Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The woman who must flee into the forest

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What worlds? Where is this found in scripture as it only speaks of a new heaven and a new earth. Nothing plural.

There are three heavens and only Earth that scripture speaks of.

First heaven - The firmament, Earths Atmosphere -which is the immediate sky, where the “fowls of the heaven” (Genesis 2:19; 7:3,23; Psalms 8:8, etc.), “the eagles of heaven” (Lamentations 4:19), it is our atmosphere that surrounds the earth.

Second Heaven - Outer Space, the starry heavens (Deuteronomy 17:3; Jeremiah 8:2; Matthew 24:29).
The second heaven is the starry heavens, where our atmosphere ends. It is the heavens in which the sun, moon, and stars are fixed in orbit.

Third Heaven - This is where God, Jesus and the holy angels dwell plus the very breath of just men dwell as when we die it is that breath that returns back to God. It is called “The heaven of heavens,” (Deuteronomy 10:14; 1 Kings 8:27; Psalms 115:16; 148:4). (1Kings 8:27) - “The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. The third heaven is beyond the space and stars. Where no man has seen by telescope. This heaven is the dwelling-place of God (John 3:13).

2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Peter 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
The Father,is at rest needs of nothing contains all things supports all realms with goodness. Below that are the 12 realms of everlasting realms. These are the Christ, the Adamas the first and the last the realms of light. Below them are the darkness realm in that they were created in the likeness of the upper realms. These are the material realms.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
The realms you speak of are very small compared to the upper ones. Because of being carnal eyes can't see the but the spirit can.
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
Being carnal killed Stephen.
Even saying things that is not understood, but true in spirit. But understanding comes by hearing of the word and the study of Him in that all things were created.

I do apologize
Apology accepted

I believe the heart is prone to be deceived by other's.
I agree. However, that does not mean we cannot deceive ourselves.
For example, you did something that you felt was right at the time only to later realize it was a bad choice. We’ve all done that.

My teachings were very different than most; and I was always taught a man should think for himself, not simply trust other men to guide him.
I was raised the same way as were many others. I come from the era where it was a common saying, “if everyone was jumping off a bridge, would you jump too?” At that time, this was referencing suicide.

There is a difference between what men say, and God's guidance; and men have altered the Bible so much that it can be easy to get lost.
And this calls for discernment. I could add to your list, but to tie it into the heart, many people do so because the come into the Bible with an agenda to have it say what they want it to say. Many deceive themselves and to your point, others are susceptible to their deceit.

On wikipedia the Commandment, "Thou shalt not bear false witness"; is now simply "Thou shall not lie". To me there is a big difference from telling any lie;
You’re simply going to the wrong source. Try going to a Jewish site, such as chabad.org

You’re simply going to the wrong source. Try going to a Jewish site, such as chabad.org
Thank you for the input; but I don't need to research the Old Testament. The pharisees did a great deal to consolidate their authority and power over the Tribes of Israel a long time ago.

Those old people, including my great-grandmother had a great deal of information; and a special way to pass that knowledge from one generation to the next. I do trust that source; they had no reason to lie or mislead me in any way. Now it's just a matter of waiting a bit longer.

I do trust that source; they had no reason to lie or mislead me in any way.
This really comes back full circle and ties into what I said last post.

I don’t think you are trying to mislead anyone, and that’s something I appreciate so far about you. That being said, I’ll give those you trust the benefit of the doubt.

Thank you for the input; but I don't need to research the Old Testament.
but do you want to study it? Wickipedia is for research and we both agree it’s not the most trustworthy or reliable place to research the Bible. But I’m not talking about research.

The pharisees did a great deal to consolidate their authority and power over the Tribes of Israel a long time ago.
Ok, I’m not disagreeing. But what does this have to do with studying the Torah from a Jewish site?

Back