Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

THE SONS OF GOD IN GENESIS 6:1-7

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If what you say were true then this future revoking of Satan's visa would not be true:

Rev 12:8
And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Revelation 12:7 kjv
7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8. And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

There was a war (verse 7), and it was in the past. In the book of Job the war had not happened yet. I will let you show me when it happened so that verse 8 is true.

eddif

Revelation 12:7 kjv
7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8. And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

There was a war (verse 7), and it was in the past. In the book of Job the war had not happened yet. I will let you show me when it happened so that verse 8 is true.

eddif
Michael has not fought Satan yet . Revelation is future. So Satan has not yet been banished from heaven.

Where does it say Satan had access to heaven - God's throne?

Not the third heaven, where God's throne is, but heaven.

Heavenly places.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12

JLB

What has been done in Revelation 12 ?

eddif
The Devil is banished forever from heaven, and then has" great wrath" upon the earth .
This is when the final clock begins ticking for him.
There will be no doubt of what is happening when the devil begins to take his final vengeance .

Rev 12:12
Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

So the "sons of God " never left the earth, they merely presented themselves to God in prayer from earth as you claim and yet we are told then that "Satan came also among them".

Satan coming to God "AMONG THEM" in prayer ?
Really ?
Satan praying to God. lol.
By your interpretation that would have to be the case then since if he came in any other way he would not among the company of these sons of God.
A more bizarre & twisted interpretation of scripture I don't ever recall hearing

Job 1:6 "and Satan came also among them"

You really ought to stop now .
Facetious. I don't believe Satan was praying. But he was soon to prey upon Job AT THE LORD'S COMMAND. Notice that in all this it wasn't Satan that was Job's great antagonist, It was God.

"...and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause." Job 2:3.

Christians who believe God has no control whatsoever over His creation give Satan and man the false illusion of free will. This in effect is giving to Lucifer, Satan, Devil, Serpent, and man too much glory.

First, Lucifer is a spirit being. He has no body nor can he create one. When a Christian prays and they have sin-ful thoughts they always seem to think that Satan is attacking him or her. But do you really think Satan who can only be in one place at a TIME is the one really doing the attacking? Really now.
Besides, man doesn't need the assistance to sin. So, if the nature of man, in his flesh, is sin-ful before God then that makes the individual 'satan' [adversary] before God. It is heresy to think that when we sin or have sinful thoughts that Christians always seem to think and believe "the devil made me do it!" Remember this when a Christian attributes their sin or sin-ful thoughts to Satan or his cohorts. It is not a true statement. It's a lie. And who is the father of lies?

If we attribute all our sin and sinful thoughts to Satan then think about this if indeed it is true that Satan attacks man: Now we have excuse. Now the unbelieving unsaved non-elect non-Covenant world has excuse. The devil made me do it. If true God cannot exercise judgment upon the person at the last judgment. We can just blame Satan because he made us do it and God will not judge the 'innocent.'

I seem to think with this thread there are some here who hold to a spiritualizing of the practical, an insertion of leaning on ones own understanding and doing and saying things in the vanity of their own minds.

Satan and fallen angels having sex with human wives. Talk about heresy. And our fallen nature is always with us until our bodies are changed. So, yes, our fallen natures are "satan/adversay" against God and are always present with us...even into our prayers when we present ourselves to God.

Last edited:
The Devil is banished forever from heaven, and then has" great wrath" upon the earth .
This is when the final clock begins ticking for him.
There will be no doubt of what is happening when the devil begins to take his final vengeance .

Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
Fallen man. THAT'S the Satan, the Adversary of God. Fallen man. Unconverted, unsaved, and non-Covenant man.

But I agree the possibility of the angel Lucifer MAY be the one spoken of. After all, if so, Lucifer/Satan rewards his servants just as God rewards His.

All created spirit beings are referred to as angels Jeremiah.
Not all. There are demons and evil spirits that plague man even Christians. It's called evil attitudes. Attitudes are intangible. Attitudes have a sort of power. You can even see attitudes to a certain point on the countenance. Good attitudes and evil attitudes. Both are even tied to the power of the tongue. But what comes from the heart passes over the tongue.

Simple answer
Book of Job

eddif
If you believe God is not Sovereign over His creatures and has no control over them then I guess fallen angels can do anything they want and are not restricted by God.
You believe this.
Simple answer
Book of Job

eddif

RESPONSE: If you believe God is not Sovereign over His creatures and has no control over them then I guess fallen angels can do anything they want and are not restricted by God.
You believe this.
You said it.

If what you say were true then this future revoking of Satan's visa would not be true:

Rev 12:8
And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, awhich deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev. 12:7–9.

This Scripture has to do with the past.

Now THINK.

Two heavens in creation.
First heaven is the atmosphere from the ground to where outer space begins.
Second heaven is space, where the moon, planets and stars reside.

Satan says he is going to and fro in the earth. Then he's cast INto the earth.
Is this subterranean? And if he's going to and fro IN the earth and he can only be in one place at a time, wouldn't he have to already be IN the earth cause it says he deceieves the whole world. Does he deceive them from second heaven? He is called the prince of the power of the air. Which air?
First heaven contains air. Second heaven doesn't. Space does not contain air.

Are you thinking still?

OK. Satan is cast to the earth. Is that his prison? I ask because it says that he is released from prison for a season.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, Rev. 20:7.

Maybe the Lake of Fire He's cast into is below the surface of the earth. But what happens to him and the unsaved that with him when God destroys the earth and recreates a new heaven and the earth?

In all of these valid questions you don't yet have answer. You haven't thought it through.

Not the third heaven, where God's throne is, but heaven.

Heavenly places.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12

JLB
Talking about the prince of the power of the air.

Simple answer
Book of Job

eddif

RESPONSE: If you believe God is not Sovereign over His creatures and has no control over them then I guess fallen angels can do anything they want and are not restricted by God.
You believe this.
You said it.
LOL

God worked in Job’s life because of the hearing about God.

God declared Job righteous. God declared Job spoke the truth.

Satan wanted to wreck Job’s life. God allowed Satan to do certain things to Job, but God set limits to how far Satan could go.

These limits show the Sovereignty of God.

First stage of God’s Sovereignty:
You can not touch Jobs flesh

Second stage of Gods Sovereignty:
You can touch his flesh, but you can not take his life.

Permissive will of God is seen in action in the Bible, but not used as a long drawn out description (?).

God works in us to will and do of his good pleasure (Google)
God knocks at the door of our life, if we hear his voice and open the door he will come into us (Google)

God works in us if we allow his will to be done.

God will even allow/send others to us for correction (those that know the truth).

The perfect will of God vs the permissive will of God. I know seminary words. I got it. Every group tries to have their wording. Behaviors speak as loudly as words?

God is Sovereign we just see it through our dark sunshades differently.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

LOL

God worked in Job’s life because of the hearing about God.

God declared Job righteous. God declared Job spoke the truth.

Satan wanted to wreck Job’s life. God allowed Satan to do certain things to Job, but God set limits to how far Satan could go.

These limits show the Sovereignty of God.

First stage of God’s Sovereignty:
You can not touch Jobs flesh

Second stage of Gods Sovereignty:
You can touch his flesh, but you can not take his life.

Permissive will of God is seen in action in the Bible, but not used as a long drawn out description (?).

God works in us to will and do of his good pleasure (Google)
God knocks at the door of our life, if we hear his voice and open the door he will come into us (Google)

God works in us if we allow his will to be done.

God will even allow/send others to us for correction (those that know the truth).

The perfect will of God vs the permissive will of God. I know seminary words. I got it. Every group tries to have their wording. Behaviors speak as loudly as words?

God is Sovereign we just see it through our dark sunshades differently.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
QUOTE: God works in us if we allow his will to be done.

RESPONSE: So, OUR WILL is sovereign over God's Will?

Methinks not.

So the "sons of God " never left the earth, they merely presented themselves to God in prayer from earth as you claim and yet we are told then that "Satan came also among them".

Satan coming to God "AMONG THEM" in prayer ?
Really ?
Satan praying to God. lol.
By your interpretation that would have to be the case then since if he came in any other way he would not among the company of these sons of God.
A more bizarre & twisted interpretation of scripture I don't ever recall hearing

You really ought to stop now .

Facetious. I don't believe Satan was praying.
You have already stated that the sons of god, whom Satan was among, presented themselves from topside earth to God by praying.
That's a yes or a no ?
Not surprising at all to me now that you find yourself fully confounded in explaining how Satan was able to be " Among them" as they presented themselves to God by means of prayer ?

Your post above being void of any answer for the conundrum you built for yourself.
A total dodge of the question at hand.

You should really just stop now!
Really.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, awhich deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev. 12:7–9.

This Scripture has to do with the past.

Now THINK.
To be thinking that the next thing scripturally to happen after Satan being cast out of heaven for good , that being Satan's great & final vengeance on the earth, is also now a " past" event is to be thinking with a discernment that is miles wide and inches deep.

Woe to the inhabiters of the earth ... for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

You ought to just stop here as well .

To be thinking that the next thing scripturally to happen after Satan being cast out of heaven for good , that being Satan's great & final vengeance on the earth, is also now a " past" event is to be thinking with a discernment that is miles wide and inches deep.

Woe to the inhabiters of the earth ... for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

"Devil" in Rev. 12:12 according to Strong is an adjective.

Same thing as in verse 8 although the translators capitalize this adjective to seem to make it a noun.

Imagine an adjective coming down to me having great wrath. I think I'll beat 'him.'

You have already stated that the sons of god, whom Satan was among, presented themselves from topside earth to God by praying.
That's a yes or a no ?
Not surprising at all to me now that you find yourself fully confounded in explaining how Satan was able to be " Among them" as they presented themselves to God by means of prayer ?

Your post above being void of any answer for the conundrum you built for yourself.
A total dodge of the question at hand.

You should really just stop now!
Really.
You overlook or ignore my statements that Satan was praying. He wasn't praying.
You also say these are fallen angels that presented themselves to the Lord.
Is Lucifer/Satan a fallen angel?
Then why the redundancy?

"Devil" in Rev. 12:12 according to Strong is an adjective.

Same thing as in verse 8 although the translators capitalize this adjective to seem to make it a noun.

Imagine an adjective coming down to me having great wrath. I think I'll beat 'him.'
Yes , just grasp any term for the Devil that you think gives you an easy out where your lack of confidence in giving a relevant answer is concerned.
That would probably my go to as well if I were you .

You take "Strong" and his warm. fuzzy adjectives of the Devil you find so comforting.

For me, I'll take Jesus Christ and His viewpoint of the Devil :

Jhn 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil...... He was a murderer from the beginning,

Yes , just grasp any term for the Devil that you think gives you an easy out where your lack of confidence in giving a relevant answer is concerned.
That would probably my go to as well if I were you .

You take "Strong" and his warm. fuzzy adjectives of the Devil you find so comforting.

For me, I'll take Jesus Christ and His viewpoint of the Devil :

Jhn 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil...... He was a murderer from the beginning,
John 8:44. Another adjective.

Strong's defines the word as 'traducer' 'false accuser.'

I use Strong's because when he wrote his book on Greek and Hebrew terms from Scripture there was only one Bible and I prefer his education.
Tell me, have you ever heard the voice of God?

Back