who won't go to church because someone hurt their feelings. When we don't go to church we don't get discipled, we develop our own doctrine of the Scriptures. When we don't go to church we develop our own doctrine on our terms, instead of God's, and this will expose our errors.
So, by not going to church because of another church member, is this God's fault? No!

Does the Scriptures not teach us about building our relationships and character with one another? Yes!

The seven descriptions that define our pattern for each church is what Jesus is pointing out to John. In other words, we all are accountable and these seven points reveal our individual and church family's character.

John was to write to the seven churches in Asia, which are all the churches that will exist there in the day of the Lord. When He comes to judge His people.
Revelation is the prophecy of Jesus and of his coming, and is primarily relevant to those churches as they will exist on that day.

John was to write to the seven churches in Asia, which are all the churches that will exist there in the day of the Lord. When He comes to judge His people.
Revelation is the prophecy of Jesus and of his coming, and is primarily relevant to those churches as they will exist on that day.
Yeah, of course, but not limited to those seven churches in that period, the hallmarks of those churches subsist throughout the entire church age, they're still relevant, especially Laodicea the last one.

Yeah, of course, but not limited to those seven churches in that period, the hallmarks of those churches subsist throughout the entire church age, they're still relevant, especially Laodicea the last one.
Agreed. Thanks for your imput.

Although the seven letters in Revelation are tailored to the named churches, these churches, and their stated deficiencies can symbolize all churches in one respect or another. Therefore, the instruction given to Revelation’s congregations is valuable to Christian congregations today.

Agreed. Thanks for your imput.

Although the seven letters in Revelation are tailored to the named churches, these churches, and their stated deficiencies can symbolize all churches in one respect or another. Therefore, the instruction given to Revelation’s congregations is valuable to Christian congregations today.
Well, not just instructions. Unlike Paul's epistles, these seven letters are Christ's job reviews, He commented on what these churches have done, it was like he time traveled to the end time and went back to apostle John to give some warnings.

Revelation 1:13 ……..
"And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle."

John heard a voice like a WAR trumpet, and it spoke to him. When the Lord Jesus Christ descends from heaven to remove His church from the earth, HE will come with a shout.

1 Thess. 4:16...…...
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first".

Some here have denied this event referred toas The Rapture. There is in my opinion NO validity to that argument and the only question here is, "WHEN" does 1 Thess. 4:16 take place.

IF we deny in the "Pre-Tribulation Rapture, allow me to ask then, what do we do with 1 Thessalonians 5:9 .... "For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ," (US = Church)
God poured His entire wrath on His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, thus we (the church) are not appointed to God’s wrath (great tribulation). The church is in Jesus Christ thus righteous and saved by Jesus Christ from God’s (father’s) wrath.

In the entire great tribulation period as recorded in Rev 6-19, there is no mention of the church. The church is actually seen again in chapter 19 when it come with Jesus at Armageddon to witness that event.

We see the Lord Jesus pictured as our Great High Priest. His garments are those of the High Priest as seen in Exodus 28:2-4. The garments represent the inherent righteousness of Christ and IN Him is no sin because He knew no sin.

The "girdle" pictures STRENGTH because He is now preparing to judge. All judgment is given unto the Son as HE is the Creator of all things only He can be the judge of all things.

What is Jesus doing today is asked by many people. The Scripture does not leave us in the dark on this question. The Scriptures tell us that Christ has 3 very definite ministries today.

#1. INTERCESSION.

Hebrews 7:25.........
"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

He is standing at the golden alter in heaven today where he intercedes for us.

#2. INTERVENTION.

1 John 1:9...…..
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

He also steps out of the Holy Place to the "laver". There He washes those who have confessed of their sins. YES, ALL Christians have sin and those sins must be confessed in order for us to have fellowship with Him.

#3, INSPECTION.

We do not like this one. It means that He is looking into our hearts. He is telling us to make things right. We just do not like to be told what to do. Just to prove that statement.......take time to go and read through the posts on this very web site and what you will see is that people DO NOT LIKE TO BE TOLD THAT THEY ARE WRONG!

Here my friends is phycological fact:...........
We tend to like what we know and even if that is wrong, we do not like anyone to correct us or change us. But when we are INSPECTED by Christ and found to be wanting we can either FIX what He tells us to fix or we can ignore Him.

Revelation 1:14...…….
"His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire".

This is Christ as seen by John in His Glorified eternal state.

He is pictured in the heavenly throne room.

The first thought that comes to the mind of the apostle being that of wool, and then the thought occurring of its extreme whiteness resembling snow ---
the purest white of which the mind conceives. The comparison with wool and snow to denote anything especially white is not uncommon.

It is not that his hair was literally white, as if with age, which he says would be incongruous to one just risen from the dead, clothed with immortal youth and vigor, but that it means radiant, bright, resplendent - similar to what occurred on the transfiguration.

Revelation 1:15...….
"And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters."

Fire = Judgment. This seems to me to be a picture of the coming judgment.

What a scene!!!

It is a help to all of us that are interested in learning to realize that John wrote the Revelation in "Word Pictures".
Some call this "Symbolic Language".

Most of the time, pictures explain more than words. That is why there is a picture of the product included in the directions of the item you are trying to put together.

Back