Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Virgin of the Lilies

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Orthodox Christian declares in his self-gratuitous way..... "I find no creature more deserving of contempt than the modern Pharisee.

And yet exposes his nakedness in his speaking the following.....

"Protestant Fundamentalists worship an idol of leather and paper. Their God is not Incarnate, but is the composite of their readings of dead letters."

Orthodox Christian declares in his self-gratuitous way..... "I find no creature more deserving of contempt than the modern Pharisee.

"In their Pietist fervor, they fashion a golden calf made of the melted down trinkets their Shepherds toss to them. But, if Pastor says something they disagree with, they replace him with someone who says what their itching, stiff-necked, jackass ears want to hear.

Assuredly, therefore, they bow down before their own feeble intellects, which in the case of many is a very feeble 'god' indeed.

Some chattering nabobs here on this forum insist on telling us what it is that we worship. This demonstrates their arrogance and stupidity. Too thick-headed to listen and learn and understand, they instead like brute animals at a grain trough push, bite and devour.

Their damnation is sure and swift, for they shall spend eternity cursing the Saints they cursed in this life, and spitting in the face of Christ. If allowed from heaven, I will pelt them with rocks from above- cuz I find no creature more deserving of contempt than the modern Pharisee.

He says...... "Bible as the final authority? Somewhere along the way Christ as the final authority got left behind."

OC,...... holding onto and apostate head, how would you know?

Your words only serve to expose the shallowness of your scriptural understanding.

In love,
cj

The bible obviously rubs the lost in the wrong way...

I am not surprised as it puts their idolatrous practices and false gospel in the light...

Psalms 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Christ taught out of the scriptures

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

The scriptures are given under the inspiration of the Holy Ghost

Acts 1:16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

Hebrews 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Ghost never told us to worship idols but we are certainly to magnify God's word.

Psalms 119:9 BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

All apostates have contempt for the scriptures. They quote alleged "church fathers" and their Catechisms but the word of God they dishonor.

Psalms 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

They can stick with their devils, idols, false teachers and prophets if they choose.

Psalms 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

"I thank you Lord, that I am not like a tax collector or a Catholic."

....cue Fundamentalist auto-lame response:

"you hate the bible."

I don't think so, Bob- I hate blatant misrepresentations of the scriptures that I love. I also have contempt for the pompous and the ignorant, especially those who are both. So does God, according the Psalmist.

Our 'catechisms' are set to ink, whereas the catechisms of the Fundies are hidden within empty jargon and encased within wide phylacteries. Their apologetics are botched circumcisions;
our apologetics the circumcision of the heart.

What do they call those who do not know their fathers???

Let me know when you decide to discuss this in an intelligent fashion, instead of slinging insults and BIG words that mean squat to most of us.

Yes, the Lord is our final authority, but not a SINGLE person here would know Him as we do without the written word. If you say or think you do, you are deceiving yourself.

Vic said:
Let me know when you decide to discuss this in an intelligent fashion, instead of slinging insults and BIG words that mean squat to most of us.

Yes, the Lord is our final authority, but not a SINGLE person here would know Him as we do without the written word. If you say or think you do, you are deceiving yourself.
An intelligent discussion, such as labelling others as idolaters and insisting that they worship demons, in the manner of the dumbed-down Chick Tract that Robert vomits on this forum daily?

You've got to be kidding.

And why would you bother to have a discussion with an idolater anyways?

Robert has set the tone of this discussion, and we shall honor his piety by emulating him, and doing so with aplomb.

Luke 1:41
41 And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 Then she spoke out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43 But why is this granted to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
Do you honor the Holy Scriptures?
Do you call her THE MOTHER OF MY LORD?

Luke 1:46
46 And Mary said: “ My soul magnifies the Lord,
47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. 48 For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant; For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed. 49 For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy is His name.
Do you call Her BLESSED?

2 Peter 2:10
10 and especially those who walk according to the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise authority. They are presumptuous, self-willed. They are not afraid to speak evil of dignitaries, 11 whereas angels, who are greater in power and might, do not bring a reviling accusation against them before the Lord.
Do you speak evil of dignitaries (celestial beings NIV)?

John 16:12
12"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.
1 Corinthians 2:13
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
The Holy Spirit guides his Holy Church. Then and now.

John 21:25
25Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.
John 5:39
39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
The Holy Scriptures are the road map TO Him, NOT the blue print OF Him

1John 4:20
20 If someone says, “I love God,†and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen? 21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
So please let us stop with the name-calling and sarcasm. Let us find the truth together in love.

Vic said:

You chastise Catholics for this, yet ignore your protestant brothers Aren't you supposed to rebuke brothers? Isn't that what the Bible calls you to do. We are but pagans according to your brothers. Ooops. Sorry, brother only means from the same womb to you guys so my usage might confuse you. But then so might the Bible's since it uses it all over for fellow Christian or relatives.

I agree with all of this statement and would think that James will as well. Yes the Lord is the final authority, but he sends us authorities. Jer 3:15 says "I will give you shepherds after my own heart who will give you KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING". Heb 13:17 says "OBEY AND SUBMIT TO YOUR LEADERS WHO HAVE CONCERN FOR YOUR SOULS."

That's the Bible pal. Now who are these authorities the Lord is giving us even today? These Shepherds. Which Protestant denomination has them when they contradict eachother. The scriptures tell us we "MUST worship in spirit and in truth". Not partial truth or truth mixed with error. That is the kind of truth that satan gave Adam and Eve in the Garden. Division is not of God we know that from Corinthians. We also see Korah's rebellion in Protestantism where authority is challenged at every turn.

Jude.1
[11] Woe to them! For they walk in the way of Cain, and abandon themselves for the sake of gain to Balaam's error, and perish in Korah's rebellion.

Check it out. Numbers 16. God's legitmate authority, Moses, who was not a perfect person, but was still God's authority, was rejected and they choose to follow another in Luther style. Self proclaimed authorities who know better than the main body. Many of these perished in the earth. The rest became sick and died.

Blessings

Orthodox Christian wrote:
Protestant Fundamentalists worship an idol of leather and paper. Their God is not Incarnate, but is the composite of their readings of dead letters.

"you hate the bible."

I don't think so, Bob- I hate blatant misrepresentations of the scriptures that I love.

:o

Irreconcilable Differences: Catholics, Evangelicals, and the New Quest for Unity

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/ECTDOC.HTM

Dave... said:
Protestant Fundamentalists worship an idol of leather and paper. Their God is not Incarnate, but is the composite of their readings of dead letters.

[quote:60957]"you hate the bible."

I don't think so, Bob- I hate blatant misrepresentations of the scriptures that I love.

:o

Irreconcilable Differences: Catholics, Evangelicals, and the New Quest for Unity

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/ECTDOC.HTM[/quote:60957]
This ain't rocket science, Dave: an idol is dead. A bible idolized is dead. Hence, the letters in it are dead when read by the dead. I could not suggest for one moment that scripture is alive apart from the Spirit, now could I.

Hopefully that's cleared things up. If not, read my earlier comment as follows:
Protestant Fundamentalists worship an idol of leather and paper. Their God is not Incarnate, but is the composite of their readings of live scripture made dead by their idolatry of it.

OC reveals deeper depths of confusion.

He says.....

"Protestant Fundamentalists worship an idol of leather and paper. Their God is not Incarnate, but is the composite of their readings of dead letters."

"..... I could not suggest for one moment that scripture is alive apart from the Spirit, now could I."

Yet scripture tells us that we are now alive in Christ simply because we believed the gospel preached to us.

Meaning this, the Spirit that OC tells us causes scripture to become alive to the reader, lives in each believer. Even more, is one with each believer.

OC really has no clue regarding the truth contained in scriptures, and thus speaks utter darkness most of the time.

Simply put, he speaks death.

Here though is life.....

Christ, the reality of what we have been given in the scriptures, comes into a believer at rebirth, becoming one with this believer.

Thus the Reality of all scripture dwells in each believer.

Which is greater,..... the Reality or the written?

The problem with "Protestant Fundamentalists" is the same as that found with "Orthodox Religionists",...... blindness, caused by poor ministry or hardened hearts, or a mixture of both.

OC says...... "Hopefully that's cleared things up."

Yes OC, its cleared up, again, that you really are a confused fellow.

In love,
cj

Orthodox Christian said:
... Robert has set the tone of this discussion, and we shall honor his piety by emulating him, and doing so with aplomb.
Thessalonian said:
You chastise Catholics for this, yet ignore your protestant brothers Aren't you supposed to rebuke brothers? Isn't that what the Bible calls you to do. We are but pagans according to your brothers. Ooops. Sorry, brother only means from the same womb to you guys so my usage might confuse you. But then so might the Bible's since it uses it all over for fellow Christian or relatives.
Funny, I never singled out a single person in my last post, but both of you go on the attack against me. Thanks a lot, BROTHERS. If my statement convicted some more than others then, so be it.

OC, if you think Robert is wrong, does that you give you the right to "honor his piety by emulating him, and doing so with aplomb."? I think not. If you think he's wrong, yet bring yourself to the level in which you place him, you are NO better than the accused. Also, while you all are beating up on Robert, I have noticed that he has used more scripture to back up his position in one post than some have used in this entire 10 page thread.

One more post questioning a Mod's decision will result in warnings. Continued personal stabs at each other will result in warnings, deleted and/or edited posts or even locking of this thread.

Vic said:
Orthodox Christian said:
... Robert has set the tone of this discussion, and we shall honor his piety by emulating him, and doing so with aplomb.
Thessalonian said:
Funny, I never singled out a single person in my last post, but both of you go on the attack against me. Thanks a lot, BROTHERS. If my statement convicted some more than others then, so be it.

OC, if you think Robert is wrong, does that you give you the right to "honor his piety by emulating him, and doing so with aplomb."? I think not. If you think he's wrong, yet bring yourself to the level in which you place him, you are NO better than the accused. Also, while you all are beating up on Robert, I have noticed that he has used more scripture to back up his position in one post than some have used in this entire 10 page thread.

One more post questioning a Mod's decision will result in warnings. Continued personal stabs at each other will result in warnings, deleted and/or edited posts or even locking of this thread.

What I wrote was an attack? You don't know the meaning of the word attack from what I have endured on this and other boards.

Vic said:
Orthodox Christian said:
Thessalonian said:
Here's what you said

We both know Robert doesn't use big words, Vic. It is a reasonable assumption to respond as if your comments were not in any way addressed to Robert.

Your statement didn't convict me at all- I did not make any personal attacks: I attacked ideas, and did not single out any individual here.

Vic said:
OC, if you think Robert is wrong, does that you give you the right to "honor his piety by emulating him, and doing so with aplomb."?
I maintain that Robert is factually wrong. Is it morally wrong to call someone an idolater? According to James, I'd say yes. Am I wrong for identifying that this practice is wrong? I don't believe so. Was my comment aimed at one individual? Certainly not. Am I sinking to the level of the condemnatory by condemning their practice? That's a judgement call.

Vic said:
I think not. If you think he's wrong, yet bring yourself to the level in which you place him, you are NO better than the accused. Also, while you all are beating up on Robert,
Beating up on Robert? :o With what, our foreheads? Do you recall who's INSISTING that we are idolaters? And again, my comments were aimed at a general practice. Why is it that you and he recognize immediately that the comments fit him, unless they in fact do fit him?

Vic said:
I have noticed that he has used more scripture to back up his position in one post than some have used in this entire 10 page thread.
Satan can quote scripture also. Calling someone something that is forbidden in the bible, then quoting the scripture hardly rises to the level of scriptural proof.

Vic said:
Which mod, Vic- you or Robert? Seems to me he's hardly objective here. As for questioning your decision- I haven't questioned your decision, I have questioned who you were aiming this at, which seemed to quite clearly to single out me.

I have one more question: Is labeling someone an idolator a 'personal stab?'

Vatican II

"Having entered deeply into the history of salvation, Mary, in a way, unites in her person and re-echoes the most important doctrines of the faith: and when she is the subject of preaching and worship she prompts the faithful to come to her Son, to his sacrifice and to the love of the Father." (Vol. 1, pp. 420 and 421)

Jesus alone is the subject of preaching and worship not the false Roman devil goddess!

The goddess of the RCC and OC churches is simply the "Queen of Heaven" regurgitated.

Jesus purged our sins by Himself. He saved us by Himself. We do not need to go to a false goddess to come to Christ. Christ is already our mediator and our advocate. He is for us. We must point people to Christ not the Queen of Evil...

Catholics vehemently deny that they worship Mary. How do they explain their own writings?

"Devotion to Our Blessed Lady in its ultimate analysis must be regarded as a practical application of the doctrine of the Communion of Saints. Seeing that this doctrine is not contained, at least explicitly, in the earlier forms of the Apostles' Creed, there is perhaps no ground for surprise if we do not meet with any clear traces of the cultus of the Blessed Virgin in the first Christians centuries," the worship of Mary being a later development. - The Catholic Encyclopedia, vol. 15, p. 459.

BLASPHEMY!

Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918: "To such extent did Mary suffer and almost die with her suffering and dying Son; to such extent did she surrender her maternal rights over her Son for : man's salvation . . that we may rightly say she redeemed the human race together with Christ."

Plus XI, 1935, in a prayer to close a jubilee, we find the first use of the word Coredemptrix by a pope: "O Mother of love and mercy who, when thy sweetest Son was consummating the Redemption of the human race on in the altar of the cross, didst stand next to him suffering with him as a Coredemptrix."

Did the false Mary of Rome have any thing to do with purging our sins?
Not according to God's word!

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had ***by Himself*** purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

The Lord Jesus Christ purged our sins ***by Himself!***That means that Mary played no part in purging our sins!

Is it wrong to call this idolatry?

Is it wrong to call people who practice these vile, filth ridden, and dung spreading lies idolaters?

No!

It is wrong to keep silent and sugar coat the truth!

Is Mary a conqueress of evil? No only God through Jesus Christ conquered death and evil!

The swill spreading popes say other wise.

Pope Pius XII (1876-1958)
(Pontiff 1939-1958)

Blessed Art Thou: A Treasury of Marian Prayers and Devotions / Richard J. Beyer Imprint Notre Dame, IN : Ave Maria Press, c1996, BX2160.2 B46 1996, p. 134-135.

"...Though degraded by our faults and overwhelmed by infinite misery, we admire and praise the peerless richness of the sublime gifts with which God has filled you, above every other mere creature, from the first moment of your conception until the day on which, after your assumption into heaven, he crowned you Queen of the Universe.

O crystal Fountain of Faith, bathe our minds with the eternal truths! O fragrant Lily of All Holiness, captivate our hearts with your heavenly perfume! O Conqueress of Evil and Death, inspire in us a deep horror of sin, which makes the soul detestable to God and a slave of hell!"

Mary did not conquer evil and death!

That is a lie from hell and should be loathed by Christians. Catholics and Orthodox feel no remorse or conviction because in their blinded state they cannot see their own evil.

fatimacrowdsm.jpg

Pagans parading their devil goddess

Jesus alone is the subject of preaching and worship not the false Roman devil goddess!

One should never speak of Mary's fiat in response to the words of the angel "you shall concieve and bear a son"? One is never to consider her role in God's plan of salvation? One is never to consider the Apostles and their role? We are to ignore those verses that talk about these things? So were Jesus and Peter who spoke so much about Abraham, committing idolatry? Devil goddess? We do not consider her in any way shape or form near a God/Goddess. He exalted her to what she is but she is still infinitely below God. We merely recognize, as she did "what God has done for me". Oh sorry, I'm not supposed to quote scripture about her.

Blessings

excerpt of the prayer of antichrist, Pope Pius XII

]"O crystal Fountain of Faith, bathe our minds with the eternal truths! OE fragrant Lily of All Holiness, captivate our hearts with your heavenly perfume! O Conqueress of Evil and Death, inspire in us a deep horror of sin, which makes the soul detestable to God and a slave of hell!"

That is a lie from hell and should be loathed by Christians. Catholics and Orthodox feel no remorse or conviction because in their blinded state they cannot see their own evil."
[/b]

God alone is Saviour.

Those who rationalize and twist truth are son's and daughters of Satan.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Taking words out of context and twisting them to promote Satan's doctrines is a sign of a true apostate.

Here are the words of another antichrist.

Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918: "To such extent did Mary suffer and almost die with her suffering and dying Son; to such extent did she surrender her maternal rights over her Son for : man's salvation . . that we may rightly say she redeemed the human race together with Christ."

Catholics kneel before statues of Mary and beg her to help them.

They pray endless prayers to her and make altars and shrines in her honor.

Catholics claim she is God's glory, Queen, and sing praises to her name.

God says otherwise!

Isaiah 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

"Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy! Our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping, in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary."

Alfonsus de Liguori (1696-1787)

Not once do the scriptures tell us to pray to this goddess and ask her to "turn our eyes on us".

Not a single apostle asks to be prayed to our have statues made in their honor to be "venerated".

Catholics are advocates of "double speak" and will sink to any depth to justify their heresies, blasphemy and idolatry.

That is the truth.

bibleberean said:
excerpt of the prayer of antichrist, Pope Pius XII

]"O crystal Fountain of Faith, bathe our minds with the eternal truths! OE fragrant Lily of All Holiness, captivate our hearts with your heavenly perfume! O Conqueress of Evil and Death, inspire in us a deep horror of sin, which makes the soul detestable to God and a slave of hell!"

In context she did. Go ahead and scream blasphemy. She brought the God of the universe in to this world by her womb. You can squak all you want but if her doing this did not start the chain of events that lead to the crusifixion and resurrection, then unless God had some backup plan of salvation, we would have all been damned. This is the context of the quote that the good Pope was well aware of. He is aware that Christ died upon the cross and the HE is the source of ALL grace. Mary did what she did because of the very grace that he earned on the cross. We merely acknowledge her role in the plan of salvation.

That is a lie from hell and should be loathed by Christians. Catholics and Orthodox feel no remorse or conviction because in their blinded state they cannot see their own evil."
[/b]

Loathing is what you are good at.

[quote:8a37e]God alone is Saviour.

Amen, that does not exclude men from being a part of that plan of salvation. In fact it requires it. One can argue about alternate ways God could have saved mankind but the way he did it was to be born of a woman. We have a role to play as well in bringing the Gospel to others.

Those who rationalize and twist truth are son's and daughters of Satan.

Who's son or daughter are you if you twist and distort what Catholicism teaches. Even if we are wrong (which we are not) you cannot be a son of God if you biasly twist and distort as you do with every single post you write, what Catholicism teaches. Bearing false witness is not just against those who fit your definition of Christian.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
[/quote:8a37e]

Beautiful verse. Yes, Jesus died on the cross for our sins and is our savior.

enough for now.

Blessings

Look, Robert is staying on message.

"Having entered deeply into the history of salvation, Mary, in a way, unites in her person and re-echoes the most important doctrines of the faith: and when she is the subject of preaching and worship she prompts the faithful to come to her Son, to his sacrifice and to the love of the Father." (Vol. 1, pp. 420 and 421)

We NEVER hear sermons from baptist pulpits about anything other than Jesus. Never is the faith of Abraham extolled. Never is Moses preached not spoken of, in proper Elizabethan KJV, or proclaimed from the pulpits of the super-schismites.

What does this man preach from his pulpit?
orlando_sentinel_990617a_falwell_opt.jpg

Or this man?
PatRobertson.jpg

How about this clown?
dave-hunt.jpg

It sure ain't Christ alone from those pulpits.

Find their stories and more at http://agatheringofangrywhitemen.org

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back