Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

"Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. (Matt. 24:44 NKJ)

Where does God say this?

1Co 12:28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues.
1Co 12:29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? (ESV)

Gal 6:6 Let the one who is taught the word share all good things with the one who teaches. (ESV)

Eph 4:11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
Eph 4:12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,
Eph 4:13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,
Eph 4:14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. (ESV)

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. (ESV)

1Ti 3:2 Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, (ESV)

1Ti 4:13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching. (ESV)

1Ti 5:17 Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. (ESV)

2Ti 2:2 and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.
2Ti 2:24 And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,
2Ti 2:25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, (ESV)

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. (ESV)

Tit 2:1 But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. (ESV)

Heb 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, (ESV)

So, there are a number of passages that speak of God gifting some to teach, that teaching needs to be in line with sound doctrine, and that teachers are to teach others how to teach. To be certain, there are also a number of warnings against false teachings and false teachers.

But, given the good things said about teaching, about its necessity, and that it is given by God, why would God then contradict himself by telling "us to not trust a mans teaching"? That would mean God told us not to trust the very system he put in place for teaching sound doctrine in the Church. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.
I said, "God said to trust no man for what they speak, but to test the spirits that are speaking whether they be of truth or error, 1 John 4:1-6.

If you would have read the rest of that sentence you would know what I meant.

Sir, I wouldn't have exposed this heresy if I hadn't studied the Scripture myself. What is written by the Prophets and Apostles is one thing, what you think they have written is another, most folks don't know the difference. Yes we do test the spirits with the Scripture, but what about testing our own understanding of the Scripture with other people? You know, that's why this forum exists and why we're having this discussion on theology, right?
Everyone has to search out truth for themselves as many think they find it only by what others teach them, as well as others do find it as their Spiritual eyes and ears are opened to receive from the Holy Spirit. If we are truly allowing and listening to what the Holy Spirit wants to teach us then we have to hold on to those truths no matter what others try to teach us, especially when those teachings come against that which has already been written. I never ask anyone to believe what I teach, but to search the scriptures I give for themselves as I don't always get it right, but the Holy Spirit will always use others to correct me when needed. In my 12 years of being in theses forums I have learnt much from others that have a greater Spiritual knowledge then I have and for that I am very grateful.

No one knows when Jesus will return and until then we must be about our Fathers business bringing the Gospel message to the world.

Everyone has to search out truth for themselves as many think they find it only by what others teach them, as well as others do find it as their Spiritual eyes and ears are opened to receive from the Holy Spirit. If we are truly allowing and listening to what the Holy Spirit wants to teach us then we have to hold on to those truths no matter what others try to teach us, especially when those teachings come against that which has already been written. I never ask anyone to believe what I teach, but to search the scriptures I give for themselves as I don't always get it right, but the Holy Spirit will always use others to correct me when needed. In my 12 years of being in theses forums I have learnt much from others that have a greater Spiritual knowledge then I have and for that I am very grateful.

No one knows when Jesus will return and until then we must be about our Fathers business bringing the Gospel message to the world.
Here's the paradox - Holy Spirit teaches through PEOPLE, people of flesh and bone, on the airwave or in person, not a voice in your head. I'm saying this because I don't wanna be cynical and unteachable, you know, I wanna have an ear to hear, I wanna have an open mind and a humble attitude, whether something is true or false, receive it first and test it later, instead of rejecting everything altogether, reacting bitterly and reassuring myself that I'm exclusively "listening to the Holy Spirit", which in fact is leaning on my own understanding. There're few people on this forum behaving exactly like that, arrogant, condescending, preachy, passive-aggressive, as though they owned the word of God, that is really annoying.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; (Prob. 3:5)
And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children ... (Deut. 6:6-7)
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Prob. 1:7)
“Do you understand what you are reading?” ... “How can I, unless someone guides me?” (Acts. 8:30-31)

Here's the paradox - Holy Spirit teaches through PEOPLE, people of flesh and bone, on the airwave or in person, not a voice in your head.
Not always.
Thanks be to God !
Peter didn't learn about the cleanliness of beast or man from people.
I'm saying this because I don't wanna be cynical and unteachable, you know, I wanna have an ear to hear, I wanna have an open mind and a humble attitude, whether something is true or false, receive it first and test it later, instead of rejecting everything altogether, reacting bitterly and reassuring myself that I'm exclusively "listening to the Holy Spirit", which in fact is leaning on my own understanding. There're few people on this forum behaving exactly like that, arrogant, condescending, preachy, passive-aggressive, as though they owned the word of God, that is really annoying.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; (Prob. 3:5)
And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children ... (Deut. 6:6-7)
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Prob. 1:7)
“Do you understand what you are reading?” ... “How can I, unless someone guides me?” (Acts. 8:30-31)

You are correct.
He owes us nothing, but isn't allergic to doing so anyway.
If only apostles were granted visions, wouldn't that make God a respecter of persons ?
He isn't.
Nonetheless, "Jacob I loved, Esau I hated." Abel he respected, Cain he despised. The context of "no respector of persons" is that God is not a racist, sexist or classist, he has no bias among believers, yet he has no respect for unbelievers.

Nonetheless, "Jacob I loved, Esau I hated." Abel he respected, Cain he despised. The context of "no respector of persons" is that God is not a racist, sexist or classist, he has no bias among believers, yet he has no respect for unbelievers.
Perhaps, those bereft of God's gifts are unbelievers ?

Perhaps, those bereft of God's gifts are unbelievers ?
All were born as unbelivers, only those born again are believers. Belief is not embedded in the genome, can't be passed down from parents to children, each individual must be their own conscious, informed choice.

All were born as unbelivers,
True.
only those born again are believers.
True, though I probably would have said...All believers get reborn.
Belief is not embedded in the genome, can't be passed down from parents to children, each individual must be their own conscious, informed choice.
I agree.
However, God can give revelations and visions to whoever He pleases.
Those recipients won't be unbelievers.

Here's the paradox - Holy Spirit teaches through PEOPLE, people of flesh and bone, on the airwave or in person, not a voice in your head. I'm saying this because I don't wanna be cynical and unteachable, you know, I wanna have an ear to hear, I wanna have an open mind and a humble attitude, whether something is true or false, receive it first and test it later, instead of rejecting everything altogether, reacting bitterly and reassuring myself that I'm exclusively "listening to the Holy Spirit", which in fact is leaning on my own understanding. There're few people on this forum behaving exactly like that, arrogant, condescending, preachy, passive-aggressive, as though they owned the word of God, that is really annoying.

Of course the Holy Spirit teaches through those who have been called and anointed to teach, but we also have to remember it's only through the Holy Spirit that our Spiritual eyes and ears can be opened to hear what God's Spirit is teaching us in all truths. Christian forums give us that platform to share the word of God with each other as well as learn from each other, but yet it is up to each individual to search the scriptures that are given and study them for themselves praying and asking the Holy Spirit to show us all truth.

Of course the Holy Spirit teaches through those who have been called and anointed to teach, but we also have to remember it's only through the Holy Spirit that our Spiritual eyes and ears can be opened to hear what God's Spirit is teaching us in all truths. Christian forums give us that platform to share the word of God with each other as well as learn from each other, but yet it is up to each individual to search the scriptures that are given and study them for themselves praying and asking the Holy Spirit to show us all truth.
Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.

I so much agree with your post.

The one new man that is made:
Of Jews
Combined with
of gentiles

A child is made of two different parents.
The parents are male and female.
‘If we just look at differences we miss the offspring.
Peter went primarily to Jewish persons.
People with the oracles of God.

Paul went primarily to the gentiles. .

The Holy Spirit can and did and does work in Jew and gentile the same way. The Jewish circumcision m party witnesses at the gentile inclusion recognized the sameness of the Holy Spirit working in both groups.

The middle wall separating the two groups is broken down in Christ Jesus.

However!

Peter went to the Jews
Paul went to the gebtules

The scriptures still recognize:
The Jews
The gentiles
The one new man

There are no conflicts IMHO in scripture. The conflict is in our seeing through our dark sunshades vision.

Posters have to break out of their petsonal background and see the whole picture.

I hope I said something.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I so much agree with your post.

The one new man that is made:
Of Jews
Combined with
of gentiles

A child is made of two different parents.
The parents are male and female.
‘If we just look at differences we miss the offspring.
Peter went primarily to Jewish persons.
People with the oracles of God.

Paul went primarily to the gentiles. .

The Holy Spirit can and did and does work in Jew and gentile the same way. The Jewish circumcision m party witnesses at the gentile inclusion recognized the sameness of the Holy Spirit working in both groups.

The middle wall separating the two groups is broken down in Christ Jesus.

However!

Peter went to the Jews
Paul went to the gebtules

The scriptures still recognize:
The Jews
The gentiles
The one new man

There are no conflicts IMHO in scripture. The conflict is in our seeing through our dark sunshades vision.

Posters have to break out of their petsonal background and see the whole picture.

I hope I said something.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Ephesians 1:3-14

3 Blessed be the GOD and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

6 To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved. (Isaiah 5:1)

7 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace;

8 Wherein He hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of His will(John 15:15-16), according to his good pleasure which He hath purposed in Himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of Truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.

Amen

End Times (End of Ages)
Adam and that falling away
Calling on name of God
Flood and remnant
Father of Faith
Law of Moses
Prophets
Repentance
Jesus (God in flesh)
Power to witness
Gospel to nations
Great falling away
More?

Preparation for judgement (of good and evil)

End times is a full place / plate

Are you ready (born again and all things)

Repentance
Salvation in Jesus
Power to witness

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Yes. Our Lord said,

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Jn.14:18 KJV

I am with you always, to the end of the age. Mt.28:20 NET
What dores the Word of GOD say? John 14:2-3
2... I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
John 17:24 -
24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

1John 4:3 -...Every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of GOD: and this is that spirit of antichrist (spirit of demons)
1 John 3:2 - We(true believers, of course) we know that, when JESUS shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in Him purifieth himself, even as JESUS is pure.

That said, Your doctrine of spiritism, journeyman, is doctrine of demons-1Timothy 4:1-2-the doctrine of the esoteric Antichrist's spirit. Every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of GOD: and this is that spirit of antichrist (spirit of demons)

What dores the Word of GOD say? John 14:2-3
2... I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
He left so the Holy Spirit would prepare us.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
John 17:24 - 24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
1John 4:3 -...Every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of GOD: and this is that spirit of antichrist (spirit of demons)
1 John 3:2 - We(true believers, of course) we know that, when JESUS shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in Him purifieth himself, even as JESUS is pure.

That said, Your doctrine of spiritism, journeyman, is doctrine of demons-1Timothy 4:1-2-the doctrine of the esoteric Antichrist's spirit. Every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of GOD: and this is that spirit of antichrist (spirit of demons)
I believe when John said whoever denies that Jesus has come in the flesh, he meant the Messiah came and fulfilled all prophecy concerning Him. except for final judgment

He left so the Holy Spirit would prepare us.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, GOD is the Truth. 1John 5:7 reveals: There are three that testify in heaven, the Father (GOD the Father), the Word(the Word made flesh-JESUS), and the Holy Spirit (who is not a ghost as is written in English language, but a person), and these three are One.
Spiritists or esoteric followers of Judaism, they are deceived by the spirit of darkness, and they will never know the Truth-John 8:44.
I believe when John said whoever denies that Jesus has come in the flesh, he meant the Messiah came and fulfilled all prophecy concerning Him. except for final judgment
Your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumblingblock, not from GOD's perspective, as is showed by JESUS in Matthew 16:21-23. Take a look. And Luke 24:36-46

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth, GOD is the Truth. 1John 5:7 reveals: There are three that testify in heaven, the Father (GOD the Father), the Word(the Word made flesh-JESUS), and the Holy Spirit (who is not a ghost as is written in English language, but a person), and these three are One.
Spiritists or esoteric followers of Judaism, they are deceived by the spirit of darkness, and they will never know the Truth-John 8:44.

Your thinking is from a human perspective, a stumblingblock, not from GOD's perspective, as is showed by JESUS in Matthew 16:21-23. Take a look. And Luke 24:36-46
The Trinity is One Witness. The 2nd witness is One Body in Christ who testify of Gods' mercy towards mankind. The Holy Spirit knows genuine sincerity from lip service,

Many will say to me inthat day, Lord, Lord, have we notprophesied in thy name? and in thyname have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Then they go into the anti-Christ line.

Back