Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

THE SONS OF GOD IN GENESIS 6:1-7

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I think you understand my meaning Jeremiah, the truth is either God is evil or He is not. Might does not necessarily make right sir. Humans even after Adams sin still have a basic understanding of right and wrong. Many teach, not us Christians of course, that God is going to torture people eternally in a burning hell. Imagine what a judge would do to a parent that burnt their child by putting their hand in a fire for punishment, I think you get the drift.

There are many actions God has performed that even Christians cannot understand at this time, but we are living in satans system right now, in the near future he will be locked away and God will show what He can do in just one millennium to erase the 6 satan has had to show his godship. That is where all humans really get to see the contrast between the God of Love, and those who rebelled against Him.
So, they make stuff up. Like sons of God are angels. Too spiritually minded to be of any earthly- good.

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Gen. 6:1–2.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. Gen. 6:4.

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Gen. 6:5–6.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Gen. 6:7.

The "sons of God" in verse 2 are the human, godly line of Seth. The godly line of Seth were disobedient and took wives of the ungodly daughters of men, had children, and because of the sin nature in man and the influence of the ungodly women wives upon the children, they were without restraint of the Covenant godly line of Seth and were grown to be dictators and bullies in their society. I know Christians take "sons of God" as angels, but angels are first, a fixed number, have no genitals, and cannot mate with flesh.

The link information wanders som, but Amos 2:9-10 mentions giants. Other links also mention giants.

In those days:
When men began to multiply and daughters are born. In those days there were giants.

These giants were not really big news until the fallen angels (Sons of God/fallen angels) took wives of giants. This moved the giants to the news forefront. Thus this thread as a repeat of old news. Once giants just got a mention, but after the inbreeding the Giants were headline news.

If not for Noah we might have had less information (except when God supplied information at times (when He spoke to men).

Only 8 people survived the flood. Death put all but the 8 survivors in the chains of death/ grave. Abraham’s Bosom has the good guys awaiting the Resurrection (IMHO). Torment has the bad guys awaiting the Resurrection?

Do I know it all? Absolutely not. I have given all I feel I understand.

Mississippi tedneck
eddif

These giants are no different than the unrestricted tyrants of Genesis.
Offspring of unbelievers. Unschooled in the things of God.
Bullies. And you haven't shown me these giants are angels as I asked.
The Giants are the result of this . Offspring of sons of God and the daughters of men . The Hebrews understood at that time because they had lived it , giants in the promised land . It was part of their culture .

Gen6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Notice we are told about Noah right after we are told about the angels that sinned , like they are related :chin .

2Peter2:4-5
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

The Giants are the result of this . Offspring of sons of God and the daughters of men . The Hebrews understood at that time because they had lived it , giants in the promised land . It was part of their culture .

Gen6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Notice we are told about Noah right after we are told about the angels that sinned , like they are related :chin .

2Peter2:4-5
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
But they are not related. The angels that sinned did so long before the creation of man. This wasn't their sin which resulted in God placing them in everlasting chains of darkness. Even God knows that spirit beings cannot mate with human women. He never ordained it. Impossible for angels do not marry nor can they reproduce "after their kind" as God ordained.
You give too much glory to the fallen angels.

Humans do not transport themselves to the realm of God's heaven to "present themselves" to God.
That's a very different context. The same word or phrase can mean different things depending on context. Otherwise why not believe Jesus was an angel?

That's a very different context. The same word or phrase can mean different things depending on context. Otherwise why not believe Jesus was an angel?
Are you talking about, " came to present themselves to God & Satan came along " ?
What " different context " is it that you understand ?
You did not mention any other.
Can you give an example?

When you pray you are presenting yourself to the Lord.
And you're on earth.
You lack of discernment continues .
Satan is a fallen angel, and as such he currently has access to God in heaven.
His permanent Lake of Fire home being vacant for now.
Write that down.
The passage in question not only gives clear indication of the purpose for which Satan is granted this heavenly Access by God .

Job 1:8
"And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, "

But the passage also specifically points out that this collective that Satan has tagged along with are not on earth , but HAVE COME FROM THE EARTH.
Job 1:7
"And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, from.... the earth, "

Clearly this Collective of Satan's has come " from the earth "
Write that down.
A fundamental point of this passage , which by your admission is completely lost on you .

Again , My question to you stands:
How do Humans transport themselves from earth to the realm of God's heaven to "present themselves" to God, and then back to earth again ?

We know how Satan does it by means of being an angel, albeit a fallen one.
So then that must mean that these "son's of god" that Satan is accompanying to heaven must be what ?

Are you talking about, " came to present themselves to God & Satan came along " ?
What " different context " is it that you understand ?
You did not mention any other.
Can you give an example?
The other context I was referring to is what this whole discussion is about--Gen 6. That's two different contexts where "sons of God" means two different things.

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. Gen. 6:4.

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. Gen. 6:4.

Do you understand that no sons of God are mentioned in Genesis 5 geneaology?

Do you undetstand what that means?

JLB

Do you see Satan hanging out there with you ?
Yes. It's called the flesh.
But you don't think the flesh is adversarial before the Holy Spirit. Here, let me help you:

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. Gal. 5:17.

Paul had the same problem. But you don't see as I see.
That's why the difference between us.
Get this: The Satan is YOU!
Until our bodies are changed in the twinkle, twinkle of His eye.

I
Write that down.
The passage in question not only gives clear indication of the purpose for which Satan is granted this heavenly Access by God .

Job 1:8
"And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, "

But the passage also specifically points out that this collective that Satan has tagged along with are not on earth , but HAVE COME FROM THE EARTH.
Job 1:7
"And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, from.... the earth, "

Clearly this Collective of Satan's has come " from the earth "
Write that down.
A fundamental point of this passage , which by your admission is completely lost on you .

Again , My question to you stands:
How do Humans transport themselves from earth to the realm of God's heaven to "present themselves" to God, and then back to earth again ?

We know how Satan does it by means of being an angel, albeit a fallen one.
So then that must mean that these "son's of god" that Satan is accompanying to heaven must be what ?
You give way too much glory to God's adversary.

It says, "From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it." Job 1:7.

It's the same as "(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? {or which IS the earth.] Eph 4:9.

But Christians take this to mean Jesus went into hell, preached the gospel, and then resurrected. Which is dung.

Get a better translation.

IMHO
Satan had access to heaven. He had his visa revoked (in modern thoughts) or fell or cast down from heaven in biblical terms.

IMHO Satan does not have to be in heaven to accuse the brothern.

I am trying to help and not attack.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

IMHO
Satan had access to heaven. He had his visa revoked (in modern thoughts) or fell or cast down from heaven in biblical terms.

IMHO Satan does not have to be in heaven to accuse the brothern.

I am trying to help and not attack.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Where does it say Satan had access to heaven - God's throne?

If you believe God is not Sovereign over His creatures and has no control over them then I guess fallen angels can do anything they want and are not restricted by God.
You believe this.

When you pray you are presenting yourself to the Lord.
And you're on earth.
So the "sons of God " never left the earth, they merely presented themselves to God in prayer from earth as you claim and yet we are told then that "Satan came also among them".

Satan coming to God "AMONG THEM" in prayer ?
Really ?
Satan praying to God. lol.
By your interpretation that would have to be the case then since if he came in any other way he would not among the company of these sons of God.
A more bizarre & twisted interpretation of scripture I don't ever recall hearing

Job 1:6 "and Satan came also among them"

You really ought to stop now .

IMHO

Mississippi redneck
eddif
If what you say were true then this future revoking of Satan's visa would not be true:

Rev 12:8
And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

Where does it say Satan had access to heaven - God's throne?

If you believe God is not Sovereign over His creatures and has no control over them then I guess fallen angels can do anything they want and are not restricted by God.
You believe this.
Simple answer
Book of Job

eddif

Back