Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Theistic Evolution

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well, you know how illogical Barbarians are. But even an illogical old Barbarian can spot a strawman. Try criticizing the theory as it is, not as you wish it was.

I find it difficult to discuss issues with you when you keep avoiding the points of topic.

Perhaps if you'd stick to explaining your beliefs, and not try to tell us what you think evolutionary theory is about, you'd do better. As you learned, evolutionary theory does not say what you think it does. An example:

Cygnus:then sin and death could not have spread to all via ONE man. Rom 5:12

Barbarian observed:
Nothing in evolutionary theory, or in observed evolution contradicts this.

Hmmmmmm, now here I though populations evolved. Surely if populations evolved..there could still be a sinless population of people on the planet earth.

As you now realize, this is not a prediction of evolutionary theory nor does the fact of evolution mean any particular population will survive.

Cygnus: then sin and death could not have spread to all via ONE man. Rom 5:12

Barbarian observed:
Nothing in evolutionary theory, or in observed evolution contradicts this.

Cygnus: Theo-Evoism teaches there were many people around when the "allegorical" Adam fell.
Now here the Theo-Evo crowd separates...one sect says all the people of the world at that time fell all at once. Which is not biblically supported.

Yet another sect says there was an Adam who was amongst the population and he fell and his sin nature spread to all the people of the world. This too is not biblically supported and allows one to ask this sect what of the people who were not of Adams progeny? Were they not men?

Perhaps you agree with the following depiction presented by another Theo-Evo sect:

View attachment 8855

Barbarian, I would imagine you have another "theory" of how sin came to be and spread...similiar to the above theories. Perhaps you can present it here for us to look at.

Theo-Evoism teaches there were many people around when the "allegorical" Adam fell.

Nope. You keep imagining new stories and insist that science must advocate them. Do you see why not knowing what evolutionary theory is, will cause you endless problems?

Barbarian, I would imagine you have another "theory" of how sin came to be and spread

Why don't you just accept the Biblical version? Christians who accept evolution do that.

Nope. You keep imagining new stories and insist that science must advocate them. Do you see why not knowing what evolutionary theory is, will cause you endless problems?

Why don't you just accept the Biblical version? Christians who accept evolution do that.

I have accepted the bible version...Adam was made from the dust, fell in the garden, and through Adam all men now sin.

Unlike your version where via evolutionism..we sin because of a mutation.

I have accepted the bible version...Adam was made from the dust, fell in the garden, and through Adam all men now sin.
That is the Biblical story; the story of God and man.
It does not pretend to be science.
Science does not have a category of investigation called "sin." Sin is a moral issue; science does not deal with moral issues. Its objective is to discover how the physical universe works.
Unlike your version where via evolutionism..we sin because of a mutation.
Nobody has such an version.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back