Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Three things God can't do

Classik

Someone sent this stuff: Three things God can't do, 'He can't lie! He can't change!! He can't allow sinners into Heaven!!!....with the following quotes: Jer 32:27, Num 23:19, Jn 3:3,5, Mal 3:6 and Heb 6:18

Why would god need to lie? And we are all sinners, thoughs who are deserving get into heaven.

Hi So4: God's promises are very precious; John 3.16 is a great one.

I think the point is that God won't deny His own Word. So promises to repentant, believing sinners, who trust His Son the Savior, are very valuable.

God is the great and only "I AM" and he never changes as he is the same yesterday, today and forever and so are all his promises also stand until the end of time. We have to remember though that all his promises can either bring his blessings or his curse as in Deuteronomy Chapters 27, 28.

Another thing He can't do is going against His own Word. But I guess that's the same as he can't lie. So whatever He says is true! Whatever He promised He will do!

Another thing He can't do is going against His own Word. But I guess that's the same as he can't lie. So whatever He says is true! Whatever He promised He will do!
i hate to nitpick

but didnt god say that the soul that slayeth another by his blood shall the price be paid? yet he didnt do that to david.
didnt god say without the remission of blood theres no forgiveness?
yet david and the whole city of nineveh repented with no blood letting.

i hate to nitpick

but didnt god say that the soul that slayeth another by his blood shall the price be paid? yet he didnt do that to david.
didnt god say without the remission of blood theres no forgiveness?
yet david and the whole city of nineveh repented with no blood letting.

So you're saying what God said is not true or that He lied?

no, that the law did what he said it would do but if you read as its taught. you will come to that conclusion.

the idea of blood for sins is old yes but its not needed. and its in the writings where he says if put my nation in captivity and they turn to pray toward this city wherein my name dwells forever then i shall hear them when they repent and return them from their captivity.

no sin offering and daniel is shown downing tha and mannaseh, no alter is needed and i well could show you where david offers things. its called discerning the law. which was greatest in the torah? the heart that repented with and outward act or just an outward act.

if you take the the bible this way, you will see that what jesus did wasnt all that knew. he quotes the torah.

Do these verses remind us of something, Jason....are there Godly exceptions??? Rom 9:15 and Exo 33:19 perhaps :dunno :confused :shrug Are there Godly conditions?

now you are getting it. to make this loop back in.

God gave the law to point to the Lord's nature and his blood shed for all men. the law forced men to ask god to forgive them. the idea of blood for the repentance was a ritual god used to point to the cross., it wasnt needed as seen in the book of jonah

I recommend the book, "101Things God Can't Do." by Maisie Sparks, Thomas Nelson Publishers. For each thing listed, like God can't lie, there is also the bible verse to back it up, such as Hebrews 6:18, for this one.

Back