Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. (Matt. 24:44 NKJ)

Dude, just read Acts 4, see the authority’s response to the name of Jesus for yourself. 4:17 is what I meant by “censored”.

“So that it spreads no further among the people, let us severely threaten them, that from now on they speak to no man in his name.” (Acts. 4:17)
You didn't connect the dots. Nothing in the Acts context implies Isaiah 53.

If the Jews "censored" the text, prove it with a quote from the writing commanding Jews not to read it.

Until then, its a false witness to accuse the Jews of what they, to my knowledge, do not do.

They either skip Is. 53 or tell you the nation of Israel is that suffering servant, not the messiah who has come in the flesh as a real person.
So they are human; have their own interpretation of scripture. How are they different than many of us?

They will learn that Jesus is their Messiah, when they see Him coming with the clouds:

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. (Rev. 1:7 NKJ)

Paul was clear, Christ will come out of Zion to deliver them from their ignorance, all that is truly Israel will be saved:

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.
26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins."

28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.
29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,
31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out! (Rom. 11:25-33 NKJ)

If the Jews "censored" the text, prove it with a quote from the writing commanding Jews not to read it.

Until then, its a false witness to accuse the Jews of what they, to my knowledge, do not do.
So you connected the dots? Since the name of Jesus was forbidden to be preached among the Jews, how could any of them connect the dots between Jesus and Is. 53? Those rabbis had been the "gatekeepers" of their communities, very like Catholic priests used to be the "gatekeepers" between man and God, nobody knew who this Yeshua Ha Messiah really is until recent decades with the Internet.

So they are human; have their own interpretation of scripture. How are they different than many of us?
Because it wasn't just their own interpretation or MISinterpretation of the scripture, it had dire consequences in history. Since they interpreted the nation of Israel collectively is the messiah which Is. 53 is referring to, they began to exalt themselves as the messiah. There's a slogan in communism - "there's no messiah, we're the messiah we've been waiting for." That can be traced all the way back to this interpretation. I'm not suggesting that Jews are all communists even though Marx was a Jew, but at least that shows how they're different from many of us - In Acts 8, Is. 53 is interpreted by Phillip to the Ethiopian Eunuch that Jesus is this suffering servant; but since Jews reject Jesus and don't read the NT, they have to come up with their own interpretation, so there you have it.

I was wondering what he meant also, so I asked ChatGPT and got this answer:

The claim that Jewish Rabbis "censor" or discourage the reading of Isaiah 53 because of its reference to Jesus Christ is a point of contention and misunderstanding between different religious perspectives, particularly between some Christian and Jewish interpretations. Here's a detailed look into the issue:

Isaiah 53 in Jewish and Christian Contexts​

1. Isaiah 53 Overview:
    • Isaiah 53 is part of a section in the Book of Isaiah often referred to as the "Suffering Servant" passages (Isaiah 52:13-53:12). It describes a figure who suffers on behalf of others, is despised and rejected, yet ultimately vindicated by God.
  2. Christian Interpretation:
    • Many Christians see Isaiah 53 as a prophecy foretelling the life, suffering, and death of Jesus Christ. They believe that the "Suffering Servant" described in this chapter is a clear messianic prophecy that is fulfilled in Jesus.
  3. Jewish Interpretation:
    • In traditional Jewish interpretation, Isaiah 53 is often understood differently. Many Jewish scholars and Rabbis interpret the "Suffering Servant" as a metaphor for the nation of Israel itself, which has suffered throughout history but remains faithful to God and is ultimately vindicated. This interpretation sees the suffering servant as representing the collective experiences and struggles of the Jewish people.

Allegations of Censorship or Discouragement​

1. Torah and Haftarah Readings:
    • The weekly Torah readings (parashot) and accompanying Haftarah readings (selections from the Prophets) in synagogue services are structured in a way that not every chapter from the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) is read publicly throughout the year. Some claim that Isaiah 53 is "skipped" or not emphasized, but this is a misunderstanding of how the readings are structured.
  2. Reasons for Perceived Avoidance:
    • The perception that Isaiah 53 is avoided might stem from its absence in the standard Haftarah readings, not due to intentional censorship but due to the established liturgical cycle.
    • Rabbis and Jewish educators may focus on interpretations that align with Jewish theological perspectives, emphasizing communal rather than individual messianic roles, which can be misconstrued as avoidance.
  3. Educational Focus:
    • In Jewish education, the focus is on the entire context of the Hebrew Scriptures and traditional Jewish interpretations. Isaiah 53 is studied and discussed, but through the lens of Jewish tradition rather than Christian messianic claims.

Misunderstandings and Interfaith Dialogue​

• Interfaith Misunderstandings:
    • Claims of censorship often arise from a lack of understanding of Jewish interpretive traditions and liturgical practices. Both religious communities have deeply rooted traditions and interpretations that shape their reading of the texts.
  • Encouraging Dialogue:
    • Constructive interfaith dialogue can help bridge gaps in understanding. Recognizing the different contexts and interpretations allows for more respectful and informed discussions between Christians and Jews.
In summary, the claim that Jewish Rabbis censor or discourage reading Isaiah 53 is based on differing interpretations and religious traditions rather than an active attempt to suppress certain readings. Understanding these nuances can help foster better interfaith understanding and respect.

End Quote

I don't doubt devout readers of this text immediately think of Jesus, He so perfectly fulfilled it. They may avoid reading it, for that reason. Calling it "censorship" implies an official act. If there is an "edict" somewhere, religious or secular that the passage shouldn't be read, those who allege they "censor" scripture should produce the text of it, and provide sufficient references so we can verify its accuracy and authority of the text.

In other words, ChatGPT explained the "misunderstanding" quite well. I accept its answer unless someone can prove differently.

Its not the first time I heard the charge Rabbis censor the text, I heard it somewhere before but can't remember who said it, where or when. At the time I naively believed people some of whom who were not worthy of my trust.

Today its so easy to verify statements with ChatGPT, I took the opportunity to ask whether the charge was true. It clearly is not.
Thanks for the effort.

Really? Maybe not Acts 4, not does this imply Is. 53 - where it was directly quoted? Is Philip's interpretation man's or God's? Be reasonable, man.

So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him. The place in the Scripture which he read was this:

“He was led as a sheep to the slaughter;
And as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
In His humiliation His justice was taken away,
And who will declare His generation?
For His life is taken from the earth.”

So the eunuch answered Philip and said, “I ask you, of whom does the prophet say this, of himself or of some other man?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. (Acts. 8:30-35)

Really? Maybe not Acts 4, not does this imply Is. 53 - where it was directly quoted? Is Philip's interpretation man's or God's? Be reasonable, man.

So Philip ran to him, and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him. The place in the Scripture which he read was this:

“He was led as a sheep to the slaughter;
And as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
So He opened not His mouth.
In His humiliation His justice was taken away,
And who will declare His generation?
For His life is taken from the earth.”

So the eunuch answered Philip and said, “I ask you, of whom does the prophet say this, of himself or of some other man?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. (Acts. 8:30-35)
Thanks.
I hadn't put that together before. :clap

So you connected the dots? Since the name of Jesus was forbidden to be preached among the Jews, how could any of them connect the dots between Jesus and Is. 53? Those rabbis had been the "gatekeepers" of their communities, very like Catholic priests used to be the "gatekeepers" between man and God, nobody knew who this Yeshua Ha Messiah really is until recent decades with the Internet.
I couldn't connect the dots as you did. Nothing in scripture points to censorship of Isaiah 53. I agree Jesus was rejected by the religious authorities of the Jews, and they contradicted Jesus and His disciples at every opportunity.

But nothing in the NT says they censored Isaiah 53 nor is there other proof they did.

If you have proof they censored the text, copy paste it here.

I couldn't connect the dots as you did. Nothing in scripture points to censorship of Isaiah 53. I agree Jesus was rejected by the religious authorities of the Jews, and they contradicted Jesus and His disciples at every opportunity.

But nothing in the NT says they censored Isaiah 53 nor is there other proof they did.

If you have proof they censored the text, copy paste it here.
I have already explained to you how they had misinterpreted Is. 53 because of their rejection of Jesus. Censorship of Is. 53 is not in the NT as NT writers had no obligation to cover ever heresy and malpractice, but it happened in rabbinic teachings, especially in their Yeshiva schools. Is. 53 is known as the "forbidden chapter" for a reason. Don't take my word for it, go google "forbidden chapter" and "Is. 53" yourself. Since NT clearly stated that Jesus was censored (Acts 4:17), and Is. 53 points to Jesus (Acts 8:34-35), don't you think that it's a logical move to have Is. 53 censored - and such censorship is a hard fact? Just because you couldn't connect the dots doesn't mean nobody else could or the line between the dots is made up.

Last edited:
Beware of the "spiritualization" of his return, though. A common gnostic heresy that teaches it as the "awakening of your inner consciousness", no longer being held hostage by guilt and shame. They've turn it completely self-centered, not the physical and bodily return of Christ on Mount Olive, but the return of my pure, innocent, doe-eyed self uncorrupted by the world, a new heart not desensitized by cynicism, hatred and despair. Some among those who say they do believe the second coming, especially those who also believe that "Jesus lives in my heart" may have been duped by this New Age false doctrine. What is written in the bible is one thing, what you think and what you're taught is written in the bible is quite another.
It doesn't matter what gnostic believe or anyone else for that matter, but to only believe that which has already been written by the Prophets and Apostles as God gave and inspired them to write. God told us to not trust a mans teaching, but to test the spirits that teach us

God said to trust no man for what they speak, but to test the spirits that are speaking whether they be of truth or error, 1 John 4:1-6. If what one speaks does not line up with scripture then never believe them. Majority rule and a socially acceptable word of God can be very deceptive if you are not studying scripture for yourself.

As far as Jesus living in our heart is very scriptural as the heart is that of the inner Spiritual man.

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

It doesn't matter what gnostic believe or anyone else for that matter, but to only believe that which has already been written by the Prophets and Apostles as God gave and inspired them to write. God told us to not trust a mans teaching, but to test the spirits that teach us

God said to trust no man for what they speak, but to test the spirits that are speaking whether they be of truth or error, 1 John 4:1-6. If what one speaks does not line up with scripture then never believe them. Majority rule and a socially acceptable word of God can be very deceptive if you are not studying scripture for yourself.

As far as Jesus living in our heart is very scriptural as the heart is that of the inner Spiritual man.

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Sir, I wouldn't have exposed this heresy if I hadn't studied the Scripture myself. What is written by the Prophets and Apostles is one thing, what you think they have written is another, most folks don't know the difference. Yes we do test the spirits with the Scripture, but what about testing our own understanding of the Scripture with other people? You know, that's why this forum exists and why we're having this discussion on theology, right?

God told us to not trust a mans teaching,

God said to trust no man for what they speak,
Where does God say this?

1Co 12:28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.
1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? (ESV)

Gal 6:6 Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches. (ESV)

Eph 4:11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
Eph 4:12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
Eph 4:13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. (ESV)

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. (ESV)

1Ti 3:2 Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, (ESV)

1Ti 4:13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching. (ESV)

1Ti 5:17 Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. (ESV)

2Ti 2:2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.
2Ti 2:24 And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,
2Ti 2:25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, (ESV)

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (ESV)

Tit 2:1 But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. (ESV)

Heb 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, (ESV)

So, there are a number of passages that speak of God gifting some to teach, that teaching needs to be in line with sound doctrine, and that teachers are to teach others how to teach. To be certain, there are also a number of warnings against false teachings and false teachers.

But, given the good things said about teaching, about its necessity, and that it is given by God, why would God then contradict himself by telling "us to not trust a mans teaching"? That would mean God told us not to trust the very system he put in place for teaching sound doctrine in the Church. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

So, there are a number of passages that speak of God gifting some to teach, that teaching needs to be in line with sound doctrine, and that teachers are to teach others how to teach. To be certain, there are also a number of warnings against false teachings and false teachers.

But, given the good things said about teaching, about its necessity, and that it is given by God, why would God then contradict himself by telling "us to not trust a mans teaching"? That would mean God told us not to trust the very system he put in place for teaching sound doctrine in the Church. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.
Trust but not rely. God's word or presence is not confined in the four walls of the church, whatever we're taught in the church is meant to be practiced in real life. It's like a school, in which we're being trained and transformed, but from which we eventually graduate. We're meant to digest solid food, not suck on the spiritual teats for milk forever. It's a tragedy that most modern churchs are run by Nicolaitans who deliberately only feed their congregation with elementary stuffs and keep them spiritually immature so they have to rely on the clergy and the institution.

For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. (Heb. 5:12-14)

Because it wasn't just their own interpretation or MISinterpretation of the scripture, it had dire consequences in history. Since they interpreted the nation of Israel collectively is the messiah which Is. 53 is referring to, they began to exalt themselves as the messiah. There's a slogan in communism - "there's no messiah, we're the messiah we've been waiting for." That can be traced all the way back to this interpretation. I'm not suggesting that Jews are all communists even though Marx was a Jew, but at least that shows how they're different from many of us - In Acts 8, Is. 53 is interpreted by Phillip to the Ethiopian Eunuch that Jesus is this suffering servant; but since Jews reject Jesus and don't read the NT, they have to come up with their own interpretation, so there you have it.
Reading your interesting post above, I have just posted in the site of kingjamesbibleonline.org what the Jews are commenting about manifestation of their messiah-moshiach, as follow:

Moshiach 101-The Identity of Moshiach

Who Is Moshiach(the Jewish Messiah)?

The Messianic Redemption will be ushered in by a person,a human leader, a descendant of Kings David and Solomon,who will reinstate the Davidic royal dynasty.According to tradition,Moshiach will be wiser than Solomon,and a PROPHET around the level of Moses.

Ever since the destruction of the Holy Temple,in every generation there is an individual,a scion of the House of David, who has the potential to be the Moshiach. If at any moment the Jews are worthy of redemption,this person would be directed from Above to assume the role of the redeemer.

In every generation there is a scion of the House of David who has the potential to be the Moshiach During the Messianic Era, the Moshiach will serve a dual role. He will be a MONARCH, ruling OVER ALL of HUMANITY with kindness and justice, and upholding the Law of the Torah-613 commandments for the Jews, and 7 for the non-Jews.He will also be the ultimate teacher, the conduit for the deepest and most profound dimensions of the Torah which will then be revealed by Gd.

How are we to identify the Moshiach?

Moshiach is not identified by his ability to perform earth-shattering miracles.In fact,he isn't required to perform any miracles at all(although the performance of miracles doesn't disqualify him either)

The following are the criteria for identifying the Moshiach,as written by Maimonides:

If we see a Jewish leader who(a)toils in the study of Torah and is meticulous about the observance of the mitzvot,(b)influences the Jews to follow the ways of the Torah and(c)wages the "battles of Gd"-such a person is the"presumptive Moshiach."

If the person succeeded in all these endeavors,and then rebuilds the Holy Temple in Jerusalem and facilitates the ingathering of the Jews to the Land of Israel-then we are certain that he is the Moshiach.

~~~~-~-~-~-~-~-
Knowing that the Moshiach(the Jewish Messiah) is a false lamb(John 5:43-47) , and Revelation 13:11 reveals him as
the MAN Beast coming up out of the earth(Israel,the clay, now dry land); and he has two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon, then I made a commentary in the Jewish site, saying to them:

Moshiach was already born decades ago, but his time to introduce himself will be only after the election of the next and last Pope, so his personal manifestation may happen very soon, believe. And he will be enthroned in Jerusalem, and the next and last Pope will schedule a visit to Israel, there they will both discuss the construction of an Universal religious kingdom, Catholicism already has a gigantic religious structure that will be taken advantage or appropriated by Judaism and Catholicism through their leaders to build a religious and Universal Kingdom.

That said, we must be ready, see what will happen in the first half of the last week, week 70th Daniel 9:27, as is revealed in Revelation 13:5-9.

Get ready

Who Is Moshiach(the Jewish Messiah)?

The Messianic Redemption will be ushered in by a person,a human leader, a descendant of Kings David and Solomon,who will reinstate the Davidic royal dynasty.According to tradition,Moshiach will be wiser than Solomon,and a PROPHET around the level of Moses.
They only recognize the Messiah as a military general and political leader in the SECOND coming, but not a suffering servant in the first coming.

The effects of what Jesus did went back in time for those who would se Jesus in the Grave for salvation, but be physically healed before Jesus by looking at the coming day.

By Jesus’s stripes they were healed in the Old Testament (Isiah 53).
Plus

By his stripes we are healed in the New Testament (1Peter 2:24).

Old Testament looked Forward to Jesus.
New Testament looks Back to Jesus.

IMHO this can only be understood after Pentecost. Before Pentecost the Prophets wondered of what they spoke in regards to suffering.

Were and Are. Much beyond carnal redneck thinking,

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Where does God say this?

1Co 12:28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.
1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? (ESV)

Gal 6:6 Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches. (ESV)

Eph 4:11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
Eph 4:12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
Eph 4:13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. (ESV)

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. (ESV)

1Ti 3:2 Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, (ESV)

1Ti 4:13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching. (ESV)

1Ti 5:17 Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. (ESV)

2Ti 2:2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.
2Ti 2:24 And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,
2Ti 2:25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, (ESV)

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (ESV)

Tit 2:1 But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. (ESV)

Heb 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, (ESV)

Sort of?
Jude 1:10 kjv
10. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

So? We trust good messages from God ( your scriptures)
But
Understand that there are messages we get that are carnal.

Job’s friends had a lot to say, but they did not speak the truth.

we have to wade through all this and know the difference.

I always see through a glass darkly till the last trump.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

They only recognize the Messiah as a military general and political leader in the SECOND coming, but not a suffering servant in the first coming.
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 say:
9 His coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (They believed not in JESUS-John 1:11)
11 And for this cause GOD shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: (they will believe in the false messiah-John 5:43-47-, an IMPOSTER, a false lamb-Revelation 13:11:14
12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth,but had pleasure in unrighteousness.(Matthew 23: 33-35)
Daniel 12:10-12

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried;
but the wicked shall do wickedly:
none of the wicked shall understand;
the wise shall understand.

Back