Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The ugly lie behind abortion

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some may or may not know how bad abortion actually is. There was a book written on it by a former abortion doctor who discovered something on babies. They feel pain at 7-9 weeks old. (Might be longer) So essentially when you get an abortion just remember that baby is suffering inside there not a instant kill death.

i know a girl/woman here who is just as young as me (26 years) and she went through having an abortion once.

from what she told me it had a great impact in emotions afterward, and guilt feeling.

now here is the netherlands and i told her if she obayed the law of this country and all. she shouldnt worrie about it no longer.

eric, may i just call you eric?
i think it's kind of said for posting what you did. since it is allready an hard thing to do, and brings lots of feelings along.

i dont know the american law. but too any woman who reads this message i give in reply. and has or had experience with abortion. or anybody who wants to go and talk about it. i think you should know it's certainly not the most funny thing in life. that to be understood (please). and if you kept to the law or not (f e going to international waters belonging to noone where there is only the law of conscience, maybe not even)

all i just want to say is eric and others why would you adress abortion is such a way? instead of understanding it's to most woman allready hard enough. and with people talking the way the OP you could leave people with an unsound conscience for having or having had a choose to do abortion, while it's allready a tough thing.

all i mean to say is i think it's wrong to express an issue the way the OP without thinking what emotion it may cause to people who had an abortion(who will feel bad or guilty or worse) and people who where around when the decision was made to go for abortion(them people will also not feel good over it as they probably allready didnt fully do, and seeing this op post of yours will just leave feeling of anger or also guilt and be like fy whatever)

i just replied because of this woman/girl here who's had an abortion and the way ahe felt about it.

stein

i know a girl/woman here who is just as young as me (26 years) and she went through having an abortion once.

from what she told me it had a great impact in emotions afterward, and guilt feeling.

now here is the netherlands and i told her if she obayed the law of this country and all. she shouldnt worrie about it no longer.

i think it's kind of said for posting what you did. since it is allready an hard thing to do, and brings lots of feelings along.

i dont know the american law. but too any woman who reads this message i give in reply. and has or had experience with abortion. or anybody who wants to go and talk about it. i think you should know it's certainly not the most funny thing in life. that to be understood (please). and if you kept to the law or not (f e going to international waters belonging to noone where there is only the law of conscience, maybe not even)

all i just want to say is eric and others why would you adress abortion is such a way? instead of understanding it's to most woman allready hard enough. and with people talking the way the OP you could leave people with an unsound conscience for having or having had a choose to do abortion, while it's allready a tough thing.

all i mean to say is i think it's wrong to express an issue the way the OP without thinking what emotion it may cause to people who had an abortion(who will feel bad or guilty or worse) and people who where around when the decision was made to go for abortion(them people will also not feel good over it as they probably allready didnt fully do, and seeing this op post of yours will just leave feeling of anger or also guilt and be like fy whatever)

i just replied because of this woman/girl here who's had an abortion and the way ahe felt about it.

stein

I can understand how you feel about that but abortion is wrong no matter how you look at it. Most of the people on this site probably feel the same way as the op.

Exodus 20:13 thou shalt not kill. kjv

Now I can understand how it would make someone feel guilty but it's not right to kill babys. In the words of docter suess. "A persons a person, no matter how small."

I think this is an even more alarming statistic.

The number of abortions performed annually world-wide is somewhere around 42,000,000 (2008 data. Current data is probably worse). That equates to ...

10% more than the total deaths of WWI
2/3 the total deaths of WWII
13% the population of the United States
About the same as the entire states of New York and Texas combined
2/3 the population of the United Kingdom
Twice the population of Australia
10 times the population of Ireland

This is not only ugly it is downright disgusting and sick.

Every child is created with a purpose from God as it is only God who gives life and when the sperm hits the egg that becomes a baby immediately. It does not matter whether a child is conceived from rape, or is disabled in the womb or could cause the mother to die during birth, a child has purpose and one who has never been able to have children or even afford to adopt I feel all life is precious and a gift from God.

I think abortion is acceptable if it places a woman's health or life at risk. I mean, its still a sad situation, but I think its OK. In an ideal world, I'd say don't abort babies who test + for genetically-based problems, but--what do you do? I mean, if you live in a poor country, who's going to help you look after and care for the kid? Even in the US...who's going to help? The government? Pshaw. Not likely. Obviously, I still think its wrong, but I think its also understandable.

As for rape, I think it would be sinful, but understandable. Who wants to give birth to their rapist's kid? Especially when, based on the stats, its probably someone the mother/potential mother knows and/or is related to.

My political opinion is that we should keep it legal and work on the social problems, such as poverty and promiscuity, that keep it happening on such a wide scale. I don't know much about the adoption system in the US (or elsewhere, for that matter), but it seems that it would be a good idea to streamline the process so babies can more easily been put into families who want them. We could also make the workplace more Mommy Friendly (and Family Friendly in general).

Aside from all that, I don't know what to do. Seems that if you ban it, illegal abortion would flourish--I don't think the demand would die down much just b/c its illegal (look at drugs).

Exodus 20:13 thou shalt not kill. kjv
So... Are you a pacifist? Do you oppose the death penalty? Are those positions you hold because most Christians don't.

What's more is the bible dosen't talk about abortions because they didn't exist 2000 years ago. So I always find it remarkable the claim to understand the absolute truth of these affairs that no other interpretation could be correct.

So... Are you a pacifist? Do you oppose the death penalty? Are those positions you hold because most Christians don't.

What's more is the bible dosen't talk about abortions because they didn't exist 2000 years ago. So I always find it remarkable the claim to understand the absolute truth of these affairs that no other interpretation could be correct.

Simple the bible says murder is wrong. An innocent baby hasn't done anything to deserve being aborted. The death sentence is something entirely different and killing a criminal can not be compared to killing a child that hasn't even had a chance to grow up. I criminal usually has a choice in what he does the aborted baby doesn't.

This is incorrect. Abortions did in fact exist in biblical times and I believe it is possible that the Bible even mentions being against it, except that a certain word is translated a certain way, possibly without warrant.

stein
I did not mean it in a hurtful way. I was trying to give information as to why we need to be even more against it.

Guilt can be a good thing.

Do i want my child to feel guilt when he kicks the cat? YES i do I want that bad feeling to keep him from doing it again.

Some actions of man should cause guilt.

Pointing out truths is nothing to feel guilty about.

There isn't much publicity about Post Abortion Syndrome (PAS) due to it's very nature of casting a negative light on abortion. It's said there really isn't that many women suffering this emotional distress so in the minds of pro-abortion groups it's not much of an issue.
Well, I could say that since only a small percentage of smokers actually die of lung cancer smoking really shouldn't be much of an issue. However, it's the risk that is publicized so ardently. If you smoke there's no guarantee you'll die of cancer but the risk is definitely heightened.

We today are so risk-conscience we beat the drum of "less risk" constantly and with fervor. But mention PAS and the drums fall silent to passing out blinders, earplugs and muzzles.

Norma McCorvey, best known as Jane Roe, had a change of heart after being exposed to regret for what she had done. Yet, her voice was silenced even in the system of courts that brought us to where we are today.

Help is out there but the risks you will not hear about. There may be a cursory warning before the decision to have an abortion is made but that cursory warning is there only because the law requires it. And I'm not sure all states even have the law in place.

Judge In Norma McCorvey Case Blasts Roe v. Wade Abortion Decision | LifeNews.com

September 22, 2004

New Orleans, LA (LifeNews.com) — Though a three-judge panel of a federal appeals court turned back a request by Norma McCorvey to reopen the Roe v. Wade case that legalized abortion, one of the panel’s judges blasted the nation’s high court for its landmark 1973 decision.

Circuit Judge Edith H. Jones wrote the opinion for the court denying McCorvey’s request. However, she also wrote a concurring opinion calling Roe an "exercise of raw judicial power," and citing evidence McCorvey presented showing abortions hurt women.

Jones, a Reagan nominee, wrote that the "[Supreme] Court’s rulings have rendered basic abortion policy beyond the power of our legislative bodies."

"The perverse result of the Court’s having determined through constitutional adjudication this fundamental social policy, which affects over a million women and unborn babies each year, is that the facts no longer matter," Jones added.

Jones chided the nation’s high court for being "so committed to ‘life’ that it struggles with the particular facts of dozens of death penalty cases each year," but failing to grasp the fact that abortions destroys the lives of unborn children.

Judge Jones accused the Supreme Court of purposefully ignoring the evidence that legalized abortion has been harmful to society.

"Hard and social science will of course progress even though the Supreme Court averts its eyes," she wrote.

McCorvey’s motion included over 5000 pages of evidence with affidavits from over 1000 woman who have been harmed by abortion.

"I deeply regret the damage my original case caused women," McCorvey said. "I want the Supreme Court to examine the evidence and have a spirit of justice for women and children."

Jones’ opinion cites the affidavits and says women hurt by abortion should be taken seriously.

"It takes no expert prognosticator to know that research on women’s mental and physical health following abortion will yield an eventual medical consensus," Jones said.

"One may fervently hope that the court will someday acknowledge such developments and re-evaluate Roe and Casey accordingly," Jones concluded.

"Judge Jones said a lot of good things," McCorvey told the Houston Chronicle in response to the opinion. "We’re learning who our friends in the courts are."

McCorvey is receiving assistance in the case from the Justice Foundation, a pro-life law firm. Attorneys there are considering whether to ask the full appeals court to consider her case or to appeal the panel’s decision to the Supreme Court.

In 1995, McCorvey announced that she had become a Christian and pro-life. Later, she formed a pro-life educational outreach called Roe No More.

An interesting viewpoint:

The Bible never specifically addresses the issue of abortion. However, there are numerous teachings in Scripture that make it abundantly clear what God’s view of abortion is. Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knows us before He forms us in the womb. Psalm 139:13-16 speaks of God’s active role in our creation and formation in the womb. Exodus 21:22-25 prescribes the same penalty—death—for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder. This clearly indicates that God considers a baby in the womb to be as human as a full-grown adult. For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose. It is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6).

The first argument that always arises against the Christian stance on abortion is “What about cases of rape and/or incest?†As horrible as it would be to become pregnant as a result of rape and/or incest, is the murder of a baby the answer? Two wrongs do not make a right. The child who is a result of rape/incest could be given in adoption to a loving family unable to have children on their own, or the child could be raised by its mother. Again, the baby is completely innocent and should not be punished for the evil acts of its father.

The second argument that usually arises against the Christian stance on abortion is “What about when the life of the mother is at risk?†Honestly, this is the most difficult question to answer on the issue of abortion. First, let’s remember that this situation is the reason behind less than one-tenth of one percent of the abortions done in the world today. Far more women have an abortion for convenience than women who have an abortion to save their own lives. Second, let’s remember that God is a God of miracles. He can preserve the life of a mother and a child despite all the medical odds being against it. Ultimately, though, this question can only be decided between a husband, wife, and God. Any couple facing this extremely difficult situation should pray to the Lord for wisdom (James 1:5) as to what He would have them to do.

Over 95 percent of the abortions performed today involve women who simply do not want to have a baby. Less than 5 percent of abortions are for the reasons of rape, incest, or the mother's health at risk. Even in the more difficult 5 percent of instances, abortion should never be the first option. The life of a human being in the womb is worth every effort to allow the child to be born.

For those who have had an abortion, remember that the sin of abortion is no less forgivable than any other sin. Through faith in Christ, all sins can be forgiven (John 3:16; Romans 8:1; Colossians 1:14). A woman who has had an abortion, a man who has encouraged an abortion, or even a doctor who has performed one—can all be forgiven by faith in Jesus Christ.

What does the Bible say about abortion?

Simple the bible says murder is wrong. An innocent baby hasn't done anything to deserve being aborted. The death sentence is something entirely different and killing a criminal can not be compared to killing a child that hasn't even had a chance to grow up. I criminal usually has a choice in what he does the aborted baby doesn't.

Definition Murder:
The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another

Not unlawful not murder... I know this because I disagree with the death penalty and I want to call people who support it murderers but I'm unable to due to the term begin technically incorrect.

They are exactly the same Premeditated, Killing, of someones life They become even closer to the fact when you see alot of religious pro-life activists pushing for the outlawing of abortion even if the mothers life is endanger.

The point of distinction is that your moral judgments only seem to care about life when it's in the womb.

I oppose abortion and the death penalty.

BTW, I'm not so sure that most Christians are pro death penalty. It seems most American Christians are pro death penalty, or at least not anti death penalty. But American Christians are not the majority of Christians.

Just because the Bible doesn't specifically mention something doesn't mean God is not against it. Oftentimes it's the bigger picture from the Bible that we need to take into account.

I oppose abortion and the death penalty.

BTW, I'm not so sure that most Christians are pro death penalty. It seems most American Christians are pro death penalty, or at least not anti death penalty. But American Christians are not the majority of Christians.

Just because the Bible doesn't specifically mention something doesn't mean God is not against it. Oftentimes it's the bigger picture from the Bible that we need to take into account.

Pedophilia isn't mentioned either.

Is it illegal to destroy eagle eggs? I wouldn't want to be caught doing it. So why is that a crime? The inside of a freshly laid egg looks nothing like an eagle. Yet you will be prosecuted because of what that egg will become.

At first abortion was understood to be a procedure done only if the pregnancy endangered the life of the mother. That didn't last long before abortion was expanded to include a little more then a bit more and so on until it has become a form of contraception, particularly a last ditch effort in "prevention".
Prevention of what? It has gone beyond prevention of contraception to the prevention of the birth of a human life.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i be honest.
frankly i wish abortion would never be necasary, and life should follow it's natural course. no matter which way the girl/woman carrieing the baby got pregnant, honestly.

i know a person who got pregnant at 16 and has three children by now.
then i know just this one girl who had an abortion. and she expressed her mind about it to me. and i told her the exact i said in reply to the OP.

am i for it or against it?
you where able to read that in the first lines of this' post.

i just wanted to remind that i think it's noones first happy' choose. to actually abort the pregnancy. and thats what i wanted to say. plus that i think that should be known by anybody who adresses the issue or wants to give input in it.

and for the rest i was told "jesus kept to the laws fo the nation"... saying that as long as no crime is commited according to the law i think you should keep them who aborted to NOT have guilt feelings instead of giving them/it.

so saying that if you are against it whilst no law is broken then that is your problem.

and if it's real harsh on you then try and change the law would be a start to make the rate of abortions to go down.

you know what i mean.

and you dont hear me saying half a yall americans are insane or the whole arabic world. for having death penalty.

yes i am from europe, even the worst the netherlands. maybe that clarifies some.
all i really wanted to say, is still the same. if no law is broken or crime is commited shus it. or pray to god that..or change the laws yourself!

even the bible says one should respect the authority from the state or country.
so think of that first before you go and express your opinion on issues which may even be far from your own bad.

makes it sound in my ears to me. like watching the news and hearing news come by about childrapists murderers and so which make me think; that i am ok then.

do you get me??.

and i say it again. the authority of states and countrys is as the bible says to be respected. sure you may have your own opinion. but if that is in contradiction with national or international laws i think you should just keep it to yourself.
or at least respect all that one does within the real law' as in constitution, and here "groundlaw"

for the rest you can have as much opinions as you want....
but i suggest you get to know the laws/constitution ins and outs first and set them above your own opinion.

that what i believe.

did you see me starting athread saying that if you eat meat your guilty??

Definition Murder:
The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another

Not unlawful not murder... I know this because I disagree with the death penalty and I want to call people who support it murderers but I'm unable to due to the term begin technically incorrect.

They are exactly the same Premeditated, Killing, of someones life They become even closer to the fact when you see alot of religious pro-life activists pushing for the outlawing of abortion even if the mothers life is endanger.

The point of distinction is that your moral judgments only seem to care about life when it's in the womb.

This site is not a court of mans law.

OT Scripture supports death penalty. MHO The NT does also by way of not saying different.

The difference is innocents

Pro 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
Pro 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Deu 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

and for the rest i was told "jesus kept to the laws fo the nation"... saying that as long as no crime is commited according to the law i think you should keep them who aborted to NOT have guilt feelings instead of giving them/it.

so saying that if you are against it whilst no law is broken then that is your problem.
At the risk of argument, I would like to ask this question. I know I'm presenting an extreme argument but I also think it is applicable.

Suppose the law of a state is changed so that it is no longer unlawful to commit murder. Would you feel then that Christians should not speak up for fear of causing a murderer to feel guilty?

We are to follow the law of the state only so long as it does not violate the law of God. The law of God always prevails over the law of the state, does it not?

Well, heck then.
Abortion is not illegal therefore it's ok.
Adultery is not illegal therefore it's ok.
And there's gambling, drinking, etc. all within a country whose very laws dictate that the government cannot support any religion let alone Christianity. That includes Christ by the way.
Yeah, ok. If state law says it's ok then I can pretty much go back to the way I was trying to gain honor and approval from a world that serves only itself, feeds on itself and has absolutely nothing to offer besides broken promises, faithlessness, no hope and a hatred toward anything to do with Christ our Lord and Savior.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back