Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Theory of Evolution crash course/Q&A

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
we can from something.

If you walk on a beach and see a clock, something put it there. And we can safely assume it was assembled via a knowable process

what do you think we came from?

The simple answer is that Yes we came from apes. mainly because we are stills apes. This was actually discovered by Lenaius way before Darwin was even born. Physically we share all the Ashe anatomy as all the modern ape species. Genetically we are also very similar and share most of our genome with chimps and bonobos. I'll look up the closest know ancestor when I get home. :)

The simple answer is that Yes we came from apes. mainly because we are stills apes. This was actually discovered by Lenaius way before Darwin was even born. Physically we share all the Ashe anatomy as all the modern ape species. Genetically we are also very similar and share most of our genome with chimps and bonobos. I'll look up the closest know ancestor when I get home. :)

Really??? Hmmm.

Then can you help me answer these: (it seems to me you are an evolution kind of person - and at the same time believe in a God....that is to say you are of the opinion that God probably made us via the process of evo)

1. You said we came from apes; why did God say we are created higher (of more worth and importance) than animals (the verse used 'birds'...actually it's refering to animals. MPOV Matt. 6:26

2. Why did God make man in His own image? If we came from apes...did God make apes in His own image? Gen 1:27 what is the image of God? Ape to man: does it mean God changes??? If God didn't evolve why would man made in HIS image evolve??? [SIZE=-3]“Then God said, ‘Let Us 4 make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.’â€[/SIZE]

3. Why did God ask man to take care of the animals (the entire world)

4. Did evolutionists misrepresent the word of God: God made man on the sixth day (after HE had created animals). Is this the claims of evolutionists that we evolved?

Really??? Hmmm.

Then can you help me answer these: (it seems to me you are an evolution kind of person - and at the same time believe in a God....that is to say you are of the opinion that God probably made us via the process of evo)
I'm agnostic to the entire idea of whether a God exists, and I don't really subscribe to Christian creation ideals. I think if there is a God, then he/she/it probably created the universe but everything outside that I don't really think "he,She,It" was all that involved.

1. You said we came from apes; why did God say we are created higher (of more worth and importance) than animals (the verse used 'birds'...actually it's refering to animals. MPOV Matt. 6:26
I don't know.

2. Why did God make man in His own image? If we came from apes...did God make apes in His own image? Gen 1:27 what is the image of God? Ape to man: does it mean God changes??? If God didn't evolve why would man made in HIS image evolve??? [SIZE=-3]“Then God said, ‘Let Us 4 make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.’”[/SIZE]
I don't know.

3. Why did God ask man to take care of the animals (the entire world)
I don't know.

4. Did evolutionists misrepresent the word of God: God made man on the sixth day (after HE had created animals). Is this the claims of evolutionists that we evolved?
I highly doubt it. People draw their own conclusion from what they have seen.

Alright. I see the extent of your "I don't knowism". Thanks for being honest here. Maybe others will help:biggrin:lol

can I jump in class?

What is his Image? If we saw it, can we know? If he surpasses allunderstanding that is?

I see his image as the periodic table. You can over lay the periodic tableover everything. Everything is god is it not?

Actually the reason why Christians don't take evo seriously is the claim that we all evloved from apes. Did we truly evolve from those?

Gen5:2 says god called them, the man and his wife, the "Adamites, (?)"...i.e.; a species:

Gen5:2 Male and female created he THEM; and blessed THEM, and called THEIR nameAdam, (a species), in the day when THEY werecreated.

can I jump in class?

What is his Image? If we saw it, can we know? If he surpasses allunderstanding that is?

I see his image as the periodic table. You can over lay the periodic tableover everything. Everything is god is it not?

The ball is yours. Take the dribbles and let's see how you score a goal.:)

Gen5:2 says god called them, the man and his wife, the "Adamites, (?)"...i.e.; a species:

Gen5:2 Male and female created he THEM; and blessed THEM, and called THEIR nameAdam, (a species), in the day when THEY werecreated.

I might not have understood you well. Are we a product of evo??? Danke:)

Originally Posted by cupid dave

Claaik:

I might not have understood you well. Are we a product of evo??? Danke:)

I believe that the Bible is telling us "Yes, man 'flooded'" out-of-Africa 40 thousand years of "days and nights" ago, while all other humanoid ancestors died in a massive extinction that went on from then until around 15,000 years ago.

The "Ark" was the now sole and dominant Conscious free willed mind of Modern Homo sapiens, who have envisioned and named all the animals during these last 40,000 years.

The evidence for scripture reporting such amazing and uncanny knowledge of these events can be seen by the CORRESPONDENCES of scripture with Science:

The 22 names in the genealogy DOcompare directly, one-to-one, with the 22 now extinct species in the ascent toModern man.

Adamcain.jpg

Book:

Capture.JPG

The Last Human: A Guide to Twenty-TwoSpecies of Extinct Humans

by G.J.Sawyer, (Author)

sethNoah.jpg

Alright thank you. If that is the case then in whose image was man made? If man is evolving...then what is that 'evolved man' that God said was made in HIS image? Apes form of man? Or something beyound that???

If that is true...then man would keep evolving. We may grow wings in the future, breath out fire in the feature etc

I think your last picture should help you understand my question. I see a continuum. So what creature/specie/or whatever along that continuum justifies the phrase: 'made in HIS image'?

Alright thank you.

1) If that is the case then in whose image was man made? If man is evolving...then what is that 'evolved man' that God said was made in HIS image?
Apes form of man?
Or something beyound that???

I think your last picture should help you understand my question. I see a continuum.
So what creature/specie/or whatever along that continuum justifies the phrase: 'made in HIS image'?

God is still working on us, as Christ reported when he said, "Ye all have the power to become the sons of God,"...
This infers at least a next step as we become new creatures in this God of existence.

Gen.1:26 And God, (The Universal Force, the Macrocosmos), said, "Letus, (the Natural Laws), make man, (a conscious mind, to model us,the unfolding Universe, as a Microcosmos of his mind), in (order that)our image (might be modeled after our own orderly organization): andlet him (that conscious mind,) have dominion over the fish of the sea,and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, andover every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Gen.1:27 So God (The Universal Force) created man (an abstract mindin his own image, enabled to image The Universal Force, abstractly andmathematically), so created God (The Universal Force) him; male andfemale created he them.

what defines "you"?

body parts?

I don't think so.

Right.
Essentially, we are mind.

We think, and even have used that thinking to "discover" our toes are useful to our mind.

Our mind is spirit, not flesh.
Our mind is psychic energy that can not be seen nor even defined any better that other forms of energy.
Our mind is the tool by which we can discern the spirit of Truth that allows us to see the "God who is" out there, outside of our skull, Reality.

Right.
Essentially, we are mind.

We think, and even have used that thinking to "discover" our toes are useful to our mind.

Our mind is spirit, not flesh.
Our mind is psychic energy that can not be seen nor even defined any better that other forms of energy.
Our mind is the tool by which we can discern the spirit of Truth that allows us to see the "God who is" out there, outside of our skull, Reality.

I see the peroidic table here ... good show.

I'm agnostic to the entire idea of whether a God exists, and I don't really subscribe to Christian creation ideals. I think if there is a God, then he/she/it probably created the universe but everything outside that I don't really think "he,She,It" was all that involved.

I beg to disagree. I think if you're not sure you owe it to yourself to find out for sure, after all, if you think there's a chance that there may be an after life that lasts for an eternity, it would be beneficial to find out what it's all about, just in case you're wrong.
There's a truth out there, and it doesn't matter what you or I believe, it is what it is. Your unbelief in God doesn't get rid of Him any more than my belief in Him makes Him so.
Christian ideals exist for a reason. They weren't formed out of nothing. 2000 years ago a man named Jesus existed. That is confirmed with writing that are not biblical. These writing also confirm that he was crucified. Also, the 12 apostles changed from scared and lost (they all scattered and hid during the crucifixion except one) to people who died a horrible death for something. It wasn't for a lie, because people don't die for a lie that they know is a lie. People may die for a lie that they think is truth, but nor for the latter. You can look up in the internet some of the apostles burial sites. They were real people. What did they experience that made them change, enabling them to die horribly for something? The truth is they saw the resurrected Jesus and realized what he was promising them.
As for God not being involved, I would say giving up His Son to save all of us is getting quite involved.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back