Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Thoughts on Joel Osteen

javier-bardem-photos-12.jpg
It says I can click on image to view the full size version.
I'm afraid it'll break my screen if I do that.

I don't think I ever preached on Hell either. You only have so much time to speak and must be led by what you speak.

More than a few preachers don't believe in a literal place called hell anymore, a place where all unbelievers will suffer the pains of eternal damnation, a place that God doesn't want anyone to go to, it was created for the devil and his angels..

Osteen may sound pious and sweet to say, ". . . I don't have it in my heart to condemn people," but according to the Lord Jesus, they are already condemned. The Lord says in John 3:18, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." The Christian?s message is not condemnation, but the way out of ALREADY condemnation. If there is no "hell fire and brimstone"?there is no reason for Jesus dieing on the cross. It was a waste. Hell is as much a part of the gospel, as the blood of Jesus Christ. No hell. No blood. No heaven. No gospel. . .

Friend, if we believe the Bible it is our duty and decency to warn people about hell! Warning someone of the fires of eternal hell is not condemning them - it is just the opposite - we are trying to keep them from being condemned in hell!

http://biblebelievers.com/watkins_olsteen/osteen.html

tob

Lol. I take no pride in myself as to call myself awesome.

Yes. I agree. The problem is I do like to listen to you a lot of the time, but there are other times when I can't understand why someone who is pretty scripturally sound isn't personally convicted when devouring his brother or sister with harsh words and criticism.

That's a bit of a stretch, Mike. Joel can, does, and will help people. God uses crooked sticks to draw straight lines all the time. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I don't have any problem with how much many Joel makes. I have no problem with Joel at all, as a human being, he is my brother. I just think that he is doing his congregation a disservice by not preaching to them about the things which God hates. I think he panders a little softly and, if challenged on such matters as homosexuality or Islam, he would buckle and use pretty words to avoid the topics.

I reap the blessings of God frequently and I don't think our individual opinions on this matter will change your blessings or mine in any way, shape, or form.

Blake, everything you say matters. Your opinion does matter.See, harsh is when your believing God for something, and the enemy has a right because you put your mouth on one of God's ministers. That is how it works, you have to be judged the same, and the devils only get to us through God's word, as they can't violate it. They spend a whole bunch of time trying to get us mad at each other, because they know that is the place they can have.

Joel preaches what He is suppose to. His church is filled with mostly young believers, the more mature ones leave all the time. You turn on Joel, and find out God loves you, He wants you wealthy and in a good place. No question what your going to hear, so that consistency is what is needed, because God can send the folks that just need to know they are loved over to Joel.

If you were preaching, and the Lord told you to to speak of the evils of not washing dishes, then that is what you preach. You make notes, get ready, but as soon as you step up to preach, the Lord says...... Dishes Blake, tell them about the dishes.
What are you suppose to do? Tell God NO.

When we Judge someone like Joel, we have to take everything with that Judgement. Joel only keeps 6.8% of what comes in his business. Just by default the enemy has a right to stop our money from just a normal job to being at 6.8 percent effective of what we bring in. We might not have a issue with what Joel makes, but we put down the mans calling and Job. That means bills get behind, every single time.

So, here is what I want you to do. When in the store at Walmart, and the lines are slow, instead of mentioning how slow they are, say, "All is well."

If some Jerk cuts you off while driving, say, "All is well."

Gas prices to high? "All is well."

For me, it was Milk prices, I use to run around claiming they are milking Golden cows, has to be it. That is not good ...... "All is Well."

Someone at home, are the ones that really set us off, a good place to find out how spiritual we really are.... Instead of getting upset, say. "All is well."

So, before you say something... Say, "All is well." then measure how many times it came to mind that you were suppose to say, "All is well."

If your willing to speak about Joel, I can promise that is just a surface issue. I have story, after story of harvest coming to pass quickly for just saying one thing about someone, and I am not trying to be mean, I want you to see it also.

I believe Joel Osteen is a false prophet. Like Brother Blake says he is more motivation speaker that preacher. I do not and will never support his ministry. He is just another one of those false teachers the Lord warned us about that would come around at the end times. I pray for him because he might get by with with what he is saying now but he won't when he faces judgment.

More than a few preachers don't believe in a literal place called hell anymore, a place where all unbelievers will suffer the pains of eternal damnation, a place that God doesn't want anyone to go to, it was created for the devil and his angels..

Osteen may sound pious and sweet to say, ". . . I don't have it in my heart to condemn people," but according to the Lord Jesus, they are already condemned. The Lord says in John 3:18, "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." The Christian?s message is not condemnation, but the way out of ALREADY condemnation. If there is no "hell fire and brimstone"?there is no reason for Jesus dieing on the cross. It was a waste. Hell is as much a part of the gospel, as the blood of Jesus Christ. No hell. No blood. No heaven. No gospel. . .

Friend, if we believe the Bible it is our duty and decency to warn people about hell! Warning someone of the fires of eternal hell is not condemning them - it is just the opposite - we are trying to keep them from being condemned in hell!

http://biblebelievers.com/watkins_olsteen/osteen.html

tob

Well, Joel Osteen believes in Hell, He is just not going to put anyone there, and claims He is not the final judge. I suppose that is good enough. Not good enough for many though. I personally can not say for sure who is going to Hell, I can say Jesus is the way, truth and life.

Everyone is destined for hell already, we should make that a public fact, unless they receive Jesus as Lord, and really act and live as Jesus is Lord.

It's not my business to tell Joel Osteen what to preach, and I have no business to tell you to Preach something if your preaching. It would get real annoying to you after preaching a good sermon you spent all week on, getting direction from the Lord, and at the end of every service I yell at you for not talking about God healing some folks there.

If I want folks healed, then I need to start the healing lines, not put pressure on you for doing what your suppose to be doing. If you want to talk about Hell, then you need to go out and get that message out.

If folks need healing, God can direct them to my church, if they need to hear about hell, then the Lord will get them over to your church.

That is just the folks trying to honestly get answers. A whole bunch of folks just like to hear what they want to hear and you or I can do nothing about that, but do what we are led and called to do.

Be blessed.

Mike.

Did
I believe Joel Osteen is a false prophet. Like Brother Blake says he is more motivation speaker that preacher. I do not and will never support his ministry. He is just another one of those false teachers the Lord warned us about that would come around at the end times. I pray for him because he might get by with with what he is saying now but he won't when he faces judgment.

Did you know that in your profile it says that you are both male and female?
Welcome.

Back