Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Think There Is No Link Between Darwinism and Nazism?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

Do forgive any oversight, but I can't see a philosophy forum here like they have at Yahoo Answers & C....F....net - I'm honestly not trying to be nasty, OK?

Watch This, says John West @ http://evolutionnews.org

The http://YouTube.com link hasn't printed here - I'll try to find & edit it in later

Those like Arthur Caplan who claim that Nazi ideology did not draw on Darwinism should watch this clip from a 1930s Nazi propaganda film justifying forced sterilization.

Near the beginning of the clip the narrator warns that modern society is transgressing against a fundamental law in preserving the unfit.

Just what law is he talking about? (Hint: You find it mentioned repeatedly in The Origin of Species and The Descent of Man.)

"Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed" features parallel readings of Hitler's notorious Mein Kampf & those 2 ill-advised Darwin books

Darwinism is a mere philosophy that rather clearly misinterprets & stubbornly ignores obvious overwhelming evidence of Intelligent Design reported by hundreds of MSc/PhD scientists, from microbiology to astronomy

True ID science is careful observing/testing all evidence

14 minutes ago
- 3 days left to answer @ Yahoo Answers

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...5021358AAahZj5

If link doesn't work - @ busy times of day etc - cut URL to 'index'

My name there is WonderWye & it's in Arts & Humanities: Philosophy OK?

Additional Details

You Tube link doesn't come up, so see clip @ http://evolutionnews.org

It openly advocates exterminating sick folk on the grounds of 'crime against natural selection'

Yahoo "Impressive Depressives" to see that many famous writers, artists, musicians, poets & generally creative people, inc Mozart, Bach, Handel, Boticelli, Pepys, Napoleon, Churchill etc, etc were bi-polar, aka manic depressives: the 'genius illness'

So am I: Spike Milligan founded The Manic Depressive Fellowship & wrote "How To Cope With Depression"

I was in Sefton Mental Health Support Group, chosen to present WRAP - Wellness & Recovery Action Plan - to a UK-wide conference of 'inter-disciplinary cross-fertilisation of folk with, or caring for those with it

Research by many leading companies shows that folk disabled in one area make the most of what they can do, with great focus & determination

& that 'able-bodied' folk often take for granted & even carelessly destroy their health, yes?

What say you?

Ian

And Martin Luther also said that all Jews should be driven out of Germany...so what?

Guilt by association is a well known logical fallacy.

Tell me how many references there are to Darwin or evolution in Hilter's Mein Kampf. Hint, the answer is less than one.

Darwin's books even were banned by the nazis:

Guidelines from Die Bücherei 2:6 (1935), p. 279

1. The works of traitors, emigrants and authors from foreign countries who believe they can attack and denigrate the new German (H.G. Wells, Rolland).

2. The literature of Marxism, Communism and Bolshevism.

3. Pacifist literature.

4. Literature with liberal, democratic tendencies and attitudes, and writing supporting the Weimar Republic (Rathenau, Heinrich Mann).

5. All historical writings whose purpose is to denigrate the origin, the spirit and the culture of the German Volk, or to dissolve the racial and structural order of the Volk, or that denies the force and importance of leading historical figures in favor of egalitarianism and the masses, and which seeks to drag them through the mud (Emil Ludwig).

6. Writings of a philosophical and social nature whose content deals with the false scientific enlightenment of primitive Darwinism and Monism (Häckel).

7. Books that advocate “art†which is decadent, bloodless, or purely constructivist (Grosz, Dix, Bauhaus, Mendelsohn).

8. Writings on sexuality and sexual education which serve the egocentric pleasure of the individual and thus, completely destroy the principles of race and Volk (Hirschfeld).

9. The decadent, destructive and Volk-damaging writings of “Asphalt and Civilization†literati! (Graf, H. Mann, Stefan Zweig, Wassermann, Franz Blei). [transl. note: a derogatory term for writers dealing with upper middle class urban society].

10. Literature by Jewish authors, regardless of the field.

11. Popular entertainment literature that depicts life and life’s goals in a superficial, unrealistic and sickly sweet manner, based on a bourgeois or upper class view of life.

12. Nationalistic and patriotic kitsch in literature (P.O. Höcker!).

[Source for German text: pp. 143-144 of Strothmann, Dietrich. Nationalsozialistische Literaturpolitik: ein Beitrag zur Publizistik im Dritten Reich. Bonn: H. Bouvier, 1968. Translation by Dr. Roland Richter. Bold added.]
http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2006/10 ... -to-2.html

Well Ian, you have a few responses here. Do you have anything else to say, or do you accept that the whole Darwin/Nazi link is a very poor line of propaganda.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in my readings, I believe that I read where the Nazis believed that the Aryan race can be traced back to Atlantis and tied in mythology to being decendants from gods.

I do not remember reading anything about that in Darwins works.......

I didn't read the post because it didn't deserve to be read based on the title.

Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc. Look it up.

By the way, I can happily post pictures of Hitler meeting with the Pope. It doesn't mean Christianity is directly or even indirectly responsible for anything of another doctrine of thought. Bunch of bull the original post is, and I don't even need to read it.

Jayls5 said:

By the way, I can happily post pictures of Hitler meeting with the Pope. It doesn't mean Christianity is directly or even indirectly responsible for anything of another doctrine of thought. Bunch of bull the original post is, and I don't even need to read it.

Most of the radical creationists aren't exactly fans of the papacy. :roll: :-?

Laudate Dominum said:
Jayls5 said:

Most of the radical creationists aren't exactly fans of the papacy. :roll: :-?

I was just making the point of what a loose association they have, aka correlation and not causation.

catholicism has a loose association with Nazism, arguably more of one than darwinism. I wasn't trying to discuss the merits of catholicism. I just wanted to make a brief analogy to point out the absurdity of the attempted argument that Nazism is fundamentally tied to darwinism.

That's about eugenics, not darwinism.

The former relates to the latter like the witch trials to christianity.

And your point?

What the objective unbiased reader observes who actually clicks on the link and listens to the argument they made is that if you substitute "allow natural selection of primates to get to modern day humans" in place of the argument against the weak and inferior among humans -- the argument is "the same".

Just like the theory of gravity does not say we should lay flat on the ground, the theory of evolution does not say we should kill less fit members of the population. Scientific theories describe 'is'es, what we see, what relationships we can find in the universe around us. Ethics and moralitys deal with 'oughts', what we should do and what is 'right' and wrong. There is a fallacy known as the is-ought fallacy or naturalistic fallacy; ie, that ises do not describe oughts, and just because something is true or exists in nature does not mean it is right or that it should exist in nature. There is natural selection in reality, but just as the existence of gravity does not mean we should force people to the ground, the theory of evolution does not mean we should enforce our own selection.

In summary, supporting evolution is not supporting eugenics.

It is clear for the objective unbiased reader that the argument IN that video is not "Gravity says we should lie flat on the ground" rather it is the argument that mankind is suspending the operation of "natural selection" which even Darwin says would sideline less "fit" parts of the population for "more fit" segments "Survival of the FITTEST" remember?

Ahhh it's all coming back to you know -- eh?

Evolutionist Sir Arthur Keith wrote: ‘The German Führer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist; he has consciously sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution.’ Evolution and Ethics, Putnam, New York, p. 230, 1947.

in Christ,

Bob

Could you please stop the sneaked in loaded language, such as implying that anyone who doesn't agree to you is not objective and biased? It's getting annoying and is nothing more than quite cheap rhetorics.

The ToE is descriptive, not prescriptive, and hence ethically neutral.
Again, it was forced eugenics which Hitler attempted to do, not any part of the ToE.

One might link it to social darwinism, but that is an entirely different cup of tea than darwinism.

Sir Keith also was a proponent of Piltdown man...lol.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back