Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

THE SOVEREIGNTY OF GOD

I said Abel wasn't accepted without the sacrifice he offered. Aren't you saying he was?
For the tenth time.
You said God was NOT a respecter of persons.
I said God IS a respecter of persons and posted the Scripture that said God IS a respecter of persons.
But either you are blind or just don't accept the Scripture.
Probably both from having to repeat myself TEN TIMES!

For the tenth time.
And I'm sure you know by now that I was referring to unbelievers.
I said God IS a respecter of persons and posted the Scripture that said God IS a respecter of persons.
Any scripture you posted where God respected anyone was because the person respected was a believer.
No, it's from me posting scripture showing how God doesn't even respect the prayers of the unrepentant.

For the tenth time.
Gen 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
Gen 4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

It seems that God is and isn't a respecter of persons.

Please stop with such comments as they violate the ToS.

Any scripture you posted where God respected anyone was because the person respected was a believer.

No, it's from me posting scripture showing how God doesn't even respect the prayers of the unrepenta

No, it's from me posting scripture showing how God doesn't even respect the prayers of the unrepentant.
Who are you and what did you do with journeyman?

Yet it was God’s sovereign plan for that to happen.
No. After that happened, it was Gods' soverign will to show his longsuffering, his patience toward people sinning against him. Our Fathers said,

They will reverence my son. Mk.12:6

But someday God will destroy the unrepentant.

No. After that happened, it was Gods' soverign will to show his longsuffering, his patience toward people sinning against him. Our Fathers said,

Isa 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.
Isa 53:8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people?
Isa 53:9 And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.
Isa 53:10 Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isa 53:11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.
Isa 53:12 Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors.

Mat 26:24 The Son of Man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born.”

Joh 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Joh 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.
Joh 6:48 I am the bread of life.
Joh 6:49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
Joh 6:50 This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.
Joh 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”
Joh 6:52 The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”
Joh 6:53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
Joh 6:54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.
Joh 6:55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Joh 6:56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.
Joh 6:57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.
Joh 6:58 This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Act 2:23 this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. (ESV)

Act 3:17 “And now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did also your rulers.
Act 3:18 But what God foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ would suffer, he thus fulfilled.

Act 4:26 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers were gathered together, against the Lord and against his Anointed’—
Act 4:27 for truly in this city there were gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel,
Act 4:28 to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place.

Act 13:27 For those who live in Jerusalem and their rulers, because they did not recognize him nor understand the utterances of the prophets, which are read every Sabbath, fulfilled them by condemning him.

1Co 15:3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,
1Co 15:4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

Php 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
Php 2:7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Php 2:8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Free,
I should have clarified by saying While it was happening. But it happens to believers also,

I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 1Tim.1:16

We're being confirmed to his image that way.

Isa 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities;
The idea here is that if God didn't endure sinners, we'd be dead. Instead of judging the wicked, Jesus endured their sinful treatment. We can go through Psa.53 line by line according to what the NT says, but if you're not willing to listen then forget it.

While Jesus was being mocked and abused, he was showing the ungodly the patience of our Father.
But I don’t see how that addresses the verses I posted showing that it was God’s plan for the Son to die, and to die for our sins.

The idea here is that if God didn't endure sinners, we'd be dead. Instead of judging the wicked, Jesus endured their sinful treatment. We can go through Psa.53 line by line according to what the NT says, but if you're not willing to listen then forget it.
The idea is that Jesus died, according to the will and plan of the Father and the full willingness of the Son, for our sins, that he was the sinless sacrifice who took our sins upon himself.

Are the unrepentant those He loves or those He hates?
Remember, God is Immutable.

But I don’t see how that addresses the verses I posted showing that it was God’s plan for the Son to die, and to die for our sins.
God knowing something will happen, doesn't mean he wanted it to happen. Like Josephs' brothers selling him into slavery,

ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good Gen.50:20

The idea is that Jesus died, according to the will and plan of the Father and the full willingness of the Son, for our sins,
According to the will of our Father, his Son as a man, as a human being, strove against bringing sinners to judgement by a law that would have put them to death,

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Heb.12:4

Striving against the sin being committed against us.....as our Savior did.
that he was the sinless sacrifice who took our sins upon himself.
"Took our sins upon himself" in the sense of having them inflicted on him.
Bearing false witness and shedding the blood of an innocent man was sin under the law, for which the penalty was death.

Think of it this way,

ye go to law one with another.Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? 1Cor.6:7

Our Savior allowed himself to be defrauded. If he had gone to law with those who sinned against them, they would have been executed. And so,

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. Isa.53:7

Back