Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Trinity

It says that the Holy Spirit came upon Mary. If the Holy Spirit is a third person then the Father is not Jesus' father. For God the Father to be Jesus father, He has to be the Holy Spirit.

The only begotten Son of God is the first born over all creation, whereby He is the creator of all things.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. Colossians 1:15-17

• For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth

Then we have the only begotten Son becoming flesh as the Man Jesus Christ of Nazareth. He is the Word of God. He is the Son of God, who was directly begotten of the Father, fully God, and Who created all things, then became flesh.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16

This is when He came forth from Mary’s womb as a Man;
The Messiah, the Christ.

So we have two different aspects of the Son of God:

• The only begotten Son of the Father, as the Lord God who laid the foundation of the earth and stretched out the heavens, and became flesh.

• The Man Jesus of Nazareth who was born of a virgin in a manger and lived on earth as the Messiah who was crucified on the cross for our sins.

It seems you are trying to discuss both of these aspects about the Son of God, at the same time, in which the Holy Spirit was the one who brought forth the Christ Child from Mary’s womb, whereas God the Father beget His Son before all things and His Son created all things in heaven and on earth.

Which aspect of Jesus are you wanting to discuss?

Jesus as the Lord God, or the Man Jesus Christ?

JLB

Last edited:
Butch5,

Don't you have Bible commentaries by God's teachers to help you understand what is going on in these 2 different (but associated) passages?

I recommend this commentary (online) by Dr L Constable, Notes on Matthew. Matt 12:24-25 is on pp. 213-214.

Oz

I have plenty of Commentaries OZ. But, as I said, there are more passages and more evidence that supports the position I hold. I used to hold the 3 in 1 position. I could never understand it, nor explain it. The position I now hold, I understand and I can explain it. In addition it fits with the Scriptures and I don't have any problem passages.

I looked at the commentary you posted. I guess you're seeing something I'm not. Can you explain a little about what you see there?

Back