Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study They worship me in vain.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A time when I was trying to understand the position of Christ to the position of the Father and to whom should I pray to that was the most important......So, I asked God that question.

Immediately I was standing outside of a building, looking through a window. I saw inside a row of beds, much like you would see in an army berricks. In those beds were people, sick with some kind of disease, and there was no cure for it. Some in the beds had the disease for a long time and were about to die, Others had just gotten the disease and were not quite as bed ridden. It reminded me of the time when Legionaries Disease was first discovered. Everyone who caught it died or were going to die, for they knew of no cure at the time. It gave you a feeling of panic and helplessness, just waiting to die with no future of hope and nothing to look forward to.

Feeling despair, I then noticed a tall man in a long white lab coat come in to the room from the far right side of the building and said, "I have a cure for your disease," and He set the medicine on the table. Those that could got out of their bed and got on their hands and knees and began to praise the Doctor, they would turn to those who could not get out of bed and say, "what a great Doctor, That has given us a cure." And they continued steadfastly to praise the Doctor without pause. God then asked me,"what do you see?" And I saw continual praise for the doctor , but I noticed that the medicine was still on the table. And the praise went on and on, but no one took the medicine! And God said unto me, "this is the way it is to this day," The Doctor is the Father, and the cure or medicine is Jesus the Christ, and that is the order of things. And after this I was driving down I-40 W.

On The Potters Wheel
In Christ
Douglas Summers

A time when I was trying to understand the position of Christ to the position of the Father and to whom should I pray to that was the most important......So, I asked God that question.

Immediately I was standing outside of a building, looking through a window. I saw inside a row of beds, much like you would see in an army berricks. In those beds were people, sick with some kind of disease, and there was no cure for it. Some in the beds had the disease for a long time and were about to die, Others had just gotten the disease and were not quite as bed ridden. It reminded me of the time when Legionaries Disease was first discovered. Everyone who caught it died or were going to die, for they knew of no cure at the time. It gave you a feeling of panic and helplessness, just waiting to die with no future of hope and nothing to look forward to.

Feeling despair, I then noticed a tall man in a long white lab coat come in to the room from the far right side of the building and said, "I have a cure for your disease," and He set the medicine on the table. Those that could got out of their bed and got on their hands and knees and began to praise the Doctor, they would turn to those who could not get out of bed and say, "what a great Doctor, That has given us a cure." And they continued steadfastly to praise the Doctor without pause. God then asked me,"what do you see?" And I saw continual praise for the doctor , but I noticed that the medicine was still on the table. And the praise went on and on, but no one took the medicine! And God said unto me, "this is the way it is to this day," The Doctor is the Father, and the cure or medicine is Jesus the Christ, and that is the order of things. And after this I was driving down I-40 W.

On The Potters Wheel
In Christ
Douglas Summers

That was very beautiful Douglas. I understood it very well. And i do not wish to discount your conclusion, but I do see it slightly differently. So if you do not mind, I see the Man in you dream, the Doctor as Jesus, for He is our great physician. The Medicine that He brought in with Him is the Holy Spirit. But instead of taking the medicine that they were promised, their cure, they remain in their sickness while they continued to praise the "image" of a man instead.

This is a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing it. Do you receive insights like this often? just curious...

Hi Silence, That is the only visual answer I had from God, but as The Spirit works in the born again, it convicts, it warns, rejects those things that are hostile to it and the grace of God in fellowship.

On The Potters Wheel
In Christ

Douglas Summers

I had to un-bold it before it was read because bold font hurts my eyes and I was tempted to post: tldr

But, Thanks for sharing, Douglas. :yes

If you'd like to tell us more about "The Christ"? I'd listen. I've heard that, "The Spirit is given to testify about 'Christ'" (thanks ezrider ). But that's not really Jesus' surname, now is it?. It's a title.

He is Jesus, The Christ. He alone is The Christ; because upon Him alone was poured out the Holy Spirit without measure. That christos (Gk word, meaning 'anointed one' or 'chosen one') applies to the Romans 8:9 'Spirit of Christ' in us, too.

But we too are joined into His ministry, and that is done by the anointed workings of the HS. But let me be quiet so I might listen. I say this to put you in memory of what you may have already taught others.

Last edited:
That was very beautiful Douglas. I understood it very well. And i do not wish to discount your conclusion, but I do see it slightly differently. So if you do not mind, I see the Man in you dream, the Doctor as Jesus, for He is our great physician. The Medicine that He brought in with Him is the Holy Spirit. But instead of taking the medicine that they were promised, their cure, they remain in their sickness while they continued to praise the "image" of a man instead.

The question asked was....... Who Do I pray to, the Father or Jesus. I don't think this was about healing.

If you are Trinity, Modalist, Oneness, then it really don't matter who you think your praying to, there is only One of them anyway.

However, Jesus told the disciples that you shall see me no more, and in that day you shall ask me nothing, but ask the Father in my name, and he shall give it to you. I will also show you the Father plainly, and no longer speak in Parables.

So, Jesus is telling them that He will be gone, and in that day they will not be able to ask him, but now need to ask the Father in His name, or because of Him.

This is asking for something, there still is knocking, and seeking. Jesus is still head of the Church, so ministry related things should be directed at Him.

Mat_28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
(Mar 16:20)

So, the instructions He gave, were to the people with him. He is still with us, still confirming the Word in miracles, and great power, is still the author and finisher of our faith, is still the High priest of our confession, and what we say.

Often times, I can tell the difference between the Father speaking and the Lord Jesus speaking. Sometimes, I don't as the Holy Spirit speaks to us what He hears from Heaven.

If your asking for a thing, then 1 John, and Jesus make it pretty clear to go to the Father, and ask.

If you are Trinity, Modalist, Oneness, then it really don't matter who you think your praying to, there is only One of them anyway.
For the sake of clarification so that error doesn't spread, the Trinity is not to be included in such a comparison with Modalism or Oneness. The Trinity, being biblical, fully affirms the eternally distinct persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That is vastly different than the errors of Modalism and Oneness.

That is for clarification only, not for debate.

The question asked was....... Who Do I pray to, the Father or Jesus. I don't think this was about healing.

However, Jesus told the disciples that you shall see me no more, and in that day you shall ask me nothing, but ask the Father in my name, and he shall give it to you. I will also show you the Father plainly, and no longer speak in Parables.

So, Jesus is telling them that He will be gone, and in that day they will not be able to ask him, but now need to ask the Father in His name, or because of Him.

This is asking for something, there still is knocking, and seeking. Jesus is still head of the Church, so ministry related things should be directed at Him.

Mat_28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
(Mar 16:20)

So, the instructions He gave, were to the people with him. He is still with us, still confirming the Word in miracles, and great power, is still the author and finisher of our faith, is still the High priest of our confession, and what we say.

Often times, I can tell the difference between the Father speaking and the Lord Jesus speaking. Sometimes, I don't as the Holy Spirit speaks to us what He hears from Heaven.

If your asking for a thing, then 1 John, and Jesus make it pretty clear to go to the Father, and ask.
Hi Mike, I know that now. This happened over 30 years ago when I was carrying heavy burdens.

For the sake of clarification so that error doesn't spread, the Trinity is not to be included in such a comparison with Modalism or Oneness. The Trinity, being biblical, fully affirms the eternally distinct persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That is vastly different than the errors of Modalism and Oneness.

That is for clarification only, not for debate.

edited as to content.
Whoa Mike This site follows this line of belief.
.We believe that there is only one God, who is eternal and immutable, and manifests Himself in three distinct Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Added later edited by reba,

Last edited by a moderator:

On The Potters Wheel
In Christ
Douglas Summers
reminds me of the vision I had of camp blanding

edited as to content.

Whoa Mike This site follows this line of belief.
.We believe that there is only one God, who is eternal and immutable, and manifests Himself in three distinct Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

You are derailing this thread and also violating Tos 1.3
Which i will deal with later. Admin

Added later edited by reba,

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to un-bold it before it was read because bold font hurts my eyes and I was tempted to post: tldr

But, Thanks for sharing, Douglas. :yes

If you'd like to tell us more about "The Christ"? I'd listen. I've heard that, "The Spirit is given to testify about 'Christ'" (thanks ezrider ). But that's not really Jesus' surname, now is it?. It's a title.

He is Jesus, The Christ. He alone is The Christ; because upon Him alone was poured out the Holy Spirit without measure. That christos (Gk word, meaning 'anointed one' or 'chosen one') applies to the Romans 8:9 'Spirit of Christ' in us, too.

But we too are joined into His ministry, and that is done by the anointed workings of the HS. But let me be quiet so I might listen. I say this to put you in memory of what you may have already taught others.
Hi Sparrow, Yes, Christ is a title.. It has much the same meaning as Messiah. It is surprising how many believers think it is His name. It is more than just we are joined into His ministry, we are His ministry, for we are His body. Not by self will, but by the placing of our gifts and position to the body, given by the Holy Ghost at His sovereign will.(In The Epistles of the NT Church) And this relationship is so intimate that Jesus feels the pain of His body. (Acts 9:1-5) Jesus felt the pain of His people. Of course this refers to our service and persecution unto Him.

I've read in somebody's signature around here that we are epistles too, known and read of men. I like thinking about that. It's Christ being formed in me, right? Here, let me fetch a picture. I like collecting pictures. One second... fetching... It's the quote, "We have the mind of Christ" (or in Hebrew, Messiah, the anointed and chosen one or, in Gk., Christos, pretty sure - but that could be Latin? I think it's Greek) that I'm fetching... one moment, processing...

View attachment 7282
[used by permission under "Fair Use" copyright law]

(ps, thanks for turning off the bold, but it's okay. I can unhighlight and read easy enuf)

Oh! And I'm Gentile, not Jew, but I like reading that version because I'm not
familiar and it makes me open the KJV and compare a bunch, which means I'm thinking about it, so pardon the version that I love (for the moment). Because that (the mind of Christ, being formed in us) sounds similar to the vision that God gave you about the medicine bottle, left untouched? Maybe? We neglect not only Jesus but our heritage, our very salvation, right? And why? I think I'll be quiet and listen to what you have to say... thanks for the previous reply.

Last edited:
Hi Sparrow, Yes, Christ is a title.. It has much the same meaning as Messiah. It is surprising how many believers think it is His name. It is more than just we are joined into His ministry, we are His ministry, for we are His body. Not by self will, but by the placing of our gifts and position to the body, given by the Holy Ghost at His sovereign will.(In The Epistles of the NT Church) And this relationship is so intimate that Jesus feels the pain of His body. (Acts 9:1-5) Jesus felt the pain of His people. Of course this refers to our service and persecution unto Him.

Strange as it is, Christ is a Greek Adjective, and by nature of the language can not be a title. Jesus the anointed one, makes Jesus a Greek Male noun coupled with the adjective pretty close to a title.

When you see Christ, without Jesus in there, it's referring to His Anointing, His power. Jesus the anointed one and His anointing and power for us. Translating it this way, we can see a bit more.

I can do all things through "Christ" who strengthens me.

Another interesting thing is that though we can be Christ (Anointed) the Holy Spirit avoided using that objective for us. He used
chrisma Which carries almost the same meaning as Christ.

Just thinking.

Mike.

Strange as it is, Christ is a Greek Adjective, and by nature of the language can not be a title. Jesus the anointed one, makes Jesus a Greek Male noun coupled with the adjective pretty close to a title.

When you see Christ, without Jesus in there, it's referring to His Anointing, His power. Jesus the anointed one and His anointing and power for us. Translating it this way, we can see a bit more.

Another interesting thing is that though we can be Christ (Anointed) the Holy Spirit avoided using that objective for us. He used

Just thinking.

Mike.
i AT TIMES

Just thinking.

Mike.
I at times try to study the Greek and Hebrew names, but I find even some scholars disagree with each other making it hard not to offend some people. Spiritually I'am troubled using the word christian or religious because there are so many that go by christian who's doctrines are way out of Christ's teachings. I hate to lump them together.

I've read in somebody's signature around here that we are epistles too, known and read of men. I like thinking about that. It's Christ being formed in me, right? Here, let me fetch a picture. I like collecting pictures. One second... fetching... It's the quote, "We have the mind of Christ" (or in Hebrew, Messiah, the anointed and chosen one or, in Gk., Christos, pretty sure - but that could be Latin? I think it's Greek) that I'm fetching... one moment, processing...

View attachment 7282
[used by permission under "Fair Use" copyright law]

(ps, thanks for turning off the bold, but it's okay. I can unhighlight and read easy enuf)

Oh! And I'm Gentile, not Jew, but I like reading that version because I'm not
familiar and it makes me open the KJV and compare a bunch, which means I'm thinking about it, so pardon the version that I love (for the moment). Because that (the mind of Christ, being formed in us) sounds similar to the vision that God gave you about the medicine bottle, left untouched? Maybe? We neglect not only Jesus but our heritage, our very salvation, right? And why? I think I'll be quiet and listen to what you have to say... thanks for the previous reply.
You are neither, but WE are one new man in Christ, Amen.

i AT TIMES

I at times try to study the Greek and Hebrew names, but I find even some scholars disagree with each other making it hard not to offend some people. Spiritually I'am troubled using the word christian or religious because there are so many that go by christian who's doctrines are way out of Christ's teachings. I hate to lump them together.

I am all for study, one thing to keep in mind though is both Hebrew and the Greek are extremely old. It's like reading our old English and making sense out of it, so some scholars will not agree.
The Strongs, and Thayer Greek are good study tools, but they are definitions based on how they believe the Word was used according to a theology they had. Both are not College level ancient Greek and Hebrew with no spin.
Joseph Henry (Thayer) Was Methodist, and the Word Theos (god) had to include the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
James Strong did not believe in Trinity, even though having Methodist background and did not include that definition in the Word.

The good news is that there are only a few words that will get folks mad depending on how you interpret them.
Apostasia for example, Has to mean what it's English counter part means Apostasy, though there is a Greek Verb that explains the Action of departing from the Truth that fits by definition much more clear.
Parapipto means to fall aside from truth and it's a Verb.

Apostasia is a Greek Female noun, so it can't define what it departs from. The compound words mean to depart from a previous held position, or standing. It does not mean departing from truth as that would be impossible for a Greek female noun to convey.

It might not make that much difference, unless you are a Post trib rapture believer, because if you are, then the Word has to mean depart from the Truth, otherwise, the Body of Christ won't be around when the Son of perdition shows up, which rubs their doctrine the wrong way.

Aionios is another word, translated Eternity. Those that do no believe in eternal punishment will try to tell you that Aionios has the same exact meaning as Aion. That is also impossible, Aionios being a Greek Adjective, that continues unless defined in the article.

I Hear what your saying, you have to know your stuff if you step into some of these debates. It can get pretty complicated. Complicated past being helpful to anyone.

Mike.

You are neither, but WE are one new man in Christ, Amen.
And I was, of course, referring to my natural man, my "ancestry" so called. So I am GOY, not Jewish, as I said. Wait, do you even know me? I give you three (3) guesses what nations my closest ancestors are from before they came to America. What nationality or ethnicity am I? Guess, if you can.

No. Never mind that. We used to played guessing games when we were in 1st Grade. Question and guess dare is hereby withdrawn.

But maybe You missed my prompting? We were speaking about ignoring Jesus (from your pill bottle vision) and I suggested that it was our heritage -AND- our inheritance (the Mind of Christ being formed in us) that was at risk if we continue as your vision suggests many will... I didn't mean to confuse you by mentioning that I was not Jewish but thanks for the unneeded correction, right?.

You do remember, right?

Also, you did not quote me correctly because I didn't highlight that statement you quoted
IN RED. You did. So you didn't quote me correctly and I will thank you to not take liberties with my writings (without permission) again.

Oh! And I'm Gentile, not Jew, but I like reading that version...
Summers MISQUOTE of Sparrow said:
...(ps, thanks for turning off the bold, but it's okay. I can unhighlight and read easy enuf)

Oh! And I'm Gentile, not Jew, but I like reading that version...

See? You misquoted me and applied your emphasis to MY WORDS. Shame on you, Doug. That's deliberate mis-quote. It's a liberty that I never specifically gave you, sir. You do not have the right (well, unless I give it to you, that is).

Signed, that bird-brained Legal Eagle, called sparrowHAWKE!

Last edited:
And I was, of course, referring to my natural man, my "ancestry" so called. So I am GOY, not Jewish, as I said. Wait, do you even know me? I give you three (3) guesses what nations my closest ancestors are from before they came to America. What nationality or ethnicity am I? Guess, if you can.

No. Never mind that. We used to played guessing games when we were in 1st Grade. Question and guess dare is hereby withdrawn.

But maybe You missed my prompting? We were speaking about ignoring Jesus (from your pill bottle vision) and I suggested that it was our heritage -AND- our inheritance (the Mind of Christ being formed in us) that was at risk if we continue as your vision suggests many will... I didn't mean to confuse you by mentioning that I was not Jewish but thanks for the unneeded correction, right?.

You do remember, right?

Also, you did not quote me correctly because I didn't highlight that statement you quoted
IN RED. You did. So you didn't quote me correctly and I will thank you to not take liberties with my writings (without permission) again.

See? You misquoted me and applied your emphasis to MY WORDS. Shame on you, Doug. That's deliberate mis-quote. It's a liberty that I never specifically gave you, sir. You do not have the right (well, unless I give it to you, that is).

Signed, that bird-brained Legal Eagle, called sparrowHAWKE!

Sorry Hawke, I was quoting Scripture, not you. I just highlighted it because i was emphasizing the fact that in the body there is no schism and we stand before God as one in unity and purpose, looking back on nothing that would personally differ one from another. I'm sorry I offended you.

I am all for study, one thing to keep in mind though is both Hebrew and the Greek are extremely old. It's like reading our old English and making sense out of it, so some scholars will not agree.
The Strongs, and Thayer Greek are good study tools, but they are definitions based on how they believe the Word was used according to a theology they had. Both are not College level ancient Greek and Hebrew with no spin.
Joseph Henry (Thayer) Was Methodist, and the Word Theos (god) had to include the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
James Strong did not believe in Trinity, even though having Methodist background and did not include that definition in the Word.

The good news is that there are only a few words that will get folks mad depending on how you interpret them.
Apostasia for example, Has to mean what it's English counter part means Apostasy, though there is a Greek Verb that explains the Action of departing from the Truth that fits by definition much more clear.
Parapipto means to fall aside from truth and it's a Verb.

Apostasia is a Greek Female noun, so it can't define what it departs from. The compound words mean to depart from a previous held position, or standing. It does not mean departing from truth as that would be impossible for a Greek female noun to convey.

It might not make that much difference, unless you are a Post trib rapture believer, because if you are, then the Word has to mean depart from the Truth, otherwise, the Body of Christ won't be around when the Son of perdition shows up, which rubs their doctrine the wrong way.

Aionios is another word, translated Eternity. Those that do no believe in eternal punishment will try to tell you that Aionios has the same exact meaning as Aion. That is also impossible, Aionios being a Greek Adjective, that continues unless defined in the article.

I Hear what your saying, you have to know your stuff if you step into some of these debates. It can get pretty complicated. Complicated past being helpful to anyone.

Mike.
Thanks, I did get the Apostosia study correct as you have described it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back